InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Tokyo/Shikon High ❯ Loves A Funny Thing. ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha.


Kagome laid on her bed staring up at the ceiling. 'We kissed. He kissed me, and what does that mean? All I can think about is him, and I don't know what to do.' She thought to herself before she curled up and fell asleep.

Kikyo was over at Inuyasha's house. She and him were sitting on his bed. Kikyo leaned in and kissed him. "Hey I'm hungry do you want to go out and get something to eat?"
"Sure." Inuyasha shrugged as he rose himself off the bed, but Kikyo grabbed his arm to stop him.
"What's wrong?" Kikyo questioned. Inuyasha gave her a blank stare and yanked his arm from her grip. Kikyo softened. "Hey babe, you know you can talk to me about anything. I always care about what you're going through." She lifted off the bed and approached him.
"I'm not going through anything, what makes you think that? All I said was 'sure', I didn't think I sounded like I was fucking depressed." Inuyasha said irritably. He grabbed his coat. "Let's just go Kikyo." And he exited the room leaving Kikyo taken aback and flustered in his room.
The two were sitting in his car heading for the closest resturant. Inuyasha leaned his head on his fist as he drove. Kikyo kept glancing over at Inuyasha wondering what was up with him. "Inuyasha-"
"Damnit, Kikyo just leave me alone right now." Inuyasha said cutting her off.
"Okay Inuyasha, i will. Obviously you are going through something and taking it out on me." She paused. "Just take me home."
"What?" Inuyasha looked over at her.
"You heard me, take me home. I don't want to be around you when you act like this. I didn't do anything wrong and you're being stupid." Kikyo stated without looking at him.
"Stupid?" Inuyasha laughed. "Don't call me stupid." He didn't turn the car around. Kikyo glared at him.
"I said take me home. That means turn your fucking car around and drive towards my house." Kikyo asserted. Pointing in the other direction he was driving.
Kikyo paused and scowled. Inuyasha looked at her, sighed irritably and pushed down hard on the brakes. The car came to a rapid halt. Kikyo gasped and put her arms out to stop her whole body running through the front window of the car. Inuyasha pushed down on the gas and made an expeditious U-turn and drove Kikyo home.
Inuyasha came to an abrupt stop in her driveway. Kikyo sat in his car with her fists clenched and looked up at him, her eyes tearing up. "I don't know what is wrong with you Inuyasha, but whatever it is it gives you no right to take it out on me. I'm your girlfriend and I care for you. I can't belive you would act like this to me. Don't talk to me, don't call, don't even look at me. Until you can explain what the hell this is all about." She got out of the car and threw the door shut. Without looking at her Inuyasha immediatly drove away.

When he got into his room he fell into his bed and hid his face in his hands. 'What the fuck man, what the fuck are you doing?' He thought. He took off his coat and wipped it into the corner of his room.
"All this fuss because you have feelings for another chick."
Inuyasha looked up surprised. Shessoumaru was leaning on the frame of the doorway into Inuyasha's room.
"What are you talking about?" Inuyasha said violently staring up at his older brother.
"I, am talking about you and how you have feelings for someone other than Kikyo." Shessoumaru nonchalantly stated.
"Get out of my business, don't talk to me." He said stubbornly.
"Fine, but you can't be with two girls at the same time." Shessoumaru paused. "Well just you can't." He smirked, then exited Inuyasha's room.
"Stupid fucker, he doesn't even know anything about anything i'm going through. Thinks he can just waltz in here and tell me what to do." Inuyasha stormily said to himself. His thoughts were broken by his ring tone of New Found Glory *I've been waiting for a good day, i've been holding back long enough, i've been hurting to tell you some things.* Inuyasha walked over to his coat and rummaged through it in search of his cell phone. When he found it he was surprised to see it was Kagome.
"Um hello?" He stumbled.
"Uh Kouga?" Kagome questioned.
"No, this is Inuyasha not Kouga." He said heatedly.
"Oh oh my god, I'm sorry I must have been thinking about something else and called you instead, sorry Inu." Kagome laughed off her imbarrisment.
"Yea, whatever. What were you thinking about?" He asked curiously.
"Oh um I don't know, nothing really, I don't even remember." Kagome said uncomfortably since she was thinking about him. "Sorry, um I'm gunna go!" Then she hung up.
Inuyasha was confused and annoyed that she was calling Kouga. He was irritable and shut his phone off. He walked over to his couch and turned on the music booming.

