InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Past and Future ❯ Flash Backs ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Revenge? thought Kenshien as he narrowed his eyes. It seem like he had been there for days thinking about what Naraku had told him only hours ago. He could not get the images to erase from his mind. A part of him wanted to forget and yet another didn't. It would mean he would want to forget them, it would mean he wanted to forget Suki and that was something he feared with all of his being.
 
He slowly got up after several hours on his knees which brought him back to the real world when they shot pain up his legs after being still for so long. Kenshien grunted at the sudden pain but no pain was greater than the pain in his heart. Dropping his head making his hair cover his eyes he took a sluggish first step to his dead father. This was something he thought he would never be doing, at least not now. He was going to gather his father's remains and bury him under the same place he met his mother and the same place he had went after learning what a half breed was. As Kenshien picked up his father he thought back to that time where he had learned the hard way of what a half breed was.
 
Flash Back
 
A five year old boy ran through the forest as fast as he as his little legs could take him. Visitors had come to the village to join in a festival that was being held at the village that he had been calling home ever since he could remember. Him being the little devil he was, was curious of the people and went out against his mother's and father's wishes. At the time Kenshien didn't understand why he wasn't allowed in the village alone like all of the other times he had. In his rage and anger his disobeyed their wishes and came out anyway. His parents were out so there wasn't a chance that they would notice. Kenshien made sure of the time so he could see the visitors and get back before his family returns.
 
But the people that he held such curiosity for gave him looks of hatred. Something a boy of five years couldn't understand. He had lived in the same village ever since his birth and never had he seen such hatred coming form humans before, not even while in trouble. So being the innocent boy he was, was confused at the looks he was given. He tried to play with the other children but every time he even got close to him the adults would carry them away calling him a `half-breed'. He didn't understand. What was a half-breed? Why did they call him that? He dealt with that until he had had enough and summons the courage to ask someone what it was. Unfortunately he had asked one of the woman visitors what it was.
 
“You are disgusting beast with no heart! Something that shouldn't even be alive! A monster that was born from a monstrous beast and a traitorous whore of a mother!” the woman yelled at him and smacked on the cheek hard. Kenshien fell to the ground with a loud thug. Slowly he got up and put a small hand on his red cheek. Tears came to his eyes but he didn't let them fall. His father and uncle would call him weak if he shed a single tear. Boy won't suppose to cry or else he is a weakling. That was what he went by and he was going to stick to it no matter how hard it was from him right now.
 
Now he was running as fast as he could in the forest to the one place he knew was safe the God Tree. There he stayed for sometime. He didn't know how long but it must have been a very long time because before he knew it he heard his father's voice calling out his name. Kenshien didn't reply to his father but just knelt there facing the God Tree waiting. He knew that his father had a very acute nose. He would be found in not time. As Kenshien heard his father fast approach he quickly wiped his face so that any sign of tearing up would not be present on his face but Kenshien knew that it was no use seeing that his father could probably smell it anyway. It didn't take too for his father to show up and when he did he didn't yell at him like he had thought he would but instead his father took a seat next to him.
 
Your mother and I were worried about you. Pup, what are you doing out here?” he heard his father ask him. Kenshien felt relief washing over him knowing his father wasn't as mad at him as he first thought. `Pup' was a name his father gave him and only used his name when he was in trouble or being serious about something.
 
“I'm doing nothing dad.” Kenshien lied to his father, though to him it wasn't truly a lie. It was true he wasn't doing anything but he can't say that from the couple of hours before. Inuyasha turned his head to look at his son. Kenshien didn't look back at him, he refused to. Inuyasha knew that his son just lied to him. He could smell it all over him in waves. Inuyasha narrowed his as he picked up his son by his kimono and haled him up so that they were facing each other.
 
“I did not spend five years teaching you to lie to my face!” he yelled at Kenshien. Inuyasha opened his mouth to scowl his son more but the mark on his son's face stopped him. Easy Inuyasha put Kenshien on his lap. He looked at Kenshien for an explanation nut still Kenshien refused to look at him. Inuyasha's eyes softened as he lifted his hand up and gently touched the mark on Kenshien's cheek that was starting to turn back and blue. Kenshien flinched on contact and immediately Inuyasha recalled his hand not wanting to hurt his son more so than he already was.
 
