InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There Was Never A Time ❯ There Was Never A Time ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

There Never Was A Time
 
By TriGemini
 
Disclaimer: Don't own Inuyasha or its characters. Also, I don't own the lyrics to this song called There Never Was A Time which is from the Scarlet Pimpernel. So plz be kind and don't sue.
 
 
(Inuyasha's P.O.V.)
 
 
 
There is love
We have barely tasted--
So much time we've wasted apart.
Come forget yesterday.
Forgive the times I turned away.
 
 
 
It's been a month since the final battle between us and Naraku. Finally with the Shikon no tama in Kagome's hands it should be safe. Even though, there's always the chance of more youki attacks because of it. But at last I'm free to be with Kagome. The one true love of my life. Sure there was a time when I still harbored some feelings for Kikyou. In spite of everything she was the first person to befriend me. Yet even when she came back I had come to terms with the realization that she was no longer the person I knew. But someone who needed to find peace and I felt that it was my duty to help her find it.
 
 
 
 
 
However, I found my heart belonging to the girl who came from the future. Kagome…ever since I met her there was something about her that just called out to me. Sure at first I believed her to be Kikyou but overtime I began to see that even though she was Kikyou's reincarnation. The two girls were two people entirely.
 
Kagome was like the sun. She was affectionate, friendly, caring, and was like an open book to me. For she always expressed her emotions to the fullest. If it were a simple smile from when she was happy, a tear from when she was sad, or passionate outburst when she was angry with me now and then. As for, Kikyou she was nice to me yet distant now and then. I always held some sort of affection for her but I can tell that I didn't fully learn to trust her. For in the end it only brought disaster to us both.
 
But now I'm able to tell Kagome that I love her and I can also show others the emotions I have been hiding all this time.
 

There never was a time I didn't love you.
There never was a time I didn't care.
You were the music I heard each night.
Wherever I turned, you were there.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Despite the circumstances. No matter how many days passed. I never stopped loving Kagome or wishing that she would come back to the Feudal Era so I could see her pretty face. Sure I always was a jerk when she'd try to go home. Having her leave my side was not something that made me happy. However, I only did it because I know how much she would miss her family. But I always knew no matter what she'd always come back. Because she promised to be at my side and I took the promise seriously.

Talk to me.
Can you say forever?
Speak the words that we never said.
Don't hold back anymore
This is the change we've waited for.

There was never a time I didn't love you
There was never a time I didn't care.
I was a fool not to trust my heart.
My heart always knew you were there.
 
I always knew how she felt about me. When the battle with Naraku was over my love for her had to be told to her and I still needed to know that she loved me as well.
When I confronted her that night it was near the goshinboku tree. It was the ideal place to tell the girl that I adored with all my heart how much I love her.
We sat together looking up at the stars. Only my gaze would wander and it would be on her all the time. After several moments of complete silence I finally decided it was time.
It was now or never. She needed to know how much I needed her in my life.
I took her by the hand and heard her gasp. Her heart began to race and mine was going in sync with it. She looked at me with those beautiful dark eyes and once again I was losing myself in heaven by her side. I took a steady breath and told her in the most sincere way how much I cared for her. I didn't know what to expect after all I haven't been the nicest person to her. Not to mention, I've often berated myself for thinking that she could care for a hanyou like me. I even told her I would become a human if that would make her feel better but she held me fast and told me she wouldn't want me to change for the world.
That she loved me for me and that nothing couldn't be perfect as this moment we were sharing. The both of us were now being truly honest with our feelings.


God, give us time to grow closer.
Give us that night we never knew.
Yesterday I held on to wishes
Today I can only hold onto you.
 
 
 
 
 
I realize that even though all the shards have been collected and now that Naraku is gone. Kagome has to make the choice of whether she will stay or go. However, now she feels like she has a reason to stay in the Feudal Era. I know it's difficult but I'll accept any choice she makes. All I want is for us to have the chance to be together after all we've been though.

There never was a time I didn't love you
There never was a time I didn't care
I was afraid, but my heart held on.
Held on to a dream and a prayer...
My heart always knew you were there.
 
For there was never a time when I didn't remember her. There was never a time that I didn't protect her. Sure when she left me to go home I was afraid but somehow I knew she would come back even though it was difficult to have my feelings unnoticed. But she was always there in my heart. She would always be my love. For there was never a time when I didn't love her. Because she's my heart and my soul.
 
Author's Note: So how was it? Probably a late Valentine fic. But just review and tell me how it was…okay.