InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There I Was ❯ How hard is it not to sneeze? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

There I Was

Chapter Four: How hard can it be not to sneeze?

 

{Disclaimer: If you've forgotten, check Chapter One, because I've already said: I don't own Inuyasha and never will.}

 

Author's Note: Thanks for all the reviews again. This fic could never be what it is without all you good people. About the wire thing, I'm taking a wild, probably wrong guess that it existed back then. Reasoning: barbed wire was invented in 1867, so I'm thinking that regular wire was around before then. And sorry for not posting yesterday, I've been so busy. Gomen! Okay, other than that I hope you enjoy. Ja.

-Flame

 

_-*~=~*~=~*-_

 

I walked through my halls thinking about how childish that wench was. She was such a brat this morning. Here I thought I'd only have to deal with Rin and her moods, now I have this crazy wench as well. Only she was worse than Rin. Is it really safe to leave my poor defenseless Rin all alone with her?

It should be. She's smart, as much as I hate to say, even more than I. She's from the future though, so shouldn't she be wiser than I am? Her whole explanation on this "science" was proof enough of that. Yes, I believe my little Rin will be safe with her. One problem solved, so many yet to deal with.

I need to tell Jaken about the gathering and to find a female to put it together. Kami, I don't want to deal with this right now. All those hoards of women begging to enter my castle and put together this gathering just to come near me. Sometimes I believe my looks are more of a curse rather than a blessing. Now is not the time to be thinking of that though.

I opened the door to my study and sat at my desk. Now is the time to be thinking of all these papers and documents I have yet to go over. I looked down at the pile on my desk and sighed inwardly. This was truly going to take forever. Or is it? I stood from my desk and looked out the window. I need to patrol my lands and get the paper work done…but how to do so? "Jaken." I called and smirked as the little toad scrambled in seconds later.

"Y-yes milord?"

"I need to patrol my lands. See that this paper work gets done."

"Yes, milord." He bowed as I walked past him. This works quite well. Jaken, being as loyal as he is, will tell me any information I need to know, while ignoring the rest. I walked out of my castle and took a deep breath of the clean forest air. My stress level is already lowering as I begin my long walk.

I'll patrol as much as I can before lunch and then return to patrol the rest before dinner. I may stop by one of the villages and check if there are any females there good enough to prepare for the gathering. I doubt it, but it's worth a look. I closed my eyes as I walked among the trees and forest creatures. Why has my life gotten so complicated?

I remember just a while ago how my mother and father would take me out here for picnics and such for no reason at all. We were so happy, why did he have to go and ruin it all? I sighed and opened my eyes. It felt good to be alone again. Even when I'm working in my study there's always a servant or two cleaning or something.

Looking ahead I noticed a small village about a mile or two away and my pace quickened. I wanted to get in and out as fast as I could. As I approached I noticed an abundance of flowers. When I got close enough to see their details I noticed they were woven into different shapes. One was a cat, a dog, and there were even some in the shapes of people.

I think I just found some one to help decorate for the gathering. I entered the small village and noticed a large mass of humans surrounding a single hut. This must be where the creator of the flower sculptures is. Either that or a poor deformed human surrounded by people who point and laugh. Humans are such immature creatures.

I pushed my way through the crowed and found it was indeed the hut of the flower sculptor. It was a female, as it should be; any man sculpting flowers should be killed. She had long raven hair pulled back in a low ponytail and wore a plain blue kimono with embroidered flowers on it. I watched as she placed a few flowers on a wire cage. This is truly art and will have the other lords talking for a while. "Excuse me."

The woman looked up at me with a smile on her face. "May I help you?"

"I would like it if you would decorate my house for a gathering that will be held there."

"I would be honored Sesshoumaru-sama." She smiled and stood from her work. "Please allow me to follow you back to your castle so I may get an idea on how to decorate it."

"Of course." I turned and began walking back. I felt her follow me and sighed inwardly. How is it I am constantly surrounded by females? I had better not patrol the rest of my lands. The human could get hurt. And we wouldn't want that to happen now would we? Maybe this woman could teach Rin a few feminine things. Kami knows that wench knows nothing about being a female.

We soon returned to my castle in silence, as I like it to be. When we entered though, we were bombarded with noise. Kami! If I shove pieces of glass in my ears do you think it'll make the bleeding stop? I walked up to the source of the noise and growled. It was that wench! Could she be any louder?

