InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To Simply Be... ❯ To Simply Be... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

To Simply Be…

I walk the lone roads from village to village, and one by one, I am cast out even if they are not directly forcing me at all. To be forbidden too ever acknowledge the warmth of my past's love. My heart, barley beating behind my ribcage, is pained. Pained by the turn of events due to unpredicted fate. A fate sealed 50 years ago as my body was burned while trying to drag the Shikon No Tama down to the fires of Hell.

I was caged then, and free now. Even if the price of freedom was my death. No responsibilities to the Shikon No Tama, it was paid for with the blood that was steadily running down my wounded shoulder, telling me of my love's betrayal of Inuyasha's betrayal.

Inuyasha…Why must you haunt my existence? What do you intend to do now that I've returned in two bodies one without a true soul?

Those two questions seem plague my brain. There's not a waking moment when those questions aren't apparent in every action I say or do.

I regret yes. I regret many things, but that is in the past and the past is un-reversible. It's the present that's happening now so why dwell on thoughts and feelings of the mistakes previously?

But…Then there is that girl…Kagome was it?

She is the reincarnation of what I used to be and a reminder of what I am now. I know you want the revenge that was prolonged when I had sealed you to the tree. And now you are trying to make up for it, by destroying the hanyou Naraku.

I could have…killed you Inuyasha…But I simply couldn't, I loved you too much even though I thought you had tried to murder me. I couldn't bare the thought of you going to the same place where I was going, you were innocent in a way. And innocence should never perish.

If you could truly change the past, would you Inuyasha?

I am almost scared by your response should I ever ask you.

I walk quietly as the darkness seemed to weigh down nature's true beauty, almost as if the darkness is trying to strangle out everything that is living. Through the forest I walk, quiet and alone. It appears that's the only way fate is turning out for me. Even in death, I was alone. Alone with the wickedness of the Shikon No Tama.

I smirk, I'm always drawn back to the village I've lived, and died in. My chest tightens ever so slightly; either from pain or the lack of collected souls I'm not sure. A soul stealer glides to my side. Always faithful, never questioning, always obeying my commands. It feels the pull of the lack of contained souls.

It leaves my side and eventually returns with a soul from a young girl. It flys towards me, and I bring out my palms and wrap the around the soul. I hold it for a moment and realize that the previous owner of the soul was only a little over the young age of six.

I can feel my face go blank. I imagine a little girl with short blonde hair dancing around and playing with a group of kids, giggling happily. Then everything went black. And then the little girl was ill with a fever, and eventually everything went black again, only no more memories.

I'm sorry little one…Truly I am…

I bring the glowing orb closer to my chest, and my body absorbs the soul without hesitation. I feel guilty for keeping souls that of the young and innocent, never allowing them to be free to go peacefully.

A twig snaps. He is here…

Inuyasha

"Kikyo?"

"Yes, Inuyasha?"

"Why…?" Why are you doing this? Going on with no destination…Why? Why won't you rest in peace?

"Inuyasha, I don't have to sink myself as low to as answer your question."

He walks closer to me. And forces his arms around my back, in a tight embrace.

How I've longed to be embraced with so must furioucity and need.

"Do you still wish for my death Inuyasha?"

""

Silence accompanied his lack of response for a short while.

"Do I not belong here, with you, sharing this moment Inuyasha?"

"Tell me, I don't know…what to do anymore Kikyo." His eyes pleaded with mine to comply.

"Inuyasha, come with me to Hell." My voice wavered and I allowed it. Allowed it to show my emotion deep within my cool composer.

It pains me

"Kikyo, I can't, not until I kill Naraku for deceiving us."

"It won't change anything, just another death in this inhumane world."

"I have to, he has to pay with his life." He growled deep within his throat just then.

I-I don't want to be alone again

I smiled weakly, she really has changed you hasn't she?

You won't come with me will you?

I pull out of his embrace. His look of shock was almost adorable. In fact, amusing.

"Inuyasha, have you forgotten me?"

"Wha? No, of course not! I could never forget you!!"

I look at him sadly.

You haven't realized

Something seemed to move in the bushes not to far from here. Kagome's eyes seemed to glow with unshed tears. I gave her a stern look.

Take care of him for me.

She nodded, and left. Smart girl. If that was Inuyasha, he'd had never caught what I was trying to say. He was never that bright after all.

But then again, I never fell in love with him for his intelligence.

I began to walk away from him. Even if I had let him go, it was painful, but it was better than making my love unhappy forever.

Could, could we meat again in the next life Inuyasha? I hope so, Inuyasha, please don't forget me, but don't mourn. We will meet again.

To simply beis never enough

THE END!