“Kenshien, who did this to you?” Inuyasha demanded softly to his son. He didn't want Kenshien to feel that he was still mad at him but he had to know who did this to his son. Kenshien didn't meet eye contact with his father and that greatly concerned Inuyasha. Kenshien even if he was in trouble and knew it would look his father in the eye as his father scowled at him for `doing something so stupid as this' thing. When Kenshien didn't answer Inuyasha brought a hand up and cupped it under Kenshien's chin. Inuyasha moved his hand directing his son's face to look at him and even then Kenshien didn't look at him as he moved his eyes away from him.
 
“Kenshien, look at me, god damn it!” Inuyasha screamed at his son patience wearing thin. Kenshien jerked his eyes to face his father. Never in his young life had he ever hear his father curse like that. His father had said `damn' once and his mother kicked his ass out of the hut for two weeks saying that he shouldn't be cursing like that in front of him. That was the last time he had heard his father curse like that.
 
“Tell me, Kenshien. Who did this to you?” Inuyasha asked once again but in a softer tone than before. Kenshien looked down as if he was a shamed of himself for even having it on his person. His father would always tell him that he was strong, stronger than most boys and he felt that he had disappointed his father for having such a feeble wound. “Kenshien…” he heard his father say his name in `that' tone of voice. Kenshien knew from experience what `that' voice could led to.
 
“I went to the village today-” Kenshien was cut off by his father. It wasn't the word that scared him it was the angry face that went with it.
 
“Which your mother and I told you not to.” Inuyasha told his son in an angry voice that only Kagome his mother would stand up to. Kenshien lend back starting to think that telling his father wasn't such a good idea after all. Inuyasha calmed down after he saw the look on his son's face. He wanted to know what happened not scare the kid at least not yet anyway.
 
“Yes…well…Anyway I went to the village to see the visitors. I was curious, dad.” Kenshien tried to make him see his point of view. Inuyasha sighed it was the many curses of having a child. “I didn't have much fun though. I tried to play with the other kids but their parents came and took them away. Father, what's a half-breed?” Kenshien asked his father. He saw Inuyasha flinch visibility and got very curious to what a half-breed was more than ever. Inuyasha didn't answer his son but instead brought him into an embrace.
 
“Dad?” he asked at his father's change in behavior. Kenshien could only stare at his father as he tightening the hug every second. “Dad, I can't…breathe.” Kenshien struggle to get out at the lost of air in his lungs. Inuyasha immediately let go of his son but still had him in an embrace. “Dad, what's wrong? Why are you acting like this?” he hears his son asking him but Inuyasha didn't respond to him. He was thinking about his life as a pup and he wondered if this was what his mother had felt like when he asked that very some question. Finally Inuyasha pulled away from his son ready to answer Kenshien's question but he if he can he would try to get out of it. He was pissed off at who ever called his son a half-breed.
 
“Kenshien, this is important.” Inuyasha instructed and he saw his son nodded. “Did any of these people tell you what a half-breed was?” Much to Inuyasha's dismay Kenshien nodded. “What did they tell you?” Inuyasha asked. He had to know. He had to undo the words that they told his son but he had to know in order to do that. Kenshien looked down not wanting to see his father as he repeated the words.
 
“They said that I was a monster. A disgusting beast with no heart. Something that shouldn't even be alive. A monster that was born from a monstrous beast and a traitorous whore of a mother. Is that true father? Am I a monster like they say I am?” Kenshien questioned his father. Inuyasha gave his son a look that Kenshien couldn't describe.
 
“No it isn't Kenshien. You're a great kid who will someday do something great. Kenshien in your life you will people like that but your not going to listen to them, got it?” Inuyasha asked his son and Kenshien nodded with a smile. All of those hateful words completely forgotten because of his father's words. “Come Kenshien, we are going to see your mother.” With that Inuyasha got up along with Kenshien in his hand and jumped up into the air heading for their hut in the forest near the village.
 
End of Flash Back
 
Kenshien smiled at the memory as he finished burying his father. He went down onto his knees and put his hand together. There he prayed for his father before he got up and went to get his mother from the battle field. As he made it back to where his mother was killed he thought back to what had happened after his father told his mother what happened to him by the villagers. The look on those people's face could make even the cold Lord Sesshomaru smile.
 
