InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Therapy of Each Other ❯ Training ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: thank you for all the reviews! OMG! But I can't stop writing. Concerning the if Kagome got shot in the forehead she would have been dead instantly. I got the idea for this story from the movie “Regarding Henry” and Kagome is going through what Harrison Ford's character went through. He got shot in the forehead and woke up a vegetable, but as the movie goes on he progresses and stuff. So I'm basing Kagome's condition off that. I can't find the movie to explain hoe he survived though… but oh well. On with the story:
 
 
Chapter 4: Training.
 
 
Inuyasha patiently waited in the empty room full of gym equipment and therapy machines. He crossed his arms. How did he end up like this? Two women spot him sympathy feeding a girl and they act like it's the end of the world unless he's the one to do it all the time. He shivered at the thought of being her physical therapist. But he shrugged. She did develop a nice body. But he shivered.
 
“Eww, gross! I'll pretend that thought did not cross my mind.”
 
Finally a young man around his age came in wearing dark blue sweats. He walked up to Inuyasha and nodded,
 
“I am Houshi Miroku. And you must be Inuyasha.”
 
Inuyasha stood with his arms crossed and grumbled. Miroku rose a brow and sighed. Kaede warned him Inuyasha could be reluctant. Miroku politely smiled and said,
 
“I will train you in the basics of physical therapy, Sango with teach you how to be a tutor. First…”
 
“…What the hell makes you think I'm going to do this?”
 
Inuyasha growled. Miroku showed no intimidation. He just coolly answered,
 
“Because your parole officer and Kaede-san said that you finally caused Kagome to have a response. Very rare this early of recovery. Comas are devastating and…”
 
“I don't care! Look I don't like the girl ok?”
 
Miroku sighed,
 
“But it looks like you don't have much of a choice in the matter, so just let us begin. Miroku reached into his bag and pulled out 5 large books. Inuyasha grumbled.
 
“You expect me to read those?”
 
Miroku smiled,
 
“Yep, every single one.”
 
Inuyasha turned around,
 
“Screw that!”
 
Miroku set them down beside him.
 
“I'll give you week and a half to read them all. Then we'll begin on my favorite part,”
 
Miroku looked dreamy,
 
“Hands on training. I love to work on young girls, such firmness, like Kagome… Now THERE `s a body I enjoy to...”
 
Inuyasha grunted.
 
“What's the purpose of this anyway?”
 
“It's to keep the muscles from atrophying, they will wear themselves down, soon it would be too late and the person can't move those muscles. But stretching them and flexing their limbs and essentials, it strengths their muscles so they won't atrophy, also making them strong enough to maybe learn how to function normally again. It is a very important job and Kagome gets really moody during her therapy.”
 
Inuyasha scuffed,
 
“Typical”
 
Miroku rose a brow before continuing,
 
“But first on your schedule is to feed Kagome, then I continue book training you till 11am when I do her physical training. You can sit in and watch if you like…”
 
Inuyasha was taken back a bit,
 
“Woah woah woah! Since when am I the one that feeds her?”
 
“Since you are the only one that can feed her.”
 
He sighed. He shouldn't have done that.
 
 
__________________ ______________________
 
 
Inuyasha reluctantly entered Kagome's room with a tray of food.
 
“You stupid wench. You…”
 
He continued as he slammed the food down on the tray table by her side. She looked at the painting on the wall. Inuyasha fell into the chair and slouched.
 
“You little wench. Is this a little act or something? Trick them to make me miserable?
 
Kagome continued to look at the painting. Inuyasha growled and said,
 
“Let's just get this over with.”
 
He scooped up some oatmeal and held it up. Finally she slowly reverted her eyes to him and opened her mouth. Inuyasha paused for a moment and thought as he delicately fed her,
 
`You are under my control. You are helpless without me… maybe this will be fun! Ha! You will pay for this dearly, Jajauma!'
 
For the first time since he was here, she had some life in her eyes. She had been a hopeless vegetable for near a month. What did he do that was so special? He was careful to make sure none of it spelt.
 
