InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Princess Bride ❯ Totosai the Magic Sword Smith ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Writer's Corner:

Only a couple more chapters left! I'll try and make them really long so they really are only a couple chapters left. Lol. Are you guys pissed at Lord Koga yet? I know I am. BASTARD! Oh yes! One more ting before I give you guys the chapter. Here's a poll opportunity!

What should my next Inu story be based on:

Anastasia

The Hunchback from Notre Dame

The Swan Princess

The Little Mermaid (I know that's far out there but I'll make it work)

Email me with your response puhleez!

Previously…

"It's not just that…" Lord Koga pressed on, swallowing as if he was dehydrated. He met Lord Akira's eyes, his cerulean blue flickering with anger and betrayal. "She has conceived his pup…" His fists clenched and his claws wedged even deeper into his already raw palms. "THAT is why I had to do what I did. It's not that she called me a coward and compared me to the likes of him… But that she will be heavy with his pup and not my own…" Sadness was evident in his husky voice. "If I have to…" He added, standing. "I will kill that abomination after it is born!"

"I understand my lord," Lord Akira told him. "Calm down and rest now. You have a big day tomorrow. You're going to be doing plans for your wedding."

"Yes," Lord Koga replied, flopping down on his large bed. "And is Inuyasha dead?"

"He is, my lord."

"Good…"

~*~

Chapter Eighteen:

"This is it," Sesshomaru said quietly to his traveling compatriots when they stopped in front of an old rickety hut on the outskirts of town. He punched the door once and was a bit surprised when the door fell off its hinges.

"Bravo, Sesshomaru," Miroku said sarcastically. "You are too strong for your own good." His only reply was a glare from hell. The young man shrugged and stepped forward so he could get a good look at whoever was going to help them bring the Inuyoukai back to life.

"Sesshomaru, no one is answering the door. Do you think this is the right-" She was cut off when an old man approached the door with a thin ponytail sticking off the top of his head was staring at them from the open door way. His eyes bulged and he screamed very loudly, revealing rather sharp teeth.

"AAAAAIEEE! DEMONS!" He yelled and ran out of sight, knocking in a table and then started to complain about his back to someone. Miroku stared curiously into the hut to see the old man now lying down, his breathing ragged and an old woman was approaching the door. From the looks of it, she seemed to be an old and retired miko by her attire.

"Good morning to ye. I apologize for my husband. Ever since he had been fired by Lord Koga he has been jumping at every little thing," She told the group of three with a small smile. Her face then washed with worry when she looked at the bundle that was slung over the tall Inuyoukai's shoulder. "What be that, m'boy?" she asked, pointing to the dead Inuyasha.

"It is a dead Inuyoukai and we were hoping that your husband would be able to restore his life," Sesshomaru replied point blank. His eyes were hard because he wanted this to go as quickly as possible.

"Nope! Nope! Sorry! Can't help `ya," The old man shouted from the backround, hobbling with his back hunched into a room out of their sight.

"Totosai! Ye old coward! Come back here and do not be rude to these folk," The old hag called in slight irritation into the house only to get a whimpering response that Sesshomaru heard too clearly.

"I will not kill him if that is what he is thinking. I will however if he does not agree to help," He stated, using his free arm and cracking his knuckles in that hand. The hag nodded and a small and humorous smile graced her lips. At those words, the old geezer called Totosai came out of hiding and regarded the group.

"I'll take a look at him. How much have you got?" He asked, crossing his arms in his kimono sleeves. Sesshomaru growled lightly in his throat but Miroku stopped him and held out a small sack of money.

"We can offer you this much, Lord Totosai," The young man stated, handing the sack of money to the sword smith. The old man balked at it for a second and then grew angry.

"You expect me to save a demon's life for only THAT much? You are crazy. Go to another place," He shouted at them. Sesshomaru took a step forward, his body hovering like an ominous shadow. Totosai gulped. "But… then again, I suppose I could run a check on him…"

"Thank you Lord Totosai," Sango told him, bowing and with a sweet smile. The old man grunted in response as he showed them the way in, motioning for Sesshomaru to lay the dead youkai on the table. He took off Inuyasha's shirt and listened for a heartbeat. His eyes widened.

"He's not all dead," He told them quietly.

"I could hear no heartbeat," Sesshomaru replied, his eyes narrowed in suspicion. Hardly anything went past his ears. Totosai signaled for Sesshomaru to come and listen to a specific spot on his chest and sure enough, there was a barely audible sound. "Kami-sama…" the Inuyoukai whispered as he stood up in awe but he barely let it show.

"So… He's alive still?" Sango asked, confused by what Totosai had said. How could a being be not all dead?

"Well… No and yes. He's mostly dead," The old man replied, reaching for an instrument that pumped and enlarged fire with its air. He began to pump air into Inuyasha's non-moving chest. The three compatriots watched in fascination as his chest began to fill up and move even when he was `mostly' dead.

"What are you doing now, Lord Totosai?" Miroku questioned. Totosai removed the tool from Inuyasha's mouth and set it back in its spot by the fireplace.

"I'm going to see what his objective is," The old man answered him, opening the mostly dead Inuyoukai's mouth a fraction.

