InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Model Village ❯ Sweet Dreams ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own Inuyasha & company.

 

Hey everybody! As I promised, the new chapter has been written and posted on schedule. I would like to clear up a little confusion about the storyline of this fic. Now I have gotten comments from reviewers saying that this fic is like the movie, The Indian in the Cupboard. I am curious as to what it is exactly that makes this storyline a lot like that movie. Just to clarify, I did not get the idea from Indian in the Cupboard, but from my own mind. My father made my mother a Victorian village for Christmas quite a few years back, which included ceramic houses that my mother painted, figurines of people and animals, a train that went around the village, cars, etc. Then this idea came to my mind one night, "What if the figurines came to life while I was not looking?" Now, I understand that's not exactly what happened here, but I have original storylines that were written a long time ago that apply to this idea and I plan to turn it into a children's series. It's just that this fic has turned out the way it has to make it funny and interesting. It's been a while since I've seen The Indian in the Cupboard. I can only think that the only resemblance is that a little figurine comes to life. So, now that you know where I truly came up with the idea for this fic, I certainly hope that clears all that confusion up, okay.

 

 

Chapter 7: Sweet Dreams

 

As Kagome worked on her homework, Inuyasha had been watching her intently in silence. He sat and watched her concentrate as he sat Indian style and crossed his arms over his chest. Kagome went over her math homework and then went to her English homework. While she worked on her English, she said some of the phrases aloud to make sure she was getting the pronunciation correct. As she did that, Inuyasha began to ask her what it was she was saying. It was interesting to him because he had never heard such a language before. She explained where the language came from, and what each word meant. Kagome noticed how much easier she was learning the second language due to Inuyasha's interest. Kagome was getting used to him being with her, even if they had only just met.

As Kagome was quizzing Inuyasha on some words for fun, her mother called up letting her know that dinner was ready. Kagome looked at Inuyasha and then at the village. She didn't really want to leave, but she decided she would, so no one would come up to get her.

"I'm gonna go eat for a bit. Did you want me to take you back to the village?" Kagome asked Inuyasha as she got up from her chair.

"Uh…I guess." He replied as he turned and looked at the village. He noticed it had become quiet over in that direction. He figured he could tolerate them as long as they were finished laughing.

"Okay, here." Kagome held out her hand, and Inuyasha climbed on. She walked him over, set him down next to Kikyo's shrine and then looked at the other figurines. They had all laughed themselves to sleep.

Inuyasha looked down onto the village grounds and saw the site of them all sprawled out on their backs just snoring away. Inuyasha turned to Kagome as she took a step and then asked, "Kagome? Do you think it would be okay if I spent more time with you tonight? After you come back?"

"Sure, I won't be up too much longer, but since everyone's asleep, that's fine with me." Kagome answered with a nod and a smile as she turned towards her door and closed it as she left.

Inuyasha turned to the village and decided to just sit down and collect his thoughts. Everything that had happened that day was strange. The fact that time froze was what intrigued him the most. He needed to figure this out with Kagome since everyone else was asleep and obviously not paying attention to the possibilities. It seemed like everyone else was taking everythint as something funny. To Inuyasha, it was serious. He certainly didn't like being a plastic figurine. He wanted his body back, and not having his powers was bothering him.

_______________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ________________

As Kagome walked down the steps, she once again heard noises and voices from the kitchen. It seemed like dejavu. It reminded her of that morning when she walked down the stairs to leave for school. When she arrived in the kitchen for dinner, she saw that her mom had cooked a huge pot of stew, and rice. As she sat down, they all asked her about the Village and if she was enjoying the figurines. She had to think for a second. She decided to remain impartial to the question and say that she loved the figurines and thought they looked very original, and that they looked almost too real to be made from the imagination of some artist or crafter.

Kagome decided to ask Grandpa where he had found them. She figured he had found them at some auction, or at some very unusual store due to their intricacy. She was right. He had indeed found them at and unusual store in downtown Tokyo. Supposedly, they had been found many years ago by a family, and that family handed them down through the generations. Since the figures were soo beautiful, they kept them as inheritance, figuring they'd be worth something in the future. Grandpa had automatically recognized Inuyasha, due to the shrine's legend, and wondered if they were made after them, and maybe some Lord's child had lost them during a skirmish or something along those lines. According to the storeowner, no one knew the legend or who made the figurines during the feudal era.

