InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Roommate ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Roommate

 

Sara: Nothing to say…

 

Karen Higurashi (anonymous): I know Sango is OOC but she will go back to normal later in the story (I have the whole thing planned out) 

 

Sarcasm Girl8: And to the every popular reviewing all the time Sarcasm girl! Yep they are both poor.

 

InuYashaphr33k (both): Wow. That is scary. I had to check my basement and porch to make sure you weren't there.

 

Disclaimer: I think it is useless to put these. Do you really thing I own Inuyasha?

 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

 

The Roommate: Chapter 4

 

Summary: AU: Kagome Higurashi, aspiring actress, realizes that she has no money left over to pay for her rent so she posts and ad for a roommate. Inuyasha Takeimo, a bankrupt actor in need of a place to stay...

 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

 

"Who does he think he is?" I shout as I do another flip on the uneven bars.

"Kagome you're going to hurt yourself!" My trainer, Mr. Aitsu, says as he tries to catch me when I switch bars.

 

"How is he going to (pant) call me a whore in front of (pant) everybody? Who does her (pant) think he is?" I continue as I switch back. I ignore the burning feeling in my chest. My heartbeat is increasing as fast as my anger.

"How can he do (pant) that? How can he (pant) call me a wannabe? A BITCH? (pant pant)" I continue to go back and forth on the bars.

 

"YOUR GONNA FALL KAGOME!" The trainer shouts as he catches me. We fall to the ground and roll. I snap back to earth.

 

"Sorry Mr. Aitsu." I say and pick up my towel.

 

"No problem. As long as you are in shape." He says as I pat away the sweat that is dripping on my face. Sango picks that moment to walk into the room.

 

"Hey Kags. Hey Aitsu. How was the training?" She asks.

 

"It was fine. Kagome was so worked up, she trained double the lesson." He replies, sounding impressed.

 

"Wow. C'mon Kagome. I'll drive you to Najidensoko Theater School." Sango says and takes her keys out of her pockets. I nod and we head out to her car.

 

"When did you change?" I ask, noticing that she now has on jeans and a pink sweater.

 

"Oh… Uhm… Miroku came over after Inuyasha started to cry (Sara: I can imagine that) about his money problems. You know that he is broke?" Sango rambles.

 

"Miroku?" I ask as I open the passenger door.

 

"Yea. Inuyasha's friend. The guy he was with." Sango replies nonchalantly. I look at her in mock horror.

 

"Your trying to tell me that Sango, THE SANGO, has a boyfriend? And it's after 5th grade!" I exclaim. Sango narrows her eyes at me.

 

"Har Har. Very funny." Sango says and silence falls over the car like a quilt.

 

::NAJIDENSOKO THEATERICAL SCHOOL::

 

I look down at the paper that is on the lap of my green uniform skirt. It is to the middle of my thigh. The sailor shirt doesn't help either. I look down at the paper that Mr. Osaka told me to copy.

 

"Higurashi? Would you please?" I hear a voice say. I look up and see Mr. Baka at the door, and Mr. Osaka practically worship the very ground he is standing on.

 

"Yes Kagome. Please act it out with Hojo." I walk up to the front of the class and heave in and out. Hojo starts.

 

"But, soft! What light through yonder window breaks?
It is the east, and Juliet is the sun.
Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon,
Who is already sick and pale with grief,
That thou her maid art far more fair than she:
Be not her maid, since she is envious;
Her vestal livery is but sick and green
And none but fools do wear it; cast it off.
It is my lady, O, it is my love!

I zone out.

 

"Okay. That is act 2 scene 2." I mumble to myself.

O, that I were a glove upon that hand,
that I might touch that cheek!"

 

I zone back.

 

"Uhm… Ay me!" I say. Hojo smiles.

 

"She speaks: O, speak again, bright angel! For thou art
As glorious to this night, being o'er my head
As is a winged messenger of heaven
Unto the white-upturned wondering eyes
Of mortals that fall back to gaze on him
When he bestrides the lazy-pacing clouds
And sails upon the bosom of the air
." He voice mildly cracks. I sigh.

 

Poor little Hojo. Always the shy one, I think as I prepare for my part.

 

"O Romeo, Romeo! Wherefore art thou Romeo?
Deny thy father and refuse thy name;
Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love,
And I'll no longer be a Capulet
" I stress Capulet, to indicate that I am not going on. Mr. Osaka seems to have caught the drift because he started to clap. Mr. Baka nodded and leaves the room.

 

"Congrats Higurashi. You get better and better at acting everyday." Mr. Osaka gushes. I grin in spite of myself. After a little more doodling in my notebook, the bell rings (Sara: I know this class was fast but I don't want to ramble.)

 

"Wait up Higurashi!" Hojo calls. I stop and turn around.

 

"I was thinking. Do you want to go to the movies on Friday?" He asks. I open my mouth but he quickly adds, "Or we can go to my house and watch the Shakespeare movie." I smile.

 

"Well I do love Willy Shakespeare." I reply. Houjo's face lights up.

