InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To Remember You ❯ She Will Be Loved ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
InvincibleInuYasha: Woah! I can't breathe! I'm laughing so much, I'm delirious! Before I pass out, I better get this chapter done. REVIEW!
P.S.- The title of this chapter 'She Will be Loved' is only there because it kind of relates to the chapter if u listened to the song. This chapter IS NOT a songfic. So don't go looking for all of the lyrics. Oh yeah, and I'm listening to it right now and decided that the chapter I'm thinking of could only have this title, none other! lol. REVIEW!


Disclaimer: Inu Yasha is not mine. It sucks, but the truth hurts. Oh yeah, and "She Will be Loved" is a song that belongs to Maroon 5, not me. REVIEW!




*Chapter Sixteen: She Will be Loved*

Why does she do that? A few weeks ago, I kissed her. She didn't pull away, so I thought it was okay. Then this guy comes, and she kisses him. She wonders why I feel like this. Plus, I have to put up with that jerk's life! I turn into him, I'm in pain! Turning human hurt a lot. How does he put up with it, and why do I have to too? But now I feel bad. I just left Kagome downstairs after getting mad at her. I wonder if she's okay. Whatever. That Inu Yasha guy is probably there now. I just don't want Kagome to be upset. I mean, if she really likes that guy, then it's okay with me. But if she does, then I don't want her to start crying that she loves me. I don't want to deal with that kind of stuff.

I heard my previous incarnation come inside. Kagome was crying. I made her feel that way. I slammed my head back into the wall. Why does this have to happen to me. I'm only forced to stay here because I don't understand myself. I have no idea what's going on with my body, and I don't know what might happen later. I'm only here because I still have a lot of questions about this new life I'm going to have to live. Since I pretty much am Inu Yasha, I have to ask him what happens with this new body. I can't just have that transformation while I'm working, or walking through the town. And Kagome. She's probably dealt with this a little bit from what I've heard. I just want to make sure nothing happens to me if I ever have to leave. I probably will end up leaving. Kagome loves Inu Yasha. I can see it in her eyes so clearly every time she looks at him.

When I looked out of the window, I saw Inu Yasha slumped over next to the Goshinboku. Did Kagome do something? Wait. Did she tell him something, like she doesn't like him that way? I slowly walked downstairs and into the living room. Kagome saw me and turned away, "I'm sorry for whatever I did to make you upset." I sighed, "No Kagome, it was my fault. I wasn't in a good mood today anyway. I just took it out on you, I'm sorry." Kagome shook her head, "Tatsuya, you don't have to lie to me. I know you saw me and Inu Yasha earlier. I'm sorry if that made you feel sad to watch that. It's just, Inu Yasha just said something to me. I have to think about something. I just don't want to hurt either of you in the process." I stared at her, "What? What did he say? How could you hurt us? And the kiss thing, it's no big deal. J-just please, I don't want you feel sad. I want you to do whatever you want as long as you are happy. I don't care what you do." Kagome closed her eyes tightly, "I can't!" Tears spilled down her cheeks as she ran upstairs, into her room. I sighed. She cried again. What happened? I hope that jerk Inu Yasha didn't have anything to do with it.

I walked outside and saw Inu Yasha still sitting there in the same position under the Goshinboku. When I got closer, I realized he was sleeping. I moved a little closer and studied his face. I wanted to find out what he was feeling, since right after he talked to Kagome he was all bummed out. His eyes were closed tightly, his mouth was in a frown and his lips were twitching every once in a while. He looked uncomfortable, and if it wasn't for my sensitive ears, I wouldn't have heard the barely audible whimpers he made. Suddenly, the whimpers stopped. I looked back at his eyes. They weren't shut tight anymore. He didn't move at all. "Are you done staring at my face?" I jerked backwards and fell. Inu Yasha chuckled softly, "You should have just seen your face." I got up and brushed off my clothes, "So, how did you end up asleep under the tree?" Inu Yasha hissed, "It's not just a tree. It's the Goshinboku." I shrugged, "So? It's a tree. Why is it called the God Tree?"

