InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Through It All ❯ Alyssa Lies ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Through It All
 
By: Aymia
 
Chapter One: Alyssa Lies
 
 
Summary: I decided to write a series of one-shots for Kagome and Sesshoumaru based on some of my favorite songs. So maybe I should just call them song-fics. Anyways, this one is based on a rather depressing, but terrific, song by Jason Micheal Carrol called, obviously, Alyssa Lies. Ever heard the song or the story behind it? Well, this story should be able to clear it up for you.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha, Rumiko Takahashi does, and more power to her, cause there is no way in hell I could come up with all the ideas she does. Takes all my brainpower just to write this story. Lol
 
CHAPTER ONE: ALYSSA LIES
 
My little girl met a new friend,
just the other day,
on the playground at school
between the tires and the swings

But she came home with tear-filled eyes,
and she said to me "Daddy, Alyssa lies"
 
 
The pattering of feet announced Sesshoumaru and InuYasha's entrance even before they called out that they were home. Their father, Sugimi Taishou, greeted them with a smile, noticing Sesshoumaru's rather drawn expression. InuYasha rushed off to greet his mother while Sesshoumaru continued to stand there, looking almost depressed.
 
Sugimi kneeled by him, tilting his chin so he could look him in the eyes. The fourth grader avoided his gaze for a moment before looking him full in the eye.
 
“What's the matter, Sesshoumaru?” He asked rather bluntly. He knew, however, the only way to get something from the closed-off boy was to be upfront with it.
 
“Nothing, Father.” The boy said almost sullenly.
 
“Something obviously is, son.” He said in a cool voice.
 
“It's just…you always told me and InuYasha it is wrong to lie.” Finally, some answers. Though curious ones, for sure.
 
“Let's talk in my office.” The boy was obviously uncomfortable with talking to him, much less in such a place where anyone could, and probably would, walk in on them.
 
“Now, what's the problem?” Sugimi asked of his eldest.
 
“I met a friend today. Her name's Kagome.” A friend? And a girl at that? Sesshoumaru didn't make friends, and like other boys his age, he detested girls in general.
 
“Yes?” His father urged.
 
“Well, she lies. About all sorts of stuff. And not stuff like InuYasha saying he hadn't taken a cookie. Stuff about why she has a puffy lip or wears really warm clothes when it's hot out.” Hm…that's what he was worried about?
 
“Is that all?” His father asked him. The boy nodded before saying he was going to go get a snack and leaving.
 
Well I just brushed it off at first,
'cause I didn't know how much my little girl had been hurt
or the things she had seen.
I wasn't ready when I said "You can tell me"

and she said...

"Alyssa lies to the classroom,
Alyssa lies everyday at school,
Alyssa lies to the teachers
as she tries to cover every bruise
"
 
Later that night, as the boys were washing up for supper, he saw Sesshoumaru looking at a piece of paper, a harsh expression on his face.
 
“Father, she lies all the time, to everyone, even me. She went to the nurse yesterday, but she told her the bruise on her leg was from falling on her bike. When she had told me earlier that she had done something bad.” That's when Sugimi knew this wasn't just another case of a child lying about simple things. It sounded like a case of abuse to him.
 
“Sesshoumaru, how about I talk to your friend Kagome on Monday? Tell her what I told you and InuYasha about lying when you were little, maybe?” The boy looked so happy that he was really interested. It really made Sugimi feel ashamed of himself.
 
My little girl laid her head down that night to go to sleep.
As I stepped out the room, I heard her say a prayer so soft and sweet
"God bless my mom and my Dad
and my new friend, Alyssa
*oh*I know she needs you bad

Because Alyssa lies to the classroom,
Alyssa lies everyday at school,
Alyssa lies to the teachers
as she tries to cover every bruise"
 
 
“Good night, Dad!” InuYasha yelped when his father grinned and swooped down on him with a hug. He moved on to Sesshoumaru's bedroom, just down the hallway.
 
He heard him pray, and nearly winced when he heard Kagome's name added in.
 
“Good night, Sesshoumaru.” He said softly when the boy was finished. Sesshoumaru wiped his face hurriedly, turning to face him.
 
“Good night, Father.” Was a quiet reply. He rolled over to face his window, currently filled with the starry night.
 
