InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Tomorrow ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue
 
This story is a “What happened next” fanfic, that I can finally write on the basis that the manga has actually come to an end, after twelve years and 558 chapters. Who knew? And a lot happened in those 558 chapters, before them, and after them as well...
 
A Quick Timeline
 
Winter, 1296: InuYasha born.
 
Summer, 1445: InuYasha and Kikyo meet.
 
Summer, 1446: Naraku born; InuYasha and Kikyo have their explosive breakup.
 
May 1496: Kagome comes out of the well, unseals InuYasha and shatters the Shikon No Tama. And so it begins...
 
May 1497: Naraku killed, Shikon No Tama purified, Kagome disappears back to her world. Miroku and Sango are married, Rin starts living with Kaede, Kohaku goes travelling.
 
Late February 1498: Miroku and Sango have twin daughters, Yuki and Haruka.
 
June 1500: Miroku and Sango have a son, Kazuki. Kagome returns from her time forever and marries InuYasha.
 
Manga ends...
 
September 1501: InuYasha and Kagome have a son, Isamu.
 
June 1505: Kohaku returns from his training journey. Miroku and Sango have another son, Michio. Kaede dies of old age not long after.
 
January 1506: Kohaku and Rin are married.
 
March 1507: Kohaku and Rin have a son, Yoshinori.
 
April 1507: InuYasha and Kagome have a daughter, whom they call Kiki.
 
August 1508: Sango and Miroku have their final child, a daughter called Hitomi.
 
July 1511: Kohaku and Rin have another son, Takumi.
 
August 1516: A monk visiting the capital hysterically pronounces a number of townspeople to be youkai. He is proven correct, and fears grow that youkai are infiltrating every city in the land with intent to kill. A young captain comes up with a decisive plan to deal with this threat and is promised immense promotion if it succeeds.
 
March 1517: The campaign against the youkai begins.
 
August 1517: The fanfic begins...
 
May 1981: Higurashi Kagome born.
 
May 1996: Higurashi Kagome turns fifteen and falls into a magical well on her family's property.
 
March 1997: Kagome returns to her time and starts going to high school.
 
Spring 2000: Kagome graduates from high school and returns to the past forever.
***************************************************************** **********************************
***************************************************************** **********************************
 
The timeline is based against the only date that I do have- May 1996, Happy 15th Kagome- and InuYasha's human nights. I've had a shot at being historically accurate, but some of it might be a but fuzzy because I don't know much, but then I figured that neither do most people, so eh. I am happy for pointers about really serious mistakes in the Japanese history or language, as long as it's not “This is historically inaccurate because InuYasha never ACTUALLY existed”.
 
InuYasha is the property of Takahashi Rumiko-Sensei, and I claim no ownership of any of it. All couples not involving original characters will be strictly canon. Aside from Haruka, Yuki and Kazuki, I made up all of the kids, though since birthdates other than Kazuki's were never really stated in the manga, nor names, I've made these up as well. This fanfic will make little sense if you have not read the entire manga, and I'm afraid that to read the last twenty or so volumes you will have to (at the time of writing) venture into the internet, but I strongly suggest that you do buy the Tankoban volumes for yourself, so that Takahashi-sensei can afford to continue gracing us with her imagination. Anyway, hope you enjoy the fic. ^_-