InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Prank Wars ❯ The Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hello Peopls!! It is I again, Crimson Pooka, here bugging you with another fic!! You WILL like it, or I'm a monkey's uncle! *thunder in distance* OKAY, let me rephrase that: I hope that you like it, but if you don't I accept flames from those that are brave enough to try and face my wrath BWAHAHAHAHA *cough* *cough* *choke* "My-oxygen-mask! *Gasp* Need-Air!" Ahhh….that's better. Now, as I was saying, as long as you tell me what you would prefer changed. I reserve the right to ignore your flames, so this is a pre-warning!

a few quick notes:

`blah blah' -thoughts

Now on with the chappie!

~ Chapter 1: The Beginning ~

************************** Sango's POV ***************

Diary Entry

Ohh….I finally got that sneaky Kagome!! Ha! You probably don't know what I'm talking about, so I'll explain.

It's been sooooo boring in the search so far, and we haven't found any jewel shards since last week!! Crazy, isn't it?! So, Kagome and I have started this HUGE Prank War on each other. To make a long story short, I'll just say that she can be very cunning when she wants to. Oh, okay, I'll tell you some of the things that she did to me.

Most of them had to do with the framing of Miroku. One of the first tricks that she played on me was when I was taking a bath in the hot springs. Okay, you can probably already see where this is going, but I'll write it. Anyway, I was in the water, minding my own business and thinking about how luxurious it was to have a bath after sweating in the sun for 2 days. It's not like I'm completely un-feminine, sheesh! So I was just sitting there, when I heard this deep chuckle behind me, and some bushes rustling.

Now who would you have thought was spying on you out of the likely three people: 1 Kagome 2 Inu-Yasha or 3 Miroku? Of course, Miroku being the person that he is, I thought that it was him. I was ready to pound him into the dirt, because he had already invaded my space 3 times!! You would think that after being knocked unconscious 3 times it would put sense into someone.

The person in the bushes (obviously Miroku) chuckled again and ran away. "You are so dead, Miroku, after I get dressed," I muttered and jumped out of the water. After I was dressed, I stalked into the campsite, looking for the perverted monk that had been spying on me. He was sitting next to Inu-Yasha in front of the campfire. Kagome was cooking ramen over the fire. She looked at me, and I saw something in her eyes before she looked down. I didn't know, however, that the look was one of mischief.

I focused back on Miroku, who had now seen that I was coming. He grinned, and said, "My dear Sango, you can't be still mad at me for touching your posterior." I growled murderously. "Don't try acting dumb with me, you lecherous hentai! You know very well why I'm angry! You were spying on me again while I was bathing in the hot spring!" I was livid by now, and was barely able to control myself. He looked confused. "But my dear Sango, I don't know what-" He didn't finish his pathetic statement that he was innocent, because I had already slammed my boomerang into his thick skull.

The pervert got what he deserved, I thought. Then, I knew that I had gotten the wrong man. Or woman, in this case.

Kagome burst out laughing, and started rolling on the floor. Then she popped up off the ground, and said, "Oh Sango, poor pitiful Sango, I knew that you would fall for my evile plan! Bwahahahaha-" she started coughing and hacking up spit. We all stared at her. I was in shock. What was she trying to tell me? Was it that she-No. I realized what she was talking about.

"You did it?! You framed Miroku to trick me?! Why would you do that? I just gave Miroku another bump on his head, and for nothing!" "It's simple, dear Sango," (when had she started calling me that?!) "I pulled a prank on you. I tricked you. I officially declare this Prank War started!! Between you and me! This is to keep us from being bored while we look for the shards. I have 1 point now. Hahaha!"

I was catching on to her plan. We were going to try to pull pranks on each other, to keep us from dying of boredom.

"Feh." Inu-Yasha snorted and lay back down under the tree. "Fine by me, as long as you don't bother me." Kagome rolled her eyes and grinned at me. I smiled absently, because I was already trying to think of a prank to pull on her.

Thus was the beginning of the Prank War. What followed that were pitiful tricks that I tried to pull on her, that failed. I realized after many trial and errors, that it would take a lot more than simple baby tricks to get her.

After months of planning and scheming, I came up with the best prank ever, which was a success today. I set up this huge booby trap, that she fell into perfectly. She had let her guard down, since I had stopped trying to trick her recently. She thought that I had given up.

