InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To Remember You ❯ Leaving Forever ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
InvincibleInuYasha: *Yawn* even though it's only 4:30 in the afternoon, I'm still sleepy. I'm kinda sick, I suppose. Well, here's the next chapter. READ AND REVIEW!

Disclaimer: IY and co. aren't mine. They belong to my good friend Rumiko. lol

Dedications:
Chelsea: You didn't review! WTF!? lol. wachachacha. STOP POT!
Nadia: OMG! You didn't review either! Sign up now (cuz MM.org rocks) and review!
Oscar: Oscar is my pet cat. He's adorable. HEY! maybe i can scan a pic of his and link it somewhere for all to see his pretty little face!
Joanna: If ur still reading my story, I luv u. Best sis ever. BUT U DIDN'T REVIEW!
Carlos(a.k.a. Curlytoes): Heffer! Ur an evil cuzin! You don't even WANT to read my story! Buttface! READ AND REVIEW! and no, I don't want a pic of u dressed as a girl, no matter how funny it is.
Eric: Go AWAY lil bro! PG-13! ur 10. GRRR!
Pete: You are my big bro and ur smarter than me, but you're crazy if u want to join the marines. Just to let u know, i love u and I don't want you to get urself killed out there in the war.


(Asteriks***= note. it will be shown in the author's notes!)


*Chapter Eighteen: Leaving Forever*

"Inu Yasha! Where have you been!?" "Grandpa, I'm sorry I came back so late. And could you call me Tatsuya now? I kind of got used to it when I was... uh... camping." Grandpa Myoga nodded, "Okay then. So, did you have a good time?" I shrugged, "I suppose." "Inu... Tatsuya. Are you okay? You seem upset." I shook my head, "No. I'm just tired." I sighed and scratched the back of my head, "Gramps, could I ask you for something?" Myoga narrowed his eyes, "What is it?" "Can I borrow three thousand dollars?" Grandpa's eyes bugged out, "WHAT!? Three thousand!?" I nodded, "Yeah. I want to move out and make a living far away. Overseas. I'll pay you back as soon as I get settled, I promise!" Grandpa threw his hands over his head and hugged me, "Ah Tatsuya! You're finally willing to learn more! I'll give you all the money you need. Just promise that you'll at least make an attempt to study, work on getting a real career." I sighed, "Okay Grandpa, I'll study. Thanks." Myoga took out his checkbook and scribbled down a sum of money, "I wish you luck Tatsuya. Maybe you can meet up with your brother sometime in London*." I said, "He's my half brother. And no, I'm not interested in going to London." Grandpa rolled his eyes, "Very well. Pack up and make a reservation for a flight for where you want to go. I'll have someone bring you to the airport tomorrow evening."

The next afternoon I was driven to the airport. I ran to the terminal to catch my flight. Grandpa kept on bugging me before I realized I was late. Over the intercom, I heard, "Flight 276, New York**. Now boarding." I cursed under my breath. I reached the gate and handed the flight attendant my ticket. She smiled and gave the ticket back once she had scanned it, "Thank you very much. Enjoy your flight." I settled down in my seat and strapped on the seatbelt. I'm not very used to planes even though I've traveled with gramps loads of times***. "Good evening, this is you pilot speaking. We will be taking off shortly. Destination: New York. We should be there there in seventeen hours. Seat belts on please and enjoy the flight." I gulped. Planes are not my thing.

"Sir? Excuse me sir." I slowly opened my eyes. For a minute I didn't remeber where I was. The plane was empty except for the plane staff and me. The flight attendant said, "The plane landed fifteen minutes ago. I suggest that you get your luggage." I got up and rubbed my eyes, "Thanks." So I made it. I actually came on the plane and didn't look back at Japan. I'm in America, and I don't have enough money to get back to Japan as of now.

Once I got my bags, I went outside and got a taxi. It's a lot harder than it is in Japan. The taxi driver asked, "Where to kid?" Good thing I traveled with Grandpa before. I can speak pretty good english****. I gave the driver an address and he drove. I stared out of the window. The city lights looked beautiful. I've been to America before, but never in New York. This really is the city that never sleeps, seeing as how it's three o'clock in the morning and lights are shining everywhere. Kagome would have loved to see this.

