InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unexpected Allies I: How to Train a Taiyoukai ❯ Training Days ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

{Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha, but I am slowly falling for Sesshoumaru. If anyone would like to give him to me, please e-mail me and I'll come get him.}

Unexpected Allies Trilogy

Part One

Submissions, Table Manners and Scent Recognition: How to Train a Taiyoukai

By Striking Falcon

Chapter Three:

Training Days

Kagome rose bright and early the next morning. Washing her face with the small amount of water she found in a pitcher at the foot of her bed, she changed into a red long-sleeve v-neck t-shirt and a denim mini skirt. 'What made me bring this along?' she asked herself as she flicked one of the splits in the skirt's sides. She sighed, tugged on her sneakers, yanked her pack to her shoulders, and made her way to the dining room. Sesshoumaru and Aniki were discussing something around morning breakfast when she appeared.

"Yum! I'm starved!" Kagome exclaimed as she plunked down at the table. As she served herself, she blinked; realizing the silence around her. She looked around, only to find Sesshoumaru and Aniki staring at her.

"What?"

"What is that indecent thing you're wearing?" Sesshoumaru asked.

Kagome blushed. "Um, this is the, uh, common dress where I'm from."

Aniki leaned forward, staring at her excitedly. "Really? Females wear such revealing clothes where you're from?"

Kagome's blush darkened as she reached for an extra set of chopsticks. "Where I'm from, this is considered decent."

Sesshoumaru gave something like a regal snort. "A female shouldn't dress so disrespectfully."

Kagome huffed. "This coming from a man who wears purple eyeshadow."

Aniki stiffened at Sesshoumaru's growl. "Woman, you will watch your tongue."

"Why? You can't kill me now. You promised to wait a week after you take me home, remember?"

Sesshoumaru nodded and closed his eyes, a look of bliss crossing his face for a second. "I remember. I can not wait until that week is up."

Kagome rolled her eyes. "Sure, sure. Aniki, you can breathe now."

Aniki inhaled deeply. Rising from the table and grabbing one of Kagome's pack straps, he motioned for Kagome to finish and for Sesshoumaru to follow him. 'I bet he thinks Sesshoumaru will kill me when he leaves. How funny.' Kagome thought to herself, a small smile lighting her face. Kagome finished her breakfast and went out to the courtyard, where Aniki and Sesshoumaru were waiting for her.

"Now that you are here, we can begin," Aniki cheered.

Kagome stood between him and Sesshoumaru, watching them intently. "Begin what?"

Aniki smiled. "Your lessons.

Lesson One: Submission and Scent Recognition."

{All italics form this point on will be in an ancient inu youkai language.}

Aniki moved to the opposite side of the courtyard, setting Kagome's pack beside him. "Miko-sama, come here please."

Kagome moved to his side, watching him. "What is it, Aniki?"

Aniki sighed. "Well, as I said, this is the first lesson. A new slave needs to be trained. Sesshoumaru-sama is like a new slave. We start with the simple things, like submission."

Kagome nodded. "What do we need?"

Aniki shrugged. "We need a submission spell, but it would take too long to find one that works and have it customized for you to use."

Kagome's face brightened. Jerking her pack open, she reached inside, speaking to Aniki as she searched. Sesshoumaru moved closer to them.

"Well, Aniki, this is your lucky day! I have just the thing! Now where did they go…" Kagome's voice faded to a muffle the deeper she searched the bag. After a while, all Aniki and Sesshoumaru could see of her was the hem of her skirt and her long legs. Aniki leaned closer to his master, falling into a language Sesshoumau hadn't spoken since he was a child.

"My lord, your miko is very beautiful. Such curves, and her legs are quite lovely as well."

Sesshoumaru frown. "She is a human. Inuyasha's human at that."

Aniki frowned. "Are you sure, my lord? I don't sense your brother's mark on her."

"Because the fool wouldn't know how to mark a mate. He is a hanyou, after all."

The two youkai didn't seem to notice that the miko in question had gone eerily quiet.

