InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Two InuYashas ❯ Stalking is illegal ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer, I really like the original but now that’s I’m fixing the typos and small grammatical errors it just wouldn’t make since to have that in this one! So reread if you want and enjoy.
A/N: The dream InuYasha is referring to is a summary MissNikki style of Whisperingmoon’s story, Human Compensation! If you haven’t read it I suggest you do so!

Stalking is Illegal

"There she is ... isn't she beautiful?" InuYasha said as he watched the girl leave the store from the patio of his apartment.
“Wow, InuYasha! I have to hand it to you. You found the most attractively boring female in all of Tokyo. She's a little on the young side isn't she" Kouga asked.
"No, she's just 2 yrs younger than me. She's 17, in her last year of high school. Her name is Kagome Higurashi. She lives in a shrine with her grandfather, mother, younger brother, Souta and cat, Buyo. There is only one thing that I haven't been able to figure out..."
"What?...Wait let me guess…“He waved his hand for telling his friend to refrain from answering. “She's fakes sick to get out of school to travel to the past were a dog face demon is waiting for her and she's a magical miko who shots magical arrows to kill demons that attack for a sacred jewel...Am I correct...did I guess right?" Kouga asked Sarcastically.
"You have been reading to many of those adventure novels. And no it's nothing like that. She misses weeks of school at a time because of her illnesses. She goes to school for like 3 days to 1 week and then she's mysteriously sick again. And to top it off the illnesses are not typical to a teenage girl. Or boy for that matter. When I checked the hospital records there are no records at all of being there at all.
"So she really is crazy...yup Inu you really know how to pick them," Kouga turned his back on as the 'mysterious' girl rounded the corner disappearing from sight. "So...when are you gonna make your move? I know you want to."
I don't know...I just get the funny feeling she's hiding something she doesn't want anybody to know," InuYasha said thoughtfully.
"Uh?....You think, baka?" Kouga said tapping his two fingers to InuYasha's head. " How did you find all that out any way? About the school and hospital not that she's hiding something."
"I...ummm...I....I...I di-" InuYasha racked his brain for an answer...well not really, he was looking for a lie.
"Tisk...tisk...stalking is illegal...that is what you've been doing? Kouga asked shaking his head, chuckling to himself. "Okay...okay...let me get this straight....1,” ticking the numbers off on his fingers, “-your infatuated with a girl you only seen from afar...2 -you want to meet her face to face but you think she'll shoot you down...3 -you've been checking into her backgr-" he was cut off when InuYasha rushed past him, heading for the door.
"Was that wallet always there before? Did you see who dropped it?" InuYasha said as he grabbed his coat and headed out the door.
"What wallet? Where? And where are you going?"
“Across the street," he said yelling through the open door as he jogged down the stairs.
Kouga went to the window and watched as his friend took no care in crossing the busy street, having to dodge cars and apologizing to people he bumped into. He watched as his friend bent down and scooped up the wallet opening it at the same time.
InuYasha turned toward his window where he know his friend was watching. Smiling he jumped up and down and waved the wallet in the air. He saw Kouga walk away from the window and he assumed down the stairs when he saw Kouga come through the entrance/exit of the building and began to cross the street.
"Let me guess," Kouga said shaking his hands in a dismissive gesture. "It's her wallet...right that Kiama...or Kagako...or Ka-something...Your infatuations wallet. Right?"
"It's Kagome Higurashi. And yes it is her wallet. She must have dropped it when she was leaving the store."
"Yeah. Could be. She was juggling 3 bags of groceries." Kouga said.
"I know ,three bags of ramen." InuYasha said matter-of-factly.
"You could tell that from the window?" Kouga asked astonished.
"What can I say," he said shrugging, "great minds eat alike."
Kouga looked skeptic, but shrugged it off. "What ever," was all he said before turning to cross the street to go back the complex and out of the frigid air.
"Don't you know what this means?" InuYasha said as he ran to keep up with his friend.
Kouga raised an eyebrow in mock gesture, "That you have to return it?" He reached the other side just when InuYasha caught up.
"Yeah. Which means I get to meet her face to face," InuYasha said enthusiastically. "Don't you understand what this means?"
"No and I really don't care," Kouga said as he started up the stairs."
"It means that I finally get to gaze upon that beautiful face up close."
"Inu you sound like a lovesick school boy...No better yet a lovesick puppy the way you've been following her around. Pull yourself together man," Kouga said as they walked through the door of InuYasha's apartment.
InuYasha flopped down on the couch and glazed at the picture on the ID, while Kouga went to the fridge.
"Kou....looking at this. I swear this is the girl from my dreams," InuYasha stated in awe.
"Yeah...yeah the girl of your dreams," " Kouga responded half heartedly. "I'm gonna get a sandwich. Do you want anything?"
"No...not the girl of my dreams...I mean yeah she is a dream come true literally...I really mean that she is the girl in my dreams. I really have dreamt of her," InuYasha said in all seriousness. "Yes and thanks for offering me my own food."
"If you've dreamt of her it's probably because your been watching her so much." Kouga supplied by way of explanation. "And if it wasn't for me all you would eat is Ramen."