The car stopped in front of a tall, brick building. The apartment building that belongs to one of grandpa's old friends. I grabbed my bags and walked in. Too bad my nose is so sensitive. The place reeked of rat poison and old crackers. I knocked on the door lightly. It opened about four inches before a chain, level with my eyes, stopped the door from opening any further. An eye peered through the small opening, "Yes?" I said, "I'm Inu Yasha Tatsuya-" The door slammed in my face. What the hell? I heard the chain on the door rattle and then the door opened completely, "Ah, Myoga's told me all about you!" A man slightly shorter than me, with curly brown hair surrounding his head except for the top, clad only in an old white shirt and a pair of boxers appeared. He took my hand and shook it forcefully, "Nice to meet you, uh, Tatsuya. Myoga just called, said you'd rather be called by your middle name. Anyway, I'm Ted. Ted Miller." I smiled nervously, "Uh, hi Ted." Ted grinned toothily and grabbed something from a nearby table, "Well, here are your keys. Your room is upstairs and on the left. You can get settled in there for the night. Any questions, you can come and see me." I nodded, "Thank you."

The room smelled the same as the hallway. It's kind of shabby, the wallpaper was peeling, and the window was cracked. Even the floorboards creaked. Reminds me of the times before Grandpa took me in. There was a small mattress in the corner. I laid down on it only to find that it was about two feet smaller than I was. So, I just made do with what I had and slept. Looks like I won't be seeing Tokyo for a while.

=======================

I got up the next morning, my back aching and my nose going crazy. Still smells like crackers and rat poison. I'm going to get Grandpa to send me another check so I can buy a new mattress and some air freshener. I ran out of the building and inhaled deeply. Wasn't too much help. This city is very similar to Tokyo though. There's a lot of cars, skyscrapers, and plenty of smog. I sniffed lightly and made my way down the sidewalk.

New York City isn't as glamourous as they say. At least, not where I was. The buildings were old and looked as if they were about to fall, garbage riddled the streets, and dogs and cats and rats ran freely. What worried me most was that many of the small, dark alleyways smelled of blood and fear. I've heard stories from some of grandpa's friends. They always said people were getting mugged, shot, or even killed in alleyways because police wouldn't hear or see much, and the victim would be hidden.

Eventually, I came upon a brighter area. It looked very much like a flea market in Japan. Merchants had small trucks and wagons carrying crafts, clothing, and furniture of all sorts. There were even booths where people would braid your hair! I ended up buying a lot with the money grandpa had given me. I even had to go back to my apartment once to drop off a load of items I had purchased. As the sun was setting, I decided that I should get bac home soon. Before I did, I stopped at a cart and bought stationary and some writing utensils. I'll write a letter to Kagome tonight and send her a gift.

Once I was home, I sorted through all of my spendings and tried to organize everything. Then I sat, cross-legged at the top of my mattress. And I wrote a long letter to Kagome. I put it in an envelope and put it in the box where the outgoing mail went. I sighed and lay back down on the mattress to experience another uncomfortable sleep. Goodbye Tokyo, hello New York.


*Chapter Eighteen End*

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
*= Tatsuya's half brother (guess who) is studying in London. He was mentioned in chapter two at the beginning, but not his whereabouts. And he's not evil like his preincarnation was. Just expressionless. Since he is a human and lives among them, he likes humans. He just questions why there are so many of them. So, now ya kno! lol
**=New York. I live in New York! ^_^ I picked NY because I know more about it than any other state, I've been to the city a few times (Yes, NYC) and I'm familiar with a lot of the areas. I LUV NY! lol
***=Tatsu's scared of airplanes! lol I, personally, loooove airplanes!Travel is fun!
****= Tatsuya traveled a lot with Myoga, mostly to America, where he learned a lot of english. Bilingual, yes. Oh, and when he was in Japan, I don't know Japanese and a lot of u readers don't either so, obviously, I didn't write in Japanese. Just assume they are. lol
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

InvincibleInuYasha: *Yawn* (Again) Yea, now it's a lot later than when I started writing this chapter. Sleepy. well, i got nothing left to say except, REVIEW! *yawn* G'night.