InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Till There Was You ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Do not own the movie 'Till There Was You' or 'Inuyasha'

A/N: The long waited chapter, *sigh* Yes, I know it took me a long, long, time to update. But hey, I did update, no? Anyways, in this chapter expect cat fights by six year olds, a talk of the truth, Inuyasha the womanizer and the victim…enjoy!

…:|:…

Chapter Two

…:|:…

'It is a wise father that knows his own child.'

William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice", Act 2 Scene 2

…:|:…

Aiko is seated on the school bus which is taking her to school. She didn't like going to school and hated it so much! She would rather be home and be spending time with her dad, but she knew her Daddy had to go to work and would be spending all night at his office. Even with her Grandma and Nanny with her, she would still like see her daddy more and would like to spend time together…or better yet, to see her mom someday. Her birthday is coming up in a few days and she knew her Daddy and Grandma planned a big party with lots of games, a magician, and other people to entertain them. She didn't care for those things, but is still thankful. What she really wants for her birthday is for her wish to come true-Her mom to come home.

She looks out the window bored. She starts to close her eyes when she notices a truck with posters on it. It was posters of her mother! Wide awake now, she stands to kneel on her seat and with her nose on the glass of the window; she looks at the poster closely.

"Mommy?!"

A classmate of Aiko notice Aiko calling the lady on the poster Mommy. Suki is a friend of Aiko, but she still teases her once-in-a-while. She also knew about the stories of Aiko's mom, but wouldn't believe them. Suki Takeda had her own family problems and deosn't like the fact that even if Aiko's parents aren't always there for her; they still showed that they care for her.

Suki questions jokingly, "Who's your Mommy? The truck driver?"

Aiko glares at her 'friend', "No, the woman in the poster. That's my Mommy!"

The bus pulls up to the school parking lot.

"The ugly woman who farted in the commercial?" Suki continues.

"No, she's not ugly!"

"You don't have a Mommy!"

"I have a Mommy!"

"No, you don't!"

The kids in the bus are now exciting the bus. While Aiko and Suki are stepping down, they are still quarrelling.

"She's my Mommy!"

"The woman who farted?"

On the ground, Aiko stares squarely at Suki irritably, "Why are you so stubborn?"

Aiko was glad she can finally use the new word she had learned. She knew what the word 'stubborn' meant because her grandmother would always ask her daddy the same question and one day she asked what it meant.

"Because you don't have a Mommy!" Suki continues to taunt Aiko, but this time gives Aiko a shove on the shoulder.

"I have a Mommy!" says Aiko, who also gives Suki's shoulder a thrust, but with more force.

"You don't have a Mommy!" Both are duplicating the same thing and are pushing each other.

"I have a Mommy!"

"You don't have a Mommy!"

The bell rings and lastly some teachers become aware of the two girls.

…:|:…

In his compact SUV, Inuyasha is driving with his mother seated next to him and the Nanny in the back with Aiko in her arms. Aiko is deeply asleep now after she had been crying.

"Mom, this isn't right anymore. Aiko is becoming troublesome." said Inuyasha, "And what was the poster about?"

"She said she saw her Mom in the posters. I know nothing about it." Kioko answers.

"Why did you have to invent those stories?"

"Inuyasha I had no choice. Remember when Aiko was still a baby; she would only stop crying if she sees the picture of that woman. She had many questions while growing up. What can a poor Grandma do?"

Inuyasha sighs and glances at his mother. Inuyasha knew this because ever since Aiko had seen the woman on the bus she would stop crying when Inuyasha shows the picture and since he had no time to spend with the little one, he told his mother of what he had found out and now regrets it.

Kioko finishes, "And you weren't there, you were in America studying. I had no choice, but to ride on her beliefs."

"Aiko now has behavioral problems."

Kioko glares at her son hotly, "What do you want me to do? Take back everything that I've said? I can't do that." Kioko turns her head behind to look at her granddaughter wretchedly.

