InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To Remember You ❯ What Really Happened ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
InvincibleInuYasha: Hey! Chapter Five is a success! Actually, I hope it will be. Oh well. I don't have much to say so, Just read and review!



*Chapter Five: What Really Happened*

Oh my God. I can't believe he told me that... his past was horrible. I don't know why I wanted to kill myself when he had it worse than me. But him? He seems so full of spirit. Always with a smirk on his face, ready to face the day. To imagine that he was going to end it all... It just seems impossible.

Well, today's Sunday. But I got a test tomorrow so I can't be fooling around all day. I quickly took a shower and changed. Then I sat in front of my mirror. Fixing my hair seems to calm me a lot when I've had a hard day. I began to detangle my hair while thoughts of Inu Yasha filled my head. He's nice and friendly, I don't understand why he couldn't have made friends in his old schools. Actually, I think he's kinda cute sometimes. Oh geez, did I just say that? Wow. Now I feel bad. I loved Inu Yasha from the past but I never got to tell him. Now I'm falling for his possible reincarnation. Now I'm ashamed. I gave Inu Yasha such a hard time with Kikyo, when obviously, he couldn't choose between the same person. I mean, since I am Kikyo's reincarnation, then that makes me the same as her I guess. So Inu Yasha, since he had fallen in love with Kikyo before she died, started to see me in the same light. Now I know how Inu Yasha felt, so indecisive. But... there's only one Inu Yasha now. There's nobody around this time period who'd want to bring his half-demon self back to life. But does that mean that I should choose this Inu Yasha so quickly over his past self?

Before I realized it, my hair was up in two braids at the sides of my head. I picked up my big yellow schoolbag and took out my math book. I looked at the bag and started to giggle. All the times in the Sengoku Jidai made me patch it up so many times. I remember when I had to get Inu Yasha to take my bag up the well for me, it was so heavy. And then when we started running to catch up with a jewel shard, we'd give all our stuff to Miroku to carry while Sango and Shippo rode Kilala, and Inu Yasha carried me. Poor Miroku. Whoops, all the memories made me lose track of time again. I sat at my desk and plopped down my math book. I got the same book from last year, since I was repeating the grade of course. Let's see, the homework was page 276, numbers 1-40 even. Ok. I opened the book and looked for the page. "AAGH!" Whoa, there's claw marks all over the page, I can't read it! Oh, that's right. When I left the Sengoku Jidai for the second or third time I left my math book by accident. Unfortunately, Inu Yasha found it and I guess he thought it was a spellbook. Hmmm. I think Inu Yasha ripped my book. Well, I guess I can't do my homework now. I know, I'll see how Inu Yasha's doing now! Yesterday he seemed out of it, after I got him to talk.

I knocked on the door of Inu Yasha's big house. I always liked this house. Nice and big and white. And the big windows. Then the door opened and an old man, probably older and shorter than my Grandpa, showed up. He looked up at me, "Yes?" I smiled, "Hi. I'm Kagome Higurashi, from next door. Is Inu Yasha in?" The man grinned back, a hint of mischief in his eyes, "Ah, I've heard of you! Yes, I'll go get him. Please, come in." He stepped back and let me in before he closed the door again. There was a beautifully decorated living room to the left so I walked in and sat on the couch as the old man waddled up the stairs. I think that's Inu Yasha's grandpa. I brought my attention back to the room I was in. God, it was gorgeous. Inu Yasha's Grandpa was probably some rich business guy sometime ago. The walls were painted a light hue of gold. The sofas were all made of dark brown leather. The black coffee table had a crystal vase filled with dries wildflowers. It really felt like autumn in that room. The fireplace wasn't lit, but it was very big and the mantelpiece was decorated with plaques and trophies for... sports? Did Inu Yasha play in sports?

"Kagome? What're you doing here?" Inu Yasha came down the stairs with a blush on his face. Oh... He only had some old jeans on. Wow, he was well-toned. His long hair was all crazy too. I giggled, "Just out of bed?" He blushed a little more, "Uh, yeah. Gimme a sec." He ran back up the stairs. I smiled. He's kinda like Souta when he gets up too. I waited a little longer, still looking around at the room. But what interested me the most was those trophies. I walked closer to the fireplace and squinted at the small engraving on a large trophy:
Martial Arts Tournament
First Place
Inu Yasha
2004
This is very recent. But, I thought he didn't really get along with people. Well, I guess that's why he chose martial arts. There was a little figurine on top of a man in karate pants but no shirt, which showed off the little golden muscles. It was jump-kicking in the air. It was really cute. "Oh, yeah. I got that three months ago." I jumped back. I landed on Inu Yasha. Oh my God he scared me, "Don't sneak up on me like that!" He was blushing. A lot. Then I realized. He was still holding me up from when I fell. I blushed too. Then I moved away, "Sorry. I didn't think you would have been interested in sports and stuff." Inu Yasha's blush faded away slowly and he grinned, "Yup, well, I know nobody really knew me. So I had trained myself. Grandpa got me a gym in the basement so I practiced martial arts there and before I knew it I loved it and this was the first, and probably last time I signed up for a tournament." Now that was impressive. He knew martial arts. And he taught himself and got in first place in a tournament. I laughed breathlessly, "Wow. You know, you're really amazing. This is cool, and you taught yourself! That's a great accomplishment. I wish I could do something like that." He smiled, "Oh, you can. You just gotta find something you like and then put your mind to it. You know? It's not really hard if you like what you're doing." I shrugged, "I guess. But not much interests me now."