I had the worst night of sleep in years
as I tried to think of a way to calm her fears
I knew just what it was I had to do *I knew exactly what I had to do*
but when we got to school on Monday I heard the news
 
 
Sugimi groaned, rolling over once again. He glanced at the clock with its glowing numbers announcing that it was currently four in the morning. He cursed under his breath. And thanked the gods that it was finally Monday, albeit early. Two days of lack of sleep had finally taken their toll on him, making him extremely grumpy all of Sunday.
 
He awoke the boys at six thirty, as per usual. But he also got ready, which was unusual considering he didn't have to be in until nine am. The boys noticed, and by Sesshoumaru's happy smile, he knew it meant his father was keeping his promise.
 
They went to Sameyone Elementary, dropping off InuYasha at his first grade class first off. When they finally arrived at Sesshoumaru's classroom, they found his teacher slumped against the wall, a shocked expression on her face.
 
“Sesshoumaru, go find your friend.” His father said calmly, going to speak to the woman. Sesshoumaru nodded, running into the room.
 
“What is the problem?” He seemed to be asking that a lot recently.
 
“Taishou-san!” It was obvious that this was the first time she had noticed him. He repeated his question.
 
“It's…a girl in our class was discovered dead at her residence on Sunday. Her parents have been charged. It's…a shock. Kagome was a sweet girl.” He gasped and rushed to the class just as Sesshoumaru was emerging, looking confused.
 
“Father, Kagome isn't here.” He looked up at his teacher's choked gasp.
 
“Come on, Sesshoumaru. I need to speak with you.” He lead him out of the oppressive building and into the playground, sitting them both at a bench.
 
My little girl asked me why everybody looked so sad
the lump in my throat grew bigger
with every question that she asked.
Until I felt the tears run down my face
and I told her that Alyssa wouldn't be at school today

'Cause she doesn't lie in the classroom
she doesn't lie anymore at school
Alyssa lies with Jesus
because there's nothin' anyone would do

Tears filled my eyes when my little girl asked me why
Alyssa lies
*Oh Daddy, oh* Daddy tell me why
Alyssa lies
 
“Sesshoumaru, Kagome will not be…returning to school.” He attempted to push this on his son in a gentle manner.
 
“Is she…in trouble again? For lying? Her parents wouldn't let her come to school for a week on time cause she lied to a…Social Worker.” He worked his tongue around the unfamiliar term. Sugimi felt rage sweep through him. They knew this was happening and yet they allowed it to continue?
 
“No, she will not be returning at all, Sesshoumaru.” Was his reply, carefully concealing the wave of emotion.
 
“Why?” His son turned teary eyes to him. And it was no wonder, was it? The boy was impossible when it came to making friends. And the one person he considered a friend was never returning and he could not understand why.
 
“Did I do something?” Sugimi looked at him sharply, before kneeling, and taking hold of his shoulders.
 
“You did nothing wrong, Sesshoumaru. It's just that Kagome has gone to live with Jesus now.” Oh, right, now he was being overly blunt. He cursed himself when Sesshoumaru's eyes overflowed with tears.
 
“He's with Mama?” He asked in a small voice. Sugimi winced at the word `Mama'. His first wife had died of cancer when Sesshoumaru was still a toddler. He remarried two years later in hopes of Izayoi being the mother Sesshoumaru needed. It, unfortunately, had adverse effects. The boy avoided his step-mother like the plague and ignored his younger brother. That was one of the reasons it was so hard on him losing a friend.
 
“Yes. And she'll take good care of Kagome. Don't you think?” He asked the boy in a gentle voice.
 
That seemed to brighten Sesshoumaru's perspective. He stood and smiled into the sky and Sugimi felt his heart nearly tear in to. Sesshoumaru so rarely smiled that it was breathtaking to see it now. The boy's eyes were on the clouds.
 
“Mama! Take good care of Kagome until I can see you both again! Here me, Mama, take good care of her. And Kagome, now that you're with Mama, you don't have to lie anymore. So be good!” He shouted every word. And at those words Sugimi felt tears flowing down his own cheeks. He went to his son and wrapped his arms around him. He noticed nothing other than his tears and his son's for the next few moments. He knew in that moment that he would cherish his son's every smile with more joy than he had ever felt before.
 
 
AN: Well, it wasn't as good as I thought it'd be. Maybe I'll revise it sometime later. Lol Wow, hard to believe I can laugh anymore after the depressing task of killing off Kagome. I think I managed to keep it pretty short, which is very good, for me. Anyway, maybe you guys should pick a song for me to do next. That'd be fun, right?
 
So review and let me know what song should be next.
 
 
Luv ya all!
 
Aymia