InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The New Student and Kagome's Secret ❯ Chapter 35: Kagome is MY woman! ( Chapter 35 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

A/N: YAY! Another chapter for all of my wonderful readers! Am I on a roll or what??? Come on…you gotta give me a little credit for updating so regularly! I hope a few of you are still reading because there have been a couple of my regular reviewers that aren't reviewing anymore. As long as you are reading, that is cool!

Anywho! I got a little carried away with this chappie so a lot of the information I was referring to in the previous chapter will be in the next chapter, but go ahead and read! LOL! ENJOY!

Chapter 35

The group obeyed Inuyasha's orders and began making camp. Kagome, meanwhile, stayed next to Kouga. Inuyasha turned his back to them, growling jealously and watching them out of the corner of his eye. Kouga tried to sit up.

"Kouga!" Kagome said, her voice full of worry. "You should really take it easy. You are hurt badly."

"No," Kouga said weakly. "These wounds will heal. I am just very weak from lack of food and water."

Kagome nodded and stood up. She ran over to their supplies and grabbed some food, water, and her first aid kit. She was running back to Kouga when Inuyasha stepped in front her, blocking her path. Kagome looked at him, puzzled by his actions. Inuyasha had a stern look on his face. Everyone looked up to see what Inuyasha was about to say.

"Those are OUR supplies," Inuyasha said, glaring at Kagome.

"But he is weak and needs food and water!" she said. "You hurt him pretty badly in the last fight. He needs medical attention."

Inuyasha blinked at her a couple of times, then growled at her as if she was nuts.

"That's the whole point in fighting your enemy is to injure them so they will leave you the hell alone! You can't go bandaging up all of our enemies!" Inuyasha yelled.

"Kouga's not our enemy," Kagome said calmly.

Inuyasha took a step back in shock. He couldn't believe it. This guy had captured her, kept her from her friends, fought Inuyasha in a death match, and now she was taking up for him?

"Have you lost your mind, you stupid girl? Kouga IS our enemy and if you guys hadn't stopped me I would have killed the bastard!" Inuyasha said glaring at her. He looked at her suspiciously, took a step forward, and in a lower voice said, "Just what did happen between you two? You sure are protective of him for him to just be your kidnapper."

Kagome flamed red, but then sighed and closed her eyes.

"Sit, boy!" she said.

Inuyasha fell face first in the dirt, only for Kagome to run past him towards Kouga. Inuyasha growled and lifted his head slowly to look at Kagome and Kouga. He growled furiously and stood up balling his fists at them.

"Fine, you stupid wench! See if I care! Go nurse that wimpy wolf back to health! And when you do, I will hurt him again!" Inuyasha said turning his back to her and folding his arms.

"SIT!" she yelled at him.

*WHAM!*

"I am not a wench! Don't call me that!" she said angrily, then sat next to Kouga.

Kagome's anger had caused Inuyasha to go deeper into the ground than he had before. He laid there moaning a little and not moving.

"Hmph!" Kagome said flipping her hair and turning towards Kouga. "Here you go. I brought you some food and water."

Kouga smiled and immediately began gobbling down the food. In a matter of seconds, the food was gone. Kagome just stared in disbelief at where the food had been. She blinked a couple of times, then smiled.

"Would you like some more? We have plenty," Kagome said.

"No, thank you," Kouga said shaking his head. "I will probably take a few of those deer home to my tribe. There is no use in letting them go to waste."

"Oh of course!" Kagome said clapping her hands together with a smile. "Take as many as you like! We can't eat or carry all of them!"

Inuyasha growled as he pulled himself to a standing position. He glared at the two in a jealous rage. He couldn't comprehend why Kagome was being so nice to Kouga. He then caught Sango and Miroku staring at him out of the corner of his eye.

"What the hell are you guys looking at?!" Inuyasha retorted.

Sango and Miroku immediately pretended they were interested in something else and began talking among themselves. Inuyasha looked back over to Kagome and Kouga. Jealousy engulfed his entire body and his anger was steadily growing.

"Feh!" he said out loud, finding a nearby tree and sitting in it. He stared at the couple below him out of the corner of his eye.

"I need you to lie down so I can doctor you," Kagome said.

Kouga nodded and laid down on his back. Kagome began examining the wounds on his body. There were two major wounds, but the rest of them would heal easily on their own. She placed her hands over his wound and closed her eyes.

Inuyasha had been staring at them from atop the tree and immediately reacted when he saw her do this.

"Kagome, no!" he said jumping down from the tree and running towards them. "He is a full demon! Kouga! If you care about Kagome, you won't let her do this!"