We walked out of Inu Yasha's house and started walking to the sidewalk when Inu Yasha's grandpa yelled, "I hope the cute couple has a nice day!" Inu Yasha turned his head back and yelled back arrogantly, "Shut up Gramps!" I could see he was trying to ignore what just happened, but I could still see a faint blush on his cheeks. Did he like me? Maybe he did. Well, I'm not really definitely sure he's Inu Yasha's reincarnation, but if he is then, he'd like me right? But then again, if he isn't that I have no idea of his tastes when it comes to girls. Maybe I'll just be seen as his friend forever. I sighed sadly, but I think Inu Yasha heard me because he asked, "Are you okay? You seem upset." I closed my eyes and kept walking into the town, "I've been thinking for a while. So there's just a lot on my mind." Inu Yasha turned his head to the side and asked curiously, "Like what? Did something happen?" I nodded. I guess I should tell him since he told me everything about him. "About two months ago... five of my closest friends were killed." I heard him gasp quietly. Then he whispered, "I'm sorry. Could I ask how?" I nodded again, "Yeah. Um..." This was kind of hard. How could I tell him about a demon slayer, a monk, a kitsune, a dog demon, and a fire cat? He wouldn't believe me. I guess I'll try to make something up. Maybe I'll feel better later, "It involves murder. Some bastard really didn't like us. He was especially against one of my friends. His name was Inu Yasha too. My other friends, Sango, Miroku, Shippou, and Kilala were killed too. One day, we were caught off guard when we were walking in the city. We were in a darker area so it was more dangerous. So the guy took out his gun in an alleyway. I mean, all of them tried to fight back, they know better than to die without at least trying to save themselves, but he shot them all. First Miroku, then Sango, Shippo, Kilala. Then he was about to shoot me. He aimed at me. Then Inu Yasha told me to run. I don't know why I listened to him at that moment, but I ran. Inu Yasha ran in front of me... and... and he got shot trying to protect me." Meanwhile I was thinking of what really happened in my head over and over again. The ugly roots, Sango's broken hiraikotsu, Kilala getting poisoned to death by the miasma, Shippo struggling with his foxfire, Miroku getting sucked into his Wind Tunnel, and Inu Yasha... saving my life again. It was a much more brutal death than any gun shooting could have been. There was a lot more blood.

I looked down at my hands and noticed that I was shaking. Now I'm crying too. But, it was too much. Recalling everything that happened that day really got to me. I still miss all of them. I wish I could be in the Sengoku Jidai again. But then all I'd see would be destruction by now. But at least Naraku can't take my part of the jewel. But for now, I just want to cry it all out. I can't take it anymore! I kept crying and crying. Then I felt Inu Yasha's arms around me, "Calm down. You're okay, and your alive, that's what matters now. Your friends were really brave to protect you. But, they died for you, leaving you all the pain." I cried some more into Inu Yasha's chest. He was just like Inu Yasha from the Sengoku Jidai. He used to hold me like this when I was upset.

Inu Yasha asked, "You want to go home?" I sniffed and nodded. He smiled at me and said, "Get on my back, I'll carry you." I gasped. Inu Yasha from the Sengoku Jidai always carried me around. Now I'm really leaning towards the possibility that he's been reincarnated. I tried to smile as he helped me up on his back. But I just couldn't help myself. I had to keep crying. Inu Yasha kept walking through the town, even though a lot of people were staring. I guess he really doesn't care what other people think. We must have been walking for a long time, because I ended up falling asleep.

