InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There I Was ❯ Last Preparations ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

There I Was

Chapter Eight: Last Preparations

 

{Disclaimer: See Chapter One.}

 

Authors Note: Hi mina-san! Sorry I've been so lazy in posting, I couldn't think of what to write for this chapter. I know now though, so here it is Chapter Eight, another filler. Okay now for review responses. Ja.

 

Silver-Blue-eyes: Sorry, I have other things in store than just turning him pink. I may do it one more time though.

 

-Flame

 

_-*~=~*~=~*-_

 

It was chaos, to put it lightly. It was the day before the gathering and everyone was rushing everywhere to get the last of the preparations finished. The servants were cleaning every nook and cranny; Jaken was keeping Rin at bay in the garden since her lesions were canceled for the day. Kagome had taken the time to make sure the entertainment was perfect, meaning that she didn't have to conduct in the middle of the dance floor the whole time. Senkako was placing her flower creations in there respectable places.

She had made a life sized sculpture for each Lord coming and their mates and children. The vassals and other important people coming to the gathering were given a nameplate where they would sit with a small portrait next to their name. They were beautiful and would make a fine impression on the other lords. The only people not doing anything were Saiya and Saiyako. Kouji and Kouga were at least helping move Senkako's creations. Me, I was watching over everything to make sure a little order was in place.

Saiya and Saiyako were sitting in their seats yawning. I growled and walked over to them. "And what are you doing to help?" I ask flatly.

"We're making sure no one trips." Saiya answered smirking.

"I see...why don't you go out into the garden then?" I suggest.

"We're quite comfortable right here." Saiyako smiled. Have I mentioned that Saiyako is back to trying to get me to mate her? I caught her trying to provoke Kagome to hit her so she could have an excuse to fight her. Why can't this woman get it through her thick skull that I don't like her? At least she's not hanging all over me anymore.

"I see…" I sighed mentally and walked away, please someone spill something on them…like oil…burning hot oil…

"Sesshoumaru-sama?" I herd a cheerful voice. I look down at Senkako and raise and eyebrow. "The sculptors are all set up. I was wondering if I could go home now. I still have many other orders I need to fill.

"Of course, I thank you for taking your time to help."

"It was an honor." She bowed. "Thank you."

"Jaken!" I smirked as the little toad ran in, as if his life depended upon it.

"Yes, milord?" He asked and bowed.

"Please escort Senkako back to her village."

"You're leaving Sen-chan?" I turned and looked at Kagome's saddened face. Hate that emotion on her. Saddened is not an emotion I wish for her to show.

"Yes, I have many things I have yet to finish and I've been away too long."

"I see, well, the band has everything pretty much under control, mind if I go with you?" Kagome go out there without me? She could get hurt. Granted Jaken would be with her, but Jaken doesn't like her.

"Not at all." Senkako answered. What about me! What about my opinion?

"Is that okay with you Sessh?" That's better.

"You had better be careful." I warned. Did I really want her out there? No. Would she go anyway? Probably. So just say yes, and everyone's happy…well, almost everyone. I'm not happy.

"Thank you!" She jumped up and enveloped me in one of her bear hugs. I placed my hand on her back and smiled to myself. She was so troublesome, but if she got what she wanted, she was fine. She reminds me so much of Rin, maybe she and Rin are related in some way? She let me go and turned to Senkako. "Shall we go?"

"Sure." The two smiled as thy left the chaos of the ballroom. I wish I could follow; maybe I could switch places with Jaken? No, I get to stay with Rin now that Jaken's gone. We haven't had any time together since Kagome came. Not that I'm saying that's a bad thing, I would never think having Kagome in my life is a burden. Not anymore at least.

I walked out into the garden and watched as Rin ran around chasing an orange and black butterfly. I walked up to her and grabbed her from behind. I listened to her laughter as she `flew' through the air. Smiling I placed her back on the ground.

"Hi Sesshoumaru-sama!" Rin smiled and hugged my leg. "Did you come to play with me?"

"Yes I did."

"Yaye! Lets play hide-and-go-seek! Kagome-sensei says I'm really good at that game!" Nodding I turned around and began counting. I could hear Rin run about the garden looking for a hiding place quicker as I reached ten. Soon she stopped and I began the game.

Turning around I didn't see a trace of Rin anywhere. I walked around and kept my eyes open. I heard a laugh and turned my head towards the sound and smirked. A pair of little feet poked out of a shaking rose bush. I crept behind it and picked her off the ground yet again. "Found you." She giggled as I set her back on the ground and smiled.

"Okay now you hide and I'll find you!" I nodded and walked off to find an easy spot as Rin turned around. I sat behind a holly bush and kept quite. "Ready or not, here I come!" Rin shouted and I smiled again. I have missed this. Playing in the garden with my daughter…did I just say daughter? Yes, yes I did and it's the truth. I know it is. I think of Rin as my daughter just as I think of Goro as my second father. He is old enough to be. That bear youkai is old enough to be my father's father.

Now that I think about it, I think he and Kagome would become good friends. He's always complaining about how ignorant this generation is, and Kagome is probably wiser than he is. They could probably talk for hours about theorems and ideals. I should probably introduce them.

"There you are!" I heard Rin yell and I stood up.

