InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Random Place ❯ Paintball! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Are you sure it's wise to give them guns?" Izauyo looked down fearfully at the two young pups, eyeing the weapons in hand. "Sure, they'll be fine. Their just paintball guns, how much damage could they cause?"
-
Inuyasha dove into the underbrush, scowering the forest around him for any signs of his brother. "Come on Sessh, were are you? You can't hide forever." The barely-audible-to-human-ears sound of the paintball gun going off exploded into the forest, followed shortly after by Inuyasha's yelp of pain.

Sesshoumaru laughed nastily at his younger brother, who lay sprawled at his feet, groaning. "You're such a baka! Didn't you relize I'd be able to hear you talking to yourself half a mile away?" Inuyasha made a sound somewere between a whimper and a growl as he pulled himself up.

Sesshoumaru's laughter intensified when his younger brother turned to face him, revealing were he'd been hit. "I've got pretty good aim if I do say so myself!" Frowning, Inuyasha reached up and gingerly touched his forhead, fingers coming away sticky with drying blue paint.

"Ow Sessh, that hurt!" Said inu shrugged. "Not my problem if you're a baby who can't handle a 'ittle paint ball." Scowling, Inuyasha picked up his paintball gun from were it lay at his side and proceeded to shoot his brother in such a place as it should be punishable by death.

Inuyasha cackled madly as Sesshoumaru fell to his knees, howling in pain. "You're DEAD half-breed!!" Before Inuyasha was able to compose himself enough to scramble away, Sesshoumaru had landed three shots on him.

Inuyasha dove wildly behind the tree nearest to him, panting and moaning in pain. Clutching his gun to his chest, he looked cautiously around his hiding place. The area he'd just left was empty, his brother nowere in sight.

Relaxing under the delusion that he'd somehow given Sesshoumaru the slip, he dropped the gun to his side and began moving away from the trunk of the tree. "Hey stupid!" Inuyasha looked up just in time to see his brother perched on one of the higher branches of his tree, gun pointed right at him.

The first shot he let lose hit, though just barely as Inuyasha raced away. Sesshoumaru followed him via the tree tops, leaping from branch to branch and shooting every chance he got.

Ducking and dodging, Inuyasha did his best not to be in the same place for more than two seconds, throwing shots over his shoulder towards his brother's general direction in the process. A yelp of pain told him at least one had hit.

He grinned, deciding he was winning, even though he wore more blue than Sesshoumaru did red.

Immense pain in his ear broke his thoughts of victory as one of Sesshoumaru's blue paintballs hit it's mark. Yowling, he reached up to massage it, only to find it coated with the sticky blue susbstance. Growling in an all out 'it's on' kind of way, Inuyasha skidded to a stop and stood facing were his brother was.

With an animalistic roar Sesshoumaru lept from the tree, letting off round after round at his brother. Inuyasha dodged as best he could, then spun and returned fire. Sesshoumaru twisted in the air and threw himself out of the way gracefully, a feat which Inuyasha couldn't help but be impressed by. He never had figured out exactly how his elder brother managed it.

Sesshoumaru landed feet from him, taking and giving hits as he and Inuyasha lept around, bouncing off of tree trunks in a strangley intricate dance. Inuyasha, being less graceful then his brother, found the only protruding tree root near them and proceeded to trip over it.

Landing mostly on his face, Inuyasha made to get up, only to feel his brother leap onto his back. His hand inched convulsivly towards the butt of his paintball gun. "Don't even think about it baka-breath." Inuyasha stilled as he felt Sesshoumaru's gun come to rest inches from his skull.

"Any last words mutt face?" Inuyasha whimpered. Sesshoumaru squeezed the trigger, causing it to click, but not fire. Inuyasha flinched, then wilted in relief. "Stupid gun!" Sesshoumaru shook it violently. "Ha ha Sessh! Your gun's jammed!"

As dignatly as was possible with such an action, Sesshoumaru stamped on his brother's back. Yelping, Inuyasha squirmed, trying to free himself. Sesshoumaru, completly unfazed by his brother's brash movements, continued to hit and shake his gun to the best of his ability without breaking it.

