InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To be so close, and yet so far away ❯ Time Spell ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

To be so close, and yet so far away

Disclaimer: See chapter 1

Author's side comments: I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOO SORRY I HAVEN'T WRITTEN IN A WHILE!!!!! Between school and family issues, I don't know how other writers/authors do it. Alright I'll stop making excuses and continue with the story. Oh by the way, this is a three part section of the story. Okay, this chappie is dedicated to all my reviewers.

(Me/Author…sometimes)

"Speaking"

`Thoughts'

*Action while speaking* e.g. *yawn*

~Sesshomaru talking in ghost form~ (I'll explain it later *sigh*)

Chapter 4 Time Spell (Part 1) (Narrator) and some P.O.V. from a character

In the Library (After first period)…

`What could that dream mean?' she thought to herself. She had fallen asleep in class and had the same dream. Luckily, for her, she had woken up before the bell. The teacher asked everyone to pass in the questions and then head to the library. Piper, who was still groggy from her previous nap, took this to her advantage and went into a corner surrounded by books, and fell asleep. Or tried to. For some reason she went into a conversion with her conscience. (He he her conscience. Do you know who that is? He he)

~Are you planning to sleep all morning?~

`Yup' *yawn*

~Then I won't wake you up.~ her conscience replied.

`And why not? I'm tired.' Piper said a little shocked. She never really had talked with her conscience before. She could feel this going into an argument. (Who argues with their conscience?)

~You had the entire night to sleep. In addition, this morning you slept thru practically your entire first class. Therefore I don't see why you're still tired.~ he said a little factual.

`Oh alright,' she said a little annoyed, `Hmm what's interesting to read.'

She looked around and went into the fantasy section. She walked up and down the aisles until she came upon the back of the library. She looked around and saw an old book in the corner. Curious, she walked over and took it off the shelf. It was heavy and she almost fell over! Placing it on the floor, she glanced at the cover before opening it.

`The Book of Shadows? Why does it seem familiar?' she thought. She skimmed thru the pages and came upon a time traveling spell. `Cool,' she thought excitedly. She was about to read it out loud when the teacher called for her.

"Awww man!" she whined. She checked out the book and her class went back to their classroom.

"I hope you all found good books for reading. Over the weekend I want you all to write a book report on you books," said Miss White earning groans and moans from the class, " Now don't complain. You're lucky I don't assign you the books."

This quieted the class a little but there were still some small moans of protest. The class continued and then pretty soon it was lunch time.

BAM! The doors burst open and out came a lot of happy fifth graders. Some went to the playground, some went into their little groups, and others, just did whatever. Piper sat down on one of the benches and looked around. The wind blew past her calmly and she took a deep breath.

`I can't wait until school is over. I really want to read the book!' she thought a little impatiently.

~You can wait. In the mean time why don't you talk to your friends.~

She didn't even notice them walking up. She had been thinking and talking to her conscience that without her conscience telling her, she would have never looked up and said hello.

"Hiya guys!" she said putting on a smile. (Put a smile on! Everybody come on…oops sorry got the song in my head. Back to the story!)

"Soooooo Piper, What book did you get?" asked Anna, a friend of hers, "I got a dumb book on elephants."

"Oh but you like elephants," said another friend, Jessica.

"Oh whatever. I've read the book like fifty times and I know what it's about," Anna said sitting down next to Piper, "Besides Miss Whites so old she'll probably never notice."

"So old I'm I? Well we can talk about how old I am in detention!" said Miss White to Anna angrily. Anna groaned and slumped off with Miss white right behind her. Jessica and Piper laughed and Piper almost fell of the bench laughing.

Sesshomaru just shook his head slightly in slight amusement. `She's going to hurt herself,' he thought slightly shaking his head again, `by laughing.'

After School (finally)

"Bye Jessica! See ya later!" yelled Piper as she got off the bus. She walked slowly into her building and stopped at the stairs. It was two flights and then she would get to her floor and she really didn't want to walk it. However, one glance at the elevator made her change her mind. She reluctantly walked up the stairs as she thought about how much she hated the elevator. Why did she hate the elevator so much? Well it's because on of her mothers lady friends' elevator fell from the second to top floor down all the way to the basement. As a result the lady was forever doomed to limp everywhere for the rest of her days.

She was panting only a little when she got to her floor and walked the long turning hallways towards her house/apartment.

"Mom?" she said while knocking, "it's me. Let me in."

*Knock, knock* No answer.

Sighing she sat down and leaned against the wall next to her door. `Mom's late again!' she thought, `And she likes to rag on me for being late all the time.'

She opened her book bag and took out the book she got from the library. `I never did get to read it, she thought as she opened it back to the page she was at before she had to leave. It was the time travel spell. Feeling a little foolish she recited it,

"May my words take flight

as I travel back to the past

Send me to a place

Where even a human can have a power so vast"

Now feeling completely foolish, she was about to close the book when swirling white lights surround and covered her completely. Before she blacked out, she could've sworn she heard a familiar voice calling her name.

~~~……………Now switching to Sesshomaru's point of view (P.O.V.) ……………~~~

His day being Pipers' conscience

I was beginning to hate mornings now. No wait, I already hated mornings. Losing my physical self during the day and having to be a ghost during the day too, it was very frustrating. I had to again wake up Piper(will she ever wake up by herself?) and walk with her to school.

`Well no one said you had to,' said a voice.

~Not you again~ I said annoyed. It was my darn(I will not let the characters swear!) conscience again. ~Will you ever go away?~

`No I stay here because I want to,' S.C. (Sesshomaru's conscience) said sarcastically, `I'm you! I can't leave'

~Well the least you can do is shut up~ I said and I shut him out. I just watched as Piper put her head down for a nap and I told her I would wake her if the teacher walked by or noticed she wasn't doing any work. Look at how soft I was getting. What would the other demon lords think that the Lord of the Western Lands was resorted to babysitting a human child. Not that it mattered anyways; I could care less about what they said.

She woke up and her class went to the library. It was the only place that was actually quiet for longer than an hour so I had always enjoyed it there.

I watched her as she wandered around grumpily, I had to keep her from falling back to sleep,(reminder: she hated that) until she came upon a rather large book. For some strange reason I felt anger swell up in me at the sight of the book. I couldn't understand why I was angry but I was and I wanted to stop feeling it. It was like a grudge-holding anger, to (try and) put it simply, and I didn't like it. I became more angrier when she opened the book and let out a rather loud growl from my lips. Surprisingly enough or coincidently, the teacher called for the students right at that moment. My anger disappeared when she closed the book but it returned when she went to check it out. What was going on?

I could tell she was disappointed when she found out her mother wasn't home. It was written all over her face. She sat down and did nothing but look around for a minute. Finally, realizing she might be here awhile, she opened her bag and pulled out the book she had gotten earlier. Again I felt the anger begin to swell up in me but before I could growl she recited a spell. Or was it a poem? No of course it wasn't a poem, it was a spell and surprisingly I could feel the magic behind the spell. I did not like and was about to tell Piper to stop chanting when she was engulfed in white swirly lights.

"Piper!" I yelled and suddenly, I too was engulfed in the swirling lights. All I heard, before I blacked out was,

"Don't worry Sesshomaru. You're coming too."

(So How was it? Good or Bad? Tell me in your reviews!)

(P.S. I'm soooooo sorry I haven't updated in a while! Hope everyone can forgive me!!!)

(P.S.S. That spell is my own and if you want to use it in any of your stories ask first. )