"My lord, if she is not marked, after this is over, you could take her for yourself. Make her a servant in your private bedchambers."

Sesshoumaru snorted irritably. "You must be joking. Not only is she an untrained miko, otherwise known as a potential fire hazard, she lacks respect."

Aniki nodded, both of them missing Kagome's rapidly twitching foot. "You are right, Sesshoumaru-sama, but I could teach her respect. She would be perfect. Her beauty makes her more than qualified for your harem."

"I don't have a-"

"Alright, I've heard just about enough!"

Sesshoumaru and Aniki turned to her, amazed. Kagome stood there, a rosary similar to Inuyasha's twirling around her finger. Her foot tapped against the stone pathway, and her eyes flared in anger.

"For one, my name is Kagome. Not Inuyasha's mate, wench, bitch, or human." She poked Aniki in the shoulder, nearly shoving the poor badger backwards. "And for another, what god gave you two permission to talk about me like I'm not even here? You two are the most perverted, arrogant,-"

"You…you understood us, miko-sama?" Aniki stammered, rubbing the shoulder Kagome was poking.

Kagome rolled her eyes. "Of course I did. It's not like you two were speaking in another language, or anything."

"Actually, we were," Sesshoumaru informed her. Smirking inwardly as she paled, he continued:

"I take it some of the names you rattled off are some of my brother's pet names for you?"

Kagome blushed.

"As I said, we were speaking another language. It is old, and not many youkai know it, so it is slightly surprising that you can understand us as you do. Most humans only hear barks and snarls. It would figure with her power, and the fact that she is educated, that she would have the gift of tongues as well."

Kagome and Aniki nodded, then Aniki hugged Kagome's waist. "That's great! You two could use the language to talk in secret!" Kagome nodded again, her face ashen. Aniki sighed. "Don't worry, Kagome. It is a good thing that you pick up on languages so easily. Now you and Sesshoumaru-sama have a way to communicate inside the village."

Kagome nodded yet again, but remained stunned. Aniki used this to his advantage. Watching Aniki's hand slide from Kagome's waist to her thigh, Sesshoumaru remembered what it was that disturbed him about the badger when he first came to the house.

"I remember him now. Aniki the lecherous slave trader.'

A sudden shriek and Aniki was flat on the ground, a growing lump on his head. Sesshoumaru rolled his eyes and gazed into Kagome's hand.

"Do not hurt him, Kagome. We still need him. What is in your hand?"

Kagome blushed when he said her name, and opened the hand she clocked Aniki with. Inside were the rosary beads. She handed them to him. The beads were a deep green, with white fangs intercepting the beads in intervals. He tapped a bead gingerly. "Is this real jade?"

Kagome grinned. "Yeah! It took me a few months to gather the money for them!"

Sesshoumaru grasped her wrist tight enough to make her wince and drop to her knees. "Why do you carry these? Are they a trap for me?"

"No!" Kagome gasped, her eyes squeezed shut. She opened them to look at him, tears in her eyes. "They're for Inuyasha!"

Sesshoumaru watched her closely before staring in her eyes. The pain and hurt she felt he suddenly felt, and he slackened his hold. Kagome stood up slowly, lowering her head.

"Thank you, Sesshoumaru."

Sesshoumaru stood, surprised at his sudden tenderness. "I don't want your thanks. You say these are for Inuyasha. Why?"

Kagome scratched her captured arm timidly. "Inuyasha already has a 'sit' necklace."

"A 'sit' necklace?" Aniki wondered out loud. Kagome turned to him and nodded. "I call it a 'sit' necklace because all I have to do is say the word 'sit' and he hits the ground face first. I've broken his back a few times with that thing."

Aniki started to laugh, and even Sesshoumaru was having a hard time fighting the urge to smile at the thought of Inuyasha eating dirt. Kagome relaxed and continued: "Like I said, Inuyasha has a sit necklace, but it hurts him. I felt kinda bad about it and made him a new one."