Inuyasha clarifies. "Mom, we have to now. We have to tell her the truth and that's the only thing we'll tell her-the truth."

"Can we let her birthday pass first," Kioko asks hopefully, "I have to pity my granddaughter."

"Alright, but after her birthday, we'll tell her everything." Inuyasha decides.

Kioko takes a glimpse at Inuyasha and whispers, "Who will tell?"

Inuyasha swallows the invisible lump in his throat and at last he answers.

"Me."

…:|:…

Later that evening…

"Even when you're distracted, you're still a very good lover."

Inuyasha's associate turns to her left side and places her head on her elbow to look at Inuyasha. She has the blanket wrapped around her bare-clothed body.

Inuyasha is in bed with his associate after their 'work' had ended. He is now lying down on his her bed naked except with a blanket just covering his waist and down. Inuyasha is trying to catch his breath.

Finally breathing regularly, he questions, "Is that what you want?"

Feeling hungry, the lady slips on a long red shirt. She climbs out of the bed and strolls over to a small table in the foot of the bed. She proceeds to take a seat on her legs and sees Inuyasha putting on white boxers.

"We've been doing this for so long. Aren't you getting tired of it?" She inquires.

Inuyasha comes over to the table of food and seats himself next to her.

"Why? Do you want to change anything?"

Inuyasha takes out a cigarette from the table and positions it into his mouth.

"Who knows, I can be good girlfriend material." Inuyasha's 'friend' states, and takes a sip of wine from the table.

Inuyasha scoffs instantly. He lights his cigarette takes a look at her disbelievingly and scoffs out smoke. He sets his cigarette in between his fingers and chuckles, "You're joking right?"

The associate takes Inuyasha's cigarette out of his fingers and smirks, "Of course."

Inuyasha takes a drink of the wine.

"So why are you distracted?"

Inuyasha sighs tiredly, "A lot, Aiko…the custody lawsuit."

The woman beside him takes a look at him fiercely, "Inuyasha, don't ever complain about the lawsuit. May I remind you that you volunteered to take it pro bono?"

"I know. That's why my brain is killing me. I don't know where to focus, to Aiko or the case."

"You're so obsessed in facing your father in court." She informs.

"And he will lose, Kikyou."

…:|:…

"I need a job. My mother's nagging again." Kagome utters her frustration while she hauls her best friend on the shirt to their table.

Kagome and her friends are at a local bar overflowing with engaging music. She went over to Sango Hiraiko and pulled her out of a conversation with a guy to bring her to the table the others have chosen.

"You may not like what I offer." Sango removes Kagome's surprisingly tough grip.

Sango Hiraiko has been a childhood friend of hers since they were infants. They had done everything together and Sango is one of the few people she trusts with her own life. Being wealthy by her parents, Sango still works and would help her with finding jobs.

They reach the table to see Kirara Mizuno and Miroku Hoshi seated across from each other. Kagome rushes to take the chair next to Kirara, while Sango throws a fierce glare at her. Kagome just replies with an innocent smile. Feeling foiled by her best friend, Sango watches Miroku closely with narrow eyes as she takes a seat next to him.

Kirara is a young beautiful girl with long red hair and bright green eyes. She is only a year younger than Sango and her. Kagome meet Kirara by Sango, who is Kirara's cousin. Of course Kagome knew Miroku her whole life. Miroku, with strong blue eyes and short ebony hair that was kept in a little pony-tail is a handsome brother. He has a different last name because he is adopted. When Kagome's parents were trying to have a baby, they learned from the doctors that it was futile. One day friends of theirs had gotten murdered without explanation and had left their only baby son to them. They decided to let Miroku have his original last name in memory of his parents. Kagome loves Miroku as he was her real older brother, even when Kagome knew Miroku can be a player and a pervert.

"I have good news," Kirara declares happily, "I'm just waiting for my visa approval from the New Zealand embassy! Congratulate me!"