Well, who would've thought they'd be worth soo much more than money could ever pay for them, especially once they've returned to their full exuberance. What a shocker that would be to Grandpa, to see the legends come to life before his very eyes? What Grandpa thought was most unusual about them was how they looked as if they were made with the same materials they make dolls with in the present. He wondered how that was possible if they were handed down from the Feudal era if those materials didn't even exist during those times. Kagome began to wonder the same thing. Could it have been a foretelling of when they'd awaken?

"I don't know, I think that store owner was pulling my chain. I bet they were made somewhere else, and he just made that story up. They're too intricately made, and the materials, it's impossible for them to have existed that long. Most dolls were made of cloth back in those days." Grandpa eluded.

"Hmm…I don't know, Grandpa. You said that even the storeowner didn't know about the legend. I guess the legend only exists in the immediate area, and not every family survived through to this era. As far as where they came from is a mystery." Kagome said as she rested her chin on her hand and stared off into the distance thinking.

Even though Kagome knew where they came from, she couldn't just come out and say that to them. The figurines were the main subject throughout dinner. Once dinner was over, Kagome's mother pulled a cake out of the fridge, and they added fifteen candles to be lit. As they finished lighting the candles, they turned off the lights and sang happy birthday to Kagome as she blew out the candles when she made her wish. They ate cake, gave her a few more presents, and they had a good time celebrating.

_______________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ________________

About a half hour later, Kagome grabbed her gifts and headed back up to her room. When she opened her door, she walked up to her bed and set down her new shirt from her mom and the stuffed doggy from her younger brother Souta. She walked up to her dresser and put her new pair of earrings from her mom in her small jewelry box and then turned to look at the peaceful village when she noticed a dog-eared figurine missing…She turned around when she heard something from under her closet door. She walked over to her closet and opened the door.

She found Inuyasha looking up at a set of clothes. They were her priestess clothes. Red hakama and white kimono. She wondered what he was doing there in her closet. It didn't look like he had disturbed anything.

"What are you doing in here?" Kagome asked.

"Oh, uh…I was curious as to what was behind this door. I didn't do anything wrong did I?" Inuyasha asked as he turned around and looked up.

"Oh, no…I just wondered what had drawn you to crawl under my closet door like a mouse." Kagome said as she giggled.

"What's soo funny? Everyone was asleep, so I got bored…"

"It's okay. You said you wanted to spend more time with me. I have the rest of the evening. Plus I thought I'd tell ya something interesting." Kagome said as she lent him her hand and he climbed on. She then took him across the room and sat him down on the bed next to her.

"What did ya need to tell me?" Inuyasha asked as he sat down facing her.

"Well, I asked Grandpa how he came upon you guys. He said he found you all in a strange shop in downtown Tokyo. Supposedly, the storeowner said a family from the feudal era found all of you and kept all of you in the family as inheritance, thinking you all would be worth lots of money. Word has it you guys belonged to some Lord's child or something, but lost you all in a skirmish. That's about all the storeowner could tell Grandpa. He doesn't believe the story though, especially with how you all wound up turning out, being made out of plastic and all. He thinks he was ripped off by a stupid story. The only thing is, no one in this area knows about your tale. My grandfather knows that's the legend this shrine we live at represents." Kagome explained as Inuyasha watched her intently.

"Legend, huh?" Inuyasha snorted as he looked down and shook his head. "That's all we've become? A legend only known by four people? With everything we've been through, we have not been noted in history. Makes it all seem like it was in vain." He said with a down tone.

"No, I don't think it was. Someone screwed with your lives, it mattered to you, but obviously, most of everything that may have happened to everyone around you was too shady to be considered anything but too strange to be true. These days, most happenings such as those are considered like ghost stories and fables, not reality." Kagome shrugged.

"Ghost stories? GHOST STORIES?!" Inuyasha shouted as he stood up and raised his fist. "It was true! All true! I swear! I have no way of proving it to you other than my standing here in this form! This is reality! How can people dismiss what happened in the past as fiction? Doesn't anyone believe that the impossible can and will happen?" Inuyasha started pacing as he went on.

"I don't know, Inuyasha. My best guess is that it's easier to believe that their eyes were playing tricks on them, or it was a hallucination brought on by something than to believe it was the truth. It's called, `ignorance is bliss'. Have you ever heard of that?" Kagome asked.

