InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Three O' Clock One-Shots ❯ My Smile ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Three O' Clock One-Shots
My Smile
 
{Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha.}
 
 
Watching Rin play reminds me of better times. Her smile is so innocent, so like my own once was.
 
I wasn't always as cold as I am now. I became this way the night my hero was killed; the night my mother was murdered.
 
It was a cold winter night. Snow covered the grown in high mounds. I was only a pup then and dad begged my mother to take me out to play in the snow. We wandered far from the palace and father's protection. It was then my hatred for humans took root.
 
My mother and I where building snow youkai when a group of humans appeared. They where dirty and smelled of cheap sake. My mother placed herself between the humans and my person as soon as she caught their awful sent.
 
She told me to run and get my father, I couldn't. What kind of son, or man even, would I be if I ran and let a woman fight for me? So I charged at them.
 
Now I know that I was no match for the group of fully grown men at that age, not unless I tapped into some sort of hidden strength. They knocked me aside and I hit my head on a rock.
 
I recall blacking out for a bit and waking to my mother's screams. The men where holding her to the ground while one was atop her, thrusting. I knew instantly what was going on and jumped on the back of the man violating my mother. I bit his throat and tried not to choke as his blood filled my mouth.
 
It was my first real kill, and I loved it. My silver hair flew behind me as I jumped from man to man. I was a fool to challenge them before, I had realized then. Once I saw what they where doing to my mother though, demonic rage consumed me.
 
The last man pulled a knife from his belt and placed it to my mother's throat. “Not another move kid or she dies.” I didn't move, didn't need too. It was then father arrived. He pounced on the man and my eyes widened in horror as the knife slipped and sliced my mother's neck.
 
Father quickly disposed of the man and sank to my mother's side. “Tatiana…” My knees gave out and I fell in the blood stained snow as she gurgled and closed her eyes for the last time.
 
I've never smiled since that day. When it snows I always make sure to go out and kill a group of humans to make them pay for what they did.
 
 
 
End