InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Resolution ❯ Because ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi all!
 
You can tell you're anInuyasha freak when you type out nearly this whole multi-chap story in a day, when you're babysitting your cousin and when you should be working on your part of a biology group report. Oh well. Maybe it's just my geek personality.
 
 
Each chapter will have a song in it, and part of the fun is that I'm leaving it up to you guys to guess what the name of the song is and who performs it or what it's from (I say this because one is from a movie).Let me know in a reviewwhat you think of the story and what you think the song for that chapter is. This also means that my disclaimers for the songs will be in the chapters that follow. In other words, I will put the disclaimer for the song from chapter one in chapter two and continue that pattern.
 
 
I've tried to keep the Inu-gang IC, and think I've done a fairly good job of it, with one exception - Kikyou. I can't stand her, but for some reason when I write a story, I seem to make her more human. (shudders)
 
 
YoukaiLuvr
 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own the characters or original show storyline from the anime/manga Inuyasha by Takahashi Rumiko.
 
 
-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-123 4567890-
 
 
The Resolution
 
Chapter 1 -
 
2 months ago, Naraku had been defeated - finally. Their quest had lasted three years; the jewel was finally complete and their lives had slowly returned to the way they might have been without Naraku. Miroku and Sango were recent newlyweds - Sango was expecting, much to Miroku's excitement - and Shippou was living with Kaede. Some things, however, never change....
 
“I can't believe you!!”
 
“You're not much better, you know!!”
 
Miroku, Sango, and Shippou all rolled their eyes. Inuyasha and Kagome were in the middle of yet another argument and, by the sound of it, it was going to be a doozy. The three lookers-on got up from their usual hiding place behind a row of bushes and returned to the village, not wanting to stay for the argument, which was sure to end badly. It had been going for several minutes now, and would most likely get worse way before it would get better.
 
 
-1234567890-1234567890-
 
 
Kagome's voice wasn't the only thing to be getting tired by this point - her spirit was tired as well. Tired of fighting, tired of trying to reach through to Inuyasha, tired of almost everything. This fight had been worse than most, however. There had been low blows thrown by both sides and had lasted far too long.
 
“Fine! Just leave already!” yelled Inuyasha. “It's not like I care, anyway!” That hurt a lot more than either one wanted to admit.
 
“Gee, thanks! I knew that already!” hollered Kagome, too angry to cry just yet. “So just go on back to the one you do love - Kikyou!”
 
They both turned away from each other; Kagome, with tears in her eyes, headed for the village to gather her stuff and Inuyasha, with his usual emotion-hiding scowl in place, went towards the Sacred Tree to get to his sanctuary in its branches.
 
(A/N - I know I didn't put much in their argument, but I'm not a very creative when it comes to argument dialogue, so I'm leaving it up to you readers - and reviewers - to create an argument in your own little heads. LOL But I will saythis- even though they end up arguing about nearly everythingelse,as far as the original cause of the fight goes, Kagome was right andInuyasha was wrong. Just a little tidbit to set up this next part.)
 
Inuyasha was up in the branches of the God Tree, just thinking about the fight and what to do next. He realized that she really was right, that he was being a donkey's behind, and that she was crying by the scent of her tears.
 
I want to go after her, he thought. But I'd probably just screw things up more. “Inuyasha,” called a voice from below him. He looked down who it was. “What do you want, monk?”
 
“Inuyasha, you should come back to the village. Kagome is in Kaede's hut and she's crying,” said Miroku. “Whatever you said to her really upset her. I heard the start of the argument; she was right, you know. You need to go see her and apologize.”
 
“I know, ya stupid lech!” Inuyasha snapped, and then his face and his voice got much softer. “I'm just afraid that…that I'll just make it worse. I can never seem to say what I want to. I end up saying the wrong thing, and then she gets all ticked, says you-know-what, and runs back home.”
 
Miroku was a little startled at this proclamation. He had never heard Inuyasha admit his feelings in any way even close to this before. But that still didn't for give him for being a jerk. “Why don't you try figuring out what you're going to say before you talk to her? If you do that, you should be able to tell her how you feel about her more easily. She does care for you, Inuyasha, and probably feels more than just caring. All I'm asking is for you to try. If not to clear your own conscience, then do it for her.” With that, he turned and walked back to the village, leaving Inuyasha to his thoughts.
 
Inuyasha started thinking about Kagome; what they'd been through together, what she'd come to mean to him. Soon, he was talking to himself. “Isn't it enough that I fight the dragons; that I fight the demons and win? Isn't it enough that I lead the battle; find their weaknesses, protect and defend? Why must I also get down on my knees…and apologize?”
 
 
Because I love her
I need her
Like earth needs the sun
I need the one I love
To keep my hope bright,
My head right,
My heart fighting on
Until I am back in her arms
 
 
When he first met Kagome, she had awakened him while running from Mistress Centipede. He first thought that she was Kikyou, and hated her for that.
 
But soon he saw how determined she was to protect her family from Yura, to protect Shippou from the Thunder Brothers, to protect him from Sesshoumaru and from the spider-head demons; how she knit their rag-tag family of a miko, a kitsune, an inuhanyou, a taijya, an houshi, a neko youkai, and an elderly village headmistress together.
 
How she kept forgiving him.
 
Even after all the crap he gave her.
 
Even after all the times he ran off to see Kikyou.
 
 
Because I love her
I need her
Like earth needs the sun
I need the one I love
To keep my hope bright
My head right
My heart fighting on
Until I am back in her arms
 
 
He knew that he didn't deserve to talk to her as a hanyou, much less as a person. But, nevertheless, she kept talking to him, helping him, taking care of him, and saving him in more than one way.
 
 
Because I love her
And need her
Like summer needs rain
To grow and sustain each day
I hear her singing
And bringing new strength to my soul
Until I am back in her arms
 
 
Every time she went away to her time, for `skool' or `exams', he felt like a part of him left with her. He wasn't able to fight as well when she wasn't there to encourage him. She had no idea of the effect she had on him - helping him reach the full extent of his hanyou power, taming his demon blood, making him believe in himself.
 
But even though they may be apart, sometimes separated by 500 years, even her memory emboldened him to fight for her, to defend the others, to care for the village and its people, to love her.
 
 
Miles apart
Yet still my heart
Can hear her melody
I'm more than sure
That I can't endure
Without her love for me
 
 
Yes, he finally admitted it. Inuyasha loved Kagome and Kagome alone. She accepted him for who he is - hanyou and all. She made him feel whole; like she was a piece of his soul that had been missing for years and had finally come into his life to complete him.
 
 
Because I love her
And need her
Like I need to breathe
Did Adam need Eve like this?
Now I see clearly
I nearly gave up all I had
So whatever our differences were,
I'll bid them good-bye,
I'll give love I try,
And all because
I
Love
Her!
 
 
“I've got to go tell her, before it's too late!” said Inuyasha. He jumped down out of the tree and headed for the village - and Kagome.
 
-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-123 4567890-
 
A/N - What did you think? PLEASE review! And just a reminder - this is a MULTI-CHAP fic, so no asking me 1) if it's a one-shot or 2) to continue. In fact, I'll give you those answers right now: 1) No, it is a multi-chap, not a one-shot. There will be more chapters to come; I actually already have them typed up. I'll wait a day or two in between the posts, though. 2) I will continue this - see previous. =^.^= Oh, and just another reminder - I will tell you what song this was, who sang it, and put the disclaimer for it in the next chapter, `kay?