InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Princess Bride ❯ Finding Miroku and Search for the Inuyoukai ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Writer's Corner:

I'm glad that some of my reviewers are very honest with me, even if some of them are a little picky… I'm only fifteen! I'm sorry I'm not perfect! I'm just kidding Thanks for sharing your input. By the request of someone, I will try and make the chapters longer but I update almost every day when I can. Do they have to be like fifty billion pages long? Also, if there is confusion. Kagome wanted to save Inuyasha's life. She did not just want to sit by helplessly. She thought she could actually make a difference in making the decision to go with Koga. I hope that clears up any misunderstandings!!! Thank you!

Previously…

"Is there any way that I might be able to send Inuyasha word of our wedding?"

Lord Koga felt his claws dig into his fist but he kept his composure. "Of course, darling. Why don't you write a scroll for him and I shall send it on one of my ships to locate him."

"Inuyasha will come to save me. He loves me," Kagome replied softly, her eyes growing soft and sad.

"He is not the only man who loves you. Never mistake that," Lord Koga replied, taking her hands in his. She did not meet his gaze but she knew what his face must have looked like. "Why don't you go to bed, my dear? It's late."

"Yes," she replied, nodding but she felt herself be pulled up against Lord Koga's chest. Before she could try to break away, his dry and experienced lips had captured hers and his tongue was coaxing her greedily. She gasped and pushed away, gasping. "I am exhausted. Forgive me, Lord Koga," she wheezed, rushing, with composure, away to her chambers, crying as she went.

~*~

Chapter Sixteen:

"You are suggesting we do what?" Sango asked, perplexed beyond her mind.

"We should find the disguised Inuyoukai who defeated both Sesshomaru and myself," Miroku replied calmly and evenly, watching the anger that played across the powerful and proud youkai's face at the mention of his loss.

"I was not in my balance that day, I assure you," Sesshomaru muttered. Sango watched him with sympathetic dark eyes but immediately looked elsewhere when she saw him narrow his eyes at her and growl.

"If we go to find him, we will all be able to get what we want. Sango, you will get your freedom if Lord Koga is killed. The same for you, Sesshomaru…" Miroku stopped and bit back a chuckle. The Inuyoukai snorted and rolled his eyes.

"If you are going to say, `well what do you know? That rhymed!' human, I will have to disembowel you," Sesshomaru said in warning tones. Sango giggled but composed herself when both men gave her serious looks (even though Miroku's was more hentai then stoic…).

"Me, I will help you kill Lord Koga but then I will seek the youkai who slaughtered my mother in cold blood. Bastard…" He trailed off, feeling the age-old anger well up in his chest once again.

"So you think if we find this youkai, he will be able to help us defeat Lord Koga and end the war attempts he hired Naraku to start?" Sango asked, putting the pieces of Miroku's plan together. When the young man nodded, she understood. "I see. That is not a bad idea. I'm proud of you."

"Why would the Inuyoukai need to help us? There is nothing in it for him," Sesshomaru interjected, watching as dark eyes were now on him. Miroku sighed and placed his hands in his lap in defeat.

"I hadn't thought of that…"

"Are you so proud of him now, Sango? The fool cannot even think a simple plan through," Sesshomaru snorted, closing his eyes and relaxing briefly. Sango cleared her throat, drawing his attention again.

"Well, while I was looking for you, Sesshomaru, I did hear that Lady Kagome was returned to the castle. She is living with Lord Koga once again. It appears that the Inuyoukai slept with her and then was taken to a torture chamber. I do not know if it is true though," she finished, straightening a few locks of her long, ebony hair. "Rumors are like a disease here in Florin."

"It might be true," Sesshomaru replied with no emotion in his voice.

"What are you saying, Sesshomaru? Should we seek him out?" Miroku asked, seeing the brooding wave that had overcome the strong youkai. Golden eyes shot over to him as if replying to his question. The young man nodded, not needing his words in answer. "Then we shall go. Sesshomaru, you will track for his scent, won't you?"

"I am not a trained dog," Sesshomaru snorted, rolling his eyes as he stood and exited the hut. Sango giggled and Miroku grinned. The Inuyoukai was always so stone cold and professional about everything.

