InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Two brothers ❯ Part 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part 5
 
 
A/N: Ha this chapter will be full of OOC-ness. I'm very sorry for that! Still feeling the love from you guys, thank you so much!
 
On FF.net
Sesskagufan13
ALLheartsONfraya
Anne Lynn
Kiari13
Soojinyeh
Sychotic
 
ArtemisdelaLune (LOOOL! Is there more to their separation? Hum... we'll see. Was Inuyasha spying? Probably. Was Sesshy right in his assumption? Kinda. I really like all your theories detective. I guess you'll soon see if you were right or not.)
 
Killersupergirl (Stop thinking the worst of Sesshy he won't hurt Inuyasha anymore... maybe... possibly.)
 
On MM.org
Zetsuii (Oh if you thought that was intense, you're going to die after this chapter lol!)
 
Disclaimer: Don't own, don't sue.
 
 
Talking”
'Thoughts'
 
 
 
Inuyasha was busy making himself some ramen when he heard someone knock on his front door. With a sigh he left behind his bowl of comfort food and went to answer the door.
 
“Feh! You don't know when to quit, do you? Well, Kagura I'm still angry, so I don't want to talk to you.” The hanyou said loudly enough for the person on the other side of the door to hear him.
 
“Wrong. It is not the witch but this Sesshoumaru. Open the door Inuyasha.” A grave voice spoke back to him.
 
“Keh! Why would I? Didn't I beat you enough for today?”
 
Sesshoumaru scoffed and ignored his younger brother's jab before speaking. “Open the door little brother. There is something I need to tell you.”
 
Reluctantly the inu hanyou opened the front door of his apartment. Sesshoumaru wasted no time to slip inside and headed for the living room. After settling himself on the couch, he took out his pack of cigarettes.
 
“Having your stink in my apartment is bad enough, so don't smoke.” Inuyasha barked at his brother.
 
“Your eye is swelling. You better put some ice on it little brother.” Sesshoumaru answered replacing his pack of cigarettes in his pocket.
 
“I will only if you put ice on your raw knuckles.” The younger brother retorted slyly. “Anyway did you come here to advise me, or what?!”
 
“No need to be so vindictive. As I said I came to talk.” Sesshoumaru stated indicating with a finger gesture for his brother to sit next to him.
 
Inuyasha crossed his arms over his chest, walked past the sofa and sat on a desk chair opposite to his brother. “I'm sure you're here to talk about Kagura, so go ahead. If you don't wanna start talking, you know where the door is...”
 
“We have always competed for everything, haven't we? From as far back as I remember you have always been after what belonged to me” Sesshoumaru mused.
 
“Feh! Not my fault if you have a tendency to label as yours things that don't belong to you...” Inuyasha responded with a grunt. “Things like the Tessaiga or Kagura...”
 
“Is that so? Father may have decided to hand to you his old sword, but when it comes to Kagura you are mistaken. The two of us share a long history, it is therefore not surprising that she came back to me.” The elder sibling said his eyes shining brightly. He did however prevent a possessive groan from escaping his throat.
 
“Really? She went to you? Feh! I don't buy that. Why don't you tell me everything that happened then?” Inuyasha requested.
 
“Why? Do you wish to know what you are up against?” The elder brother asked with a cocky grin.
 
“Nope I'd just like to be informed that's all. I know how underhanded you can be” The hanyou remarked.
 
“Fetch me a drink and I will tell you all you want to hear.” After Inuyasha placed a glass of bourbon in his hand, Sesshoumaru started speaking. “I met Kagura when I was a freshman in college. After an argument, father had decided to cut me off and I needed money, so I took on a tutoring job. She was one of my students, but I soon realized the job was not suited for me, so I resigned.” Sesshoumaru started, to be suddenly interrupted.
 
“If I recall correctly, the old man stopped giving you pocket money because you called my mom a whore, didn't you? And I'm pretty sure your tyrannic and anti social tendencies were the reason you stopped tutoring kids. Their parents couldn't have you traumatizing their poor kids. I mean they were already failing in school and all...” Inuyasha commented scratching his ear lightly.
 
