InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Unexpected ❯ Reunion ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or any of the characters in the Inuyasha cast. In this story, Kisa is not the Kisa from Fruits Basket. I'm just using the name. But the story line in this story is all my idea, to anyone who may make or have made any similar stories is by coincidence.
 
Chapter Fourteen:
 
“Kagome?” a soft voice called from behind her. She tensed up and her eyes went wide and hard. She knew who it was, immediately. Forgetting that voice was like forgetting to breath.
 
She looked at her friends in front of her, who all were staring at the source of the voice, before she turned around to face the person behind her.
 
Everybody in the room was confused to no end. Who the hell was this? And why was Kagome so…tense all of a sudden. The way her face changed to so many expressions in only a few seconds didn't seem healthy.
 
Kagome didn't know how to react. Confused? Sad? Surprised? Angry? It took every fiber in her being not to shake, not break down from everything. This was over the top. Her brother was killed, stuff was happening between her and Inuyasha that neither of them could explain, and now this?
 
The man gave her a soft and helpless smile when she finally faces him. “My god, you've grown.” It was practically a whisper.
 
“What are you doing here?” Kagome snapped. This was only making harder for her. She couldn't believe he was here. In the flesh. He didn't look any different. His face was just as soft as ever and his hair was a little grayer but nothing different otherwise. This was the one person she had longed to ask `why?' to. Even though she already knew; she wanted to hear him say it. Something she wasn't expecting to ever get a chance to do. For eight years. And now he was here.
 
Her father.
 
His face fell at her tone. She confronted him the only way she knew how. She was angry, hurt, infuriated. He knew why and he knew he deserved it. He was just hoping she would be more…open. “Well I…” he looked at her stare. It was hard. He hoped this only towards him and not what seemed to be her friends around her…or Souta. “I heard.”
 
Kagome took a glimpse at the news, assuming that how he did. He noticed this. “No, I've known about this for a few days now.” He sounded defeated.
 
Inuyasha knew who he was. The moment he got a good look at his eyes. They were identical. This had to be her father. She resembled him extremely. It seemed that most of them had an idea. It was resemblance that gave it away. Kagome wasn't aware of them at the moment though.
 
“You've keeping tabs on me?” Her eyes flared. If he wanted to know how she and Souta were doing then he could've come to see them in person! He had no right! At least that's how she felt.
 
“And your brother.” He corrected her.
 
“You had—“
“I only did so because I just wanted to make sure you two were ok.” He knew what she was going to tell him.
Her eyes narrowed. “If you wanted to make sure we were ok, you shouldn't have left!” She practically hissed.
“Kagome, I know. I'm sorry. I made a mistake but—“
“So what did you expect, exactly, when you showed up here?”
“Nothing…really. It was just that…when I found out…I wanted to…make sure you were ok and pay my respects.” He was uncomfortable.
“So you flew half way across the world, after eight years without so much as birthday card, to, all of a sudden, pay your respects to a boy that you barely know and make sure I was ok on a whim?” She summed it up with a disgusted voice. Inuyasha, who was closest to her, leaned away in his chair. He couldn't believe the anger radiating off her. There no doubt the rest of the group could feel it too. Bankotsu, on the other hand, decided it was time to step in…or, at least, try to.
 
“Um, Kagome? Maybe you should take this in the other room…” he whispered loudly.
 
She looked at her friend; he couldn't help but the amount of hurt and confusion in her eyes. This was all way too hard for her. Even she wasn't strong enough. “No. No I don't think so. He chose the station-where I work-“ she pointed out, mostly out to her father. “to show up unexpectedly. If he wanted this to be private he could've showed up at my door step.” She turned and looked at him, “Not that I would've let him in.” Her father winced at her voice.
 
This wasn't the Kagome he remembered. His baby girl was always smiling and trying to make others happy. She always gave someone a second chance if they made a mistake. She was his bundle of joy. What happened? He wasn't expecting her to welcome him with open arms but he didn't think she would be so harsh. But then again, that was before he left, and before her mother died…and before she lost her brother…his son.
 
“Kagome, he was my son, I couldn't just pretend that the two of you didn't exist.”
 
“Why not? You've been doing a good job at it for quite awhile now.”
 
“Kagome, I think you're taking this—“ Bankotsu tried another attempt but was brutally interrupted.
“Stay out of this!” she snapped.
 
That's when the man got a good look at Bankotsu. Boy, had he grown as well. Last he saw him his voice was just a squeak. Now here they were, all grown up. And detectives. He frowned and looked at his feet when he realized he most likely wouldn't be able to get have a heart-to-heart with his daughter.
 
“Well?” Kagome looked back him when he didn't answer her previous question.
 
“Kagome, I wasn't pretending you didn't exist. I am your father and—“
 
“No!” She disagreed, “You gave up that title the day you walked out that door!”
 
Rin gasped, “Kagome…” she couldn't believe she said that. None of them could've. Especially Bankotsu. When they were little,Kagome's father was her hero. He never thought she would even consider him as anything but.
 
Without waiting for a response from him she turned to grab her coat. She had to get out of there. She could feel the weight of this all beginning to crush her. “Now Kagome that's not fair!” the middle aged man's voice rose. That really hurt.
 
This made her stop abruptly. She turned with a shocked expression before it turned defensive once again. “Fair?” She couldn't believe he said that. “Who said anything about life being fair!” She noticed her voice crack as it rose in volume. “Is it fair that I had to go from 13 to 30 in a matter of days? Is it fair that I had to watch my mother die without my fathers shoulder to lean on? Is it fair that while everybody else was going to parties and the prom and school games, having fun, I was at home taking care of my brother and what left of mom or working to pay off the hospital debts?” A tear streaked down her cheek as she yelled at him. “Is it fair that my brother is dead!” She yelled, her voice cracking once again.
 
When it suddenly got quiet a cell phone rang. Hers. She picked it up from her desk as she wiped her face to make sure it was dry. She couldn't cry. Not now. Not in front of him. “Hello?” she answered softly. After a few seconds she glances at Inuyasha that told him to get his coat. “We'll be there in five.” She hung up the phone and grabbed her coat while informing Inuyasha, “They found the car.” before looking at the man in front of her. His face was in shock, hurt, and regret all at the same time. “If you'll excuse me,” she brushed past him. “I have a case to solve.”
 
Author's Note: I know, I know, total drama! Well I don't have anything else to say. So…mk, well there it was, hope you liked it. Let me know!