InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To Bind a Soul ❯ On the Road Again ( Chapter 18 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

I'm so happy everyone is enjoying the story. Now, I know I said there would be a lemon, and there will be, but not for a few more chapters. I sort of have to find a way to work it into the story. Also, I know it seems that there is not much of a plot going on right now, but wait a bit and all will be revealed. It will all tie together in the end.

Chapter 18- On the Road Again

The first thing Inuyasha and Kagome heard when they entered the house was the enthusiastic shouting of Souta from the TV room. The TV room was a mess. There were bowls of potato chips and sauce on the floor and the cushions on the couch were thrown about the room.

"What happened in here?" Kagome asked in disbelief as she surveyed the room.

"I'm watching wrestling," was Souta's simple reply when he stopped yelling at the TV long enough to address his sister.

Inuyasha sat down next to Souta and stared at the TV screen. One of the wrestlers was hitting his opponent with a metal folding chair. "Interesting," Inuyasha observed as he took a hand full of chips from the bowl.

Kagome shook her head. "I'm going to go get my pack together."

"You're leaving again?" Souta asked Inuyasha.

"Hai. For a couple of days," he replied, not looking up from the TV.

"But you'll be back soon, right?"

"Hai."

"Okay," Souta muttered, slightly disappointed his hero would be leaving, even if it were for a limited amount of time.

Inuyasha glanced over at the human pup. In all honesty, Souta was probably the first human child that didn't run away from him when they first met. If fact, it was quite the opposite. Souta went so far as to tell Inuyasha that he was his hero.

The hanyou smiled gently at Souta. Kagome's whole family was like this, well maybe not the old man, but still, Kagome and Souta and Ms. Higurashi. They all accepted him for his demon and human heritage. They didn't ask him to change who or what he was, unlike Kikyou. The only thing they did ask was for him to improve on his manners and to not swear so often. They went so far as to make him a part of their family.

Yeah, he had it good.

Inuyasha's ear twitched at the sound of the shower running upstairs. He supposed that he and Kagome would be leaving later tonight so they could have a fresh start in the morning.

"Hey," Inuyasha drew Souta's attention away from the TV; "Do you know where your mom put my fire rat robes?"

"Hai, wait here and I'll get them for you," replied Souta as he raced off towards the laundry room.

"That was fast," observed Inuyasha as Souta raced back into the room with his robes in the little boy's arms. "Thanks."

"Don't mention it," muttered Souta as he returned to his place on the couch.

^_^

"Have fun!" Ms. Higurashi yelled towards Inuyasha and Kagome as the two headed for the well house.

Inuyasha smirked and waved back. Kagome just giggled and yelled a quick farewell. "You certainly have gotten relaxed around my family," observed Kagome as Inuyasha picked her up and jumped down the well.

"Feh. And you sure have gotten moody," replied Inuyasha when they reached the other side.

Inuyasha took a deep breath of fresh air to dispel the odor of the future's air. Some things just couldn't be substituted.

"I am not moody," Kagome replied sticking her nose in the air.

Inuyasha laughed and started off towards Kaede's. "And what do you call this morning when you attacked me?"

"That was completely justifiable. You broke my alarm clock."

"I didn't break your alarm clock, gravity did."

"Mou, I can't believe you. You actually listened in school?"

"Well I didn't have much choice."

Kagome snorted. "No one can make you do something you don't want to do."

"I didn't want to go to your stupid skool but you made me go!" Inuyasha pointed out.

They were almost to Kaede's.

"You had a choice."

"That was not a choice, it was a threat," Inuyasha replied.

"Choice, threat, same thing," muttered Kagome as she entered Kaede's hut.

"No, not the same thing. Completely different, Bitch."

"Yeah, yeah whatever," replied Kagome as she and Inuyasha sat down near the fire and greeted their friends.

"Welcome, Kagome-sama," said Miroku.

"What were you two arguing about this time?" asked Shippou as he curled up in Kagome's lap.

"We were having a discussion. It wasn't arguing," replied Kagome.

Shippou snorted. "How stupid do you think I am?"

Inuyasha replied to that question. "You don't want to know."

Kagome yanked on his hair.

"Bitch!"

"Be nice to Shippou-Chan."

This time it was Inuyasha who snorted. Shippou giggled and buried his head into Kagome's stomach. "You're just mad because she likes me more."

"Shippou-Chan, don't tease Inuyasha," scolded Kagome.

"I thought you two were going to stay in the future for a couple more days?" Sango spoke up to prevent another argument, as she had just noticed Kagome's overfilled bag.

"Nope," said Inuyasha cheerfully. "We don't have to go to that hell hole called school for another couple of days."

"Was Kagome-sama's school really that awful?" asked Miroku.

"Yes."

"No it's not," Kagome elbowed Inuyasha in the ribs.

"Yes it is. You even admitted to not liking it so don't try to deny it."

"If you don't like it then why do you go?" asked Shippou.

"I have to," replied Kagome.

"No you don't," stated Inuyasha. "Your mom went so far as to say so yesterday."

Kagome was quiet. She couldn't think of anything to say that might repute that statement.

"Well, I suggest we all try to get some sleep," said Kaede as she rose from the fire.

"Sounds like a good idea to me," replied Kagome, biting back a yawn.

"Stupid wench," mumbled Inuyasha as he picked up Kagome as set her in his lap. "Go to sleep," he commanded.

"Mou, you're so bossy," Kagome stated, but she was already half-asleep as she cuddled up closer to Inuyasha.

^_^

"One, two buckle my shoe," Shippou sang at the top of his lungs, purposely trying to get on Inuyasha's nerves. "Three, four close the door," he continued.

"Uh, why the hell did you teach him that song?" asked Inuyasha as he slowed down to Kagome's pace.

"It seemed like a good idea at the time," Kagome replied a bit sheepishly.

"Five, six pick up STICKS," Shippou started to sing louder.

"Just count to ten and take a deep breath," Kagome advised Inuyasha quietly.

"SEVEN, EIGHT LAY THEM STRAIGHT."

Inuyasha counted to ten very slowly under his breath.

"NINE, TEN A BIG FAT HEN."

Kagome sighed when Shippou finished the song.

"ONE, TWO BUCKLE MY SHOEEEEE!"

"That's it, the twerp is dead," Inuyasha shouted and raced after Shippou who was already on the run.

"I was wondering when things would get back to normal," said Miroku as he and Sango caught up with Kagome.

Kagome sat down in the road and waited for Shippou to run towards her. "What are you doing, Kagome-Chan?" asked Sango.

Shippou jumped into Kagome's arms. "Sit," said Kagome.

Inuyasha was slammed to the ground. Kagome felt her legs lose the feeling in them and again cursed the alteration of the subduing spell. "Bitch, what the hell did you do that for?" yelled Inuyasha.

Kagome sighed and stood up once she regained feeling in her legs. "I can't have you hurting Shippou-Chan, Inuyasha."

"Why the fuck not?"

"Why do I bother arguing with you about this?"

Before Inuyasha could answer the wind shifted, bringing with it the most detested scent.

Kouga.