Inuyasha stopped pacing and faced her as he said, "Keh…What a childish excuse. I went through hell, and they thought they were on an alcohol buzz! I can't believe this!" He shook his fists in the air once again. He stopped suddenly, put his hands over his face and just sat down, as he rested his elbows on his knees.

"I believe you, Inuyasha. I feel bad for what you've been through. You've been very strong, and I certainly hope that we'll be able to figure this out and get you all back to normal. With everything I've seen and felt I can't remain ignorant. I am just as much a part of this as you are now. I wasn't sure how you'd take all that, but I had to tell you as soon as I got back. This is very fishy, and I'm willing to do what I can to help." Kagome responded.

Inuyasha took a deep breathe to calm himself and removed his hands from his face and opened his eyes. What she said was exactly what he needed to hear. He felt drawn to her all right. She had what he needed in many ways. At least there was one person he could depend on. He looked into her eyes and saw the love she felt for him.

He smiled and said, "Thank you. I am glad you found me and the rest of them as well, no matter how annoying they all can be. I just feel lost right now. I don't know where I am, what I'm supposed to do, or where I'm going from here. I can tell a lot has changed since my time. I'm worried about what's going to happen after we figure everything out and we all go back to normal. I don't think it would be a pleasure living in your era. I'm going to need you even more at that point."

Kagome returned the smile and looked at the clock. It said 10:00pm. Kagome had to get up for school the next morning. She had no idea how much longer she should stay up. She didn't want to ignore the subject, but she couldn't afford to stay up all night trying to figure it out either. She decided to let Inuyasha know that she needed to continue the subject the next day, and hopefully she could come up with more ideas on the subject.

"Inuyasha, I'd hate to upset you, but it's getting late, and I have to wake up early for school tomorrow. I usually go to sleep around now. Plus, I wanna sleep on this to see if I can have more ideas through sleep and not concentrating on it. I have a lot of questions right now, but they are all jumbled and I don't know how to ask them." Kagome mentioned as she fiddled with her fingers.

"Oh. Okay. I won't keep you up. I guess you could say it's been a long day. Can I ask you something?" Inuyasha inquired.

"Sure."

"Do you mind if I stay here with you? I feel comfort when I'm near you." Inuyasha said with blush appearing on his cheeks.

Kagome smiled and nodded as she scooped him up and placed him on her nightstand beside her bed, right near her pillow. "This way I won't roll over on you as I sleep." Kagome said as she set her clock.

Inuyasha watched as she got up from her bed, hung up her new shirt and grabbed her nightclothes. "I'll be back, I'm just gonna get changed in the bathroom, okay?" Inuyasha nodded as she opened the door and walked down the hall to the bathroom.

Inuyasha looked at a little stuffed puppy that sat on her nightstand. It was about the same height as him, and he figured it was soft enough to lean up against for the night. Once he was settled, Kagome returned and put her dirty clothes in her hamper. After that she turned off the light, crawled under the covers and laid her head on her pillow as she looked at Inuyasha.

What she saw amazed her. His eyes reflected the glow of the moonlight coming through her window. She didn't expect that since he was a figurine. His hair reflected the light as well. It was very ghostly. She was in awe at how beautiful he was in the moonlight. For some reason, that look he was giving her was familiar somehow. She felt as though she had seen it somehow. Because she was concentrating on remembering his vision, she didn't notice he was bothered by her stare.

"What? I thought you were going to bed." Inuyasha said with an irritated sound in his voice.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to stare. It's just that I could swear I've seen you like this before, only not as a figurine. Why does it feel like I've seen you like this before? Do you recall you and Kikyo together at night? In the moonlight?" Kagome asked as she averted her eyes.

"Yeah, we've met in the moonlight." Inuyasha responded as he closed his eyes and tried to remember that night himself. A night he'll never forget. The night when he decided to make the wish to become human, before Naraku messed everything up.

"You don't have to tell me what took place. It's really none of my business anyways. I may be her reincarnation, but I'm still myself. It's your decision what you want to reveal to me. Maybe I'll dream of the answer to your predicament." Kagome spouted as she turned onto her side and looked on at him with her hand under the pillow.

