InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To Bind a Soul ❯ Kouga ( Chapter 19 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 19- Kouga

Inuyasha lifted himself from the position the cursed subduing spell had inflicted upon him. The hanyou's nerves were on end. After the ordeal with Hojo yesterday, he did not have the peace of mind to deal with Kouga. If that wimpy wolf so much as addressed Kagome, the very thin leash Inuyasha had on his temper would snap, and not even a thousand sits would stop him from thoroughly kicking Kouga's ass into a bloody pulp if not killing him.

"What is it, Inuyasha?" asked Kagome. She knew the hanyou would never be so calm after a sit unless something was about to happen.

"Kouga," was all Inuyasha said.

"You aren't going to fight with him, are you?" asked Kagome. "Kouga-kun is my friend, after all."

"That wimpy wolf?!" Inuyasha growled out.

"Kagome-sama, I believe it wise that we simply do the best we can to rid ourselves of Kouga's presence. While I'm sure the wolf-youkai would never purposely hurt you, he could do harm without realizing it," interjected Miroku.

"I'll try to get him to leave," Kagome said after thinking about it.

"Not before I kick his ass," added Inuyasha.

Kagome's retort died on her tongue when Kouga appeared before the group in a rush of tornadoes and dirt. "Inukkoro," he yelled at Inuyasha. "I think it's time for you to give me my woman. A weakling hanyou like you could never hope to protect her."

"Why you," Inuyasha replied in a thick and dangerous growl.

"Kouga-kun," Kagome stepped in front of Inuyasha. "I think it would be best if you left now before things get out of hand."

"You're right," Kouga replied. Kagome wondered if he had heard her right. "We should leave immediately. No point in hanging around trash like him," Kouga said, pointing a finger at Inuyasha.

"Kouga-kun, that's not what I meant-" Kagome was cut off as Kouga grabbed her around the waist and started running.

"Kouga!" Kagome yelled in his ears.

"Don't worry, I won't drop you," he replied.

You're just as dense as Hojo, was Kagome's thought.

Kagome looked back to see Inuyasha chasing after her, but since Kouga had three of the sacred jewel shards, the hanyou couldn't keep up.

"KYAAAA!!!," Kagome screamed into Kouga's ears, momentarily deafening the wolf youkai and making him stop in his retreat.

"What is it? What's wrong?" Kouga asked frustrated.

He placed the shaking girl on the ground, sniffing for injuries. But he couldn't find any. All he smelled was her personal scent, heavily laced with Inuyasha's, which Kouga decided to find an answer for later, and her pain, which was, he guessed quite intense.

The wolf youkai looked back to see Inuyasha had caught up with him. "You fucking bastard! You hurt her!" Inuyasha yelled at Kouga.

"What are you talking about? I didn't do anything?" Kouga yelled back, thoroughly confused.

Kagome backed up when Kouga tried to lay a hand on her. Kouga pulled his hand back as if he had been burned. The young miko had started crying. Still in pain, Kagome stumbled over to Inuyasha and threw her arms around his neck, sobbing into his haori. The pain she had been feeling so intensely before evaporated when she touched the hanyou.

"You did," stated Miroku walking up to the three as he and the rest of the group finally caught up.

"How?"

"You separated her from Inuyasha, you twit!" Shippou yelled at him. He didn't care if the wolf youkai hadn't meant to hurt Kagome, he still did, and that made him very, very mad. Not taking into consideration that Kouga was perhaps ten times larger than he was, Shippou continued to yell at him. "Don't you smell it, you idiot! Kagome's scent! Can't you tell?"

Kouga sniffed again, and all the pieces started to fall into place. Kagome's scent wasn't laced with Inuyasha's, it was Inuyasha's, just as Inuyasha's scent was now hers. How the hell had this happened? It shouldn't be possible, unless . . .

"You stupid, idiotic, brainless," Shippou continued to yell. "You can't have Kagome, you can't take her from Inuyasha, not without seriously hurting her, if not killing her. She has as good as mated Inuyasha, so go find someone else to bother and leave Kagome and Inuyasha the hell alone!"

Neither Sango nor Miroku stopped the kitsune from his ranting. If Shippou had not done it, than one of the humans would have.

"The Sharing of Blood," Kouga said very quietly, his voice directed at Inuyasha. "You preformed The Sharing of Blood."

"I did," Inuyasha replied, looking up from the weeping girl as he unconsciously ran his claws through her hair, trying to comfort her.

"But how?" Kouga continued. "The spell. It's only a myth. I only heard about it once when I was a pup. How could a worthless hanyou like you have knowledge of such a spell, not to mention the strength to perform it?"