"Yes, you found me." I lost my smile as a servant entered the garden and bowed.

"Milord, sorry to disturbed you, but lunch is served." The servant quickly stood and walked back inside.

"So what do you say about a nice lunch?"

"Yes! Lets go eat, Sesshoumaru-sama!" I held Rin's hand as she led me inside and into the dinning room. We sat at the table and began eating and said nothing to anyone else. It's different eating without Kagome. It's not as lively and exciting. I don't like it. As much as I like the quiet, I don't like this quiet. It feels as though we're zombies.

A crash came from the hallway soon followed by Kagome's voice. That didn't take too long; then again, Lion Cloud village isn't too far away. The doors opened and a smug looking Kagome walked in with a very ticked looking Jaken. "I mean it, I'll kill you if you dare do anything." I growled and walked in front of Jaken.

"You will do no such thing, and if I hear of you threatening Kagome again I'll make sure it's the last time you threaten anyone."

"I'm glad you care so much, but I'm busy now, Sessh. Deal with it." My eyes narrowed as I looked at the little toad.

"How dare you speak to me in such a way."

"Yes, how dare you." Kagome cooed. I looked at her and nearly gasped. This wasn't Kagome! My Kagome would never say anything like that, no matter how angry she was. Turning back to Jaken I held him by his robe.

"What did you let happen to Kagome?!"

"Sessh, calm down. I am Kagome." I dropped Jaken and looked at him.

"You lie."

"No Sessh, I sneezed…" Sneezed…oh dear Kami! Kagome sneezed and is now in Jaken's body; which mean…I looked at Kagome's body and shivered. Which means Jaken must be inside Kagome's body. The horror!

"Come with me you two." Sighing I walked toward the library and sat in my chair. As the two sat across from me I closed my eyes. "Kagome, please tell me you can reverse this?" It figures, the day before the gathering and Kagome decides to sneeze. I guess it could be worse, like the day of the gathering.

"Actually I do know the counter spell." I perked up at her words and looked at her.

"Stupid wench! I told you, Sesshoumaru-sama would never agree to your `counter spell.' You're just out to pleasure your sick fantasies."

"Slime ball! I told you already! It's the only way!"

"What is?" I looked at them confused and Jak-er…Kagome shook her head.

"You have to kiss me." I narrowed my eyes and sent her a glare.

"I told you he wouldn't agree, you stupid wench!"

"Stop calling me that or I'll hit you where I know it hurts!"

"Why must I kiss you?" I asked, not particularly fond of listening to the two of them bicker, especially in this state. Kagome sighed and looked at me with Jaken's sickly yellow eyes. Something I hope I never have to see like this again.

"Have you ever hared of the tail of the frog prince?"

"Vaguely."

"Okay, the prince needs to be kissed by a princess in order to revert back to himself. This spell is similar. In order to revert back to our bodies you have to kiss me."

"I see no problem in that." I get to kiss Kagome, what could be so bad about that?

"Well you see…let me say it this way. You have to kiss Jaken." What…I paled at the thought. Me kiss that…that…creature? Kagome I wouldn't mind, in fact would be quite pleased to do so. But Jaken…I think I'm going to be sick.

"Why?"

"Cause I'm in his body right now, and when we revert back Jaken will take my place." Oh Kami…I sighed and picked up Jaken…or at least his body.

"It's stressful enough without this. If this help, then I shall do so." I placed my lips upon Jaken's and a bright light flashed within the room. Once it had faded I held a squirming Jaken in my hands. I placed Jaken on the floor and he turned to Kagome.

"Wench! If you ever do anything like that again I'll-"

"You'll what, Jaken?" He turned and faced me with a scared look on his disgusting face.

"I'll hug you and never let anything else happen to you."

"Go."

"H-hai, milord!" Jaken jumped and ran out the door for the life of him.

"I'm sorry." I heard Kagome's faint voice. I turned back to her and stared at her lowered head. "I know it's stressful right now with the gathering and everything, and I didn't mean to make trouble. I'm really sorry."

"You have nothing to be sorry about. You sneezed, I don't expect you to be able to hold in all your sneezes in every day." She lifted her head but did not smile.

"I still should have tried to think of another solution. It must have been terrible for you."

"It was just like kissing Saiyako."

"You kissed her before?" I could see a hurt look flash on her face. Does she care about me enough that the thought of me kissing another pains her?

"No, more like she kissed me after her mother had gotten me drunk. I've never touched sake since."

"Aa…"

"How did you know that counter spell?"

"It's happened before. Switching bodies and all. You need to find someone with a strong life fore to reverse it. My father did last time. Only I was in my mother's body so it didn't matter so much." Kagome lowered her head to the ground after she spoke. "That happened a week before they died." I could smell her sadness and wanted to hold her, calm her, and wipe her tears away.

"Kagome…"

"I'm sorry I'm being a pain." She said whipping her tears away and looking at me. "You don't need this right now." I shook my head and wrapped my arms around her shaking body.

"It's alright. You're not being a pain. Cry if you need to. I'm here for you." I couldn't believe I just said that. Could I really have fallen for the girl so much? I looked down at her and nodded. I have. Now I only hope that she's fallen for me just as much. With that look she had earlier, I believe she has.

All we have to do now is survive the gathering.