Kouga had to admit that he didn't like the mutt one bit, but when it came to Kagome, he would listen to anyone. He grabbed her hand, stopping her from performing her healing, and sat up.

"What's he talking about?" Kouga asked.

"Huh?" Kagome asked. "Who?"

She hadn't heard Inuyasha yell at them. She looked up just in time to see Inuyasha arrive next to them.

"Don't do it Kagome!" Inuyasha said. "He is a full demon! You will kill yourself trying to heal even one of his wounds!"

Kagome frowned.

"I know that!" she said. "I wasn't going to try to completely heal every one of his wounds! I was just going to try to heal these two!" She pointed to the two major wounds on Kouga. "I was just going to heal them to point where they could easily heal the rest of the way on their own. That's an advantage of being a demon. You can heal yourself."

Inuyasha took a step back. He growled angrily, especially when he saw Kouga still holding Kagome's arm. Inuyasha jumped down and placed his hand on Kagome and Kouga's.

"Let her go, stupid wolf!" Inuyasha said growling in his face. Kouga growled back. Kagome sighed.

"Stop it! Both of you! Inuyasha go back over there while I finish with Kouga's wounds! You are only going to make the process longer!" she said with a frown.

Inuyasha growled angrily.

`Why you…' he thought, then turned around and walked back over to his tree. He jumped up in the tree, pouting the entire time. `She's got some nerve.'

Kagome sighed and began healing Kouga's wounds. She made it through the first wound okay, but the second one took a lot out of her. She nearly collapsed on top of Kouga, but braced herself with her hands, panting heavily. Kouga sat up.

"Kagome!" he said grabbing her shoulders. "You okay?"

Inuyasha had heard him and sat up to look at them. He saw Kagome panting heavily.

"Kagome!" he yelled ready to jump down from the tree.

"I'm okay!" she yelled back, raising her hand and motioning for him not to worry. "I'll be fine!"

Inuyasha looked at her skeptically, but then leaned back against the tree. Kagome wouldn't have said anything if she was hurt, so he supposed she was okay. Besides, he knew that if he went back over there, he would beat the crapp out of Kouga and have Kagome "sit" him a hundred times. He was angry. He stared at the prayer beads around his neck.

"Stupid beads!" he muttered.

Kagome sat up. Her breathing had returned to normal. Kouga looked at her.

"Are you sure you are okay?" Kouga asked.

"Yeah," Kagome said nodding. "Now lie back down so I can bandage you up." He nodded and laid back down.

Kouga smiled at Kagome while she bandaged him. He had to admit that he thoroughly enjoyed what she was doing. Even if he didn't have an interest in Kagome, he would have enjoyed it just because it made Inuyasha jealous.

Inuyasha couldn't bear to watch. He grumbled and complained the entire time he was up there. He finally decided just to look the other way and pretend none of it was happening. Sango looked up in the tree at her hanyou friend.

"Man!" she said. "He gets really jealous of Kagome and Kouga!"

"Tell me about it!" Miroku said as he looked up at Inuyasha. "He's been grumbling to himself since he got up there."

Both of them then looked out towards Kagome and Kouga. Kagome was placing the last bandage on Kouga. Miroku sighed.

"I can't say I wouldn't be a little jealous either," Miroku said. "I mean, Inuyasha fought Kouga for Kagome and now Kagome is helping him. I am not saying that she shouldn't help him. I am just saying that it is just a bad situation." Sango nodded.

"I agree," she said.

"Okay," Kagome said with a smile. "All done!"

"Thank you, Kagome," Kouga said standing up and helping Kagome to her feet. He held her hands in his. "You really didn't have to do that you know."

"I…I…well…you were hurt and I would have done it for anyone else," Kagome said blushing and trying not to make Kouga think she was giving him any type of special treatment.

"I love you, Kagome," Kouga said wrapping Kagome in his arms. "And you are going to be my woman!"

Inuyasha's ears spun in their direction and his cheek began to twitch in anger. He turned around to look at them and saw their position. He flamed red.

"Uh oh," Sango said as she watched the hanyou jumped down from the tree and race towards them.

"Huh?" Kagome said as she looked at Kouga in disbelief.

"Hands off freak!" Inuyasha said jumping in between them and throwing Kouga's hands back at him. "The only women you are going to be getting are the ones back at your den! So why don't you go back there and get one and leave us the fuck alone!"

Kouga growled angrily and got in Inuyasha's face.