"Inuyasha-sama is the son of the former Demon Lord of the Western Lands," said a new voice. All eyes turned to Myouga. "Even if he has human blood running through his veins," the flea demon continued, "It is still the bloodline of a powerful daimyo. No matter what bloodline you study of Inuyasha-sama's; it is full of powerful warrior blood. Who better to perform such an old and intricate spell than the descendant of the most powerful beings within their own race?"

Kouga gapped at hearing the Inukkoro having such noble blood. By demon law alone, Inuyasha could have Kouga executed for attempting to steal his potential mate.

Each youkai pack had its own set of rules and laws, but there was one law that was upheld by the ruling youkai pack that all youkai followed, no matter what race. And to hear that Inuyasha was not only apart of the ruling youkai pack, but in a social caste the equivalent of royalty, well it was just kind of hard to believe.

Inuyasha, the rude, arrogant hanyou, had the right to take away his life by law alone. And Kouga could not fight back unless he wanted his pack to suffer for it. As was the word of youkai law.

Kouga stepped back and bowed his head. "Oi, Kouga, what are you doing?" Inuyasha yelled over Kagome's head.

"It is within your rights to have me executed for breaking our most sacred laws," Kouga replied quietly, but it was loud enough for even the humans to hear.

Kagome looked up at Inuyasha questionably. The hanyou shook his head and tightened his arms momentarily to reassure her. "Just go back to your pack, Kouga. I'm not in the mood to kill anyone today," Inuyasha replied.

"But-" the wolf youkai started to argue.

"I will forgive you if you don't try to take Kagome away again."

"I won't," Kouga replied, not looking at Kagome.

"Good, you're forgiven. Now leave."

Kouga bowed and took his leave. He could only thank the Kamis Inuyasha had chosen to be so merciful.

"There's a hot spring not to far from here," Inuyasha called back to the rest of the group. "Let's make camp there. We won't be covering any more ground today."

Without further conversation, they nodded and followed Inuyasha.

^_^

Kagome had refused to release her hold on Inuyasha haori, and when Sango had asked the hanyou to go find dinner for them . . . well, it was becoming a problem. "Kagome, you only have to let go for five minutes, I'll be right back," Inuyasha tried to reassure the young girl. Only the Kamis knew how Kagome was able to keep such a grip on him. Inuyasha had tried to break it at first, but given that up when he released he couldn't get her to let go unless he wanted to break her hands. So he had opted to talking, though that wasn't working either. Kagome would not let go of Inuyasha, period.

"Kagome-sama," Miroku tried to help, "Inuyasha is only going to go find us dinner. You know he can't go far."

Kagome didn't look at Miroku, or reply to anything he said, simply buried her head into Inuyasha's chest.

"Kagome," Inuyasha sighed. This was getting ridiculous.

"It's okay Inuyasha," said Sango, standing up. "I'll go find dinner. You stay here with Kagome-Chan."

Inuyasha nodded and turned back to the miko.

Kagome was in a world of her own. The pain she had experienced was of a whole other world. It was more of a mental pain Kagome had never before experienced. There had been physical pain, but what she had felt in the inside still haunted her.

It was like her heart had been broken into little tiny pieces and then the pieces had been burned. The physical pain had disappeared when Inuyasha had come within distance of her, but the mental and spiritual pain, that hadn't ceased until she made contact with him.

And at the moment, she didn't really want to let go.

"Kagome, come on," Inuyasha tried, again, to get her to release him.

"No," she replied into his haori.

"Fine, we'll do this the hard way," replied Inuyasha.

Before the miko could react, Inuyasha had removed his haori and set her on her feet, taking a step back towards a tree.

Kagome collapsed on the ground, her hands still clutching the haori. Inuyasha knelt down beside her and lifted her chin. "Are you alright?" he asked, his voice laced with concern.

"Yay," replied Kagome, shaking herself, dispelling the last thoughts of what had happened earlier today.

"Good," replied Inuyasha, picking her up again and jumping into a tree.

"Inuyasha, what are you doing?" Kagome asked, her arms wrapping securely around Inuyasha's neck.

"We're going to take a nap before dinner," he stated, placing Kagome so that she was facing away from him, her back leaning on his chest, and then wrapped her in his haori.

"Maybe I don't want to take a nap," Kagome replied.

"Too bad."

Kagome crossed her arms and huffed. "Men!"

"Inuyasha-sama," Myouga spoke up from down below.

"What?" replied Inuyasha, not bothering to open his eyes.

"After dinner, we need to talk."

"About what?"

"I found out something about the spell I think you are going to want to know."