-----

In school Miroku and Sango were talking in the hall before class. "You notice Inuyasha today; very distant. Wonder what's up with him?" Miroku said nodding towards a sulking Inuyasha walking toward his locker. Sango looked over and shrugged.
"That's weird, usually he is just mad or cocky." Sango stated as she grabbed a geometry book out of her locker. Miroku turned back to Sango and watched her struggle in finding the weekend homework.
"Wanna chill this Wednesday or something, just you and me?" Miroku bluntly asked.
"Uh" Sango paused. "Sure, just let me know and we will deffinently hangout and do something." She smiled and gave him a kiss on the cheek before she walked away and into her classroom.

Kirara sat in the very back of the class room with Sango and Ayame. She was trying to text without getting caught. Sango was conversing with Ayame about her date with Miroku. Kirara blushed and laughed to herself.
"What are you giggling about, who are you texting?" Ayame interjected.
"Bankoutsu, he's just talking about how much his work sucks." Kira smiled.
"Oh." Ayame said dissapointed and not interested anymore. She leaned back into her seat and looked up at the teacher. He was staring at the group of them.
"Ladies!" The teacher chastened. Kirara jumped up in her seat and dropped her phone. It fell to the floor and rolled under the desk of her neibor. The teacher started to walk back the row of desks. Kirara looked frantically over at Sango and Ayame.
"Pick it up! Hurry before he sees." Ayame hissed, but too late the teacher was standing by Kira's desk with his hand stretched out expectantly.
"Let me have it." He chastened. Kira looked back and forth from the teacher to Sango and Ayame. She shrugged and leaned back.
"What are you talking about?"
The teacher seemed angry at her response. "I want the cell phone. Give it to me." All the kids were smiling and looking at Kira's cell phone under a kids desk. The teacher looked at the kids and followed thier stares and peeked under the desk. He scowled and picked it up.
"Thank-you Kirara." The teacher said holding it out in front of her, then turned around and walked back up to the front of the class room.
"Shit." Kirara mumbled as she slumped low into her seat.

Kirara complained about the situation with her cell phone to the girls as they walked down the hall. "You guys I can't get my phone back unless my guardians pick it up themselves!" Kirara whined.
"So, just have them come in after school today." Ayame advised.
"No, they are out on a cruise for their Honeymoon. They won't be back for another two weeks!" Kirara slammed her locker.
Rin was watching the electric guy working on some wires in the ceiling. He dropped one of his tools and cussed to himself. Rin ran over and picked it up.
"Hi, what are you doing?" She asked as she held up the tool for him to take.
"I'm working on some wires in the ceiling that connect to the security cameras." He grumbled and leaned down to grab the tool.
"What's wrong with them?"
"They are not working right."
"Why?"
"I don't know, that's what i'm trying to figure out." He said irritably.
"Oh, do they not work at all?" Rin continued to question.
"No, they don't." The man mumbled.
"Oh that stinks. How long is it going to take to fix them?"
"Probably a week. Now leave me alone I need to concentrate on what I'm doing." The man scolded and returned to tending the wires poking out of the ceiling.
"Okay!" Rin smiled and walked back over to Ayame and Kiara. They looked at her like she was crazy.
"Rin what were you doing?" Kirara said as she galnce up at the clock on the wall. "Ugh never mind. I gotta go." She said then turned and rushed down the hall.