"Make me, dog crapp!" he yelled. "I have already found my woman! Kagome is my woman and I will settle for nothing less! I'm in love with her!"

"Eh?!" Kagome squealed behind Inuyasha as her eyes grew wide and her mouth dropped open in disbelief.

Inuyasha began growling and shaking with anger.

"Kagome this! Kagome that! Don't talk to her so dearly!" he shouted swiping at Kouga. Kouga jumped back, avoiding Inuyasha's attack.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome said.

"Hmph!" Kouga said folding his arms. "Kagome suits me! She can help protect my tribe with me! Plus, she possesses the shikon no tama!"

Everyone stopped what they were doing to look at Kouga. Kagome and Inuyasha stared at him in shock. Kagome looked down at the jewel that hung around her neck. Inuyasha looked over his shoulder at her.

"Is it safe?" Inuyasha asked. Kagome nodded.

"Keh!" Inuyasha said. "You will never take Kagome or the jewel!"

"Hmph!" Kouga said. "I will take both when I feel like it! Right now, my tribe is starving and I need to return with some food for them!"

Kouga raced past Inuyasha. He stopped in front of Kagome and held her hands, holding them in between their chests.

"Kagome, forgive me," he said. "But I have to return to my tribe now. I will return for you shortly."

"Really, Kouga," Kagome began with a weak smile. "You shouldn't think like that."

"I told you not to touch her!" Inuyasha growled swiping his claws at Kouga again. Kouga back flipped backwards. "I mean it wolf! Don't ever think about touching Kagome again or I will kill you!"

"Inuyasha," Kagome mused with a smile from behind him.

"Hmph!" Kouga said with a smirk. "Kagome is too beautiful and powerful to be stuck with a hanyou like you! She deserves better than that!"

"Kouga!!!" Kagome said angrily.

Kouga and Inuyasha blinked at Kagome. She walked in front of Inuyasha and placed her hands on her hips. She glared at Kouga angrily.

"Don't you ever say something like that again!" Kagome said angrily pointing a finger at Kouga. Inuyasha and Kouga blinked at Kagome in disbelief.

"Kagome?" Inuyasha said under his breath.

Inuyasha then smirked and walked next to Kagome. He placed an arm around her arrogantly. Kagome was shocked and blushed. She looked up at Inuyasha who just stared at Kouga triumphantly.

"DOG CRAPP! GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY WOMAN!!!" Kouga shouted running towards him.

"Ha ha!" Inuyasha smirked, holding onto Kagome as Kouga desperately tried to pull him off. Kagome's eyes narrowed when she realized why Inuyasha had done that.

`Should have known there was an underlying meaning!' Kagome thought rolling her eyes.

"Let her go!" Kouga screamed, tugging at Inuyasha's haori. "Get off her!"

"Idiot!" Inuyasha said, defiantly holding on to Kagome with all of his might.

"I said let her go!" Kouga yelled.

Meanwhile, Kagome just looked at both of them with wide eyes and her hands held out to either side of her, dumfounded by the entire display.

"My!" Sango said as she watched the scene before her. "This certainly is a turn of events!"

"Indeed!" Miroku said as they watched Kouga and Inuyasha argue over Kagome.

Kagome's patience was wearing thin as she watched the wolf and hanyou argue back in forth. Kouga had a firm grip on Inuyasha as he tried desperately to pull him off. Inuyasha was kicking at him with one leg as Kouga tried to pull him off.

"She is my woman!" Kouga yelled.

"Like hell she is!" Inuyasha retorted, shaking a fist at Kouga while holding onto Kagome with the other.

"Get off, DOG CRAPP!" Kouga shouted furiously.

"MAKE ME WIMPY WOLF!" Inuyasha shouted back.

"INUYASHA!" Kagome finally yelled.

Inuyasha and Kouga turned slowly to meet Kagome's fiery eyes. Their mouths dropped open and they cowered in front of her for a second before…

"SIT, BOY!" Kagome screamed, balling her fists at her sides and pushing them downward as she yelled.

*WHAM!*

*WHAM!*

Inuyasha slammed face first into the dirt, only to have Kouga fall with him because he had such a tight grip on Inuyasha's haori. Sango, Miroku, Myouga, and Shippo stood in awe. Inuyasha had left an outlined indentation of himself in the ground. Kouga had sprawled out on top of Inuyasha's back. Both men looked up at Kagome who stood above them.

"Grrr! You both need to grow up!" Kagome shouted and walked back over to Sango and the others.

Kouga and Inuyasha watched Kagome walk away, neither of them moving from their indented spot. When she was finally back with the others, they both realized the position they were in.

