InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Under the same roof ❯ 2 Chapter ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
CHAPTER 2: A series of Unfortunate events
 
00 0 00 0 0000 0 0 0 0 0 0000 0 0 000 0 0000 00 0 00
 
'Tell me again, how did I end up in your house?'
Kagome was sitting behind the kitchen counter at Inuyasha's house.
Much to her surprise, she was wearing only his buttoned-up shirt and a towel wrapped around her head.
 
'Well...if you went home to change, your family would probably know you skipped class...'Inuyasha closed the refrigerator and popped open a bear.
'...At least that's what you said.' he finished his sentence.
 
'You suggested we come here in the first place'
'That's because my dad's never home...' He pulled up a chair and sat beside her.
'What about your mom?'
 
Inuyasha emptied the bottle and threw it in the trash can 'Divorced'
'Oh...I'm sorry...' Kagome pulled of the towel and ruffled her hair.
'Don't be' Inuyasha gazed at her.
 
'Eh...' Kagome sighed 'My family isn't any better...' she rubbed her hands together.
This was a bit awkward for her because she never talked to anyone about her family before. It felt weird, so she decided to change the subject.
 
'Anyway...what were you thinking! You could've gotten us both killed!'
Kagome shouted.
 
'What?' Inuyasha blushed, but that soon faded away when he realised he was being blamed for everything.
 
`If you hadn't come after me, we wouldn't be in this mess right now' Kagome crossed her hands and speared him an angry look.
 
`Well you invited me along in the first place!' he shouted back.
 
`I didn't ask for you to come and force me in your car!'
 
`Well if you just sat in when I asked you nicely, this would have never happened!'
 
`I made it perfectly clear, I don't want a ride, but no you had to insist!'
 
`Of course I did'
 
`And the idiot you are, you forgot to pull the breaks!'
 
`Aa…' Inuyasha opened his mouth to make a comeback, but nothing came out.
 
`Now my cloths are all wet and my skateboard broke in half!' Kagome speared him a look as of trying to say `'I'm going to kill you''.
 
Inuyasha only shrugged `That's your fault. I didn't ask you to hit me with it, now did I?'
 
Kagomes eyes widened `Excuse me? Who's fault it was we ended up in the pond?'
 
`Speak for your self, I have to get the whole car repaired'
 
Kagome took one look at him `Well, now you can walk to school, some exercise will do you good'
 
She looked pretty happy with her statement, but Inuyasha didn't.
His ears twitched. Apparently Kagome struck him right in his nerve.
 
`Are you saying I'm fat?' He couldn't stop twitching.
 
`Well…amm…'
 
Inuyasha pushed away his chair and stormed out of the kitchen, leaving Kagome behind. She sat there perfectly quiet, thinking to her self why hadn't she answered his question. She could have been a little nicer. After all, he did offer her a place to get cleaned up, not to mention he even lent her some clothes.
Basically he saved her from getting in to trouble.
 
`Great…' Kagome mumbled to her self and slowly made her way in to the hallway.
She got confused at first. The hallway was long and bright, with many doors and pictures hanging on the wall. There was a big crystal chandelier dropping from the ceiling and a white carpet across the whole corridor. At the end of it was a line of spiral stairways and a small coffee table with a black phone and a vase of orange roses.
 
`This is big…' Come to think of it, Kagome never noticed how big Inuyashas house really was. When he took her to his place, she was so angry with him that she stormed directly towards the bathroom to change. She never paid any attention to her surroundings. Apparently his father had to own a successful business, if he could afford something like this.
 
Being confused for a few more moments, Kagome made a random pick and opened the door that was nearest to her reach. She was greeted with a very bright ray of daylight that fell upon the whole room. It was a pretty sight for the eyes indeed. There was a lather couch in the middle with a small table and a very bright polished floor. The walls were filled with books and in the end there was a wall made completely out of glass. Since the curtains were swaying back and forth, Kagome assumed there was a door there as well. She moved across the room and out in to the backyard.
 
`Wow!' Kagomes eyes widened at the sight that formed before her. She was standing in a rose garden, with many different rose bushes in all shapes and colours. There was also a fountain in the middle and a little wooden house with a few chairs under it and a table. The paths in the garden that led towards the fountain were made out of little white stones that felt pretty good for her bare feet. The girl moved around a little, before someone touched her by the shoulders and spoon her around.
 
Kagome shrieked in surprise. She crouched down and covered her head.
Inuyasha crossed his hands and spared her a weird look.
 
`What are you doing?'
 
Kagome recognised his voice and directed her eyes upwards to meet his.
When she realised it was only Inuyasha, she sighed with relief and raised up to face him. He was standing there, observing her curiously. Apparently he went to get changed. He was wearing a pair of jeans and a black shirt with no sleeves that clung firmly against his body. On his right wrist he had a silver bracelet and a pair of sunglasses rested upon his head. That moment Kagome asked her self, why in the world would she have ever teased him of being fat, when it was clear, he wasn't.
Kagome blushed a thousand shades of red and refused to look him in the eye.
 