Kirara sat by Sango and Rin at the lunch table across from Inuyasha, Kouga, Ayame and Kagome. She complained about what was gunna happen if she doesn't have her phone and how she is going to kill the teacher that took it.
"Ah! I just wish I could walk right in there and steal it back without him even knowing. I'm so pissed." She grumbled.
"Please, don't be seriouse Kira." Sango said while she poked at the greesy noodles on her plate.
"I do have to say that stinks that you got caught." Miroku said.
"Yeah I know." She sighed.
"Just break in and get it." Kouga smirked.
"What? I was joking before, Kouga." Kirara snapped.
"Yeah, just sneak in and take it!" Rinsaid excited. Everyone gave her a questionable look.
"What are you talking about?" Kirara said pointing her fork at her. Rin looked at everyone then gethered her thoughts.
"Okay well, I have it figured out. The security camera's in the school don't work right now. You can just sneak in and grab your phone while the teacher is on cafeteria duty!" Rin expressed excitedly. Everyone just looked at her. Kouga laughed at her and called her stupid. Kira sat there and thought about it.
"How much trouble would I get in if I broke into a teachers class room when they weren't there and took a phone.. that belonged to me?" Kirara questioned after she thought it over throughly.
"Are you seriouse Kira? Don't listen to Rin. This is the dumbest idea i've heard. Ever." Uttered Sango.
"But if you just think it over it's perfect! I know for a fact that he works cafeteria duty like the lunch before this one. I can just excuse myself from class and sneak into his room with out getting caught."
"You'll get caught." Kagome Inturrupted.
"No, the security camera's are not working, so there's no way for them to know. I can do it tomorrow!"
"How are you going to get in? Teachers lock thier doors when they leave their room." Miroku informed her.
"Oh I know, you could put tape over the latch thing!" Kagome butted in. "I saw it in a movie!" She smiled at Kirara. "Try it, if he notices then what's there to loose? He will just take it off."
"Yea, for sure going to steal my phone back tomorrow." Kirara reported about 5 minutes later.

---------

Kirara raised her hand and questioned. "Could I go to the restroom please?" The teacher nodded. She exited the class and headed down the hallway towards the teachers room that was keeping her cellphone prisoner. Kira krept up to the door and peeked through the window. The room was dark. She looked up and down the hall for anyone that might be meandering around. She reached down, cracked the door open and quickly slipped into the room. She looked on the teachers desk. Her heart was beating fast from being nervouse of getting caught. "Agh, where is my cell phone?!" She hissed. She searched the teachers desk and opened the top drawer, and there it was. "Yesssssss." She said and hopped up and down in joy of being reunited with her cell phone. She stored it in her pocket and crepted out of the room after peeling off the tape that sealed the latch.
"Oh my god, I can't believe you did it!" Sango gasped in disbelief at the lunch table. Kirara was flashing her phone infont of her friends proudly, until she relized her phone was in plain sight of the rest of the cafeteria. She quickly shoved it back into her pocket.
"No one saw you?" Kagome questioned.
"What about the teacher, didn't he notice you were gone for a long period of time?" Miroku asked.
"Nope." She said smugly.
"Yea, and she wasn't even gone long!." Rin reported.
"I would stay low and not bring your phone to school at all for a while now Kira." Sango pointed. "Because he is going to find out that, that phone is missing and he is going to report it or something."
"Uh, yeah. Of course I'm going to keep it at home." Kira laughed. "God do you know how much trouble I would be in if I got caught with it when my teacher was supposed to have it?" Everyone agreed.
The cafeteria bell rang and everyone got up and headed for their next classes. Kagome looked over at Inuyasha as he got up from the lunch table. 'What's been up with him lately?' She thought to herself immediatly thinking about the kiss they shared. She didn't know why she was so akward around him now, it's not like she has never kissed a guy before. 'It was just a pointless and insignifigant kiss, it ment nothing. Well, at least to him it meant nothing.' Kagome saddened herself by thinking this. She walked slow hoping Inuyasha would maybe catch up with her and want to talk. She snuck a glance back at him and saw that he was staring back at her. She whipped her head back around and blushed. 'I wonder if he saw me looking at him?' She entered the art room and got her sad excuse for a drawing out of her assigned shelf then sat down at a vacant table. Rin and Miroku couldn't sit with her because they had large projects and were stuck in the back of the art room.
Inuyasha came into the class and sat down across from Kagome with his project, which also was a terrible drawing. She looked up and mumbled. "Hey, what's up?"
"Nothing." Inuyasha sighed. Kagome looked at him confused. She couldn't take it any longer, she had been watching Inuyasha mope around for the past 2 days. She needed to know what was up with him.
"So what have you been up to lately?" She asked curiously.
"Nothing much." Inuyasha said, he knew what she was going to ask next so he spared her from even asking. "Kikyo and I are fighting."
'Oh, that must be why he has been so distant latly, he's thinking about Kikyo and what they are going through.' Kagome thought to herself dissapointed that him and Kikyo were together in the first place.
"I didn't know that you were. I didn't hear of it or anything, so I figured you guys were going good. Do you want to talk about it?" Kagome asked sincerely.
"No, I don't." He mumbled as he scribbled black in different sections of the paper.
"Okay. Well if you ever want to talk Inuyasha. You know I'm here." She said as she placed her hand on his and smiled. Inuyasha looked at her hand.
"Yeah, thanks." He stared back at her. "I'll remember that."

