InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Marching Dragons ❯ Kagome the Witch and the Pit ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Marching Dragons
Chapter Fifteen: Kagome the Witch and the Pit
 
{Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or anything else in this fic. I wish I did and pray to the all mighty Jebus daily, but it just won't happen.}
 
Authors Note: Okay, I'm sorry for the skip in time. I tried writing a chapter between this one and the last one but I started getting writers block. So I just skipped it all together. Again, I'm very, very sorry. I just didn't want to wait another six months before the next update again. That and I'm sure that you guys wouldn't like that either. Maybe someday I'll go back and put a chapter there. I don't know. Also, I'm very sorry it's so short. I got to page four and couldn't think of anything else. Damn mini writers block. ::sighs:: sorry. Enjoy for now.
 
Blue Dove: Yeah there will be a conflict, there always has to be a conflict. It'll come in later chapters. I was going to add a mini conflict sooner, but the main conflict doesn't come until they graduate.
 
BlueMonkey89: No, Sesshoumaru's not going to join the band, there is something going on with that song though, just wait.
 
Row: there are about….thirteen or so chapters left. This is subject to change.
 
-Flame
 
~~*~=~*~=~*~~
 
It was a few months after winter break. Kagome returned to the states a few weeks after I did and then midterms kept us from see each other for a bit. Not that I minded I would much rather get good grades and pass than go about town gallivanting and not being able to get into a good college.
 
We were now well into the third marking period and there had been talk of the spring musical going about. Auditions where held the week before and I knew Kagome signed up, but that was about all.
 
I was standing with the group in the hallway before school when Shippou ran up to us. “Guys! I made it!” he bounced.
 
“Really?” Miroku looked surprised. “What role?”
 
“Boq! He's a munchkin!”
 
“Cool.” Inuyasha smiled. I understood that Boq wasn't a lead role or anything like that, but I suppose no one thought Shippou would have gotten a role at all. Then a shriek came from down the hall. I turned once I recognized the voice of Kagome and saw her running down the hall.
 
“I made it!” She squealed and jumped into my arms. I held her around the waist as her legs wrapped around my hips and I shuttered. “I made it Shou!”
 
“Congratulations. Who where you cast as?”
 
“Need you ask?” Inuyasha raised an eyebrow. “She always gets cast as the lead.” Kagome rolled her eyes and smiled at me.
 
“You're now looking at the new wicked witch of the west!” I smiled back and kissed her forehead. She hopped off me and turned to Shippou. “I noticed you got Boq. That's awesome.”
 
“I was hoping for Fiyero, but that's okay.” Kagome sighed.
 
“It's like Inuyasha said. I always get the female leads and Naraku always gets the male leads.” She sighed and turned to me. “Shou, do you think that you could join the pit orchestra now that marching season's over?”
 
“I'll see what I can do.” There was something about this request that I was missing. I would have to ask one of the others about it soon. The bell rang and we all separated to our classes. I was lucky that this was now second semester.
 
Walking into my new first period class with Sango I turned to her. “Why did Kagome want me to join pit so much. I could hear almost a pleading in her voice.” Sango looked down for a bit as we took our seats.
 
“It's Naraku.” That's the third time now I've heard of this guy and I still don't know who he is. I've never met him, of that I'm sure. “He wants Gome. Not because he likes her or anything, but because everyone else does.” I stiffened at that. “He doesn't do anything until the spring play because then he can justify his actions by saying `we were rehearsing'.”
 
“I don't think I wish to know what these `actions' are.” I growled. “I won't let him do anything to her this year. If he even thinks of putting a hand on her…” Sango smiled as the teacher walked in.
 
“I'm glad you're taking care of her.” Class went on without a hitch after that. The entire school day did for that matter. After school I went to the band room to join the pit. Mr. O was already there with a large group of people. I recognized a few faces and was a little stunned.
 
Annette was there with her saxophone. I knew she played that in class, but I didn't expect her in pit. Jen was sitting next to Annette with her clarinet and they were talking. There was also a few others from marching band that where there with sting instruments. I sat down next to Jen who I'd become good friends with in the past months. Just as I though she kept Cydnie off my back.
 
“Nice to see you here Shou.” She smiled as I took out my flute.
 
“Nice to be here.” I said as Mr. O walked in the center of the circle the group had made.
 
“I was just reading an e-mail from Mrs. Cosby.” A loud grown was heard throughout the room. I didn't know who this Cosby person was but I had a feeling I would know and wouldn't like it too much when I found out. “She says that she want to be able to practice with the cast once before spring break in a week.”
 
