InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Unexpected Gift of Destiny ❯ Thoughts and Revelations ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~A/N: Before I go on with the story, I would just like to say thank you for the following reviewers and here are my responses to them:

lil_angel: Thank you for your advice! I promise I'll go for it! Thank you also for the compliment and for reviewing! By the way, I wish you good luck with your story too! ^__^

Stormy Nights Rainy Days: I'm glad to know that you love my story! Thank you for reviewing! I really appreciate it!

Ajanasha: Thank you for reviewing! I hope you'll like the next future chapters!

DemiGoddess: Thank you for reviewing! Also for rating my story! I really appreciate it! ^__^ I hope you'll continue reading! Wish you like it!

Well, that's it! Thank you very much for reading and reviewing! Now that's over with, let's go on with the next chappie! Thoughts and Revelations…~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Two figures stood in the forest staring at each other in disbelief. One was a human girl, the other a demon. They were none other than the miko, Kagome and Sesshoumaru, the Lord of the Western lands. After the so-called incident, both of the two kept silent in shock, realizing the dire consequences of each other.

"Miko!" Sesshoumaru said breaking the deafening silence around them. "What is this?!? It's as if we're bonded together. What spell did you put over me?"

This time, instead of keeping quiet, Kagome spoke.

"Well, you see I was cursed, but I didn't understood it fully until now. I will be bonded to the first person I speak to. . . and I guess you are that person. . ."

After finishing what she said, both of them again kept silent thinking over her words. . .

*Kagome's POV *

`I can't believe this! I don't WANT to believe this! Me? Bonded to a cold-hearted killer. . . Oh my God! I don't want to know what he's thinking right now. . . especially if it would include torturing or killing me! Eeeepp! But wait a minute! We're bonded right? That means he can't kill me, because he'll also end up killing himself! At least, that's an advantage! Dammn youkai! I can't believe he cursed me! And what luck, that to all people to get bonded to, the person I got is Sesshoumaru! Grreeaattt!'

*Sesshoumaru's POV *

`Dammn wench! If only I had known of this, then I would have killed her at first sight! I can't leave her here. If something happens to her, then it will also happen to me. If she dies, I too will die. Dammn it! I wonder if she truly is the one that gave off that powerful energy earlier. Maybe a test should be in order. . . After all the trouble she caused me, I'll see just how powerful this bitch is!"

"Miko! We are leaving!"

"Huh. . . where?"

"To my fortress."

"Bu. . .but. . I can't. . . I . . ."

"Human!" Sesshoumaru said, cutting her off.

"I did not give you any choice! We are leaving!"

Kagome was again about to protest, but decided against it. Besides, she can't go back to Inuyasha now. . .not after what she saw. And so, while bearing a heavy heart, the miko trailed off behind the demon lord, uttering one single word.

"Sayonara. . ."

*~*~*~*~*

Meanwhile, back to the clearing, Inuyasha bid farewell to Kikyo, when he heard a whisper coming form the wind.

. . .Sayonara. . .

`Ka. . . Kagome? Was that Kagome's voice? But that's impossible! She's back at her own time. . .unless. . .unless. . .'

The hanyou then sniffed worriedly at the air, and was surprised to smell Kagome's scent in it.

`Did she saw me with Kikyo? Oh shit! I'd better go find her!'

And so, the troubled hanyou went to get his companions, the tayija, the monk, and the young kitsune, in order to start searching for her.

*~*~*~*~*

When nighttime came, the traveling miko became very exhausted, due to the continuous walking throughout the forest. The fear of her youkai companion, was the reason she couldn't confide on him. But after hours of such a pain-killing journey, she couldn't take it anymore. Hoping and praying she wouldn't get hurt, she cautiously talked to the youkai.

"Um. . . Sess. . .Seshoumaru-sama. . . um. . . can we rest? After all, it's nighttime, and I can't go on without it. I am human after all, and not a powerful youkai like yourself."

She carefully looked up, not wanting to see the demon Lord's face. Crimson gold eyes met her midnight blue ones. For a moment, they stood there together like that, staring obliviously at each other. After what seemed like an eternity, Sesshoumaru looked away from her alluring eyes.

"Humans. What, helpless, pitiful creatures they are!" he stated, while walking away.

He then sat in front of an old tree, his arms crossed majestically, with his eyes closed. Kagome took this as a sign of approval. She inwardly celebrated, because she can finally rest. She walked away from the demon lord, intending to give a certain distance between them. But this surprised her, because as she walked away, she didn't moved in her place.

At first, she thought she was just imaging it, because she was too tired form traveling. So again, she tried. But to her dismay, it wasn't her imagination but reality. She struggled to move her feet forward, but sill failed nonetheless.

Sensing the human girl's alarm, the taiyoukai opened his eyes to see the miko fighting to move forward. It was quite silly really. For he saw her trying her best to move, when all she was doing was stomping on the same ground.

"Miko! What are you doing? You said you need rest, but as I can see, you still have the energy to play such foolish games. I guess I should take this as a sign, that we can move on."

"NO!" Kagome blurted out.

"What?!"

"I mean, yes I need rest, but it's just that. . .I. . .I can't move."

"That. . .is stupid! That's what feet are for, is it not? So why don't you just move them forward?" he said, at the same time, standing up to walk away from the foolish human.

For the second time that day, the great inu-youkai was surprised to what happened next. For he too, couldn't move an inch forward. Clearly not showing his dread and surprise, he struggled to whatever bond that holds unto him. Until finally, he grew tired and spoke with words that were lace with coldness, mingling with his voice just like it did a while ago.

"Human! Your foolishness has attached itself unto me. . . stop this nonsense now, or I'll be forced to hurt you little by little, even if you and I are cursed!"

". . .Cursed. . ." echoed Kagome.

After again hearing that dreaded word, the utterance given to her by the demon came back to her mind and she said,

"It. . .it's not my fault! I guess. . .I guess. . .this is also part of my curse. . ."

"Nani?!?"

"Ha. . .Hai! Not only will I be bonded to the first person I speak to, but only in a certain distance, will I and the bonded one can be seperated. . ." finished off Kagome.

Sesshoumaru's eyes turned into golden slits after hearing those words. Kagome now trembled with fear, for she was sure, that he will definitely hurt her. Her thoughts were judged wrongly though, because the taiyoukai went back to the tree he was resting in.

Kagome sighed to her relief, as she walked away as far as her curse can allow her. And there, she closed her eyes, letting the darkness consume her and leading her to a tired and weary sleep. . .

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~A/N: Well that's it! Hope you guys like it! Please review! Remember, comments, suggestions and questions are always welcome! Until then! Ja ne! ^__^~

~chibi-chan100~