Kikyo was outside the school at the end of the day waiting for her parents to pick her up. Inuyasha walked out and saw her leaning on a tree picking at her split ends. He sighed and walked over to her. She looked up at him and gave him a blank face.
"Kikyo, I'm sorry for being a dick." He put his arms around her. "I had a lot on my mind and I was frustrated with things. It wasn't right to take it out on you though."
Kikyo didn't make contact and was silent for a while. "I accept your apology, but why were you so upset?" She asked and looked up at him.
He hesitated and broke his eyes away from hers. "Um, just family.. my brother and I got into it." He lied. He couldn't tell Kikyo about him haveing feelings for Kagome and being torn between two women.
"Oh, well I hope everything is better." She said and threw her arms around his neck and kissed his cheek. Her parents drove up and she started to walk towards the car. "I'll see you later baby. Call me tonight so we can hang out!" She said as she got into the car and waved goodbye.

Sango drove to Miroku's house that evening. She stopped in front and beeped the horn. Miroku rushed out of his house and hopped into her car.
"Where to?" She asked after he got situated.
"Lets go to the Cafe. We haven't been there for awhile." Miroku requested as he leaned in to turn up Kanye West's song Flashing lights playing on the radio. Sango pressed the gas and headed into town.
When they got into the coffee chop they sat down near a window. And looked at the menu.
"Oh iced Mocha sounds good." Sango pointed out.
"Get whatever you want, it's on me." Miroku smiled and put down his menu.
"Really? You sure?" Sango asked looking up from hers.
"Yes, Sango I'm positive."
"Oh alright it's up to you." She laughed and sat her menu down. Miroku went up and ordered. Sango got a text message. She reached into her purse and opened her phone. It was from Kagome.

Kagome: I like Inuyasha and i don't know what to do about it. I am so sick of being around him and just hearing about Kikyo! Oh and how is your date Sango?
Sango: There is really nothing you can do Kags. Wait it out. If you are thinking of sabatoging Kikyo you will have to talk to Ayame or Kirara. They are experts on that sort of stuff. But the date is good. Gotta go though, tell me what you figure out with the Inuyasha thing.

Miroku walked up to Sango with their drinks and handed Sango her Cappucino.
"Who was that?" Miroku asked as he sat down.
"Oh that was Kagome." She said taking a sip of her drink.
"What did she want?"
"Nothing- Ah! Ow!!" Sango wimpered after burning her mouth on the hot drink.

Sango drove Miroku home after they conversed over coffee. She stopped infront of his house. "Tonight was nice, lets do it more often." Sango smiled and looked at Miroku.
"Yes, we will have to go again soon." Miroku said staring at her. She leaned in and kissed him.
"I'll see ya later hot stuff." Sango said as Miroku got out of the car. Miroku waved goodbye and she drove away.