Flash Back
 
Kenshien was in his room playing with the toy cars that his mother had gotten him from the other time she came form. He didn't get it but he was happy with it. It was able to get him toys that the other kids haven't even seen before. He puffed out his chest in pride just thinking about it. He was playing when he heard a scream come from his mother. Kenshien jerked up and ran to where his mother was and father was but what confused him was the scream didn't sound like a terrified one but an anger one.
 
“I kill them!” he heard the yelling from his mother. He was just outside the sliding door that blocked his parents' room from view. Kenshien put an ear against the door and listened to what his mother was saying but after that there were no more screams or yelling of any kind. Instead he heard foot steps going towards his way. Kenshien scrabbled to get out of view but he tripped over his own two feet and fell on the ground. That was when the door slid up revealing his parents' faces. His father wasn't too happy and he didn't have a chance to see his mothers' for once she saw him she ran to him and scooped him up into a death grip of a hug.
 
“My poor baby!” she exclaimed loudly. She hugged him even tighter if that was possible and didn't let him go until his father had enough of it and told his mother that he had to breath. Once Kagome realized how tight she was hugging her son she immediately let him go. Kenshien gasped taking much needed air to his lungs. Kagome apologized and put her son down on his own two feet. She then turned to Inuyasha.
 
“Come on Inuyasha we are going to the village.” She said to him as she grasped his larger hand into her smaller ones. Kenshien snickered at the look on Inuyasha's face as he stuttered at the out burst that they were going to the village. As they walked Kenshien followed them wanting to see what his mother was going to do.
 
“Are you sure Kagome?” Inuyasha asked her. Kagome didn't answer him but just kept walking. Of course he was going to the village anyway to find out who said what to his son. No one talks to his son like that period! But what got Inuyasha hesitating to go was that he didn't think that Kagome should go too. It wasn't safe and who knows what they could say to Kagome but then Inuyasha let her go. He knew that whatever those people could dish out as Kagome says she would beat them. After all he has known her for about ten years since he's know her. Inuyasha knew what Kagome could be like if someone got her mad or threatened one of her loved ones. In this case both. Kagome was not mad but pissed from what Inuyasha could gather from her scent and who ever said those things to Kenshien was just as bad as them threatening his life.
 
It didn't take long from them to reach the village; of course they were close to it just in case a demon was stupid enough to attack it. As they entered it they got hateful looks at many people but Kagome and Inuyasha ignored them all. Kenshien on the other hand could help but stare back at them fear becoming more present the more stares they got. Inuyasha looked dawn as he smelled his son's fear. It bothered him that his son had fear in the place he had called home since his birth. Wanting to reassure his son that everything was alright he picked him up and held him close. Kenshien still being a pup took great comfort from his father's warmth.
 
“Kenshien?” he heard his mother calling out to him. He raised his head from his father's chest and looked at his mother. They had stopped in the middle of the village and now she was turned to him and was smiling. She walked closer to them and bent over slightly so that she was at his level.
 
“Can you tell mommy who said all those mean words to you and the person who gave you that mark on your cheek?” Kagome asked her son sweetly. Unknown to everyone else that didn't know Kagome was that she was pissed even if she didn't show it to the world around her. No one and I mean no one hurts her baby boy and gets away with it; Kagome would make sure of it. At the mention of the person who hit him Kenshien put a hand to his bruised cheek. With a smile nodded Kenshien scanned the area to see if he could find the person who had hit him and said those mean words to him. Kagome watched her little boy scan the crowd around them when he stopped at someone.
 
“Who did this to you baby?” asked Kagome and Kenshien put his head down a little. He brought his head up at seeing his mother's reassurance. His smile a little and then pointed to a woman off in the distance. Kagome looked where her son was pointing off to and saw the woman at a stand not far from them. She was buying items while smiling and talking let she hadn't done anything wrong what so ever. Well Kagome was going to change that.
 