Fearing the worst, Inuyasha gave one final, violent buck. Sesshoumaru, distracted by the sudden sound of footsteps, was thrown backwards. Diving forwards, Inuyasha gripped his gun and lept to his feet, aiming it straight at his brother's head.
-
The Inu no Taisho walked begrudgingly through the forest, hunting down his two young sons. Why? Because his wife didn't think it smart to give them guns and let them run around the forest shooting one another. And so he found himself looking for signs of their passage, finding it in the way of bright blue and red paint spots.

The sound of yelping and cursing reached his ears as he walked into a small clearing, the strangest(and most amusing) sight reaching his eyes. Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru stood about a foot apart, each holding a paintball gun to the other's head.

His laughter drew the sibling's gazes, two pairs of bright amber eyes, so similar in their youth, fixated on his. "What's so funny?! Sir." Inuyasha added hurredly when his father shot him a look. "You. You're both covered in paint." Blinking, they looked at each other.

Inuyasha burst out laughing at the sight of his brother. "Your covered in red spots Sessh! It looks like you got chicken pocks!" Snorting, Sesshoumaru let off one last round, hitting Inuyasha on the cheek. "Don't be a baka. Besides, you're covered in blue spots. It looks like you've been into the public toilets again."

Pouting, Inuyasha shot at Sesshoumaru, hitting him on the nose. "Yea, well you look like a clown!" Slapping a hand over his nose in pain, eyes watering, Sesshoumaru shot Inuyasha in the mouth, causing him to gag.

"Ug, that's friggen disgusting!" Inuyasha spit out blue onto the grass. "I fink you bro' mah toof!" Sesshoumaru cackled as Inuyasha felt up said tooth with his finger, eyes watering. "Da-ad! Sef bro' mah toof!"

Removing his bloody fingers from his mouth, he held aloft the tooth in question. Which only increased the volume of Sesshoumaru's laughter. Sighing, the Taisho held out his hands. "The guns." Both boys pouted up at him, laughter still escaping from between Sesshoumaru's clamped lips.
"But father!"
"Now."

Scowling, Sesshoumaru reluctantly handed over his weapon. Inuyasha just looked between his gun and the tooth in his palm. "Bu' dad, he bro' mah toof!" Frowning, he wriggled his fingers in a 'give-it-here' motion. Inuyasha handed it over begrudgingly.

"But father why? You said if we hurt ourselfs it was our own stupid fault-"
"Your mother's orders."
Sesshoumaru's eyes narrowed. "She's not my mother, so she souldn't be able to tell me what to do."
"I'm telling you Sesshoumaru. Just because she didn't give birth to you-"
"That wench is not my mother."
Growling, the Taisho did the only thing he could think of. Taking Sesshoumaru's gun, he shot the pup in the shoulder, causing him to yelp.

"Come on boys, I think I smell dinner." Ignoring Sesshoumaru's growling and Inuyasha's snickering, he turned and headed off towards their home, guns in hand.

Of course the second their father was out of ear-shot, Sesshoumaru smacked Inuyasha upside the head, sending him sprawling onto the forest floor. Smirking egotistcly, Sesshoumaru made to follow their father, leaving Inuyasha in the dirt.

Scowling, Inuyasha pounced onto his brother, catching him around the waist, sending them both to the ground. "Boys.." Stopping their struggling, they distangled themselves obediantly and ran to catch up with the Taisho, shoving each other lightly along the way.

"You boys better behave yourselves at dinner or there'll be hell to pay." Glancing at one another, they looked up at their father. "Why?" The Taisho made a face. "lets just say your mother isn't in the best of moods today..."

Snickering, Sesshoumaru leaned over and whispered conspiritualy into Inuyasha's ear. "That means she's got pms!" Both boys burst into fits of semi-silent laughter, the Taisho sighing. "I'm afraid your right, Sesshoumaru. Afraid indeed.."