Inuyasha was in his lounge room watching television. He kept looking down at his phone. 'Should I call her?' He thought to himself. Finally he picked up his phone and dialed Kikyo's number.
"Hello." Came a cracked voice on the other line.
"Hey Kikyo. Sorry for calling so late. I have been busy." He lied, again.
"Oh that's okay, I was worrying that you weren't going to call at all. What time is it?" She mumbled.
"It's not that late. Like 12ish." Inuyasha scoffed.
"Well I happen to go to bed around eleven so it is late enough for me." She grumbled. "But thanks for calling Inuyasha. Let's make plans to hang out this week okay?"
"Yeah, okay." He said nodding his head.
"Well, goodnight babe." She said and hung up.
He got up and tossed his phone on the couch. He ventured over to his mini fridge and pulled out a beer. Then headed out of his room and towards Sesshoumaru's. He knocked and then walked into Sesshoumaru's lounge. He was sitting on his couch drinking wiskey, looking at a magazine.
"Hey bro, what's up." Inuyasha mumbled as he walked over and fell into the couch beside him. Shessoumaru looked over with a raised eyebrow.
"I am sitting here, with my drink, and looking at the women in this magazine. What are you doing if I may ask?"
"I really don't want to sit in my room alone, because all I'm going to think about is how I am interested in two different girls who are completely different. On top of that they hate eachother. Fucking annoying." He complained and quickly downed half his beer. Shesshoumaru looked at him and sighed.
"This is what happens when you get involved with a girl. You have responsibilities. You can't be with Kagome when you are already with Kikyo." He turned the page of his magazine. "That's why I am never in a seriouse relationship." Inuyasha gave him a beffudled look.
"You are involved with Rin." He stated. Shessoumaru gave him a glare.
"I am involved with her, but we have nothing seriouse going on. We do not talked about what we are or what our relationship is. We do not call each other 'boyfriend&girlfriend' so we are nothing in my eyes." Sesshoumaru got up to refill his glass.
"Grab me another beer Shessoumaru while you are over there." Inuyasha said looking over the coach at him.

After about 6 more alcoholic beverages the conversations became deeper and more slurred. Sesshoumaru was like a guidence counseler with Inuyasha laying on the couch confessing all his sins and personal feelings about situations in life.
"Sometimes I think that I should just drop Kikyo, because, she is like such a caunt bag somtimes. Kagome is nice, all the time, god, Kikyo is sexy though." Inuyasha said covering his face with his hands confused.
"Rin is very clingy. Sometimes I just want her to get the hell away from me. But she's so innocent when she's around me it makes me want her more. You know what I'm saying?" Sesshoumaru slurred a bit. Inuyasha nodded.
"I can get what I want at anytime with Kikyo. Kagome is innocent so it's just like, I'd have to work for it if I was with her. I like that." Inuyasha nodded to himself. Sesshoumaru looked at the clock on the wall.
"Its almost 2. We have school tomorrow." He said as he leaned back on the couch and stared up at the ceiling. "This was a nice drunk talk between brothers I think." Shesshoumaru stated still staring at his ceiling. Inuyasha leaned back and did the same.
"Yea I guess. Girls are fucking weak they need to leave this planet." Inuyasha scoffed.
"Women are amazing creatures. I hope they stick around and not fly off to some planet, because if they're gone, what am I going to have sex with?" Sesshoumaru paused and shot a glance at Inuyasha. "Don't say animals or other men either." He growled. Inuyasha chuckled to himself.
"I don't know, I think I'm going to go for a drive. Just to chill out." Inuyasha said as he got up off the couch and stretched. Sesshoumaru got up and looked at his brother.
"If you go for a drive don't be a jackass and stay off the main roads. I'll blame myself if I found out that you got splattered on the highway because you were out being a drunk ass." Shessoumaru said as he headed for his bedroom. Inuyasha nodded and exited his brothers lounge.

