InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Three Days of Hell ❯ Chapter 3~What Now? ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Three Days of Hell~Chapter 3 By Mija

Disclaimer~Dont own any part of Inuyasha and Company..(sigh)

What Now?

~~~After dragging Kagome back from the well, crying, Miroku went to tell Inyasha of what had happened, as well as to see if he was alright. Sango took Kagome back to Kaede's village. Her deep concern overriding any angry thoughts towards her because of her scent. But once back at Kaede's Sango found it harder to not want to slap the girl senseless again and decided she would not go into Kaede's hut. Kagome gave her a sad look and walked in by herself. Tears welling up in her eyes once more.

"Why Kagome? You are back? What has happened child? I thought you to be back at your own time by now?" Kaede asked with surprise upon seeing Kagome enter her hut. Kagome ran into Kaede's arms and cried.

"The well wont let me threw!" she cried sadly.

"Why is this happening to me?..Sango hates me...Miroku..well Miroku keeps looking at me like he wants to touch me, but hasnt so far and Inuyasha.....Inuyasha wants to rape me and and and....Oh Gods Kaede what am I going to do now?" Kagome explained in sobs.

"Shhh tis alright child, sit..let us think and talk..I have a story to tell you." Kaede replied, as she and Kagome sat by the fire. Kagome wiped her tears away and looked at the old woman who was soo much like a grandmother to her.

"I was but a child when Kikyo went into her becoming phase as you are now..at the time I did not know that everything that was happening was due to her heat of becoming as well...it wasnt till Miroku explained what was happening and had taken you to the well to go home that I began to remember things and they began to make sense to me." Kaede said, reflection on her face of days long past. She layed a cup of tea next to Kagome, but was left untouched as Kaede began to go over the events soo long ago.

"I remember during that time, that the village was under attack by demons more often than usual, but I had just assumed that they like all the rest wanted the Shikon No Tama...but now as i think back I realize that not once had any of them actually gone for the jewel but instead had attacked Kikyo...Of course Kikyo had dispatched them quickly, she was after all a very powerfull priestess, but I did notice that her powers had also changed somewhat, she had gotten more powerfull it seemed, you could see the aura around her change...as I see it begining to change around you child." Kaede stated as she looked up at Kagome and gave her a comforting smile. Then went on with her story before Kagome could interrupt.

"Now that I think on it the men in the village has also been giving Kikyo extra attention, and some of the females would often look miffed around my sister, but they respected her greatly and no one ever treated her unkindly so we thought nothing of it, till now that is."

"But Kaede I dont understand...I mean its a common occurance right?? for women to go threw all this? the changing?? the becoming?" Kagome asked.

"Hai."

"Then why arent more women being attacked or raped by demons? or killed? Why is it different for me?" Kagome asked with sorrow and confussion.

"I have thought on this as well child and I think it has much to do with your blossoming priestess powers. You see you and Kikyo have much powere where that is concerned, but Kikyo had been trained in her duties since birth and her powers were much controled, so she was able to use them to her advantage...Yours are still dormante, you can use some but the main source of your power is still hidden within you." Kaede replied.

"I still dont get what this has to do with whats happening to me now?" Kagome asked in frustration.

"My conclusion is that because you and Kikyo both had these strong powers, it somehow changed the way your becomings progressed...it is my belief that since you and Kikyo are the only two I have ever come across in my life time with such a dilema, that it is your priestess powers that have altered the way the scent of your becoming is sent out...In other words child...as your body begins to change from that of a child to a woman, so does your powers, and it alters the scent and magnifies it, thus creating a stronger scent that drives demons mad, both male and female, and causes humans to sense it on a level they might not other wise have sensed it before." Kaede explained.

~~~Kagome was silent for a bit, thinking of all that Kaede had said. It made sense but it didnt much help. She had strong powers but was unable to use them due to the fact that they lay dormant and she hadnt a clue as how to use them. Male demons wanted to mate with her, females wanted to kill her, and her friends couldnt stand to be near her. Oh Gods what was she to do? And to make matters worse the well had closed off and she didnt know if she would ever be allowed to go back home. She wanted to scream. She wanted to curl up in a ball and cry her eyes out, but she couldnt. Then something new came to her.

"Kaede?? you said that when Kikyo went threw her becoming that demons attacked this village alot more in order to get to her right?" Kagome asked.

"Hai, the did."

"Then I cant stay here...I cant let you and any of the villagers die in case any nearby demons smell me."

"I have thought of that as well."

"But where will I go? And what can I do?...I know that in any other surcumstance Miroku, Sango and Inuyasha would protect me till its over, but you see that im affecting them as well." Kagome stated, letting a tear fall before she quickly wiped it away.

"Sango and Miroku being human, can be near you for a time before they feel the affects of your scent...but since they are human they can be of a small distance from you and control thier instincts better, as for Inuyasha he is half demon to be sure, and it tells him to mate with you, but he is also half human and although it be a further distance he must remain from you, he too can fight his urges."

