InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Trouble in the Past ❯ Here we go again.. ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Sensing Inuyasha about to cut him in half the bear took its enormous claw and swatted him away like a measly fly. Inuyasha hit the ground with such a force, he made a small crater in the softened forest soil. Kagome gasped for Inuyasha's safety while Miroku and Sango decided it would be best to help pitch in while Inuyasha was out for a while. Miroku sped off toward the beast and threw some binding surtras around its legs and arms freezing it only momentarily. Sango chucked her Hiraikotsu hard with help from momentum from Kilala, but to no avail. It just knocked him in the head bouncing off the thick fur the bear had.

The demon then turned its ugly fur face toward Kagome grinning, "Ah, you will be my first victim. I always start off with young innocent morsels first." he chuckled.

'Oh no' thought Kagome, 'What do I do?' Frozen to the spot her legs refused to make her run.

"Wind Scar!!" Inuyasha had finally come to and flew at the beast with intense rage, obviously he hated being out during a big fight. The demon hardly had any time to turn around and defend himself from the attack, his massive jaws drew in a heavy gasp and he was obliterated by the Tetsusaiga. Body parts now littered the battle ground with clumps of fur still floating around in the air.

"Kagome," hollered Inuyasha, "Where is that damn shard, you said he had one!"

"I just saw it! Where did it go?" Kagome looked everywhere for it but it was hardly to be detected, seen or felt.

So now it became the hunt for the shard in the dense woods, this was to be no simple task especially if Kagome couldn't sense it. Inuyasha started pitching a fit about how Kagome lost the shard and it was all her fault, while Miroku and Sango took the more rational path.

"Inuyasha," pleaded Miroku in his dignified kind of way, "Don't get all mad at Kagome for not being able to find the shard right away,"

"Right," intruded Sango, "Besides you could've looked for it to right after you sliced that demon up. So don't go blaming someone else for something you could've done yourself." With that Sango folded her arms and glared at Inuyasha a 'I told you so' look.

Inuyasha couldn't stand being cut up like that and blew his lid, "Hey nice speech Miss High and Mighty!! What makes you so righteous that you couldn't have looked for the jewel too!! Lets see you put your weapon where your mouth is, Huh SANGO!!!"

Sango tried to keep her composure the best she could, but being challenged like that rational thought was the least on her mind. "Hey DOG, I am looking for the shard, I don't see you trying to find it considering all you're doing is yelling at people!!"

The two of them were at a non-stoppable pace, each dissing the other after every other word. Miroku left the area looking the shard and away from the two who were acting like 3 year olds. He couldn't deal with all the petty arguing so off he went. Kagome also was walking away from the two, normally it was her and Inuyasha arguing like this, so it was nice for a change for someone else to get yelled at. She turned back and looked at the two while they were still in view. Sango was now in Inuyasha's face poking his chest causing him to cower a little more with each poke. 'Is that how I look when I argue with Inuyasha?' Kagome wondered, Inuyasha had now taken off from Sango storming off in the opposite direction.

Kagome shook her head, will he ever learn its better just to be rational sometimes. Oh well, not much she could do now other than look for the shard. Turning back around she saw a little white puff jump in front of her. "Kagome!" it was Shippou, and it looked like he found something a few yards in front of her. "I found it, I have the shard! Here Kagome you can have it now." grinned Shippou.

"Thanks Shippou," smiled Kagome. She stared making her way towards Shippou to take the shard when a black creature swooped down and snatched it straight away from Shippou.

"OW!!! ow ow ow ow owie!!!" moaned Shippou holding his fingers tightly, "The bird bit my fingers when he stole the shard!!"

Kagome picked up Shippou consoling him and nursing his boo-boo. She scanned the trees looking for the bird that has the shard. Then feeling a pulse from behind her she turned and screamed. The bird was only a few feet away from Kagome, its three eyes fixed on her. She ducked just in time a few centimeters away from hitting her. Inuyasha jumped down from the trees and stood in front of her.

"What did you see Kagome?" he peered around them but saw nothing. But looking up there were three eyes staring him down. "CAW!!" There in its mouth was the shard gleeming teasing Inuyasha just to snatch it away from the bird.

"Damn," Inuyasha scowled, "It's a crow-demon, I hate those bastards! They are what got me into this shard hunting in the first place!"

The others now were at Kagome's side curious about all the screaming. "What was it Inuyahsa, why did Kagome scream?" asked Miroku standing Kagome up. "It's a crow-demon," Inuyasha replied, "And he has the shard in his damn beak."

"CAW!" was all the crow said and off it flew, up and out of the trees, leaving the five of them standing there watching. "Well," said Inuyasha, "What are you waiting for, let get him!!"