The others knew already because Kirara would relentlessly remind them she had been waiting, so when the news came about her getting approved, they weren't that keyed up anymore.

Kirara whines. "Come on guys! Why will not you congratulate me?!"

Sango sighs and retorts, "Kirara, you have told us tons times tha-" Sango was interrupted by a familiar hand on her rear.

"Hentai!" In return Sango gives Miroku a powerful smack in his cheek.

Kirara and Kagome look on with a sigh at seeing the repeated routine by the two hopeless lovers.

Everyone knew that Miroku was hopelessly in love with Sango, but she has no clue though. So Miroku would try to make Sango jealous, but for some reason she wouldn't and he in return would get jealous when Sango has her full attention on a guy. What he doesn't know is that Sango actually likes Miroku.

"Hey, you have to wait for me. We agreed that we'd leave together. We're friends remember?"

Kagome tired of finding jobs in Japan decided to move and have a fresh new start. Kirara and her agreed to go together to look for future and settled jobs.

"We're friends, of course!" Kirara answers.

Recovered, Miroku looks at his little sister doubtfully, "Kagome…Kagome…"

"What!"

Miroku grins, "Maybe you'll just return here after a week. If I were you I'll join networking here."

Kagome smacks Miroku's shoulder, "Idiot, I'm serious. This will be a real job!"

"You're an idiot too." Miroku retorts, "All your jobs before were real. It's you who's not being true to them."

"Ouch!" Kirara says dramatically with her hands clasp together under her chin.

"You talk as if you have a better life. You're confused as well." Kagome points out. "You still don't even know what to be-a civil engineer or a monk. Why don't you join us in New Zealand so you can choose?"

Sango adds in the conversation, "With the bakas!"

Kirara giggles, "Ouch! That hurts!"

Sango also giggles and points at Miroku who has grown a scowl on his face, "Whoa! You're playing victim."

All three of the girls are now teasingly chanting.

"A victim!"

"A victim!"

"A victim!"

Miroku joins in, but with an irritated, mocking voice.

Kagome laughs, "Still clueless about being a monk."

The girls laugh and Miroku continues to scowl.

…:|:…

Later that evening…

Kagome is in laying in bed thinking about the job that Sango had offered. How humiliating! Sango had to sing and dance at a little girl's birthday party and needed a partner. But the most embarrassing thing about it was they had to dress up as trees! She sighs dejected. Oh well. I need the money to go to New Zealand. So in the end with much talking, Kagome took the job. Kagome sighs once again and turns to go to sleep. I wonder how it will turn out tomorrow…

…:|:…

And to the reviewers:

FF.Net

MysticBeauty: Hey^_^ Sup? I finally updated, yeah me! Hehe. Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Kagome200315: Thanks for your review^_^

Ardinae: Thanks! Glad you thought it was funny. Hope you like this chapter!

SilverMyste: Thanks so much for your review^_^ I'm so happy you enjoy my sucky fic.

noname: thanks for your review, no name. Hehe.

ladyhawk89: Glad you reviewed^_^ Oooh! I like that-love, peace, and hair grease. Ha-ha^__^

Mystic Angel of Death: Hey gurl, thanks for your review. Hope you like this chapter!

Sandie aka Not A Very Patient Person: Hey Chika! Well I finally updated and are you happy now since I updated ^_~ And thanks for your support and review. C-ya, #1 Fan ^___^

Emania: Hellos! Thanks for your reviews on this story and my one-shot ^_^ Your so nice! You try to compete with me! hehe, ready…set…go!!! ^__~

MM.org

Orlando_Lover: Thanks for your review^_^ You like Orlando Bloom? Me too! Isn't he a hottie?

Whitney Lin13: Thanks for your review! Hope you enjoyed this chapter^__^

…:|:…

Thanks again to everybody and don't forget to review^____^ Please!!!

Yeah! Finished revising and now I just need to go home to type Chapter 3!!!!