**

"Good morning," Akira said gently to a heavily stressed Inuyasha. He had lines under his bloodshot eyes. He had not slept. He had been in too much pain from the machine. Lord Akira had raised the level from one to two and then two to three and so on. He was now up to six over the last six days with six sleepless nights.

Inuyasha only made a small groan in response. His voice was absent from straining his body to block out the festering pain of the machine as it drew out his life. He blinked a few times to rid the dryness of his eyes.

"Shall we up you to level seven or would you like some more time to think about the horrible blunders you've made all of your life?" The youkai with blue markings asked, rhetorically. Inuyasha just let out a pent up sigh, not desiring to be toyed with or teased. "I understand. This must truly be trying for you. A youkai like you with strong pain-tolerance, lowered to the tolerance of a small pup. You must seem rather pathetic to yourself," He added, observing Inuyasha's defeated demeanor. "Silent today? Well then. I will just have to come back later when you regain your voice." Akira eyed his victim one last time before he left the Pit of Despair.

Kagome… I know you were trying to save me and I knew you didn't know this would happen… but why didn't you give me a chance? We may be apart but nothing can stop our love. I hope you know that… I'll always remember your face, your body… your mind… The physically tormented Inuyoukai thought as he tried to relax his tied and tensed muscles.

**

Kagome brushed her hair dutifully as she sat upon her silken bed. She sighed, her chocolate eyes going to the window as her thoughts wandered. She had given her letters to Lord Koga six days ago and was still eagerly waiting for a reply. Lord Koga hates Inuyasha. I remember his reaction when he realized Inuyasha had mated with me. He was probably just saying that he would send out his ships just to console me and make me excited for our wedding tomorrow. She frowned upon that thought. Lord Koga loves me though. He wanted to make me happy… But… She continued to ponder it over in her head. She needed to know the truth.

Kagome dropped her brush and stood up, fluidly strolling down the hall to her fiancée's meeting chamber, where he always was, and knocked on the door, standing there impatiently. She could hear muffled voices between himself and Lord Akira and she did not want to be rude but she had to see his reactions to the questions she wanted to ask him. He was very readable in the emotions that played across his features so she would know if he was lying or not. "Lord Koga?" she asked.

"One moment, darling," He replied to her as he and Lord Akira finished whatever business they were talking about. "Come in." Kagome walked in with pose and stature, giving off as much of a polite and serene air as she could. "What is it?"

"I would like to speak with you privately a moment, my lord," she said, bowing her head in respect.

"I was just leaving, my Lord to go and tend to your wolves," Lord Koga nodded to Lord Akira and the elder youkai left the couple in confidence. Although Lord Akira said he was going to tend the wolves, it was the alibi for going to torture the victim with the Machine of Death.

"What needs to be brought to my attention, dear Kagome?" Lord Koga asked gently, taking her soft hand in his rough calloused one again. He was slightly perturbed at her always refusing his other gestures of affection such as kissing, embracing for long periods of time or letting his nose drift into her hair but he didn't let them affect him too much. He had thought of trying to seduce her into his room and mate before they were wed but knew what the outcome would be. The only she would allow was holding her hand. He didn't mind in the least.

"You lied to me," She stated somewhat firmly and aggressively, her dark eyes boring into him. Lord Koga hardly ever felt cornered by anyone except for, it seemed, his beautiful, arousing fiancée.

"I lied? About what?" He replied innocently, his eyes going wide as he swallowed very hard.

"You said you sent my letters to Inuyasha. I am not stupid, Lord Koga and I'm not air-headed like most of the women who abide in your castle," Kagome answered, crossing her arms over her chest, her eyebrows narrowing. "Where is he? Tell me now!"

Lord Koga snarled at her, grabbing her arm. She was out of line. He had been astounded by her audacity to speak in such a formal manner with him but it was never a woman's place to order a man around. "Bite your tongue! I killed that whelp myself! He will never come back for you!" He roared, throwing her back roughly but not hard enough for her to lose her balance. Kagome gasped, her chocolate eyes wide as sadness consumed her. But, even though the wolf youkai's words seemed sensible and possibly truthful, the young woman could not ignore the nagging feeling of doubt in her chest.