Inu Yasha sighed, "This tree holds many memories dating back to my time period. Kagome and I cherish the tree. I'm surprised that it's still here, since Naraku's evil would have killed it already. It's a very powerful tree, that's the only reason I'm led to believe that it's surviving on it's own." I said, "Okay. But then, why is it so powerful, so important to you two?" Inu Yasha put a hand on a big spot on the tree bark and looked up into it's branches, "This is where I was pinned to by Kikyo. I was put under her spell for fifty years until Kagome removed the arrow. It's where Kagome and I first met." He smiled sadly, "Though I wasn't too nice to her. I almost killed her." I gasped, "You almost--" Inu Yasha put a clawed hand up, "It was only because I was pretty much unstable. Before I was pinned to the tree, I wanted power. Even before that, Kikyo was going to give me the Shikon no Tama so I could become a human. The day we were supposed to meet, Naraku disguised himself as me and he stuck down Kikyo, stealing the jewel as well. I managed to find the jewel later. But, I was angry with Kikyo, because now, she wanted to kill me. I thought she had betrayed me, but she thought I betrayed her. We were both fooled by Naraku. I was ready to use the jewel to make my wish to become a full-blooded demon, but Kikyo struck me. She died later and had the jewel burned with her body. Fifty years later Kagome came, had the jewel in her body, and came to release me. I thought she was Kikyo at first, since she was her reincarnation, so I tried to kill her. Then she destoryed the jewel into hundreds of shards, so I took her along to help me find them since she could sense them. At first, I was just taking advantage of her. I could use her to get the jewel shards, and become a demon. After that, I would have no use for her. But then, I realized that there was something between us. Anyway, I didn't want to kill her afterwards. After a few days of getting to know her, I only strived to protect her." He sighed, "This tree is really special. It's been through a lot, and it knows all the times I've spent with Kagome, in the past and the present."

Inu Yasha's eyes fluttered shut, and he started to fall. I reached out and caught him, "Whoa! What's wrong!?" He didn't answer. He wasn't breathing. I picked him up and carried him inside, "Kagome!" She didn't come. I called again, "KAGOME! Get over here! Something's wrong with Inu Yasha!" I heard the door open quickly and footsteps coming rapidly down the stairs, "What happened!?" I placed Inu Yasha on the couch, "I don't know. We were talking by the tr-... Goshinboku when he just passed out. He's not breathing! Do something!" Kagome bit her lip and said, "I don't know what's wrong with him! I don't know what to do!" I picked up the phone and dialed 911, "I need an ambulance here right away!... He's not breathing, he just passed out!... Really? Thank you so much!" I slammed the phone back on the reciever and said, "An ambulance is coming."

The ambulance came, and they took Inu Yasha on a stretcher. Kagome insisted on going with him to the hospital, "Please! I have to be with him!" The paramedic sighed, "Okay, but hurry. We have to get there as soon as possible." Kagome bit her lip, "Tatsuya, are you sure you don't want to be there too?" I shook my head, "He needs you most. I'll tell your mom when she gets back from work." Kagome nodded as the paramedics shut the door and the sirens went off.

I walked back into the house and waited by the phone. Kagome might call. I waited for a long time, about an hour. Suddenly the phone rang and woke me from my daze. I answered, "Higurashi residence." "Tatsuya!" I gasped, "Kagome!? How's Inu Yasha?" Kagome said, "He's okay now, but he wants to see you. He keeps on asking for you. Please come." I asked, "Why does he want me there. Wouldn't he just want you there?" Kagome sounded stressed, "I don't know! Just please come quickly! The doctors still aren't sure what happened so I don't even know if he's going to stay in this condition!" I said, "Okay. I'll be right there." I grabbed my hat and ran out of the door.

"I need to see Inu Yasha, which room is he in?" A nurse at the reception desk opened a small book and flipped through, "Family or friend?" How should I answer this? We haven't really been good friends, but he's my reincarnation, "Uhh... Family!" The nurse nodded, "Third floor, ICU B2." I nodded, "Thank you." I ran into the stairwell and ran up. Why would Inu Yasha want to see me? I opened a door into the hallway and glanced at the panels next to the doors that indicated the room number. D7? Where am I? I stopped a doctor that was walking by, "Excuse me, how do I get to B2?" The doctor said, "Make a left and keep going straight. It should be on the right side of the hall." "Thank you." I ran down the hall and followed the doctor's directions. I skidded to a stop. B2. I breathed in deeply and opened the door.