"No...it was before I knew she was the perfect one for me. I really have dreamt of her. Remember when I said that I dreamt that I worked at a office for my nephew Sesshomaru?" InuYasha explained, still staring at the ID. "And what's wrong with Ramen?"
"You mean the one where you fall heels over heads in love with your secretary who you only just met and refuse to admit it and where I fall in love with her to and steal her from you?" Kouga asked remembering the dream his friend had told him about in great detail. "Nothing if you're a ten year old child."
"You didn't steal her from me you kidnapped her, besides I got her back. Come to think about it I don't like you at all in my dreams. But yeah it's the same dream that some witch tried to kill her twice. Once she threw her out the win-" InuYasha was interrupted by Kouga.
"I take offense to that. And yeah we know the story, you save her from being killed. Twice," Kouga said holding up two fingers. "Your not trying to tell me the girl your stalking is her one from you dreams are you?"
“I'm telling you that I have dreamed about falling in love with Kagome before. It's the truth." InuYasha said in earnest. "By the way if you had to sit through a 5 course dinner every night till you were 17 you'd like ramen too!"
"Try 6 not including the dessert. They only cut it short when Grandmother Kikyo came to visit. Then it was 4 including dessert. Thank God the bitch died, otherwise I'd be forced to go and sit through dinner with her.
"6 courses, 7 with dessert?!? And you don't like ramen?" InuYasha asked in disbelief. "And you do believe me that it's her right?"
"Yes. Of course I believe you. What kind of friend would I be if I didn't believe your slightly believable tales," Kouga said in an effort to shut InuYasha's rambling up. "I never said I didn't like ramen, it's just that I can't eat it everyday like you."
"You don't have to humor me. I'm not crazy. Besides all you ever make is something that is wrapped in plastic or needs to be put in the microwave!"
"Okay so neither of us likes anything that takes longer than 15 minutes to make and eat. Sooo, when are you gonna take back the dream stalkee’s wallet? "Kouga said eager to change the subject.
"Oh, do you wanna come?" InuYasha asked his friend slightly amused.
"No I don't, but I would like to know when you go so I can get the money to bail you out for stalking."
"Hardy har har, very funny. I'm not going today. I have a class in at three and it's," looking at his watch, "2:40 now."
It's 2:40!?! I have a meeting cross town man. And my car is still at home. Come on take me to pick up my car. We'll talk about this later."
"Uhh...Kou...man yo-"
"Hurry up! I have things to do!" Kouga said as he ran through the door."
InuYasha followed him through the door picking up Kouga's car keys on the way. When InuYasha had gone to pick him up to go to lunch and a movie at 11, Kouga had refuse to take InuYasha's car for fear that it would be stolen. So they had driven in his.
"This is gonna be a long ride," InuYasha muttered to himself as he walked down the stairs.
When InuYasha got down stairs, Kouga was pacing the street in front of the door. Kouga looked rather impatient and pissed. He stooped a moment to tap his foot and scratch his head. He turned when he realized that InuYasha had come to stand behind him.
"Is something wrong Kou?" InuYasha asked already knowing what was going through his friends mind.
"Inu, I remember us parking right in front of the door. Where is your car? I think it was stolen," Kouga said coming to a conclusion, which only made him mad as his numerous warning came to mind. "See I told you to park it in the garage. You leave a Porsche on the street some asshole is bound to ste-"
"Look around man," InuYasha cut into his angry tirade. "Does anything look familiar to you?"
Kouga looked around and his gaze stopped when he notice the familiar Mercedes parked directly in front of the door. "Shut up InuYasha. Don't say a damn thing. Just get in the car," Kouga told InuYasha, red-faced through clenched teeth, snatching the keys InuYasha held out to him.
InuYasha climbed into the passenger seat laughing his head off until Kouga stuffed a half eaten apple into his mouth. InuYasha ate the rest of the apple chuckling to himself.
"You know Kou I think you should keep a picture of your car in your wallet," InuYasha could help but to start laughing again. "So you really couldn't tell this was your car?" InuYasha finished on choked laughter.
"InuYasha you say one more thing and I'm gonna make you walk," Kouga threatened his hysterical friend.
Trying to control his laughter InuYasha opened his mouth again, "ok...ok...I just have one question..." InuYasha continued when Kouga nodded his head, "It's the only car with wolves paw prints starting at the front and fading out to the rear bumper. And you couldn't tell this was you car?" InuYasha said and resumed laughing.
The car screeched to a halt. Kouga then pressed to two buttons which caused the passenger side door to open. "That was a statement and a question, "Kouga commented as he literally kicked InuYasha out of the car, "call a cab. I'm sure he'll be more inclined to give you a ride," Kouga said as her closed the door. Then he speed off.
InuYasha got up and dusted the (what else) dust off his clothes. Shrugging, he reached into his pocket for his cell phone to call a cab. "Shit," he had just realized that his cell phone was still sitting on the coffee table at home. "I should really learn to either shut up or buckle my seatbelt," he said as he started walking the 2 miles to the college instead of the 3 miles back home for his cell phone. 'Kouga just lives to far away to get the car now,' InuYasha thought as he glance at his watch which read 2:50.

I’ll go through editing each and every chapter. Once I get to the twelveth chapter and it’s posted look for the next installment to “Two InuYashas” Love MN