Her?” Kagome asked. She had to. She didn't want to beat up an innocent person just because she looked at the wrong person. When Kenshien nodded conforming to was her that said those things and hit him nothing could hold Kagome back now. With that Kagome straightened up and walked over to the woman. Inuyasha made no move to stop her or join for that matter. He knew Kagome better than anyone and he knew that Kagome could handle this. Once Kagome got close to the woman she tapped her on the shoulder to make her turn around.
 
“Yes? It there something you wanted?” asked the woman with a smile on her face. Kagome glared hard at her but the woman didn't seem to notice. That smile. Kagome wanted so badly to wipe that smile of her face. Kagome clenched her fisted trying to hold her anger back.
 
“There was a little boy with black hair and doggy ears on top of his head. Have you seen him?” Kagome asked her. At the mention of that half-breed boy the woman's smile disappeared and was replaced with a frown on her face.
 
“Yes I did.” the woman said with disgust laced with in her voice. Kagome clenched her teeth together from don't punching her right then and there. That was her boy that she was taking about. Rage filled Kagome to a new level. “A disgusting little thing believing that he could play with my children. What a little monster.” the woman continues not knowing what she was doing. The people who live in the village who saw and heard everything was backing away from the unexpecting woman and Kagome.
 
“Why you little…” Kagome didn't even finish her sentence as she grabbed the front of the woman's kimono and punched her right in the face. Everyone saw the woman fall on her butt at the force of Kagome's punch. Inuyasha at the side lines smirked with pride flowing through him as Kenshien in his father arms was clapping a cheering for Kagome.
 
“Excuse me?” the woman asked Kagome in confusion. This woman just walked up and punched her for no reason!
 
“You're excused!” Kagome mocked the woman as she walked up to her. With little effort on her part Kagome lifted the woman to her feet. “Now I want to know who you think you are telling my son all of those mean words and then hitting him in the face!” Kagome screamed in the woman's face. The woman looked surprised and them she looked over Kagome's shoulders and saw the same boy she was talking about in a demon's arms, the demon having a smirk on her face.
 
“Some one help! She's going to kill me!” the woman cried out in a last ditch effort to save her life but no one came to save her. Half of the people there were villagers and knew that the woman was getting what she deserved and the other half was too scared to even think to help rescue her.
 
“No one is going to help you! This whore as you call me is going to kick you ass for doing what you did to my baby boy!” Kagome told her in a cold icy voice that Sesshomaru would be proud of. The woman cringed and her eyes were wide with fear. Kagome had an evil gleam in her eye and proceeded to beat the shit out of the woman.
 
End of Flash Back
 
Kenshien smirked at the memory as he finished burying his mother. He sent a prayer to the heavens and got up to bury the others. Next he grabbed Sesshomaru. He thought back to a memory that he held of Sesshomaru.
 
Flash Back
 
Karai was just born and over the years she grew until this day when she hit five. He was thirteen at this time and he wanted nothing to do with her. She was annoying and a crybaby. Kenshien did in his every power to stay away from her no matter what his parents did or said. Right now he was in a tree thinking about everything and anything. Today was Karai's fifth birthday and he didn't want to be near it. He knew that his family would be upset that he ran off during this time but at the moment he didn't care much.
 
Kenshien's ears twitched at the sound of foot steps stepping against the grass and leaves on the ground. At first he thought it was his father or mother coming to try and get him to come to Karai's party. But as he listened more carefully and noticed that they were too heavy and too graceful to be his father's or his mother's so the only person that he could think of was his uncle Sesshomaru. He waited knowing that he couldn't go anywhere that his uncle would follow him. It didn't take long for his uncle to show his face and then he waited knowing his uncle was going to take to him and anything he said would be silenced.
 
“Why are you not at your sister's birthday party?” Sesshomaru asked getting straight to the point like always. Kenshien at first didn't answer him and Sesshomaru got angry from being ignored like that. “Answer me boy!” Sesshomaru said calmly but his voice was filled with anger.
 
“I don't want to be there! Okay?!” he screamed at Sesshomaru instantly regretting it knowing Sesshomaru wouldn't take that from him. And just like he thought Sesshomaru was on him his throat being held by Sesshomaru's larger hand threatening to choke him.
 
“You will not speak to me like that. Am I understood?” asked Sesshomaru as he tightens his hold on Kenshien's throat. Kenshien nods.
 