"One made of jade?" Sesshoumaru questioned. Kagome nodded. "Yeah, even though the jerk won't appreciate it."

Sesshoumaru started to tell her not to be surprised, then remembered what the necklace was for. 'What does she expect, for him to thank her?'

"Well, anyway, I made this one less painful for him. But you can have it, Aniki." She handed Aniki the rosary with one hand, her eyes still on Sesshoumaru. Aniki thanked her and gave them back.

"These are not mine, but yours. You need to put them on Sesshoumaru-sama."

"WHAT?!" Sesshoumaru and Kagome said, and for the first time in the 250 years he'd known Sesshoumaru, Aniki felt the youkai prince's patience slip.

"You are not putting those on me," Sesshoumaru snapped.

Kagome huffed as he relinquished her arm. "That's fine by me. They're not for you, anyway."

"You must wear them, my lord," Aniki said, placing a hand on Kagome's. "All youkai slaves wear one so they can be easily controlled by their masters. Sesshoumaru-sama, I don't believe she can reach your neck."

Sesshoumaru sighed in long-suffering and kneeled before her. Kagome tied the necklace around his neck, carefully brushing his hair out of the way as she did so. She backed away as Sesshoumaru stood up, stopping beside Aniki on the far side of the courtyard.

"Alright, Kagome-miko-sama. Subdue him."

Kagome gulped, and did as Aniki asked. "Are you ready, Sesshoumaru?"

"Yes."

"Down, boy!"

>Flop!<

"Oh…my…God," was all Kagome could get out before she and Aniki burst into a fit of giggles.

Sesshoumaru sat not a foot from them, looking thoroughly pissed. He sat crossed-legged, his palms flat on the ground in front of him. What had caused their fit of glee wasn't him sitting. It was his tail, which was curled firmly behind him in a ? mark. Kagome and Aniki held each other, holding each other up least they fall to the dirt and clay below. Aniki was the first to calm down, setting Kagome gently on a nearby bench.

"Forgive me (snort) Sesshoumaru-sama (giggle). The miko corrupts me. (hee haw)!"

He and Kagome burst into laughter as the tip of Sesshoumaru's tail began to twitch, a sure sign that the spell was wearing off. Sesshoumaru glared at them, looking from Aniki to Kagome in his growing frustrations.

"What is so funny?"

Kagome took a deep breath, stood up, looked at him again, and fell right back to the bench, merrily laughing away.

"When I created the spell, (wheeze) the way you are now is how you're supposed to be. (pant) I didn't expect for your tail-"

And with that last breath she became hopeless once again. Sesshoumaru glanced over his shoulder, taking in the odd sight his tail made. He launched at them, planning to behead them for their disrespect. Aniki looked up at the last second.

"Subdue him!"

"Down, boy!"

>Flop!<

Sesshoumaru was mere inches from them, a grow rising out of his throat. Aniki wiped his brow. "Whew, that was too close."

Kagome crossed her legs, her foot lightly tapping Sesshoumaru's hand. Sesshoumaru gaze followed her foot up her leg, to the helm of her…

"Really, Sesshoumaru. You must learn better control," Kagome said, tugging at her sleeves.

"What makes you think I'll continue to suffer this humiliation?"

"You need us, and that rosary, to get your ring. Besides," she said watching his tail twitch. "Think of this as a lesson in humility. A lesson you sorely need, by the way."

"You filthy-"

"Down."

>Flop!<

"Tisk, tisk. You are interrupting Aniki-sensai's teaching, Sesshoumaru-sama," Kagome cooed. Aniki sighed and stood up.

"The way to stop her form subduing you, my lord, is to ask for forgiveness."

"Never."

"Down."

>Flop!<

Aniki smiled at Kagome and patted her head. "You're learning quickly."

Kagome nodded, smiling at Sesshoumaru as her foot tapped his knee. 'I wish she would stop that,' Sesshoumaru thought. An idea came to him, and he inwardly smirked. Taking a step back when the spell wore off, he fully anticipated the

"Down, Sesshoumaru."