“At the time of my argument with father, this Sesshoumaru was more immature and impetuous than I am today. That is anyway of little importance at the moment...” The dog demon said sadly, dismissing the matter. Inuyasha refrained from commenting as he was too shocked by the fact that his brother had just criticized himself.
 
'Another episode on a long string of regrets.' The dog demon thought with a sigh. 'I understand father better now. When you truly love someone, I guess you can not always refrain from making shameful selfish decisions. Such as going after your own brother's girlfriend.' Sesshoumaru thought with a sigh. A part of him wanted to apologize to Inuyasha for his behavior, but he could not find the words. Instead he resumed his tale about Kagura and him.
 
“Anyway Kagura kept in contact with me. At the time she was an annoying loud mouthed pest who would not take no for an answer, so I had no choice but to go out with her.”
 
“Feh! As if she's any different now.” The two brothers chuckled slightly at Inuyasha's remark.
 
“Somehow we... fell in love, and we stayed together for two years. When I had to go to New York for my working study internship we broke up. I will be honest, I asked Kagura to come with me, but she grew afraid and turned me down. Had I been more... understanding of Kagura's feelings at the time, things with no doubt would have turned out differently. I am sure we would even still be together.” He finished his explanation of his shared past with Kagura.
 
“I didn't ask you about that... And why exactly are you telling me your... feelings and stuff anyway?” The hanyou asked in surprise. He had meant to ask his brother about what Kagura and he had done earlier, and even if Inuyasha was curious about the past relationship between his brother and girlfriend, hearing about it made him feel bad.
 
“This Sesshoumaru never thought I would say that in my life, but I guess... I simply need someone to talk to. You may ask why you... well as annoying and immature as you can be, you are still my brother.”
 
Inuyasha did his best not to let his jaw hang due to the shock his brother's revelation had caused him.
 
“You really love her, don't you?” Inuyasha suddenly asked his brother.
 
“There has not been a single day in these past years that has gone by without me thinking about her, and wishing she was by my side.” The dog demon took a sip of his glass once he finished his confession. Even if he did not say the exact words, his half brother knew that Sesshoumaru's feelings for Kagura ran deep. Probably deeper than the ones he himself had for the wind sorceress.
 
'So they were really separated by events and not by each other... That explains everything. I guess a part of Kagura never stopped loving him since she never got closure. Or maybe she regrets not going with him when he left for New York.' The hanyou thought feeling his heart sink in his chest.
 
He was however truly surprised by how honest and open his brother had just been with him. As hard as he tried, Inuyasha could not recall having such a deep intimate discussion with Sesshoumaru before. The realization of how much regret and sadness his brother had been carrying around for the past seven years did make Inuyasha's heart ache from him. It even managed to wipe away the desire to have another fist fight with him due to his betrayal with Kagura.
 
“So what do we do now... brother?” The hanyou asked tentatively.
 
“There is nothing else for us to do but wait until the witch makes her damn mind.” Sesshoumaru answered with a shrug draining the rest of his glass of alcohol. “Inuyasha... Hiding from you everything that happened between Kagura and me was...wrong... and what I did tonight...” He hesitated not sure how to offer an apology. He felt that earlier during their fight, letting Inuyasha place a hard punch on him may not have been enough retribution.
 
“Don't say anything more. Apologizing is not like you, so I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself trying or something...” The hanyou faked a cheerful chuckle getting to his feet to get a refill of bourbon for the two of them.
 
 
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000
 
 
The wind sorceress threw her purse and keys on the side table next to her front door and sighed tiredly. She headed over to the closet of her bedroom and from it retrieved something she had not looked at for quite some time: a box containing all her memories of Sesshoumaru.
 
“It's been a while, hasn't it...” She mused aloud, a small smile on her lips as her fingers danced over photographs of her and her ex boyfriend.
 
Her favorite photograph being of their first New Year's Eve celebration together. That day had been the first time the two of them had exchanged “I love you's”. Merely thinking about how the dog demon had gently murmured his feelings to her ear sent shivers down her skin. It had been the first and only time Sesshoumaru told her he loved her. As much as she tried during the rest of their relationship he had never said these sweet words to her again. Kagura inferred that he was embarrassed to feel such feelings.
 