There was a moment of silence. When the girl didn't answer his question, Inuyasha rolled his eyes and stretched out his hand. He was holding out, what appeared to be, a pink mobile phone.
 
`I think this belongs to you'.
 
He smirked and pushed the phone in her hands. Kagome was happy to have found it again and she was somehow grateful to Inuyasha for not making a scene about her looking through his house without permission.
 
`Let's go' He turned around and began walking towards the house.
 
`Where are we going?' Kagome snapped out of her embarrassing state and ran after him.
 
`Well your cloths aren't dry yet, so we have to buy you something else, unless you plan on wearing my boxers until you get home'
 
Kagome followed Inuyasha down in to the garage.
`This is insane! You're insane…I can't let you buy me cloths!'
 
Inuyasha paid no attention to her complains. Instead he opened the garage and sat in to a black cabriolet car. He tapped the seat next to him and gave out a dashing smile `Coming?'
 
Kagomes eyes almost popped out at his invitation `Are you crazy? I can't walk around the mall dressed like this!' She showed on her cloths to point out what she was referring to.
 
`I figured…' Inuyasha turned the key and drove out of the garage.
`I'll be back in about an hour'
 
00 0 00 0 0000 0 0 0 0 0 0000 0 0 000 0 0000 00 0 00
 
`I have never had a chance of being in the presence of such beauty. Tell me, will the dear lady honour me to confide and reveal her name, for now that I have seen thy face, it will be my faithful companion wherever I shall go…'
 
`But my prince, thy love can not be accepted, for thus, there is a princess waiting for you at the castle…'
 
`Kagome!'
 
Kagome snapped out of her thoughts at the sound of someone calling her name.
She dropped down the book she was reading and quickly followed the voice that was calling her. Two good hours have passed and since Inuyasha still hadn't showed up, Kagome decided to read a book. But now that he had returned, she felt relieved.
 
`Well finally!' She ran up to him, just as he was closing the front door.
 
`Sorry I'm late, but I couldn't find anything to my liking. Here you go' Inuyasha handed Kagome a baby blue bag, that had little silver stars printed on.
 
`What's this?' Kagome pushed her nose inside to see what he had bought her, but Inuyashas quickly stopped her.
 
`You can change in my room. It's just up the stairs, third doors on the left'
 
`Oh ok…'
 
Kagome said her thanks then hurried up stairs to change. Because Inuyashas room was so dark, Kagome pulled away the curtains to let some light in and by doing so also got a beautiful view of the neighbourhood. Stripping out of his cloths, she turned the bag upside down. Out of it feel a white blouse and a short black skirt, way too short.
 
`He expects me to wear this? What am I? A substitute girlfriend?'
 
The cloths weren't to her liking, but she did look good in them.
The blouse had short sleeves, with two buttons missing at the top. Apparently that was fashionable so Kagome was forced to show of a bit of her chest. The blouse had three buttons that ended just above her belly button, revealing her stomach.
The skirt was something like a mini skirt, just not that short. It had a shiny silver chain with little hearts and stars dangling from it and it dropped perfectly around Kagomes hips.
 
`Oh-k…anything else Inuyasha?' Kagome sighed to her self and searched around his bed if there was anything she missed. It made her feel so stupid that some guy bought her cloths, let's not forget they weren't friends, just acquaintances.
 
Suddenly Kagome came across something that looked like a necklace.
It was a light red crystal, shaped like a heart on a simple black rope.
 
`What the hell?' Inuyasha!' The blood rushed to Kagomes head, as she ran down in to the kitchen to yell at him.
 
Inuyasha was sitting behind the table. He was leaning back and reading a newspaper. His head shot up when he heard Kagome stomping and yelling around his house. She immediately appeared before his eyes, completely red in the face.
 
`What are you thinking?'
 
Inuyasha ignored her question and took a good look at her.
It seemed that the cloths fitted nicely. She looked good.
 
`Inuyasha! Stop staring at me!'
 
Inuyasha smirked and walked around the table.
He grasped the necklace from the girl and clasped it around her neck.
 
`Don't get so upset. I just thought it would go nicely with the outfit. And what's the big deal? You're not the first girl I bought cloths to, you know'
 
`Fine, but I'm returning everything tomorrow morning' Kagome said stubbornly.
 
`Suit yourself. Now let's go'
 
`Where are we going?'
 
`Well I'm hungry and your house is just on the way'
 
`You're not getting rid of me that easily. If I have to wear this ridicules cloths, then you're buying me food'
 
`Gee you're stubborn! Fine, if you insist'
 
00 0 00 0 0000 0 0 0 0 0 0000 0 0 000 0 0000 00 0 00
 
`Why do I get the feeling, you've used me?'
 
Inuyasha was playing with his keys, while keeping an eye on Kagome.
They were walking down the parking lot away from the restaurant and towards his car. For some reason Kagome seemed very happy.
 