“You are utterly pathetic. How dare you! You know they made me your physical trainer and tutor? All because of this you little wench! Why me?! Huh? Don't you have any memory of me?”
 
She just gave him a puzzled looked and continued eating from him. Inuyasha just sat there and fed her.
 
“I should just let you starve.”
 
 
_____________________ ____
 
 
Inuyasha sat in the chair reading one of the books Miroku gave him. Usually it took a few years to do what they volunteered him to do for Kagome and was most unusual they were laying on him such a delicate task. He would wince, shiver and scrunch his face to some of the things he'd have to do to Kagome. Then there was a knock on the door. He sighed a Sango yelled through,
 
“It's time, come watch.”
 
Inuyasha slammed the book loudly on the tray and stormed into Kagome's room where Miroku waited for him. Kagome was just lying there as usual. Miroku rolled out a futon onto the floor.
 
“Ah, Inuyasha, nice to see you again.”
 
“Keh!”
 
Miroku sighed and looked at Kagome, who blankly stared out into the window at the beautiful trees changing color. Miroku gentley smiled at her, a glint in his eye that made Inuyasha wonder. Miroku scooped Kagome up. Inuyasha had only seen her under the covers till now. The gown she wore bore most of her legs. He raised his brow a bit. Kagome squirmed a bit. Miroku carried her over to the futon.
 
“It's time to keep this nice looking body to stay nice. Behave sweetie.”
 
Kagome rolled her head over to finally see Inuyasha. Miroku gently lay her on the futon. Kagome just blankly stared in the direction of Inuyasha. Miroku looked over to Inuyasha,
 
“Come on over, I may need some of your help.”
 
With a growl, Inuyasha walked over and plopped himself at Kagome's side. Miroku sighed as Inuyasha growled at Kagome,
 
“Who are you staring at?”
 
Kagome had no response, but whined a bit as Miroku brought her knee up to her chest and leaned in on it a bit.
 
“Hmmm, feels like Sango shaved your legs this morning. And brushed your hair! You look so nice today…”
 
Miroku talked gently to Kagome as if she were a small child. Inuyasha sneered. Did he have to do that? Miroku spread her legs and straighten one out. Miroku slyly smiled and said in a smooth voice,
 
“As tempting as it is, don't look down between her legs and try to modestly cover her… She doesn't wear any underwear.”
 
Inuyasha totally freaked out, he was grossed out, but growled,
 
“I don't want to!”
 
Miroku nodded and gently pressed on of her straightened legs toward her shoulder. She began to groan and cringe a bit. Inuyasha asked, almost with pleasure,
 
“Is it painful?”
 
Miroku tilted his head a bit and sighed,”
 
“A little maybe, but more likely it's just a slight discomfort. She had been in comatose for almost 4 months… That is a bit of a while not to move, so it may be a little discomforting, but this will make her body stronger.”
 
With a few more stretches of the legs, he asked Inuyasha,
 
“Can you please lean her against you? I usually use the wall, but you are a bit more comfortable.”
 
Inuyasha sneered at him,
 
“I much rather not.”
 
“Com'on Inuyasha, She needs our help. Whether you like her or not doesn't matter. It is our job to get her better. You now are a huge part in her recovery, so learn to deal with it! Now lean her up against you.”
 
Inuyasha angrily, but gently sat up by her head and pulled her between his legs, her back to him so she would face Miroku. She was as limp as a rag doll and her head slumped foreword.
 
“Inuyasha, please hold her head up straight.”
 
Inuyasha grunted as he held her head up straight wile Miroku worked on her arms. Inuyasha, as awful as it was, he studied Miroku, but noticed something about Kagome, She was pushing herself against him. Miroku noticed.
 
“She really likes you. What is the Matter with you? Sango told me you knew her in real life. Is there something bad against you?”
 