“Yes uncle!” he managed to speck out. Once he said those words Sesshomaru immediately let go of him.
 
“That's better.” Sesshomaru said as he sat down in front of Kenshien. “Now why don't want to go to Karai's party?”
 
“I hate my sister.” Kenshien blurted out. “She whines and cries so much. Everything I have you wants and if I don't give it to her she cries more and then I get in trouble! It's always my fault and never hers.” Kenshien told his uncle what he truly felt about his sister. Sesshomaru sighed.
 
“You don't hate her.” he plainly said as he put a hand on Kenshien's shoulder. “I use to felt the same with Inuyasha sometimes I still do but not as much as what I've felt in the past. I won't allow this to happen to you and your sister. She is still younger yet. Give her time. Besides do you really want to be like me and want to try and kill her. That is only path that these feelings lead to. Don't follow that path.” Sesshomaru told him with wisdom in his voice. There he left Kenshien to think things over and Kenshien did.
 
After some time Kenshien came to a decision as he left his tree in search of his sister. He went to there home but found that she wasn't there so he went to the village. Upon coming to the village he saw something that would forever be engraved in his memory. He found Karai but she wasn't alone. She was with two other guys years older than her. Karai was lying on the ground on her stomach, the two guys were hovering over her while kicking her and laughing. Rage filled Kenshien at the moment and he jumped into action. With one hit he knocked the two guys over while he landed in front of his sister in a protective manner.
 
The two men looked up to see what had hit them and looked to see a mere child had knocked them over. They laughed thinking it was an easy win. They lunged at Kenshien but he was ready and he swiped at them with his claws. The men fell back down scared shitless at the action. They got up and ran away.
 
Kenshien smirked at his win against those two but it quickly faded remembering why he was fighting in the first place. He turned around and then bent down to his sister's level. She was hurt badly as he looked over her body trying to estimate the damage given to her. As he turned her over he saw Karai's flutter open. She groaned a the pain her body was giving her but she smile none the less at the sight of her big brother in her sights.
 
“Kenshien?” she called out softly to her brother. Kenshien looked into her eyes at the sound of his name. He smiled back at her knowing she was going to be okay. Never in his life had he felt the need to protect someone so strongly in his life.
 
“Don't worry I got rid of them. You're safe now. Oh…and Happy Birthday.” he told her and he held up a necklace that he had gotten for her. Karai gasped at the beauty item her brother and presented to her.
 
“It's beautiful. I love it. Love you too.” with that Karai closed her eyes and let sleep take her. At the sight of her eyes closing Kenshien got scared thinking that his little sister just died but hearing her breathing calmed him telling him that she had only feel asleep.
 
I love you too…thought Kenshien as he lifted her up and started towards his home to get his mother to heal his sister.
 
End of Flash Back
 
With a last pat on the ground Sesshomaru was buried. He thought back to that very same day and realized Sesshomaru did so much for him even if he was an emotionless jerk to everyone but to Rin. If it wasn't for Sesshomaru Kenshien didn't know if he would feel the same towards his sister than how he feels now. He shutter at the thought of being like Sesshomaru if he continued his hatred for his sister. After a simple prayer he got up and went to get Miroku and Sango. As he reached the battle field he smiles sadly as his glazed hit Sango and Miroku. Now matter how hard hitting or perverted they never faltered when it came to their love. In the past he would often hope to have a relationship with Suki. Kenshien's head dropped at the thought of his beloved Suki. He gently picked Sango and Miroku up and carried them to where he buried the others. He laughed in his head and once again he thought back to a memory where Sango and Miroku took part some how in his life.
 
Flash Back
 
Kenshien giggled as he hid behind the bushes with Miroku. He couldn't wait to see every man's dream. Of course Kenshien didn't know what he meant but he hoped it was candy. He loved candy! Kenshien giggled again and Miroku turned to him and but a finger to his lips and shushed him to be quite to the six year old. At Kenshien's silence Miroku turned back to his goal for right now. He peaked through the bushes that covered them and looked out in the distance. Miroku almost got a nose bleed at the sight before him. There they were; all alone and defenseless. Perfect.
 