"But will it be enough?? Miroku and Sango are strong, but what if they cant handle a demon in a mating frenzy? I dont want them to be hurt because of me." replied Kagome, more tears begining to slide down her face.

*************************************************************** ******

~~~Miroku had found Inuyasha just were he had left him. Still tied to the tree, but evidence of blood around his wrists showed he had tried to free himself. Luckily other than that and the disgruntled look on his face, he seemed fine.

"I can still smell her Monk....WHY ISNT SHE BACK IN HER OWN TIME??!!" Inuyasha growled out with fury. He could smell Kagome enough to know she was still here, which meant she was still in danger.

~~~Miroku sighed, then sat down and told him of what had occured. It still confussed and amazed him that the well had not allowed her to go threw to her own time. Which made him wonder if she was stuck in the era for the rest of her life. But more pressing matters needed to be addressed at the moment. He did not relish telling Inuyasha about what he had discovered. Inuyasha cared for Kagome deeply and in his state he was not sure how he would take the news, but he needed Inuyashas help in order to figure out a way to protect Lady Kagome.

"Inuyasha?...there is something else you need to know as well...Sango has begun to feel some affects of Kagomes scent...She has an urge to harm her when she is near her for long period"

"WHAT??!!" Inuyasha growled and strained against his binds.

"That is not all my friend...it seems I am not immune to her scent either, although I have controled myself and have done nothing to act upon them, I am not sure how long I can be around her without wanting to........" he paused there knowing Inuyasha got his meaning, espcially by the fierce deadly look Inuyasha shot towards him, as well as a feral growl that could only mean a possesive need to protect what he believed was his mate from another male seeking what was rightfully his.

"IF YOU SOO MUCH AS LAY A HAND ON HER MONK I WILL SEE TO IT PERSONALLY THAT YOU ARE CUT LIMB FOR LIMB AND DIE A PAINFULL DEATH!" Inuyasha threatened with a look that said he meant every word he spoke. Miroku had to gulp at this and knew that if he could not control himself that he indeed would die from the hands of a very pissed of half dog demon.

"Do not worry Inuyasha...my only concern right now is of Lady Kagome's safety..if she were to stay at the village who knows how many lives will be lost when a demons attacks trying to get to Kagome?...We need to protect her but I have not one clue as how to do it." Miroku replied. Taking a deep breath to calm his frayed nerves and his anger. Inuyasha spoke.

"Two miles from here is a cave to the south of the village...it is by a waterfall..take Kagome there along with Tetsiaga..once she is there have her place Tetsiaga at the entrance...My fathers sword will keep the entrance to the cave sealed to any demons that might want to get at Kagome...I trust that you and Sango will be able to handle any humans that might want to get to her?" Inuyasha asked.

"I am sure Sango and I are more than capable of taking care of that, but what of us Inuyasha?? will the barrier protect Kgome from Sango and I?? from you?"

"No..but as long as you and Sango stay a distance away, not out of sight but out of close contact with Kagome you shouldnt feel the affects of her heat...as for me...I will be near by in case there is need of me but not to close that I can be sweapt up in the scent myself." Inuyasha replied.

"You mean you wish to still join us?" Miroku asked skeptically, unsure if it was wise.

"Yes damnit as I said, I am half human so that part of me helps me to control the urges as long as Im not too close, but since I am half demon I cant get as close as you and Sango can, so I have to be far enough from her to not be tempted but not far enough to leave her unprotected..cause face it Monk, alghough your powerfull in your own right and Sango is one hell of a demon exterminator, you two may find it diffucult to fight off a full blown demon or demons in a frenzy like the one Kagome is causing with her scent...so you need me...Kagome needs me." Inuyasha stated. Miroku looked over at Inuyasha and studied him for awhile before he decided that Inuyasha was only doing what was best for Kagome. If he said he could control himself at a distance from her then Miroku had no choice but to trust him.

*************************************************************** ******

~~~As Kagome packed her things and prepared to leave to Gods know where, Kaede spoke up and gave her a piece of advice that she was sure Kagome was not ready to hear. But it was a choice and all she could do was voice it. It was up to Kagome wether she took it or not. As Kaede watched Kagome continue her packing she saw that the information she had given her bothered Kagome greatly, but at least the child was thinking it over and not tossing it aside. After all, it might be the only thing that ended up saving her life.

A/N okies another chapter done, sorry if you think this is short, wasnt when i wrote it out lol and sorry for any grammer errors and such but sometimes i get on a roll and cant stop and if i stop to edit I might end up rewriting the whole thing and loosing what ever it is that got me all fired up about it to begin with..dont ya hate that?? anyhow love all your reviews thank you soo much for being soo kind and helpfull..:-) it does a writers heart good to see someone likes her work..(hint-hint) but even if it were bad reviews they would still be much welcomed..(hint-hint) lol..ok now till the next chappy, be well be safe and read ya later huggs Mija..:-)