Inuyasha grabbed a jacket and walked out of his house onto the driveway. He opened up the door to sit in his car closing it behind him. He just stayed there for a second breathing in the cold air of November thinking about Kagome. It surprised him that the first thing that came to his mind wasn't Kikyo. He started up his car and slowly drove out his driveway. As he was driving Kagome and Kikyo flashed through his mind. It annoyed him that he couldn't just drop the subject, but it was like the two halves of his brain were argueing over who was the better girl. Inuyasha didn't pay attention to were he was going, just followed the road. He soon ended up in Kagome's part of town. It took him by surprise. Immediatly he picked up his phone, and dialed.
Kagome was asleep in her bed under her warm covers. When her phone rang. 'Who is calling me in the middle of the night?!' She thought to herself and continued to lay there. It kept ringing. 'Just stop ringing, just stop ringing.' Kagome pulled her pillow over her head. Finally she got up and walked over to her phone. She picked it up to block the call but saw that it was Inuyasha on the caller ID. 'What is Inuyasha doing calling me at 2:30 in the morning?' She thought as she answered the phone with a croak.
"Hello?"
Inuyasha was surprised she picked up, her phone rang so long he was about to hang up. "Kagome. It's Inuyasha."
"Yea, I know. What are you doing calling me so late. Is there something wrong?" Kagome asked concerned. Inuyasha smiled to himself.
"No I just felt like calling you. I'm outside of your house, and I don't know why, I guess I just felt like stopping by too." Inuyasha stumbled over his words.
"What, you are outside?" Kagome said shocked. She walked over to her window and looked out. Inuyasha was leaning on his car infront of her house in her driveway. "Why, or um. Hold on a second." She said and quickly grabbed a pair of boots and a hoodie. 'I can't believe I am going outside in this!' She thought to herself as she snuck down her steps and walked outside. Inuyasha looked at her and smiled. She was wearing a tight light blue tank top and a large pink jacket with short shorts that had a little cupcake design on them with light tan boots. She scampered outside and up to Inuyasha. "What are you doing here Yash?" She asked.
"I don't know I was just driveing around and this was the first place that came to my mind." Inuyasha looked down at her and smiled.
"You were driving around at 2 in the morning?" She sighed. Then gaped at him. "Inuyasha have you been drinking?" She leaned up to smell him. "You have I can smell it!"
"Yea I had a few beers." He said pausing to smell his breath. "I guess you're right, I do smell like alcohol." He laughed and shivered.
"How are you going to get home? You can't leave my house drunk!" Kagome asked in conceren. Then thought for a minute. "You will have to stay here." She shivered. He looked down at her freezing her butt off outside just because he had to call her because he wanted to see her.
"I don't know, I got here fine didn't I?" Inuyasha asked.
"I don't know if you did or not. But I don't want you to try to drive again. You can't even stand up straight." She said acknowledging his body stuctures. Inuyasha laughed and looked down at Kagome. Acknowleging HER body structure.
"You look really cute in what you're wearing Kagome." He slurred. She blushed.
"Really? Um this is just my pajamas, but thanks." She said checking for what exactly she was wearing that seemed at all attractive.
"You always wear cute things. You always look good." Inuyasha mumbled and came in closer to her. Kagome looked at him and then looked away.
'C'mon Kagome. He's being a drunk boy right now, don't believe what he's saying, don't believe it!' She thought to herself. She looked back at him and gasped. His face was an inch away from hers. She blushed and shivered again. Then looked away.
'Oh my god those eyes!' She thought as her blush deepened. She yelped as Inuyasha pulled her close to him. He was warm and it felt so right, a perfect fit. He hugged the front of his jacket around her and held her close. Kagome sighed, she never wanted him to let her go, but soon she snapped back to reality. He was drunk, she was sober, and he has a girlfriend. Kagome cleared her throught and pulled away from him.
"What's wrong?" Inuyasha asked confused when she did this. She looked away and wrapped her jacket tighter around her. She was so cold, now that she lost Inuyasha's body near to hers.
"Nothing. I just think we should be getting inside." She took his hand and led him into her house, and up into her room. Just like Inuyasha before her she gave him the choice of the couch or the bed or she could take the couch and he could have the bed.
"I'll sleep wherever you sleep." He said nonchalant. She looked at him surprised and nodded. Honestly she wasn't going to say no to that. She crawled into her bed with Inuyasha. After they were settled she shut off the lights and snuggled up to him. 'Once again another night ending up with us together. If only it were always like this, instead of only occuring on convenient and random drunk nights.' She sighed and drifted off to sleep wrapped gently in Inuyasha's arms.





-end-
------------------------------ -------


Reviews plaese, they are very much appriciated =]