Then today, before she woke up, I snuck into the forest, and dug this huge pit in the ground. I'd say that it was about 6 ft. deep. Then, I filled it with a lot of mud, and plenty of worms. When I covered it with leaves and sticks, I heard a snigger behind me. I whirled around, to find Inu-Yasha in a tree watching me. "Don't tell Kagome, or I'll-" "Relax, Sango. I won't tell her. It'll be hilarious to see her covered in mud, and screaming about worms all over her. That is, if she falls for it. Good luck!" He hopped down from his perch in the tree and sauntered back to the campsite.

`If he messes this up, I'll pound him until he sees stars,' I thought. I soon heard sounds of talking in the campsite, and rushed back, right before Kagome woke up. I busied myself with gathering sticks with Inu-Yasha, so that she wouldn't know that I just got back. All of a sudden, a hand was on my butt. I turned around with anger in my eyes. Miroku backed up with his hands raised to fend me off. "It wasn't me! It was Kagome, playing a trick on you again! I swear!" I glanced at her to see what she said. She shook her head, with a smile on her face. "It wasn't me this time, Sango. I wouldn't try to pull the same trick twice," she admitted.

I turned back to Miroku, who gulped loudly. I grinned with a glint in my eye, and walked slowly towards him, cracking my knuckles. The look of terror in his eyes almost made me pity him. When he saw that I didn't have my boomerang this time, a look of hope came over his face. He was probably thinking that my fist wouldn't hurt as much. Think again, my perverted friend.

**************************************************************** ****************************Due to the severity of this attack and out of respect

for the reader, this scene has been omitted.

**************************************************************** ***************************

Sometime Later…

After we had eaten breakfast, and Kagome had bandaged Miroku to stop the blood from flowing all over the ground, I got up and got some soap from our travel pack. I stretched and started walking to the hot spring nearby. "I'm going to take a bath now," I called back. "Anyone want to join me?" I glanced at Miroku, who hastily studied the ground. I nodded triumphantly and started walking again.

"Wait!" Kagome called. "I'm coming too!" She hurried to gather her toiletries and-glancing pitifully at Miroku, who was drawing with a stick in the sand with his good hand- hurried to catch up with me. Perfect. She was falling right into my plan. "Umm, Sango? Don't think that you went a little hard on him?" She asked tentatively. I snorted. "No, I don't think that I went hard on him at all. I was actually going easy on him." She giggled.

I started whistling. She glanced at me curiously. "Why are you so cheerful?" she asked. I shook my head. "Oh, no reason," I said. Oh, of she only knew what awaited her. I winked mysteriously. "Oh, I get it," she said, confidently. "You have a prank that you're going to try to play on me at the spring, don't you?" she questioned.

Now was the moment that would determine my victory. The pit was just a few feet away. I had to distract her while she was walking. I controlled my face to make it seem disappointed. She grinned triumphantly. Just a little farther…"I knew it! Poor Sango, poor, poor Sango. When will you finally realize that you can't beat an Expert Prankster like me-!"

Splat.

I grinned at the muddy upset face looking up at me. Inu-Yasha came out of the trees where he had been following us with the invalid Miroku on his back. When they saw Kagome in all her muddy glory, they howled with laughter. Shippo ran to the edge of the pit with a worried look on his face. "Are you okay, Kagome?" he asked timidly. "Sure," she muttered. "Just peachy." "Good," he said, then burst lout laughing.

Congratulations to me. A plan perfectly executed. "Well Kagome, the score is now tied, 1 to 1," I said. She looked at me silently, her glare having the potential to melt ice. She climbed slowly out of the pit, so that she wouldn't slip and fall back in. When she was fully out, she answered. "Yes it is Sango," she said calmly. "But not for long." She stalked back to the campsite, trying in vain to wipe the mud from her clothes.

Of course, I was happy that I had gotten a point on her, but I admit that I was a little afraid of what her revenge would be. I walked up to Miroku and bowed. "I'm sorry for overdoing it, Miroku, when I beat you up," I said. He tried to grin, but winced in pain from his broken jaw. When he opened his mouth, a gap was seen where one of his teeth fell out. "I'm sure, Dear Sango that we can put the past behind us and look to a happier and less violent future." A hand slipped down and touched my butt, making me glare at him and raise my fist threateningly. He paled and backed away. I heard sniggering behind me, and looked to see Inu-Yasha grinning at me.

"You want some of this too?" I asked, talking about my fist. He blanched, and went ahead of me with Miroku and Shippo trying to keep up. "No thank you, ma'am!" they chorused.