"Oh. No, it was nothing like that. It was just the night of our first kiss, and when I decided to wish on the jewel to become human and live with her. That night it was a full moon, and it was shining through the trees. She said that my eyes and hair reflected the moonlight and I looked almost like a ghost to her. It was rather strange something like that coming from her. That was the first time she ever called me a ghost." Inuyasha chuckled as he rubbed the back of his head, and began to blush.

"Oh, I was afraid it was something else that had happened…That scene seemed soo precious to me, and I wasn't even there! Kinda freaky…" Kagome replied as she averted her eyes once again.

Inuyasha chuckled again, and said, "Oh no, we never got that far. I mean, we did fall in love that night, but neither one of us instigated anything close to that." Inuyasha informed her as he looked at the table in front of him.

"Okay, uh…not that it would have mattered to me if you two had gone that far. Okay…I'll shut up now…Oyasumi, Inuyasha." Kagome yawned out as she rolled over onto her back and closed her eyes.

"Oyasumi, Kagome." Inuyasha said as his mind said, `Kikyo'. He closed his eyes as well and remembered that very night. What he said, how it happened, and how her lips felt as they kissed. That was the happiest night of his life. The only thought going through his heart, was how he'd love to relive that night. When his life finally made sense for once. He thought he realized his place. Where he belonged, what his direction was. He knew in his heart what he wanted for once. He would've been soo happy.

Dream sequence

She rode the horse quickly. She knew she didn't have much time. She could feel his miasma. It was so strong she could smell the fowl stench. She didn't even need to ask where he had been in order to find him. She made sure she had enough arrows in her quiver before she left so that she may decimate him to oblivion, once and for all.

She came upon a clearing where the stench grew the strongest. That was where he stood. Out in the open with a smile on his face, as if he was waiting for her. As if he baited her to come to him. She stopped the horse and jumped off, keeping her gaze on him. The smile he showed was a cocky one, as if he was hiding something.

She stepped away from the horse and squared her shoulders with his. She was ready for anything he could dish out. She knew he had the jewel, and she was gonna fight him to her death to get it back. She gave him the most shards found on purpose, for this reason. To be able to use it to get rid of him. She knew she wasn't the only one who was searching for him. She knew she had to work fast before they arrived. Before Inuyasha could stop her. That was her fight. She helped this man when he was destitute and she should have just killed him when she had the chance. That was her mess to clean up. She felt Inuyasha should never have to pay for her mistake.

"Kikyo. You followed my scent. I know what you want. I'd love to see you try to get it from me." Naraku boasted and he removed his baboon pelt.

Kikyo did not reply in words. Instead, she grabbed an arrow from her quiver and cocked it in her bow, ready to release it at his heart. Naraku grunted as he watched her look at him with utter disgust.

"You think you can do me in, don't you. Just with arrows? It'll take a lot more than that, Kikyo." Naraku pointed out as he revealed one of his new talents with the use of the shards. His hand extended into more like spears than fingers.

"You think I'm afraid of you? You're dead wrong. I'm already dead, what have I got to loose?" Kikyo shouted as she released the arrow.

Once the arrow left her bow, she saw he had extended his spears towards her and she dodged quickly and ran around to the side as she grabbed another arrow and instead of cocking it in her bow, she stabbed him in the side where she felt the power of the jewel. He soon caught up to her actions and sent his spear fingers in her direction and as soon as she stabbed him, he stabbed her from behind.

She was in excruciating pain, but she ignored it and tried to wrench the jewel out of him with the arrow. He stabbed her with his other hand of fingers and she finally caught the jewel in her hand. As soon as the jewel was removed from his body, the spear fingers disappeared and returned to regular fingers and his power became what it was before he had gotten a hold of the large shard. Suddenly, as she laid there in the grass, clutching the jewel to her chest, she saw he was coming to deal the final blow. She began to wish to have another chance to complete the jewel and her world went dark.

Then, all of a sudden all she could see was the jewel shard shining amongst the darkness. Then she saw it disappear. Her own body appeared and a light shone out of her belly as her body disappeared into the background.

End of dream sequence

Kagome sat up immediately with a loud gasp. Loud enough to wake Inuyasha up out of a dead sleep. She was sweaty, breathing very hard, and she felt some pain in her shoulder. She had no idea what that dream meant, but it seemed as if it was real! That's when she remembered, the baboon pelt was removed from a man. Naraku. She knew she couldn't sleep any longer.