He killed him? How is that possible? Lord Koga may be strong but he is not strong enough to kill Inuyasha… She sent a look to him, noting the strain in his face and the tenseness of his muscles. He was lying again. Kagome did a wry but slightly condescending smile. "You are lying again."

"How DARE you accuse me in such a manner, Kagome!" Lord Koga fired back, his fangs showing as he growled in an animalistic way.

"I will accuse you and I will keep accusing you. I see the fear in your eyes. You aren't able to kill him! That's it, isn't it?" Kagome summed up in a feisty manner, her voice nearly as loud as the angry wolf youkai's. She may have been out of line and she was not acting proper but she was all ready going and was not going to be stopped until she had a satisfying answer. She calmed somewhat but her voice was still filled with rich, fiery intensity. "You are wrong if you think torture or many youkai can kill my Inuyasha. He has crossed great lengths to get to me before and he probably will not stop now. You are too afraid to handle him. I can sense the fear on you. The fear comes to possibility that if Inuyasha does not die, your life is in danger if you keep and marry me," she took a breath and saw she still had his attention, absorbing her every word in a brainwashed state, even if he looked fairly angry. "You are acting like a child, Lord Koga. Keeping me all for yourself. Are you sure you deserve me or any other woman for that matter because the only thing I see in you is your cowardice. And that is what you are. A coward." Kagome finished, feeling the huge and heavy burden that had lifted off of her chest with those words. She grew frightened when the wolf youkai did not do anything for several moments.

Lord Koga stood, unable to believe she had just said something like that to someone of his caliber. He had been called names and spat at but never had he taken such a huge blow to his pride. His heart throbbed and his anger seethed through his body. He did not want to slaughter his beloved fiancée, as his conscious mind was still intact, even though his youkai blood demanded death. His eyes glowed crimson red when he looked at Kagome in pure fury. "No one has ever dared to say anything like that to me. And it will never happen again!" He shouted, his fangs showing as he roared and grabbed her around the waist and flipped her over his shoulder.

Kagome let out a scream but muffled her cries in her hands as he hauled her down the hall like an eight-pound sack of potatoes. He opened her door roughly and threw her inside on her bed, slamming the door, breaking it off his hinges. The young woman cringed when her door, dismantled from the wall, hit the floor with a resounding smack that brought many servants to come and inspect the damage. She felt tears of fright sting in her eyes but she choked them back. She was right in what she had done. She had done the right thing.

Why does it feel like I've made a horrible mistake, she thought as she saw the blur that was Lord Koga run out of the castle.

**

This is all that stupid Inu's fault! I will kill him for sure. He will be dead by MY hands, Lord Koga snarled angrily in his mind as he made his way towards the Pit of Despair.

**

"Miroku!" Sango cried, slapping the young man across the face. She had bent over to pick up her discarded cloak when she felt a hand grace her slender and toned backside.

"We have no time for this. The Inuyoukai's scent has been stale for nearly a week now. I can barely detect it. I need to concentrate, not hear mindless rambles from wenches or see foolish male desires go into action," Sesshomaru snapped, silencing the two humans. The proud youkai let out a deep breath and continued to walk along. "I believe he went this way."

Sango and Miroku nodded. The young man gave the young woman a look that begged for forgiveness that contained feigned innocence, bobbing his eyebrows slightly. Sango sighed, and patted Miroku's shoulder. Stupid hentai she thought as their small group of compatriots traveled onward.

**

Inuyasha felt Jaken and Lord Akira attaching the machine to his exhausted body once again. I wonder what they will put me at today, he thought, closing his eyes.

"INUYASHA!" The foolish wolf youkai that had taken his Kagome away yelled, running like a blur into the room. Inuyasha's eyes shot open as he watched his enemy. Lord Koga ran to his side, and glared angrily in his face, his eyes were red. Lord Akira and Jaken stepped away for fear of being torn to shred by their ruler. "YOU did this! It's YOUR fault! I am not a coward! Kagome is MINE and MINE ALONE!" He screamed, running to the lever on the machine, shifting the gears to the highest level.

"OH KAMI-SAMA! NOT 100!" Lord Akira shouted in alarm.

Ending Writer's Corner:

Sorry about the cliffhanger ending! This is a longer chapter! Please review!