InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Turn back time ❯ Turn Back Time ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or “If I Could Turn Back Time,” by Cher. Sorry if this disappoints you.
 
 
The hanyou sat near the well, thinking of what had occurred earlier. “I can't believe you went to be with Kikyo again! I never want to see your face again, Inuyasha. I'm going back to my own time, for good!” “Fine! See if I care! I don't need to spend me time with a lousy wench like you anyway!” Inuyasha regretted those words now.
 
 
*If I could turn back time
If I could find a way I'd take back those words that hurt you and you'd stay*
 
“Why did I tell her that? Why did I make her leave again? Me and my damn mouth!”

*I don't know why I did the things I did I don't know why I said the things I said
Pride's like a knife it can cut deep inside
Words are like weapons they wound sometimes. *


Kagome had jumped into the well, tears streaming down her face. Why had he done it? He couldn't stand to see her hurt, especially when he was the one who caused it.
 
*I didn't really mean to hurt you I didn't wanna see you go I know I made you cry, but baby*
“If only I could take it back,” he murmured, leaping down into the well to apologize.

*If I could turn back time
If I could find a way
I'd take back those words that hurt you
And you'd stay
*
 
As he left the well shrine, he saw Kagome and her mother sitting by the Goshinboku. He decided to stay hidden as he looked up at the night sky. “I wish I could give you the stars, Kagome.”
*If I could reach the stars
I'd give them all to you
Then you'd love me, love me
Like you used to do

If I could turn back time*
 
“You have to back, Kagome.” “I can't, Mama, not this time. It hurts too much to even think of him. After what he did, what he said. He called me a wench, said he didn't want me around. It hurts, Mama.” “I know, sweetie, I know.” Then and there, Inuyasha felt his heart begin to break.

*My world was shattered I was torn apart
Like someone took a knife and drove it deep in my heart
You walked out that door I swore that I didn't care
But I lost everything darling then and there*
“I'm so sorry, Kagome. I…didn't mean it. I never wanted to hurt you. Please don't cry, Kagome. Not because of me. Don't cry.”

*Too strong to tell you I was sorry
Too proud to tell you I was wrong
I know that I was blind, and ooh...*
Kagome sat crying in her mother's arms and Inuyasha stepped forward. “Kagome…” he whispered. Slowly, she turned her head.

*If I could turn back time
If I could turn back time
If I could turn back time
ooh baby*
 
“Can't you just leave me alone?” she screamed. Inuyasha felt a pain deep in his chest. “Kagome… I'm… I'm sorry.” Kagome looked up at him, eyes filled with tears.

*I didn't really mean to hurt you
I didn't want to see you go
I know I made you cry*
 
“I never meant to hurt you. The last thing I'd ever want to do is cause you pain, Kagome. Please believe me” Kagome stood and walked over to the hanyou. She reached up and slapped his face. Inuyasha put a hand to his cheek.

*If I could turn back time
If I could find a way
I'd take back those words that hurt you
*
“I can't forgive you, Inuyasha. Not this time. This time, it hurt too much. I can't forgive you.” Her words stung to his core. “I loved you once, Inuyasha, it was then that I forgave you. But I've used up all my kindness. I just can't deal with this pain again.”
 
*If I could reach the stars
I'd give them all to you
Then you'd love me, love me
Like you used to do*

Inuyasha let a tear roll down his cheek, not caring who saw, as Kagome left him and walked into the house. Her mother looked at Inuyasha and simply shook her head. “I can't forgive you, not this time.” The words hung over him like a dark cloud. “If only I could go back and change what I said.”
 
 
 
*If I could turn back time (turn back time)
If I could find a way (find a way)*
Inuyasha wiped the tear away and walked back towards the well. He took one last look at the Higurashi shrine and muttered, “Goodbye, Kagome. I'm sorry.”
 
*Then baby, maybe, maybe
You'd stay
Reach the stars
If I could reach the stars*