"GET THE HELL OFF ME, YOU STUPID WOLF!" Inuyasha yelled punching Kouga in the face.

"YOU BASTARD DOG!" Kouga shouted as he landed a punch to Inuyasha's face.

"SIT, BOY!" Kagome yelled from camp.

Inuyasha fell to the ground with a grunt. Kouga smirked above him. He jumped on Inuyasha's back and then ran to the slain deer. He picked up a few of them and threw them over his back.

"Thanks, Kagome!" Kouga said waving good-bye to her. "See you again soon!"

With that, he was gone. Kagome and the others watched him go.

"That's it?" Sango said. "He just left her with Inuyasha?"

"Apparently so," Miroku said.

Kagome sighed and stoked the fire as if she was mad with it. She had a frustrated frown on her face and stoked the fire harder and harder. Miroku, Sango, and Miroku all cowered away from her. Shippo had jumped on Myouga's shoulder in fear and Kirara peeked around from behind Sango. The group then saw another figure towering above them. They looked up to find Inuyasha breathing heavily. He had an unusually angry look on his face and stared straight at Kagome. Their eyes all faded back to Kagome, who ignore the stares of everyone…especially Inuyasha, but Inuyasha couldn't stand it anymore.

"You let him get away!" Inuyasha said angrily.

"He wasn't doing us any harm," she replied as she continued to stare at the fire.

"Like hell he wasn't!" Inuyasha retorted. "He caused my demon form to come out! Who knows what could have happened to you guys! Plus, that made you guys put this stupid thing around my neck!" Inuyasha pointed to the prayer beads.

"Oh those," Kagome said with a smile.

"You are enjoying this waaaay too much," Inuyasha retorted through slitted eyes.

"Come on, Inuyasha," Kagome said brightly as she fiddled with a stick. "Let's not think about that!"

"Well, quit shouting out all those damn incantations!" Inuyasha demanded.

"Quit acting like a child and I won't treat you like one!" Kagome yelled back angrily. Inuyasha growled at her and glared back.

"Feh!" he said standing up straight and folding his arms. "Fine! But you don't have to be so nice to the stupid wolf! What is it with you and him anyway?"

Kagome's temper flared and she stood up. Inuyasha jumped and cowered slightly when she threw the stick she had been messing with into the fire. She glared at him.

"I already told you there is nothing between me and Kouga!" she said angrily. "You guys don't have to fight every time we meet! Why do you always insist on fighting him every time he shows up? He wasn't meaning any harm!"

Inuyasha's temper got the better of him.

"Like hell he wasn't! He was trying to take you from us!!!" Inuyasha yelled with all of his might.

Everyone around the campfire stared at Inuyasha, completely stunned that he had just blurted it out like that. Kagome fell to a sitting position out of utter shock. She held her hand balled at her chest.

"Inuyasha…" Kagome began with trembling eyes.

He didn't look at her. He just stared angrily off into the sky.

"He took you from us once," he said as he relaxed his arms at his sides. He hung his head solemnly as he turned and began walking away. "And I'll be damned if he is going to do it again."

Everyone sat in silence as they watched Inuyasha walk out of sight. They all looked at Kagome. She sat there staring in the direction Inuyasha had walked. Her eyes and hands trembled. She finally looked into the fire and sighed.

Myouga looked in Inuyasha's direction. He was actually impressed with his young master. He was becoming more and more like his father. Myouga smiled to himself. He knew how the hanyou felt about the young priestess next to him, but there were some other things troubling Myouga. He stood and followed after Inuyasha.

"Myouga?" Miroku called.

"I will return shortly," Myouga said as he walked away and disappeared in the distance.

Kagome still held a sad expression on her face. Sango, Miroku, and Shippo looked at Kagome warily.

"Kagome?" Sango said cautiously.

"He was worried about me," Kagome said. "Boy do I feel like a fool."

A/N: Yay! Another chapter is done! Okay, the next chapter is going to be chock full of info. I really didn't get to the info one because I was having waaaay too much fun writing about Inuyasha and Kouga fighting over Kagome. I didn't realize everything I was writing was going to take this long. Oh and yes, they will be arriving at the castle shortly. I actually think they will get there the third chapter from now. That is going to be kind of sad *sheds a tear* just to give you a little heads up.

Okay so it is almost done. I say there are probably about six chapters left until it is completed. Sad too though. I was really looking forward to writing more. Oh well, maybe I will right a sequel or something. See you guys later and thanks to all of my wonderful reviewers!