InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Soul of a Hanyou ❯ Reminising ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 7-Reminising

A/N-YEAH, AN INUYASHA CHAPPIE! Finally my little dog eared hanyou is in the story! This is where Inuyasha and Kayoko meet, but the chapter doesn't start out that way. Enjoy!

 

"Don't be the flower…" The hanyou could her the phrase repeated over and over in his mind. Clearer than the day it was said. "Inuyasha… Inuyasha… INUYASHA!" He woke with a startle, looking to punch whoever had woken him up so rudely, but realizing that Kagome had woken him up, he let his fists down.

Kagome-Sorry about that, but I made some Ramen, and after that last battle I thought that you could really use some.

Inuyasha-One you should be sorry, two thanks, I'm starving!

`The same Inuyasha, putting his stomach before everything else, except his pride.' Thought Kagome with her arms folded, and a smirk on her face.

As the group ate lunch, Inuyasha went into a day dreaming state once again and his mind wandered into his memories, in particular, his childhood. Suddenly, (in Inuyasha's mind) he was in the courtyard of the village he lived in with his mother. He remembered that many times before, he had tried to play ball with the other children, but since he was a half-breed they never permitted the poor child to play. It was a sunny day not very unusual, the sun was starting to set, Inuyasha noticed a strange girl walking around the village paying no attention to anyone of thing in particular simply scanning the landscape, as if just making sure no one dropped dead. Little Inuyasha's thoughts quickly turned to the elders playing a game in the courtyard and all of the spectators watching in awe as though it were some great miracle.

Inuyasha entered the circle of elders, and gestured for the ball. The elder holding the ball was about to smack him, as if it were a crime just to ask such a thing of him. Raising his hand, about to strike Little Inuyasha, suddenly appeared the strange girl that had been wandering around earlier. The girl quickly grabbed the elder's hand and twisted his wrist, as the man shouted out in pain the girl's hair quickly turned to a red sea of strands, and her humans ears disappeared, replaced by pointed ears as those of a wolf demon. "Kayoko!" cried the elder still wincing in pain from the twisting.

Kayoko-Were you about to strike this poor, innocent little hanyou?

`No one's ever protected me in such a way, besides my mother' thought Inuyasha in disbelief.

Kayoko-WERE YOU!!!???

The girl realized that the elder was in too much pain to talk, she reluctantly let go of his hand, yet still demanding an answer.

The elder-No, Kayoko. I was merely going to tell him…uh...that we were…um… playing with the ball first and…uh… he would have to wait his turn. (He said this very slowly, carefully choosing each word from his vocabulary as to make sure not to offend the girl.)

Kayoko-YOU LIE!

She backhanded the elder in the face and he fell to the ground. With that some villagers from the crowd picked him up and carried him away.

Kayoko-I'm fed up with you villagers, treating us hanyous with such disrespect. I should kill you all right here and now, but what good would that do, then there would be no hanyous left for me to defend. So you see if I kill all humans, then I `m just killing all hanyous.

There were some nods in the crowd, partly because they understood, and partly because they were too afraid to disagree with the girl. But Inuyasha couldn't believe what he was hearing, this girl that only a few minutes ago looked completely mortal was a hanyou he could smell it, just like him, but the villagers feared her. They would spit on Inuyasha and beat him, and still no justice would be done in his favor, he really liked this.

"Inuyasha?" it was Kagome. Inuyasha awoke from his dreaming.

Kagome-We're ready to get back on the road.

 

A/N-Everyone pleased with Inuyasha's role in this Fic? I am, cuz it's my story! The next one is one of my fav chappies. Merry Christmas Inuyasha!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

**^-^**CleoQueen36**^-^**

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$