I slammed open the door to the library and I felt my hard won mask slip a bit. My eye twitched as I watched the two sitting in the middle of the room playing a game. A game for Kami's sake! The wench was supposed to be teaching Rin not playing games with her! Rin looked up from the game and smiled widely.

"Sesshoumaru-sama! I missed you!" Did she just say I? I blinked at Rin as she hugged my leg. She did, didn't she?

"Rin, come back here. We still have a lot to work on." The wench stood up and walked over. I glared at her and growled.

"What do you think you are doing? I told you to teach Rin, not play games with her."

"I am teaching her. I've found the best way to teach children is to make it fun for them. This is a game I played with my little brother when he had the same problem as Rin." I looked over the wench's shoulder and looked at the game.

I consisted of a board with squares and two pieces of paper on two different squares. On the squares were little directions telling the player to say a sentence and depending on the answer move up a few spaces forward or back. "Don't be mad at Kagome-sensei, Sesshoumaru-sama. She made learning fun for I." I heard the wench `tisk' and Rin looked at her,

"It's `me' Rin. `She made learning fun for me.' Now you're going to have to go back five spaces."

"No! I didn't know we were still playing! That's not fair!"

"We're always playing Rin. This game continues forever."

"Sorry Sesshoumaru-sama. Ri---I have to go back to learning now." Rin hugged my leg again and ran back over to the game.

"Excuse me, Sesshoumaru-sama." I turned and looked at the trembling servant. Ah, the smell of fear, how I love it so.

"Yes?"

"Lunch is ready."

"Set an extra place for today."

"H-hai." The servant nodded and walked off rather hurriedly. I turned back to the wench and Rin.

"Come, lunch is ready."

"Yaye! I'm hungry!" Rin yelled and ran past me and down the hall. The wench rose slowly and the three of us began walking to the dinning hall.

"Excuse me, but my I ask your name?" The flower woman smiled at the wench and nodded.

"It's Senkako."

"Really…" I smelt sadness coming from the wench and looked at her in the corner of my eyes. She looked as if she was about to cry. Why? I'll never understand this woman. "That's a really great name. Mine's Kagome. It's nice to meet you.

"It's nice to meet you too."

"What do you do for a living?"

"I make sculptures out of flowers. And you?"

"I'm a doctor, but right now I'm teaching Rin."

"It seems like a fun job."

"You'd think that wouldn't you." She mumbled. The flower woman didn't hear her, but I did and nearly growled. This wench seems to make me do that quite often. Does she not like teaching Rin? Why? Does she not like Rin in general? How dare she not like teaching my Rin.

We walked through the open doors and sat at the table with Rin. Servants entered and placed platters in front of us and soon left. The wench had better eat lunch. I will not stand for her wasting good food that others could eat. I watched as Rin began eating and the two women continue talking. I'll never understand that either.

How can two people just sit and talk about meaningless things? Thank Kami I'm not a woman. I began eating my rice as I noticed a quick panic look in the wench's eyes. The flower woman picked up the pepper and the wench went crazy, not that she hadn't already.

"Sen-chan, can you wait until I leave the table before you shake that?" She asked getting up. "You see I'm allergic to pepper, and I really don't want to sneeze right now." The wench began walking to the other side of the room as the flower woman began putting pepper on her food. So the wench was allergic to pepper…and it makes her sneeze…maybe if she sneezes again, she'll go back to her own time? I smirked at my plan as she returned to her seat.

I reached for my glass of water and "accidentally" knocked the pepper over and sent the offending spice towards her. She got that panicked look in her eyes again and tried to run from her seat. It was no use, the pepper hit her and she began inhaling quickly.

She was trying to stop it. Trying to stop the unavoidable. She closed her eyes and moved her hands to cover her nose and then it happened. That small little sneeze sounded like music to my ears. I closed my eyes and kept myself from smiling. I could hardly wait.

When I open my eyes, the wench will be gone. Poof! She will be back to her own time where they can deal with her. I opened my eyes and nearly growled. She was still here! What had gone wrong? I got her to sneeze, so why is she still here? Looking horrified no less.

Horrified…? "What is wrong?" I glared at her.

"Gomen…Sesshoumaru, I'm so, so sorry."

"What are you talking about?"

"Your hair…" The flower woman said with a look of disbelief in her eyes.

"And your clothes…" Rin added. I glared at the women and stood. I shook my head as I walked over to one of the glass windows to look at my reflection. My eyes widened as I stared at the glass. This can't be…this just can't be…

There I stood in a light pink haori and hakama with bright pink hair. What the wench done this time? And how can she reverse it?