InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Miko and The Wolf ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Prolouge
kagome wandered through the forest surrounding kaede's village.her and inuyasha had gotten into another fight about her going home,and she planed on going home,but she wanted time to cool off so she wouldn't snap at anyone when she got there.~he's such a jerk!~she thought as she walked.~collecting shards isn't my whole life!~she was fuming mad when she left kaede's and you could tell by the hole inuyasha put in the floor after she had walked out the door.she almost laughed when she heard the floor break beneath his falling head.'he's really got a thick head...'she had thought walking away.she sighed and sat down after walking into a clearing.she looked up at the pale blue sky.~i never see a sky like this in tokyo...~she thought as a fluffy cloud floated infront of the golden sun.she sighed again and pulled her knees to her chin.~i don't even want to go back,but after that fight...inuyasha's not gonna want me to stay here...~she thought sadly.~and i have no where else to stay...~she looked at the sky again as a gentle breeze floated through the meadow.the breeze ruffed her hair a little.she burried her face in her knees.kagome pulled her face out of her knees and set her chin on them.tears were in her eyes.she wiped her eyes on the back of her sleaves which subdued the tears from coming.she sighed.~what am i going to do?maybe i should just leave the shards here and go home....~she thought.~...but then i would never see anyone again....~she told herself.~what should i do....~she asked herself,close to tears again.she burried her face back in her knees and let the tears come.
within the surrounding trees,a figure walked silently.his black hair swayed from side to side as he walked.the armor upon his chest gleamed in the mid-day sun.his head turned to the right when he caught the faint scent of tears.he changed his direction towards the scent and followed it.he stopped when he smelled something else.he smiled.~kagome...~he broke into a jog towards the edge of the trees.
kagome's head snapped up when she felt shards moving towards her.she jumped up and whiped the tears from her eyes furiously.she looked around and her eyes stopped on an opening on her left.she steadied her legs to get ready to run.she didn't know what was coming,but if it was something she needed to run from she'd be ready.she kept her eyes fixed on the opening in the trees.
out fom the trees came a small blue cyclone,which caused kagome to relax a little.out from the cyclone jumped the leader off the wolf demons,kouga.he smiled as he started towards kagome.she let out a silent sigh and loosened her muscles.~great,now he's gonna ask whats wrong...~she thought realizing she had dried tears staining her cheeks.she looked to the ground trying to hide her redened eyes.
kouga stopped two feet from her."what is kagome?"he asked sensing something was wrong.
she shook her head."nothing."she answered not looking up at him.
he placed a hand under her chin and raised her eyes to his.his teal eyes seemed to search hers for an answer."what happened."
she shut her eyes and shook her head."nothing."she answered again her voice shaking.
"did mutt--"kouga started,but kagome cut him off.
"i don't want to talk about it."she told him,as she turned away.a few tears escaped her eyes again,and she whiped the away.
kouga didn't push for answers only stood and looked at her.he placed his hand on her shoulder."if you want to tell me you can,but if you don't it's alright."
kagome opened her eyes and looked at his hand.she shut her eyes again and took a step forward.he pulled his hand back to his side and looked away."i'm sorry...but i just can't talk about it right now..."she turned and looked at him.she turned to walk away when he grabbed her arm.she looked back.
"where are you going?"he asked her.
"back to my time..."she answered."but i'm coming back."she told him.
he released her arm and looked at her.though he didn't look it,he was a little confused.~why is she telling me she'll be back?~he wondered.~is she telling me...nah.~he told himself shaking the thought out of his head.
she turned and headed for the well once more,leaving kouga behind her.she glanced back seeing him wandering back into the forest.she smiled abit and looked ahead of her once more.she walked through the forest just beyond the well,feeling somewhat better than she had been.she reached the well and peered down before jumping into the darkness.


Author's Note:Yes I know short,but I just wanted a short prolouge,I hope the rest of my chapters are longer...heh heh...