InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Miko and the Youkai Prince (Sesshomaru) ❯ The Journey Begins ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Sesshomaru glanced over what Sayo was holding, the jewel. Sayo stared at him, feeling unsure of whether he was a demon, human or hanyou. Taking a guess of him being human, she lost her fear of him and instantly started to hate the Lord Sesshomaru. She had ever right too: he came here to steal the jewel, he, though she didn't know, was going to kill his own half-blood, and use the jewel to his selfish desires. Everyone knew that the jewel can only be used if it is what the user truly wants, but what everyone doesn't know is that, the jewel, even if it's a tiny speck, will not grant you whatever it is you used to desire if you found a new desire.
 
“You are demon? You look more human to be than demon, are you sure you're a demon?” Sayo mocked.
 
Abruptly, she was taken by the neck and held up high. Sesshomaru found that question, a mockery of his demon stature. Instead of reacting like a normal person by putting her hands and prying apart the hand on her neck that was squeezing the very life out of her, she left her arms dangling in the air. Though it hurt and she was now terrified, she didn't want to show any fear but subconsciously, she winced and dropped the jewel. Sesshomaru threw her up against the wooden wall with a thud and a harsh one. He looked at his hands as they were burned. Sayo noticed what effect she had on him.
 
“Idiot, I'm a shrine maiden, meaning I could kill you” Sayo chuckled
 
Sesshomaru placed a hand upon his sword that could kill, Tokijin. Sayo immediately shut her eyes and moved the sleeve of her kimono up to her mouth, as thought covering everything but her eyes. Sesshomaru saw how she reacted, which was normal than anyone else's that he has saw, but how she was positioned in his point of view. She looked like she was grasping her heart inside and leaning down, as though like praying. Something in her position made Sesshomaru ignore the thought of killing her but instead he took the jewel. Sayo saw what action he took and saw that he was just about to leave. It was her duty to purify it.
 
“Sesshomaru, if you may, may I come along with you to your journey towards whatever?” Sayo asked.
 
He froze in his footsteps. It seemed like he was gonna say yes and that was also what he thought. He looked down to the jewel and saw it turn into a pure black with a light blue glow around it. It seemed that this jewel turns pure black unless purified. He continued to walk, leaving Sayo there bowing on the wooden floor. When he slid the paper door, he answered back to Sayo.
 
“Do as you wish,” was all Sesshomaru replied.
 
To Sayo, that meant yes and she quickly got up on her feet and followed after Sesshomaru. To Sesshomaru, that also meant yes but for a different reason, the jewel cannot be used if it was pure black, it must regain its blue-purplish glow. He threw the jewel to Sayo so she could start purifying it and she quickly started to.