 

"Cool! I'll pick you up at seven!" He calls gleefully as he ambles down the hallway. I roll my eyes at his back and pick up my book bag. I board the bus and sit in the back.

 

"Now Inuyasha went and ruined my whole day." I mumble as I look out the window at the buildings flying by blurrily.

 

::AT THE APARTMENT::

 

I reach for my key chain conveniently at the bottom of my book bag.

 

"Kami Inuyasha. You just had to rain on my parade." I mumble as I continue to feel around for the key.

 

"YIPPIE! I found it!" I yell gleefully as I do a little dance while twirling the key on my finger.

 

 

 

 

Bad idea.

 

 

 

 

The key flings off my finger and spears behind me making a light WOOSH sound.

 

"Ow!" I turn around and see Inuyasha behind me.

 

"Watch where your keys are flying wench." He growls causing his ears to twitch.

 

"How cute." I say under my breath.

 

 

 

 

Bad idea

 

 

 

 

His narrows his eyes

 

"You think I'm cute don't you?" He says and gives a toothy grin. I shake my head rapidly.

 

"Yea you do. I heard you. You said"-he clears his throat and changes it to an eerie high-pitched one-"how cute" I roll my eyes.

 

"You think I'm sexy huh?" He says and steps closer to me. I can feel his rough jeans on my bare legs. He lowers his head down to my height.

 

"Don't you?" He whispers. I push him off and knock on the door.

 

"Don't you know that you don't have a roommate anymore?" He asks. On cue, Sango opens the door.

 

"Hewo…" She tries to talk, but I notice the chicken shreds dribbling off of her chin, and the grease around her mouth. I step into my apartment, silently thanking Kami I gave Sango a key.

 

"Why are you over here anyway?" I ask.

 

"Visiting Kikyou's." He says and points next to my apartment.

 

"She moved next door?!" Sango said after swallowing. He nodded, shrugged and walked away.

 

"What an ass." I say as I close the door. Sango shrugs and returns to her dinner in front of the TV.

 

"Sango?"

 

"Yes?"

 

"Is that my Hungry Man?"

 

"Uh-huh."

 

"Okay." I walk over the door, open it, and get the mail out of the slot. I go through it out loud.

 

"Junk, Kikyou's, Junk, Light bill, Trainer bill. Hmm…" I say as I drop all of the other letters.

I look at the bill in my hands.

 

"Sango." I say calmly. She looks up from her TV dinner.

 

"Yes."

 

"How much did you say that trainer was?"

 

"Uhm about 125 dollars."

 

"Oh... Sango?"

 

"Yes?"

 

"He was actually 725 dollars."

 

"Oh... I think I read the 1 wrong."

 

"Oh...Sango?"

 

"Yes."

 

"I hate you."

 

"I know."

 

"And Sango?"

 

She fully turns away from the TV.

 

"You know that I only get 725 every week or so right?" Sango nods.

 

"And you know the rent is due in two days right?" She nods again.

 

"Sango I cant afford to pay." Sango's eyes grow wide.

 

"Sango?"

 

"Yes Kagome?"

 

"Get… out… NOW!" And with that Sango jumps up and runs out of the house before I can take another breath. I walk to my room calmly.

 

"Its Okay Kagome. Nothing is going to happen Kagome. Everything is alright Kagome." I say to myself. I lock my room door and sit in the middle of the floor.

 

"Don't worry Kagome. You like is over. It doesn't matter. Forget about your dreams. You can just move back to the Shrine. Be with Gramps. Make fake spells. Play Tekken with Souta… WAIT! I can make posters for a Roommate! That's it! I can get a roommate! Yippee! Problem solved!" I shout and jump into bed, fully clothed.

 

"I can get Kikyou back. Or maybe Sango will move in." I say to myself as I am lulled to sleep by the sound of wind crashing against the window.

 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sara: Chapter sucks. I know. Incase you don't get it, here is a basic summary.

 

Kagome is depressed from what Inuyasha said (you'll find out why later on) and everything bad starts to happen in symmetrical order. And she encounters Inuyasha outside her door and he claims that she thinks he is sexy. And she finds out that Kikyou lives next door now. While inside, she finds out that she was misinformed about the price of the trainer and is actually spending her two week paycheck on one trainer, which she must pay every week for the part of Sachii. To make matters worse, she stills has a light bill to pay. So she goes to her room and starts planning life without accomplishing her dream of becoming an actress. But she fights back against her thoughts and plans on getting a roommate to help her pay the bills.

 

Next chapter preview:

 

"Good morning." I begin. "Did you sleep well?" I usually talk in the morning. And usually, Kikyou tells me to shut up, get a life, or the ever creative "What's your problem?" But I am so used to having a roommate, it doesn't bother me to talk to myself. Especially since I have been doing it for weeks now. I reach for the Colgate and it slips out of my hand like a bar of soap. I look back up at my reflection.

 

"This is gonna be a bad day."

 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

 

Hey whats that down there!

It looks so cool

Not here but lower

And lower

And lower

And lower

See it too?

Kinda purple and says some words on it.

Hmm... Wonder what will happen when I press it..............