"His objective?" Sango spat in confusion, her brows screwed together in thought. "Lord Totosai, he is mostly dead. He cannot talk. How can you find out what he really wants now when he is basically not of the living?"

"You think there are not ways to do this? Watch and see, young lady," Totosai said in a hushing and forceful manner. Sango's lips clamped together as she watched with interest and bewilderment of what he was going to do.

Totosai bent by Inuyasha's ear and said rather loudly, "Hey! Wake up in there! I know you can hear me you smelly rotting whelp!" A small and irritated sound escaped the mostly dead Inuyoukai's lips, making Sango, Miroku and Sesshomaru edge back a step in alarm. "What is it you're still here for? Why are you holding onto life like this when you're supposed to be dead?" The old man then pressed his hands rather roughly on Inuyasha's chest, pushing the air out of his mouth.

"Ka… Go…. Me…" Came the airy and slightly muffled response. Miroku's eyes widened and Sango stiffened. He actually TALKED rather than made a sound! Sesshomaru was a bit baffled by this too but rather hid it behind his stoic façade.

"He said Kagome! He wants to go to Lady Kagome!" Sango exclaimed to her two friends in shock. "He is in love with her, that's why he wanted to save her out on the Gilderian frontier!"

"No he didn't say Lady Kagome," Totosai scoffed. "He said `that's growdy' as in something is gross. It probably is his own scent since he has been mostly dead for a couple hours now."

"Liar! Ye know that is not what the lad said!" The old woman exclaimed, entering the room behind their guests.

"Get back witch! Stop accusing me! Don't you use any of your spells on me now!" Totosai roared at her, running around the table. She began to chase him.

"I was no witch! I was a miko! Ye know what he said! He said Kagome!" She shouted at her husband but stopped and looked to the three that were watching them. "He has lost his confidence ever since Lord Koga dismissed him from the castle. Forgive him."

"Don't say his name!" The old man bellowed as he cupped his hands over his ears.

"Koga! Koga! There! Ye don't like it, do ye?" The old woman shouted into her husbands plugged ears.

"If this Inuyoukai is restored, he will go and slaughter Lord Koga if you would want to know," Miroku intervened, catching the couple that was bickering and annoying each other by surprise. Totosai looked very interested.

"He would, would he…"He took a look to his wife and then smiled. "Well then, Kaede! What are we waiting for?"

"Is it true that you can forge swords from the fangs of demons and give them extraordinary powers, Totosai?" Sesshomaru asked the sword smith with all seriousness because he wanted the sword to be finished soon.

"Yes but are you going to give me one of your fangs? I cannot forge a sword that will bring this youkai back to life without one," He replied.

Sesshomaru drew something out of his robes and held it out. It was rather large and he handed it to Totosai. "It is my father's fang. Use it."

Totosai nodded and went to work on forging the sword. Sesshomaru had given him a small time limit and he really didn't want to be on the bad side of a youkai who could slit his throat without trying.

**

Kagome fell down gasping for air onto the floor when the servant youkai had removed her corset. "Why… must I wear… one of those tonight?" She wheezed, her sides hurting from how tight it was.

"It is the latest fashion, m'lady. You want to look proper for your wedding, do you not?" The cat youkai who was attending her asked. Kagome shrugged. She really didn't care because she wasn't planning on getting married. She would get out of it any way that she had to, even if it meant taking some drastic measures.

Lord Koga knocked on her door and she acknowledged him by telling him she was decent enough for him to enter. "So my dearest, are you excited for tonight?"

"The wedding?" Kagome asked in disinterest but not to be rude kept a slightly cheerful look on her face.

"No, after the wedding, when we make love for the first time as mates," He answered her, a cocky grin on his face. Kagome wanted to throw up when he said make love for the first time as mates. It didn't sound right coming from him. It would not be lovemaking. It would be brutal and animalistic sex that she didn't want. She would be used and toyed with and she would be powerless to stop him.

"O-of course, Lord Koga," she stammered as she felt stomach acid rise in her throat from his words.

"Good, now if you'll excuse me, I must finish making preparations for the rest of the wedding," Lord Koga told her and left a very disgusted Kagome alone. As he walked down the hall, he stopped Lord Akira, seeing that there was something troubling the old youkai. "What is it?"

"Inuyasha's body was stolen from Jaken last night in the forest. The youkai and two humans that took it have gone to see Totosai," The youkai lord replied, his eyes grave. Lord Koga's eyes widened in response.

"Totosai… As in… The sword smith that I expelled?" The wolf answered, his voice growing hoarse. "You mean… they're going to try to-"

"Yes, they're going to try and restore his life," Was the curt reply.

"Put guards at every wall and barricade the gates. He will not get in, interrupt my wedding steal my woman and kill me do you understand?" Lord Koga hissed through clenched fangs, fear rising in his gut.

"Yes, my lord," Lord Akira answered, shuffling down the hall passed the younger youkai.

Kami-sama… I'll be killed if he gets in here, Lord Koga thought to himself as he went to finish up the wedding plans with a fear filled gut and a sickening taste that began to rise in his mouth.

Ending Writer's Corner:

Dun dun dun… Let's see… After this, I'll probably estimate about two or three more chapters and then maybe an epilogue. Wow! This was so much fun to write that I'm going to miss it! Tear tear