“She's crazed, right?” Jen spoke up before me. “This is grade four music. In two weeks we'd be okay, but one? Must we bring up the disaster of Suessical?”
 
“Keep in mind that the people who made Suessical were on LSD and didn't even know how to write the bloody music to begin with.” Annette added and Mr. O sighed.
 
“She was nice enough to let us practice the songs we wanted to practice.”
 
“El gaspo.” Someone said from the cello section. Mr. O laughed and nodded.
 
“So how about we run through the songs and see which one sounds the best at the moment and we'll work on that one first.” All nodded and we began running through the music.
 
After about an hour Mr. O ended the rehearsal and asked our opinion on which song we thought sounded the best. Some thought the opening was good, others thought Popular was good. Others like Defying Gravity. I thought Dancing Through Life was nice.
 
The conductor took all of our opinions and said he'd tell us at the next practice. We all went home and the next day met back up once again. “Okay guys.” Mr. O said once we were all ready to practice. “We're going to do Dancing Through Life. This song has all the leads in it so it'll be good for the cast.” So that was what we practiced for the next few days.
 
That Friday we had that song down pat along with Defying Gravity and most of the opening which was a lot harder than one would think. We practiced the opening a few times before the few cast members came in.
 
Kagome was the first to arrive and stood behind me while we waited for the others to come in. “Thanks for doing this Shou.”
 
“Not a problem. I'm enjoying this anyway.” I smiled at her and she smiled back, kissing my cheek as she walked away as the others entered. There was one girl with short curly nearly black hair, Shippou, a guy with long black raggedy looking hair who stood much too close to Kagome for my liking, as well as a shorter girl with black hair tied back into a tight pony tail and caramel eyes.
 
“All right, ready to practice?” All nodded and the band put their instruments in playing position. “We're going to be doing Dancing Through Life.” Mr. O nodded and we began playing.
 
“The trouble with school is they always try to teach the wrong lesson.” The man with the raggedy hair sang. I knew from listening to the CD I bought that he was Fiyero, which means that was Naraku. I kept my eyes on Naraku as much as I could while reading music and watching Mr. O. It was challenging I could say that much. “So - what's the most swankified place in town?”
 
“That would be the Ozdust Ballroom.” The girl with the short curly hair spoke. That must be Glinda. I take it they have a wig for her, they would have to.
 
“Miss Glinda - I hope you'll save at least one dance for me. I'll be right there. Waiting. All night.” Shippou spoke. He was a Boq. I've learned to love this play. When I bought the CD I also bought the book so I could at least know the plot of the thing, and I like it. Everyone continued their parts until it grew close to Kagome's entrance.
 
“Elphaba, please try to understand.” The girl with the pony tail spoke.
 
“I do.” Kagome sang and I nearly stopped playing. If I thought the songs she wrote and sang in Japan complimented her voice I was wrong. I couldn't believe how much better she sounded than a month or so ago.
 
The music complimented her voice so wonderfully I was nearly humbled. It was no wonder she always got the leads. The song ended and we practiced a few others as well. That was all practice was.
 
While we were packing up the few cast members were hanging out with us and Kagome started walking over to me while I was putting my chair away. She never made it to me though, Naraku stopped her when she almost reached me. “Gome.” His voice caressed over the room and I saw her shiver, but not in pleasure. It was like a cold winter breeze wrapped around her. “Why don't we go practice some of act two?”
 
“I would rather not at the moment. I'm rather tired.” His hand reached out and went to rest on her shoulder and I made my move. Leaving the chair next to the rack I put my arm around her waist and glared at Naraku.
 
“I believe my girlfriend said no.” The man before me glared right back and folded his arms over his chest.
 
“We need to practice.”
 
“Unfortunately we've made plans for the day. You'll just have to wait to rehearse with the rest of the cast.” If I remember correctly Elphaba and Fiyero where supposed to be having an affair, like I would really let Naraku take my Kagome to practice that.
 
“Forgive me.” Naraku smirked and left.
 
“Thank you Shou.” Kagome relaxed in my arms for the first time since Naraku entered the room.
 
“No need to tank me.” I kissed her cheek. “I was glad to do, and the next time, and the next. I just hope I don't loose my patients, then again maybe that would be a good thing.” She laughed and kissed me before helping the other pit members put away the equipment.
 
Naraku had just better hope there isn't a next time. I'm not a very patient person after all.