InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Random Place ❯ Ramen Mailman ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Hey mom?" Mrs. Higurashi poked her head into the living room.
"Yes Souta dear?"
"I think Inuyasha's broken." She strared. "What?" He pointed to said hanyu. "Um..." She came into the room and moved towards Inuyasha, Souta at her heels.

Crouching down, she stared at Inuyasha's overly large, glazed looking amber eyes. "How long has he been like this?" Souta shrugged. "Since I came in here." Mrs. Higurashi frowned. "Oh dear."

"So he's broken then?" She sighed.
"Of course not!"
"But mom, he's drooling on himself."
That was true. The front of Inuyasha's haori was covered in drool. A fact which didn't seem to be fazing him.
"Maybe you'd better go get your sister." Souta nodded. "Suuure..." He moved away slowly, eyes transfixed on the hanyu.

Mrs. Higurashi meanwhile tried to bring Inuyasha back to his senses. She waved a hand before his eyes, snapped her fingers in his face AND ear, poked him, tempted him with Ramen, even said she heard the mailman. Nothing worked.

"Hey mom what's..." Kagome faltered, taking in the scene before her. "See, I told you he was broken!" Kagome, ignoring her younger brother, walked towards her mom and Inuyasha.

"Oh man, who left the lava lamp on again?" Mrs. Higurashi looked from her daughter to the thing Inuyasha was staring through. "You mean the lava lamp did that to him?" Kagome sighed. "Yea...He's weird that way."

Leaning over, she smartly yanked the cord out of the wall. Seconds after the lamp turned off and the goo stopped moving, Inuyasha blinked. Seeing them all crowded around he smiled dazedly. "Someone say somethin' bout a mailman made of Ramen?"