I woke up and glanced around. Where was I? Oh, I'm in my room. I looked around and in the corner or my room was Inu Yasha sleeping in a small pink armchair. It was pretty funny, but what was he doing here? I quietly tip-toed out of my room and shut the door. Then I walked down to the kitchen. Souta came in through the front door with Buyo in his arms and he saw me, "Hey sis!" I asked him, "When did I get here? And why is Inu Yasha sleeping in my room?" Souta dropped Buyo and shrugged, "You got here, like, two hours ago and you were all crying. Inu Yasha asked if he could stay since mom wasn't home yet and he wanted to make sure you were okay." I said, "Oh. Okay. When's mom coming home? And Grandpa?" Souta opened the refrigerator and began rummaging through it, "Let's see, mom said she'd be back a little late, she's working overtime tonight. And Grandpa said he'd be back before dinner, he went out." Souta backed away from the refrigerator with bread, eggs, leftover noodles, maple syrup, and a chocolate bar piled up in his arms, "So, what happened? Why were you crying?" I sighed, "Souta, I never told you this yet.... a little over two months ago... Inu Yasha and everybody I told you about from the Sengoku Jidai... they were killed..." Souta's eyes got big, "What!? That's why you never go back? But why didn't you tell me sooner? How? Who killed them!? What--" "Souta, shush! Inu Yasha's trying to sleep. But yes, that's why I never go back. Naraku killed them. They were protecting me and I protected the Shikon no Tama by staying in this time, so Naraku can't gain the full power of the jewel. But... he's already too powerful. Feudal Japan will be destroyed completely at this rate, and it will possibly effect the future, our time. But I can't do anything about it! I feel so helpless and upset. Just, please don't ask a lot Souta. I'm not up to talking about it again." I was crying a little bit again. Souta nodded and asked, "You want me to make you something?" He held out some food to me. I smiled, "Thanks." I ate some toast and eggs even though it was lunchtime. I guess little brothers can be okay. Only sometimes though.

I walked back up the stairs and into my room. Inu Yasha was still asleep. I opened my desk and pulled out my small blue diary. After I unlocked it I flopped onto my bed and flipped through the pages. Oooh, my 15th birthday! September 3rd. It was the first day of school too so I had my uniform on. I think it's before I went to the Sengoku Jidai though since I didn't get back to my time until three days after I fell into the Bone-Eater's Well:

Dear diary,
Today's my 15th birthday! Grandpa gave me this weird mummified water kappa hand thing. It's weird, so I gave it to Buyo.
The Grandpa starts telling me about the legend of the Sacred Shikon no Tama. But, I don't believe any of it.
Grandpa has been telling me all of these weird legends recently, like the Shikon no Tama, and the legend of the killer hanyou, Inu Yasha. Maybe grandpa's just getting too old.
Anyway, today's the first day of school too! I can't wait to see all my friends again! Maybe Houjo will ask me out too...
I'll write again later!
Byez! ~Kagome

Wow, I was really skippidydooda then. That was about a year ago though. I'm sixteen and a half now. My birthday was four months ago. So it's December now. That's weird. It isn't snowing now. Whatever. I flipped over a few more pages. Ah, Shippou... the Thunder Brothers... Miroku the perverted monk... Sango the demon slayer... the day we met Jinenji... Kouga loves me too... We helped Shiori get back to her mother... Oh, my first kiss with Inu Yasha... Oh my gosh, what time is it? I looked over on my night table for my clock. Oops. That's right, I never went out to get a new one when Inu Yasha broke it a long time ago. Judging by the amount of light outside, I'd say it's late. Inu Yasha sure can sleep. Oh well, I'll write one more entry before I wake him up.

Dear Diary:
Two weeks ago I met this guy. He's a lot like Inu Yasha. They look almost exactly alike. And he has the same name.
Well, he's kind of cute. If he looks like Inu Yasha then of course he is! But the thing is, he reminds me of him so much!
Now I miss hanyou Inu Yasha even more. And I'm telling Inu Yasha and Souta about it too now. I just feel so upset that they died like they did. Damn that Naraku. I wish I had the strength to kill him. But I'm just a weak human. I'm not a
demon like Inu Yasha, I never was trained like Sango, and I don't have as good logical skills as Miroku. But Naraku can't complete the jewel. At least I did something. Naraku can never come to my time to take my shards from me. Well, I
got to go. Inu Yasha should be getting home or his grandpa might think... strangely.
~Kagome

I closed my book and locked it. Then I got up and walked over to Inu Yasha. His face was really nice up close. He looked so peaceful sleeping. Like a little boy. I continued to just stare at the features of his face for a while. Then, with his eyes still closed, Inu Yasha asked, "Are you done observing my sleeping habits?" I blushed a lot and said, "Yep... Um, it's kinda late. Maybe you should go soon. I just wanted to know if you wanted to go before it got too late." He got up and stretched his arms above his head, "I don't know. Whatever. But we have school tomorrow so I guess I should get some rest." I laughed, "You were sleeping for about three hours." He shook his head and looked at his watch, "Damnit! No like, six hours! It's eleven o' clock!" I screamed, "What!? No it can't be! What's Grandpa going to say!?" Inu Yasha hopped on one foot towards the door as he tried to put his sneakers back on, "Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap! Sorry Kagome! I'll see you at school then! Bye!" He slipped down the stairs and rushed out of the door. I looked out of the window and saw him running, waving back up at me. I smiled. He's really nice... if you get to know him.


*End Chapter Five*


InvincibleInuYasha: Hey all my peoples! How all ya doin'? I'm trying hard to keep updated. I love writing and I'll keep writing if this becomes a success and people review. Thanks! Ja ne!