InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unexpected Allies: Chosen, The Tosusaiga's True Master ❯ Fluffy Tells Al ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

{Disclaimer: No, I don't own Inuyasha. I don't even own this computer. It's a rental. What do you expect from a poor college student?}

Unexpected Allies Trilogy

Part Two

Chosen, the Tosusaiga's True Master

Chapter Ten:

Fluffy Tells All

Sesshoumaru woke in the middle of the night, cursing under his breath. 'I have tried for days, but all I get is Rin,' he grumbled to himself as he banked the fire. He studied the others around them. Sango and Miroku were sleeping in the same positions as they had been when he first joined them, Shorin and Keni'Chi were asleep on opposite sides of the same tree and Shippou was asleep in Sesshoumaru's tail. Sesshoumaru sighed. 'Why did I allow this kit to become so attached to me?' he asked himself as his tail twitched around Shippou. Shippou giggled in his sleep.

"Stop, Kagome! That tickles!" he whispered sleepily, falling back into whatever dream he was having soon after. Sesshoumaru shook his head, amused. 'That is why. Where is Inuyasha?' He gazed into a nearby tree at the folds of red. Inuyasha sat in the tree quietly, watching the stars. Sesshoumaru leaped into the tree beside him, startling him.

"Why don't you stick your hand through my chest, it's more effective than scaring the hell out of me," Inuyasha grumbled, his hand clasped over his heart.

"What is it?" Sesshoumaru asked, gazing at the stars. Shippou twitched a little, then grabbed a fistful of tail and sighed. Inuyasha fought back a giggle.

"How do you stand him?" he asked. Sesshoumaru shrugged. "There are worst things to tolerate. Why are you so distracted?"

"Don't tell me you care, Fluffy?"

"I do not but you are standing watch. I would rather you be more aware than you are. What is wrong?"

Inuyasha sighed, sitting down on the branch below Sesshoumaru. "Kikyou and I had a talk."

Sesshoumaru nodded. He heard their conversation, and though he agreed with the corpse she didn't have the best timing.

"I'm sure you heard what was said."

Sesshoumaru nodded again. Inuyasha turned to look at him. "When she said that, when she said 'forget me and live,' I honestly didn't think I could. But as today wore on, I realized that Kikyou released me. She didn't want me to feel guilty anymore, you know? As soon as I realized that, I saw Kagome's face. It was then that I knew. I saw every time Kikyou tried to take me to Hell, Kagome always was there to stop her. By the way Sesshoumaru, why are you so interested in her?"

Sesshoumaru returned Inuyasha's gaze, his golden eyes unfeeling. "She is powerful."

"So you're using her?"

"Are you not using her?" Sesshoumaru asked. "Do you not call her nothing more than a 'shard detector'? Did you not mate the corpse in front of her?"

Inuyasha winced. "Kagome saw that, huh?"

"Yes."

Inuyasha scratched his head. "Then I guess you won't believe me when I say I love her, will you?"

Sesshoumaru stiffened. "Why should I care?"

"You're right. I just wanted you to know that when we find her, I'm not going to let her out of my sight again."

"Why do you love her?" Sesshoumaru asked.

Inuyasha sighed. "She's the only part of Kikyou I can have."

"Then she will not return your affections."

"How do you know?"

Sesshoumaru glared at Inuyasha, ice in his tone. "Because I know her."

Inuyasha chuckled. "You know what I think? I think you're jealous. You know she loves me and you don't like it. For once in my life, I have something my brother doesn't."

Sesshoumaru ignored him, returning his gaze to the stars. Inuyasha sighed happily.

"Yup. You're jealous."

Sesshoumaru shoved him in an instant, sending Inuyasha to the ground with a thump! Inuyasha scowled, then grinned.

"I'm right, you know. And if you're jealous, then I know I gotta have her."

"You sound like Naraku."

Inuyasha winced, then blinked in surprise. "What do you mean by that? Don't tell me that you and Kagome have some sort of link or something?"

"We do."

"WHAAAAAAAAAT?!!!"

The others bolted up instantly, glaring around for what woke them up. When their eyes fell on a certain screaming hanyou, shoes of various sizes flew toward his head. Inuyasha scowled under the 'assault'.

"Hey, what are you hitting me for?" he yelled. "Sesshoumaru's the one we should be beating up!"

"Why?" Shippou grumbled, rubbing his eyes.

Miroku agreed. "He's not the one yelling in the middle of the night."

"True, but he's the one with a MIND LINK to Kagome!"

"WHAAAAAAAAAT?!!!"

Sesshoumaru winced as Shippou and the others repeated what Inuyasha said earlier.

"Why didn't you tell us earlier?" Sango demanded. Sesshoumaru glared down at her. "What I do is my business."

Inuyasha fumed, his face turning red. "You mean to tell us that you've had a direct way to talk to Kagome and YOU DIDN'T TELL US?"

"I did not see a purpose in relaying such information. You, Inuyasha, were preoccupied. Why do you care?"

"Does she know?" Miroku asked. Sesshoumaru nodded.

"Does she miss me?" Shippou whispered, patting Sesshoumaru's ear.

Sesshoumaru nodded. "She asks me about you often."

Shippou smiled. Inuyasha kicked the tree, nearly knocking Shippou from his taiyoukai perch. "You've been asleep tonight, right Fluffy?"

"Call me that again and you will not live to tell about it."

Inuyasha scowled, ignoring the comment. "Have you or not?"

"Yes."

"How is she?"

"I do not know."

The others stared at him in confusion.

"You lie," Inuyasha accused. "You just don't want to say."

"I do not know, damn it!" Sesshoumaru snarled. The others watched in horrified awe as he vented.

"Do you think it is easy to say that?" he thundered down the tree.

"I have tried for days to reach her, but she is too exhausted to think straight! The only thing she is feeling is fear. She is running, she is scared and she is tired! Is that enough for you, Inuyasha?! Or do you need to hear how you're half-assed way of protecting her put her directly into Naraku's hands?! That he tortures her nightly and is trying to mate her? Or maybe it would make you feel better to know that when I get my hands on that hanyou, I will personally rip him apart! Well, Inuyasha? Which do you want to know first?"

Inuyasha blinked, stunned. This was the most emotion he'd seen Sesshoumaru express since they were children, and even then he wasn't as angry as he was right now. Inuyasha and the others sat back down, digesting this new information. Shippou patted Sesshoumaru's ear again, gaining the cooling taiyoukai's attention.

"What happens if she stops running?" he whispered.

"She will die."