'For someone as proud as him, who had always thought he didn't need anyone, admitting to himself that he had such strong feelings for me must have been so hard. Maybe that's why when I hesitated to follow him to New York he was so disappointed and decided to leave me... I guess he thought I didn't love him enough.' Kagura thought to herself. 'If only he knew. He should have trusted me and the love I have... No HAD for him' She quickly corrected herself before shaking her head to rid her mind of her thoughts.
 
The wind sorceress grinned broadly once she then fished out of the box an old T-shirt of Sesshoumaru and hugged it to her chest. She could clearly remember how it had ended in her possession. It had been a few months after they had started dating. Due to a sudden downpour their date had to be cut short and they had to take refuge at the dog demon's apartment.
 
Once they arrived at his place, Sesshoumaru had gallantly offered her one of his T-shirt to change into since Kagura had been drenched in rain water. It had been the first time the two of them had made love. It had also been her first time with any man...
 
'Who could have ever thought seeing me wearing his clothes could make him feel so horny.' The wind witch smiled to herself.
 
She knew that her relationship with Sesshoumaru had lasted only two years, but she was aware that the intensity of it on the other hand was beyond anything she had felt with any other man. She assumed it was the reason why after their break up it had taken her several years to start seriously dating anyone.
 
'I guess I always thought he'd come back at some point. That's normal after all Sessh was the first man I loved, my first lover. Everything I know about men is based on our past relationship. To think that a simple appearance from him can still knock me off my feet. Not to mention that after almost seven years I still have all of this stuff.' With an exasperated sigh, Kagura carefully put everything back in the box before tucking it back in its place inside her closet.
 
'But you can't build a relationship on memories. I need to look forward in my life, live for the future and stop looking back and wondering about what could have been. I need to wipe away my regrets and focus on what's positive in my life. You can't rewrite history, so I shouldn't dwell on past mistakes.' The wind sorceress thought trying to make sense of her feelings.
 
'Besides I have changed... I'm not the young impressionable girl he fell in love with. I'm sure he changed too, and besides for all I know Sesshoumaru could be flying back abroad tonight. Or he could abandon me any time like he did in the past. It's not like he made any promises to me. In any case why am I still thinking about the bastard? I have a very caring boyfriend. That is if Inuyasha can forgive me for cheating...' She thought with a suffering sigh as she laid on her bed.
 
'I really never meant to make Inuyasha suffer like this.' She thought ashamed, recalling the unbearably sad look in the hanyou's eyes before she left his place. 'I have to make a decision.' Just as she thought the words, a clear solution to her problem came to her 'Yes I know what I have to do.'
 
With a determined look burning in her crimson eyes, Kagura went to bed, hoping that the decision she had made would be the best. When the realization of what she was about to do came upon her, the wind sorceress could not stop the onslaught of tears. She laid on her side and let heavy sobs rock her small frame, wishing for sleep to come quickly and numb her to protect her from her heartache.
 
 
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000
 
 
“Hey Inuyasha.” Kagura said trying to calm her madly beating heart as she sat down on the soft grass under her boyfriend's favorite tree. It was a Saturday afternoon and she knew that if he was not at his apartment, then he surely was at the park.
 
“Can't a poor hanyou get a nap in peace?” He asked gruffly sitting up before rolling his golden eyes to look at the woman beside him.
 
“Well sorry to disturb you, but I need to tell you something important...” Kagura started struggling to find a way to explain her decision.
 
“No need to make such a big deal out of this. I already know what you want to tell me. You're leaving me for my brother” He answered nonchalantly fingering one of his twitchy ears. The only sign that what he had said had affected him more than he cared to let her see.
 
Kagura's crimson eyes opened wide in shock. “What makes you believe that?” She questioned bewildered. “Inuyasha, I chose you.”
 
 
 
To be continued...
 
A/N: So Kagura made her choice. Is it the right decision for her? I know many will think that the 'big talk' between Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru was OOC. Keep in mind that contrary to the anime/manga the two brothers do not really hate each others guts, neither do they try to kill each other every other day.
The next part will be the shocking conclusion to your summer mini fanfic!