"What's wrong? Was it a nightmare? What did you dream?" Inuyasha inquired.

"I think it was the fight Sesshoumaru mentioned. The one between Kikyo and Naraku. It felt as if it was real. I even felt the pain he inflicted on her. She tried soo hard, and she still failed. I saw it all, Inuyasha. She fought bravely. I can't believe he could be soo heartless." Kagome stated as she sat there shivering.

"Was that all?" Inuyasha asked as he walked up to the edge of the table, jumped onto the bed and stepped up to her hand.

Kagome looked down at him as she felt his hand on hers. His stare was fearful. "No, there's more. I just don't know how to explain it. I don't know what it means. It was kinda weird." Kagome replied as she stared into his reflecting eyes.

"Tell me what you can. Maybe it can give us answers." Inuyasha stated anxiously.

"Well, after the world went black, I saw what looked like the jewel floating amongst the blackness. Then it disappeared and then my body appeared and a light shone out from my stomach. It looked like the same light that was shining from the jewel before my body appeared. What do you think that means?" Kagome asked Inuyasha as she closed her eyes to imagine it again.

"You said you saw the jewel, then a light coming out from your stomach. Didn't you say you felt like Kohaku was a part of you? And you felt drawn to Kouga as well? They both had shards inside them when they were alive. Could that mean…" He broke off as the two looked into each other's eyes and then to her stomach.

Kagome finally made the connection. "It's inside me. I've had it all along. Why? Why would I have it?" She asked as she put her hands on her belly pushing in for a feel for something like the jewel.

Inuyasha walked up, climbed over her right leg, then walked up to her tummy and put his hands to where her hand was. "Where exactly do you remember seeing the light come from in your dream?" Inuyasha asked his eyes serious and pensive.

"Here." She said as she placed her hand just to the right of her belly button. Inuyasha stepped up closer, and lifted up her shirt just a tad before she screeched just and slapped him away.

"Ow! What didjya do that for?!" Inuyasha blurted out as he shook his head and got the hair out of his face.

"What were you thinking? You were lifting up my shirt! Why didn't you warn me?" She asked angrily.

"I didn't know you were gonna freak over it! Ya didn't have ta hit me! Damn!" Inuyasha snorted as he sat up and looked at her with a sneer.

"I didn't mean to, it was just a reaction. Okay, then. What were you meaning to do?" Kagome asked him as she leaned in close to look him in the eye.

"I just wanted to see if I could feel the power of the jewel through your skin, that's all! I wasn't gonna look at anything else, geeze! I'm not a perve!" Inuyasha spouted as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Okay, that's fine, but I'll lift my shirt just enough for you to touch that spot." Kagome replied as she lifted up the bottom of her nightshirt, exposing her belly to him.

Inuyasha walked up to her, uncrossed his arms, placed his hands on her belly and closed his eyes. He could feel it. The jewel's power was coming from that direct spot. He couldn't tell how far in her body the jewel was, but he could feel it well enough to know she harbored it inside her, like a baby waiting to be born.

"It's there. I can feel it. I don't know how much flesh hides it, but this is the spot where it lies inside you." He mentioned out loud to her as he knelt in front of her and placed his head against her belly.

Kagome didn't know how to react but to just watch him as he closed his eyes, and began to make a strange sound. It sounded like a content growl, but it soothed her, rather than scare her. `So the jewel has been hidden inside me. No wonder I've been able to wake them all. I was beginning to wonder why all this was happening to me. This proves even more that I am the reincarnation of his lost love.' Kagome thought to herself as she closed her eyes and let Inuyasha show her affection she had never known existed as the night flew by without them knowing.

 

Wow, this is interesting, isn't it? Heh heh heh…Yes, I planned for the jewel to be inside her tummy, but I personally like how this chapter went. Yeah, there wasn't as much comedy as there was romance and serious tones. I think this one played out very well, and guess what! We have finally moved onto another day in the fic! Yay! Hee hee! Boy, I must have written almost every minute or hour in that day so far! Save for when she was at school…Well, as you can see, this fic will be ending soon, and I hope you all enjoy what's to come, ne? Thanks again for your support, and I'm still having fun with this fic! Ja ne!