InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The word "until" ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

WARNING: Spoilers for manga chapter 494!!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Disclaimer: Inuyasha belongs to Rumiko Takahashi, but she said I could borrow him to play with. Yay!
 
 
 
“How about until the battle with Naraku is over you just stay here?”
 
Kagome lay restless in her bed, thinking about Inuyashas words. He had returned to the warring era after all, since her family came home. Even if he was welcome to stay Kagome knew he needed solitude right now.
 
...he had a lot to think of, and so did she.
 
Kagome turned to lay on her side, ending up staring at her new bedmate; her bow. Or Kikyos bow. Or the bow that was supposed to save Kikyo, but didn't.
 
She wondered if Inuyasha would have come to her if she already had brought the bow along. But it was no use thinking of things like that. There was no answer.
 
“How about until the battle with Naraku is over you just stay here?”
 
It was something in the wording that struck a chord inside Kagome, some hidden message she quite couldn't catch. Inuyasha was just worried she'd end up dead, like Kikyo, wasn't he? He just wanted her safe. But she wouldn't be left behind! No, she would stay with them all, and besides, she had promised Kikyo!
 
Determined to sleep, Kagome pushed all those thoughts aside.
 
She never realised Inuyasha by that sentence had displayed all his emotions and future plans for her. His want to keep her safe somewere until - UNTIL - the situation was changed, solved. His want for her to be away from him until he was sure the place were he intended to keep her, the place he saw as their home, was safe.
 
Perhaps it was a good thing. If Kagome ever had realised, she would have felt really stupid. Because she responded his caring suggestion by accusing him of wanting to go to a hot spring with Miroku and Sango.
 
Inuyasha really couldn't be blamed if he sometimes muttered “Kagome no baka!”.