“Ok Kenshien, ready to see every man's dream. Kenshien nodded his head furiously wanted to see. Little did he know that what his innocent eyes where in store for. “Now you have to be very quite. Can you do that Kenshien?” Miroku asked whispering to the little boy. Kenshien nodded and Miroku picked him up so he could see them.
 
“This is every guy's dream!” Kenshien yelled out alerting the women who where bathing in the hot springs. They cooed at Kenshien realizing that it was just a boy but when they spotted Miroku they screamed bloody hell at the sight of him. They jumped out and covered themselves with sheets. Once that was down they ran over to him and were about to beat the hell out of him when they were stopped.
 
“That is enough girls!” a voice rang through the area. The girls stopped and Miroku paled to a deadly white. He knew that voice. Oh on! She can't be here! Not her! But Miroku knew that it was her. The girls turned away knowing that Miroku would get his so they didn't see the reason to stay so they gathered their things and left the area to get dress some where's else. Once they left the woman showed herself and Miroku slowly turned around scared shitless of the woman behind him.
 
“Do you have an explanation Monk?!” asked Sango screaming at Miroku. He in turned shrunk back at the anger in her voice and body language.
 
“Sango what a surprise! I was going to bath in the hot springs when I found out that some beautiful ladies were using it. I was just about to leave when they spotted me. Honest!” he told her nervously as he held up his hands in protective manner trying to calm her down.
 
“That's not true! You said that you were going to show me what every guy's dream is!” Kenshien popped up at out the bush that Miroku had dropped him in. Little did he know in his innocence that he just had sealed Miroku's fate. Sango eyes narrowed at seeing Kenshien and the words that came out of the little boy's mouth.
 
“You have three seconds.” was all Sango said and at that Miroku's eyes widened and he scrambled to get up and ran for it. Sango counted to two before going after him. Kenshien laughed at hearing Miroku's pleas for help and for Sango to stop as she caught up to him.
 
End of Flash Back
 
Kenshien smiled at the memory. Even though it wasn't his dream to see naked women but it certainly was a plus. That was how it was with Sango and Miroku but even with that they still had time to love each other just like any other person. Once he was done with them he went back to retrieve his love Suki. Tears stung his eyes just thinking about her. He didn't want to believe that she was gone. But there she was dead on the cold hard ground. You didn't deserve this, my love. he thought as he picked her up from the ground. As he walked to the others he tried but failed to think of something to remember. For as long as he was alive she was there. Well for most of his life, Suki was two years younger than him. Instead of remembering one thing thousands of memories popped up.
 
Flash Backs
 
“Hey are you there Kenshien?” asked a three year old Suki looking for her friend as they play hide and seek.
 
“Let's play Kenshien!” A five year old Suki yelled out to Kenshien as he in turn smiled at her.
 
“Are you ok Kenshien?” asked an eight year old concern for her friend from the wounds he had just got from beating up a couple of bullies.
 
“Kenshien get back here! You're in so much trouble!” screamed Suki at Kenshien for shoving her eleventh birthday cake in her face.
 
“What do you feel for me Kenshien? Because I love you…” the thirteen year old Suki told her long time best friend.
 
“I'm so happy!” Suki told him as Kenshien proposed to her on her fourteenth birthday as she accepted the ring he had gotten for her with tears in her eyes.
 
“I do…” Suki said as they married days after she turned fifth teen.
 
“I love you Kenshien…” she told him as they finished their love making.
 
“Kenshien I'm pregnant!” Suki screamed at him as he went into a daze staring at his sixteen year old mate and wife.
 
“Kenshien…” Suki whispered as life drained for her body.
 
End of Flash Backs
 
Kenshien shuttered at the last memory but he drank in the others summing up his life with Suki. She was always there for him but now that she was gone he didn't know what to do. The only thing that came to mind was to train hard and go after Naraku. With that thought in mind he grabbed they items that his family had lift behind; Kagome's arrows and bow along with the jewel that was amazingly still with her, Inuyasha's sword; Tetsusaiga, Sesshomaru's three swords; Tenseiga, Tokijin, Bakusaiga, Sango's Hiraikotsu, and Miroku's staff. It was a bit difficult to carry them back but he did. He was to go back to the hut where the others were. He could already see their faces when he would tell them the bad news.