InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Rock Star ❯ More Than Friends ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/n: Characters of Inuyasha © Rumiko Takahashi
 
Yume: hey everyone this is my first fanfic, hope you'll enjoy it!
 
Warnings: language, possible lemon in future chapters
 
~*~
 
The Rock Star
Chapter 1
More than friends
 
~*~
 
 
Tokyo 2002
 
 
Kagome woke to a tapping at her bedroom window. She slid out of her bed and fumbled around in the dark for the light switch. She hesitated for a moment until she heard the tapping sound from her window again, then rushed over and swept the curtains aside.
 
Thirteen-year-old Inuyasha stood on the roof, still tapping at her window. He flashed her a smile, baring his k-9 teeth. She smiled back, unlatching the lock on the window and sliding it upwards, letting Inuyasha climb through.
 
“What're you doing here? It's a school night!” Kagome said.
 
“I have something to show you, it's really cool. You'll like it.” Inuyasha's smile grew wider.
 
“If I get caught sneaking out with you again, I'll be grounded for all eternity!” Kagome exclaimed, waving her arms around in emphasis.
 
“Who said you're going to get caught?”
 
Kagome glared at him and he laughed. He took her hand and led her to the bedroom window. She looked nervous but he reassured her with a little pat on the back of her hand. They climbed down the rose vines on the side of her house and ran off into the night, Inuyasha still leading her by the hand.
 
After running at least six blocks Kagome finally asked, “How much further?”
 
“Not far, it's just around this corner.”
 
They dashed around the corner and he led her into the park. They ran past the playgrounds with the swirly red slide and the swings that were swinging slightly in the breeze. They ran past the sakura trees into the bushes at the edge of the park. They passed tree after bush after tree and then finally they entered a small little oasis.
 
The oasis was small but beautiful. The water sparkled in the moonlight and the small waterfall rained down into a small pond. Sakura petals drifted down in the breeze and landed in the water creating small blue ripples in the water. The sky was littered with stars above them and all seemed peaceful.
 
“Oh my god…Inuyasha, it's so beautiful!”
 
“Yeah…I thought you'd like it.”
 
Kagome admired the scenery but when she looked back at Inuyasha, he wasn't looking at the scenery; he was staring at her. He slowly walked over to her, his eyes never looking away.
 
“Inuyasha--?”
 
“I can't look at the scenery.”
 
“Why?”
 
“Because it's not as beautiful as you…”
 
“Inuyasha…what are you saying? You're my best friend!” Kagome whispered, backing away from him.
 
“I know. But…do you think we could…be more than friends?”
 
Kagome's eyes widened, “Inuyasha…I don't know. I mean, this is so sudden I don't--”
 
Before Kagome could utter another word, Inuyasha grabbed her wrist and pulled her into him, kissing her passionately. He removed his hand from her wrist to hold her head, his other arm sliding around her waist. Kagome's heart raced, as she slowly grew limb in his arms. She couldn't breathe and she still couldn't catch a breath even after he broke the kiss.
 
“Kagome…I'm in love with you…”
 
All Kagome could do was stand there and stare at him in disbelief. They had been best friends since the day they first believed in Santa Claus. Now he stood there, outlined with a ray of moonlight, confessing his undying love for her.
 
“Inuyasha…”
 
“Yes?” he asked anxiously.
 
“I…can't. You're my best friend, but I can't love you.”
 
Even in the dark Kagome could see tears glistening on his face. His dog-ears slumped downward. He averted his gaze from her so she wouldn't see the pain written on his face.
 
“Inuyasha…I'm so--”
 
“I have to go.” Inuyasha interrupted her. He turned and dashed away, using his inhuman speed so she couldn't pursue him. He left her standing there; the kiss still tingling on her lips, tears stinging at her eyes.
 
Inuyasha moved with his family from Tokyo a week later…leaving her with nothing more than a note on her windowsill that read:
 
I will always love you
 
 
~*~
 
Yume: sorry this chapter's long but they will get longer. I just have a lot planned for this particular chapter but I hope it was good otherwise! Please R+R! ^_^