Before I even opened the door enough for me to get through, Kagome's arms were wrapped around me tightly. Tears were streaming down her face. She whispered, "I don't know why he wants to see you so much. Just talk to him." She quickly left the room and shut the door behind her. I looked around the room. It was pretty dark. I heard a small beep every few seconds from the heart machine that monitered Inu Yasha's heart rate. I slowly walked up to the bed and sat down at the chair beside it, "Inu Yasha?" Inu Yasha's ears twitched and he opened his eyes, "Tatsuya..." I asked, "Why'd you suddenly want to see me?" Inu Yasha leaned his head back into the pillows, "It's about Kagome." I looked into his eyes. He looked upset, "Inu Yasha, she's in love with you. Not me. I'm planning on leaving in a few weeks anyway. I don' want to be a burden on Kagome and her family." Inu Yasha shook his head, "No. If you leave, she will blame herself. She might even try to... to hurt herself." I blinked, "Wait. You mean she's tried it before?" Inu Yasha's eyes shot open, "You mean... did she try to do it while I was gone?" I nodded, "Just a few days before we found you in the well, Kagome had a blade in her room. She was going to end herself." Inu Yasha had a wearisome look on his face, like he was holding back tears, "Kagome. Why does she do this to herself?" I sighed, "At first, she just wanted to do it because she thought you were dead. Once, when I caught her, she told me that you had stopped her. That in some way, you had told her to stop. But now that you're here, she probably feels like there is nothing her her way to stop her now. She's extremely sensitive." Inu Yasha nodded, "Well, the whole time I was in the Sengoku Jidai after Naraku attacked, I prayed that Kagome wouldn't kill herself over the losses of all of our closest friends. I knew she thought I had died as soon as she ran, I thought that suicide for her was inevitable. I'm surprised she made it this far." Inu Yasha grunted in pain and clutched the folds of his shirt.

"Inu Yasha, are you all right?" He coughed a little it and relaxed somewhat, "Yeah. I'll be fine in a minute." He caught his breath again, "The doctors told Kagome that I just have res-peer-ator-ee problems. I still don't know exactly what it means, these words from this time are really confusing." I said, "Respiratory is a word that relates to your lungs and how you breathe. You probably just run out of breath easily now." Inu Yasha rolled his eyes, "But I'm a hanyou. I can't have problems like this, youkai just can't. It was never like this before." Just then Inu Yasha gasped in realization, "Naraku. That bastard." I asked, "What does it have to do with him?" Inu Yasha hissed, "I guess Kagome didn't tell you. Since Kagome came to her time for good, I wanted to get revenge on Naraku. I found him, but I lost the battle. Naraku took me to his castle and kept me there for months. He unleashed my demonic blood at least once a day. Then I'd be tortured, beatened burned, you name it. I must have gotten like this because of him." I glared down at the floor, "I can't beleve anybody could do that. It must have been horrible." Inu Yasha nodded, "It was."

After a minute, Inu Yasha said, "I want Kagome to be happy. I don't want her to be sad, ever." "I still think I should leave. I can't live in Kagome's house forever without doing anything. I have to earn a living. Get a job, another place." Inu Yasha sighed, "I said before, you can't leave." He looked into my eyes, "Tell me, what's you're relationship with Kagome?" I shrugged, "There wasn't really anything to it. Just really good friends I guess." Inu Yasha shook his head and chuckled, "If you did anything else, I don't mind, it's Kagome's choice after all. Don't be shy, I won't attack you if anything happened between you two." I lowered my head, "Nothing. We only kissed. Once. We've just been good friends is all." I whispered, "But I wished we could've been at least a little bit closer." Inu Yasha smiled, "Do you love her?" I stared at him, "I-I don't really know. I mean, since I met her, I've liked her a lot. But I think that's as far as it goes. Besides, you're here. She told me she loved you." Inu Yasha said, "But I'm ill now. I don't even know what's going to happen from here. I might get even worse. Maybe Naraku put a curse on me as I was falling through the well. I might die at any moment. So whether I stay here or not, I want to make sure that either way, Kagome will be loved. By me, or somebody else I trust. Maybe you." I got up and went to open the door, "I'll think about it. Bye." Just before I closed the door, Inu Yasha called out, "You better."

Kagome ran up to me, "Is he okay? Is he asking for something?" I shook my head, "No. He just wanted to talk for a while." Kagome's eyebrows furrowed, "Did he say something I should know?" "Well, he told me he doesn't know if his health will get worse. If it doesn't get better, than he suspects that Naraku cursed him as he fell through the well. He might..." Kagome interrupted, "Don't even say it." She slowly headed back to Inu Yasha's room. I sighed and left the hospital. So she'll be loved either way, he says. But he's not always right. He won't die anyway. So I can leave.


*Chapter Sixteen End*



InvincibleInuYasha: *Sigh!* I'm tired. It's 10 pm right now. So I'm pooped. lol. Better start the next chapter. I dunno wut to write about nemore, i need viewer reviews so that I don't disappoint you guys! lol. Ja ne.