InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Weaver of Fate ❯ Prisoner ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1: Prisoner

She watched the brown dog as it sniffed the remains of the once beautiful shrine. The dog nosed a board and dug beneath it. It pulled something from the hole. From her place in the only building not completely destroyed, she watched the dog gulp down the chunk of bread. Kagome licked her lips as the dog chewed the hard bread, saliva dripping down its muzzle. The dog stopped and it’s angular ears pitched toward a sound she could not hear. The mutt turned and fled, tail between its legs at some unseen threat. Her little hands clutched the picture of her family.

“Ah a survivor. Hey Master Naraku we have a little girl hiding beneath the remains of this roof.” a pair of clawed hands pulled the little girl out from under the hazardous structure. Her grubby hands held the picture, threatening to tear from the force of the grip.

“Well good Koga place her with the other kids.” the man named Koga lifted the very frightened Kagome up to face him. His clear blue eyes held deep sadness for the poor girl. His dusty brown hair waved in the dying breeze. He held her in his arms and gently carried her to the cage drawn by human slaves.

“It’s okay little one. You’ll go to a new home. With food and water.” Koga’s sad smile returned knowing something the little girl did not. He opened the locked door of the cage and placed her in. She held the photo to her chest. The two other kids inside huddled in a corner, their clothes torn and dirty. Kagome pulled at the torn shit and pants. The blank stares of the children scared her and she didn’t want to be here. Suddenly she broke out crying for her mom. One of the demons guarding the slaves beat the cage with the stick he was carrying. The three kids jumped and Kagome stopped her torrent of tears, fearing for her and the others life.

“Take these three to the farm. And search the other part of this town later.” a man’s oily voice said. Kagome’s brown eyes saw the tall dark man stride to the man Koga and hand him an odd shaped package. “Take this to the king and tell him I found it among the ruins of a shrine.” the strangers piercing stare caused the little kids to shrink back against the rusted bars of the cage.

“Yes my lord.” the three demons and the blue eyed man bowed. The dark one turned and vanished among the ruins. One of the demons hit the slaves with the sticks and the cage slowly inched forward heading towards the village gate. The photo was held tightly to Kagome’s chest. Her family had died and her house gone all before she turned five.

***12 years later***

The young woman known as Kagome lay in the pen marked as her own. She had been training for work as a female slave, cooking, cleaning and sewing among other disgusting jobs such as being a love slave for some high and mighty lord. At the current moment she had attacked a demon and was chained by her neck to the ring above her. He sides hurt and her face was untouched yet bruises formed on her chest and legs. The guards had maliciously beat her and thrown her in this tiny cell with muddy water and moldy bread. The light beneath the door occasionally flickered as a guard or slave walked by.

“Master I don’t understand why you want to see the slaves down here.” an unfamiliar voice said beyond the steel door. Kagome instantly got to her feet and began beating on the door; snarling and spitting like a mad cat. The collar cut her neck drawing blood as she struggled vainly to get loose.

“Hush, Miroku. I want to see the slave behind that door.” a new voice, young and silky.

“Yes Prince InuYasha.” the guard’s familiar voice came to her. She struggled harder her voice raw from snarling. She stopped to take a breath. The steel door groaned as it was pulled opened and bright light caused Kagome to drop to the ground covering her eyes. She hissed and growled at the offender. “She’s in here for attacking a guard, nearly killed him too.”

She risked a glance and saw one of the guards who had beat her. Instantly her strength returned and she leapt at him, forgetting the restraining collar. The collar pulled her back to the ground causing a new cut to form in her once silky black hair. Her eyes focused on the strangers silver hair and amber eyes before she succumbed to the swirling darkness. Her last thought was of killing the guard and escaping.

The guard glanced at the unconscious girl and gave her a vicious kick, when she didn’t move he came closer and moved her closer to the ring of the chain.

“Her, I want her,” InuYasha said smelling the fear from the guard. She would be perfect.

“Her?” the guard asked taken aback. InuYasha nodded and turned towards the exit. The purple clad slave followed glancing back at the bloody girl. The guard was stunned. He looked at his lord and back down at the battered slave.