InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Tsubami Tree ❯ The Tsubami Tree Legend and History ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hey guys! This is something I wrote for class and decided to post this as a one-shot! This kinda explains how Sesshoumaru's parents came together. Of course, I'll have to alter some things because I knew I couldn't just write them down as demons on the paper. Um, I also made up the mother's name because I don't know it! The history of the tree comes first, then the legend behind it. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha; Rumiko Takahashi does. I also don't own Fukai Mori; Do As Infinity does. There I said it! Happy?!

~~The Tsubami Tree~~

*History*

The name `Tsubami' means `flower bud' in Japanese. It is called so because of its abundance and variety of flowers. The common name for the Tsubami Tree is `Aijouki', which means `love tree.' Its trunk is charcoal colored and has silver leaves. The flowers are *kogane, *kurenai, *aoao, or *konpeki.

The kogane flowers have a gold powder on them that you would sprinkle on yourself to catch the eye of someone. On the kurenai flowers would be false butterflies that you would give to the one you love to show how much you care. On the aoao flowers would be "leaves" that you and your lover/mate would eat and your greatest wishes would happen.

On the konpeki flowers would be false sapphires that you would give to your lover/mate so that your love would never evaporate. It is said that if you ever sit under one of these trees with your lover/mate, then you would live a very happy life.

<><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><>

~~The Tsubami Tree~~

*Legend*

Long ago, when witches were good and kings ruled their kingdoms with loyalty and honor, was *Za Taishita Uesutan Ousama. His name was InuTashio. He was known for his generosity, great lands, and Godly looks. Not to mention his deadly fighting skills. Women fell head over heels for him and begged for his hand, but the Taishita Ousama InuTashio only had eyes for one *kijo.

Fukai Fukai mori no oku ni ima mo kitto Okizari ni shita kokoro kakushite'ru yo

She was the only one who dared look him in the eye, speak informally to him, and never asking for his hand, instead rebelling against it; things that only elders were allowed to do.

Sagasu hodo no chikara mo naku tsukarehateta Hitobito wa eien no yami ni kieru

InuTashio went to a friend's house, whom was a powerful witch, and was the best friend of his mother. He asked the powerful witch, Mayonaka, to create something to aid him in his seemingly endless journey to capture his beloved's heart.

Chisai mama nara kitto ima demo mieta ka na

"Well, *yoroshii. But ye be warned young one, if ye woo the wrong *shoujo, ye will be unable to reverse it! Do ye understand?" Mayonaka cackled when the young Youkai Ousama nodded his head vigorously.

Boku-tachi wa ikiru hodo ni Nakushite'ku sukoshi zutsu

"Very well. Now listen to my spell. If ye want her heart, then ye must go to thy meadowlark. Now pay much heed. Ye must plant this seed in your tallest weeds. It shall bloom instantly, drawing thy beloved easily.

Itsuwari ya uso wo matoi Tachisukumu koe mo naku

"The aoao flower will be devoured and thy greatest wish shall happen. The kogane flower's powder must be showered upon thy self and ye shall catch thy kijo's eye. The konpeki will have sapphires, give it to thy kijo and thy love shall never evaporate. Now give her the butterflies on the kurenai flower and ye shall live happily ever after."

Aoi aoi sora no iro mo kidzukanai mama

Mayonaka handed InuTashio the silver seed and he quickly ran home and planted it in his tallest weeds; it grew instantly.

Sugite yuku mainichi ga kawatte yuku

He waited naught but an hour, when beloved appeared under the black charcoal tree. InuTashio showered the kogane powder upon himself and was greeted happily by the beautiful maiden.

Tsukurareta wakugumi wo koe ima wo ikite

"Oh InuTashio; why don't you come and sit with me under this lovely tree!" InuTashio's kogane eyes never left her konpeki ones as he sat down next to her and discreetly ate an aoao leaf. His wish was granted and he knew her name.

Sabitsuita kokoro mata ugokidasu yo

"Why hello, Yumekijo dear. Will you wear this sapphire and keep this crimson butterfly?" InuTashio handed her the gifts and smiled at the beautiful Yumekijo.

Toki no RIZUMU wo shireba mo ichido toberu darou

Yumekijo did as InuTashio requested and, after confessing her deeply buried feelings, walked away with her soon-to-be-mate. They lived happily and had a son named Sesshoumaru, whom was pronounced the heir to the Uesutan *Ryouiki.

Boku-tachi wa samayoi nagara Ikite yuku doko made mo

Mayonaka watched these events from the shadows, pleased with her success. InuTashio's mother and her had planned this before her death. She obviously knew best. Mayonaka happily guarded the family as InuTashio's mother requested and it eventually became a tradition Mayonaka's descendents to watch over the Uesutan Ryouiki.

Shinjite'ru hikari motome arukidasu kimi to ima

Boku-tachi wa samayoi nagara Ikite yuku doko made mo Furikaeru

Michi wo tozashi aruite'ku eien ni Tachisukumu koe mo naku

Ikite yuku eien ni…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~End Legend and History~~~

^Dictionary^

Kogane-Gold

Kurenai-Crimson

Konpeki-Azure

Aoao-Bright Green

Kijo- Demoness

Shoujo-Girl

Yoroshii-Okay

Yumekijo- Dream demoness

Youkai Ousama- Demon King

Taishita Ousama-Great King

Za Taishita Uesutan Ousama-The Great Western King

Uesutan Ryouiki- Western Territory

^Dictionary End^

Hope you enjoyed this. Please be kind and review so I can make my works better.

Ja ne!

Silver Wolf the Writer and Shiezu the Shadow Cat