`Ah, what are you complaining. I'm a growing girl, I need my proteins you know'
 
Indeed Kagome made quite a scene in the restaurant.
Unlike other girls that Inuyasha took out for dinner, she actually ordered a whole meal and not just a salad. Apparently she didn't bother herself with how many calories per day entered her body. When Inuyasha ordered a salad for Kagome, she began scowling him if he wants her to starve to death. It also earned him a shameless look from the waiter.
 
After lunch, Inuyasha took Kagome home.
The ride back was pretty silent. Neither of them said a word to each other.
When Inuyasha pulled to a stop before a huge line of stairs, Kagome stepped out, gathered her things from the car and walked towards the stairs.
 
`Well, thank you for everything' still she decided not to be too nice `Despite what a horrible day this has been…I had fun. So…'
 
`You're welcome' Inuyasha nodded back.
 
Kagome spared him a smile, than went on her way.
After a few minutes, she turned around and gazed back.
She saw a black car and a dash of silver hair turn around the corner.
He was gone.
 
When Kagome finally reached the top, she sighed and continued home.
 
`I'm never going to hear the end of it…'
 
 
00 0 00 0 0000 0 0 0 0 0 0000 0 0 000 0 0000 00 0 00
 
The next day at school was pretty normal.
Kagome was glad to be in her old cloths again and due to yesterdays events she decided to just stay in school for a while. The periods went through quite normally.
She hadn't gotten in to any trouble yet and the teacher somehow forgot about her detention. She did get lectured for not doing her homework again, but all in all it was a beautiful day.
 
As Kagome walked towards her locker at the end of her last period, she kept thinking about things she had to take care of before her mother returned home. It was only this morning that she received her message, saying that she is going to be away for a few months, due to their company joining together with another huge cooperation.
Those business trip of hers, made Kagome question herself, that perhaps her mother was the reason her parents got divorced, since she had only rarely been around for her family, with all the papers she had to take care off. Sometimes it made Kagome feel like all her mother cared about in her life was her work and the expansion of the company.
 
Still Kagome didn't bother herself with those things. She had other stuff to think of.
When she checked the clock, it was already 3pm. She still had a meeting with her band members. They were going to break up for a while, since concerts and studying didn't really go well together, not to mention she had to make an appointment at the doctor's office. Just a regular check up, to see how much progress she's been doing with the heart problems and everything.
 
Just as Kagome stored away her manuals and textbooks, she remembered she still hadn't returned the cloths Inuyasha bought her. Quickly locking her locker, Kagome looked around the crowd of people that began gathering in the hallway. She spotted Inuyasha a few feet away. He was holding hands with his girlfriend, who happily skipped by his side. Kagome didn't want to get in trouble with Kikyou again, so she decided to wait for Inuyasha on some stop on his way home.
 
Kagome walked through a near by park and sat herself on a bench, right next to the road. She was alone. The street seemed to be completely empty. She wasn't alone for long though. Soon a black car pulled up and sure it was Inuyasha who greeted her with a smirk.
 
`Waiting for someone?' he asked and grinned.
 
`Yes' Kagome jumped to her feet and walked towards him.
 
`'I knew it'' Inuyasha mumbled to him self, pleased.
 
`I forgot to give you this' Kagome smiled as widely as possible and threw the bag in his car.
 
`Oh right' he scratched his head, to make it seem like he really had forgotten about it.
 
`Right…well goodbye…'
 
`Kagome wait! I forgot to give you something as well…' Inuyasha threw a book at her and she caught it with ease.
 
`Eternal snow?' Kagome lifted her brow, but then she remembered this was the book that she had been reading yesterday, while she waited for Inuyasha to return with her cloths.
 
`It's a good book. When you read it, you can give it back.'
 
`Ok' Kagome leafed through the book. It appeared to be very old.
 
`I'll see you at school'
With that, Inuyasha was gone. Kagome watched him place on his sunglasses and drive away. His hair flew backwards with the wind and his car shone in the sun.
He really was a sight for the eyes.
 
`Maybe this niceness will become a regular custom of his' with that Kagome opened the book and continued reading where she left of.
 
00 0 00 0 0000 0 0 0 0 0 0000 0 0 000 0 0000 00 0 00
 
Inuyasha drove out of the city and on to the highway.
He had some things to pick up before he returned home.
While he waited for the traffic light to change, he brushed his claws through his silver hair and his thoughts wondered back to Kagome.
Before he drove off, he remembered something he saw around Kagomes neck, when he threw her the book. It was an image of a crystal necklace. Apparently, she decided to keep it. Satisfied with his good judgement on what girls like, he drove on with a smirk on his lips.
 
00 0 00 0 0000 0 0 0 0 0 0000 0 0 000 0 0000 00 0 00
 
PS: no, they are not together, they do not like each other, it's just a series of unfortunate events =]* for now that is…bubie*