Inuyasha sighed,
 
“I've hated Kagome since 3rd grade. She was the chubbier girl in the grade, Major nerd. It seemed natural as the most popular guy to pick on her. She would try to fight back, which made it all the more fun. It got worst as we got older… for both of us. We hated eachother so much. Last time I saw her in 8th grade she was chubby, glasses, braces, acne… She was so gross. But I didn't see her for a year since I was in high school and her in her last year of middle school. The night she got shot was the first time I saw her like… This…”
 
He smirked,
 
“Let me tell you, it was hard to pick on her… but there is so much pent up from the past, it's like it's in my blood to despise her and make her like hell… unfortunately this happened first… and now it's HER turn to make my life a living hell.”
 
Inuyasha scoffed. Miroku continued on Kagome's arms as he said,
 
“I see, so you were her school bully.”
 
“Yah.”
 
Miroku chuckled,
 
“I guess what comes around goes around, ne?”
 
Inuyasha growled. Miroku then said,
 
“Well, think of this as a new start… take yourself out of it and think about her. She's not exactly in the shape to be bullied and for some odd reason she has taken a really big liking to you, which is a big deal.”
 
“Keh!”
 
Miroku then laughed,
 
“It may be those ears of yours.”
 
Inuyasha glared at him, but Miroku continued,
 
“Look at her now… She's different… you are probably different. I think this is a good time to start over. What happened in the past is gone and over. She needs your help… And I think you may need her's.”
 
“Huh? What's supposed to mean?”
 
Miroku sighed as he scooped Kagome out of Inuyasha's arms and carried her back into bed,
 
“What I'm saying is I think you may need eachother.”
 
After tucking her back in, her eyes not leaving Inuyasha.
 
“Look at that. You are the only person she responds too. Inuyasha, I think it's time you put your hatred behind you because it will do neither of you good, besides, what the point anymore?”
 
Inuyasha stared into Kagome's lost eyes. Maybe Miroku was right, this wasn't Kagome Higurashi… not the real one… But he shook it off and looked to Miroku.
 
“Keh!”
 
Miroku sighed and looked at the chart.
 
“Well, like it or not, her next feeding is in an hour”
 
Inuyasha growled and started to storm out of the room.
 
“This is bull…”
 
“Inuyasha! Enough!”
 
Kaede caught him at the door, Sango close behind. They eyed him.
 
“Inuyasha, you better rethink all of this.”
 
Kaede said. Inuyasha scoffed. Sango stepped forward,
 
“Come Inuyasha, time to train you how to be her tutor.”
 
Inuyasha dragged himself behind Sango.
 
 
___________________ __________
 
Inuyasha sat and watched as after Kagome's feeding, she was propped up and Sango sat cross legged on the bed, a tray between them with blocks and cards. Inuyasha dully sat and watched as Sango patiently held up card and explained to them what they were, they were numbers. Inuyasha sighed,
 
“She's not listening.”
 
Sango looked over to Inuyasha,
 
“How do you know? Besides, even if she isn't, when you talk to them it helps stimulate their brain. So it is good to do.”
 
Inuyasha watched in boredom as Kagome just looked pass her to the wall. He then said,
 
“So my job as a tutor is to sit in front of her and just babble to her useless crap?”
 
Sango glared,
 
“No, your job is to stimulate her brain and if there is any progress, you soon will be teaching her numbers, characters, shapes, colors, ect.”
 
“Oh, so I'm her preschool and primary school teacher. Great. Don't I need a license?”
 
Sango explained.
 
“A real teacher works with her, it's up to you to continue to work on the exercises the teacher is teaching her.”
 
“Keh! This is useless!”
 
Sango thought in her head,
 
“Maybe not.”
 
 
______________________ _ _______________ _ ____________________ _ ________________
 
 
A/N: hehehe, hope you liked it. Longer chapter! Next chapter is when he starts to actually train her… let's see what happens… I'm just trying to avoid the biggest mistake I have in all my stories… Him falling for her to fast. I'm gonna have to prevent that from happening somehow… Even with Miroku's inspirational speech. If there was any typos, please forgive them… once or twice during spelled check I okied spellings for unwanted words… Yeesh. Till next time, Kudos!