>Flop!<

'Just a little farther,' Sesshoumaru noted, watching Kagome's leg stretch to reach him. Aniki watched him with a sly smile, but gave no knowledge that he was aware of Sesshoumaru's plan. Kagome tapped him on the shoulder.

"How does he ask for forgiveness, Aniki?"

"Oh yes, I forgot. For a slave to ask for forgiveness, he must rub his face against his master's stomach."

"Huh?" Kagome sputtered, nearly forgetting to 'down' Sesshoumaru. She didn't notice that she had to stretch her leg further to reach him. Aniki nodded.

"Stand in front of him, Kagome." Aniki ordered. Kagome stood up and stopped a few inches from Sesshoumaru. Aniki came from behind her and pushed her forward.

"No, Kagome. Stand in front of him."

He stopped when Kagome was directly in front of Sesshoumaru. Aniki turned Sesshoumaru's head gently and began rubbing Sesshoumaru's cheek against her lower abdomen.

"This is also a way for the slave to recognize your scent. Sesshoumaru-sama, you must learn Kagome's scent. You are to be a protection slave, and a protection slave must know it's master's scent from any others."

"What is a protection slave?" Kagome asked, trying to ignore how strange it was that the same demon that tried to kill her on more than one occasion was now rubbing against her like some attention-starved kitten.

"A protection slave stays with its master at all times, to protect. I figured that this was the best way to teach Sesshoumaru-sama," Aniki said as he continued to rub Sesshoumaru's cheek against Kagome. "He's not doing this willingly. You know what to do, Kagome."

"Down," Kagome said with a sigh. "Sorry, Sesshoumaru," she whispered under her breath.

Sesshoumaru's ear perked up against her. 'She is sorry?' he asked himself. 'How interesting. Maybe I should get to know her scent, so I may find her easily when I take her back.' Sesshoumaru inhaled deeply and the first thing to hit his senses was the smell of vanilla. Next was a swirl of lilies and jasmine. Together, they made for a very enticing, if not unforgettable, scent. Sesshoumaru relaxed against her, allowing his head to move in the slow circles Aniki was making. After a while, Aniki removed his hands and was surprised when Sesshoumaru kept going. He smiled at Kagome, who stared at them both in shock.

"Now, Kagome," Aniki whispered, knowing Sesshoumaru would hear him but didn't want to spoil the mood. "To show you forgive him, run your fingers through his hair."

Sesshoumaru listened in amusement as Kagome's heart sped up slightly, but instantly forgot it in favor of the strangely pleasant feeling of her tiny fingers moving slowly against his scalp. The pads of her fingers grazed past an ear, and it twitched under the sensation. Sesshoumaru's tail grasped Kagome's waist gently, holding her steady as she passed his ears again. Aniki stepped back, a huge grin on his face. 'How wonderful,' he mused. 'Those two would make a lovely couple.' Finding Sesshoumaru so distracted gave Aniki an idea, and his smile widened.

Kagome gazed down at the silver mane attached to her, and was strangely comforted when Sesshoumaru's tail wrapped around her waist. She patted it gently, marveling at soft both tail and head were. 'It's like touching a cloud.' Unbeknown to her, a certain someone was tapping into her thoughts.

'Like a cloud, huh?' Sesshoumaru thought, amused 'Humans are so silly.' Still, the compliment warmed some part of him, and he unconsciously shifted against her, his upper body resting against her. Sesshoumaru didn't want to even address the little voice in his head telling them how odd it was that they fit so perfectly together. Something suddenly shoved him hard from behind, sending him crashing into Kagome. Had he been standing by himself, he would have avoided the fall entirely, but Kagome latched onto his gi as soon as her brain registered that she was falling backwards. She pulled Sesshoumaru down with her, and the only thing he could do was wrap an arm around her head, the other around her waist to cushion the fall. He landed with a thud between Kagome's legs, his head still on her stomach.

Kagome felt the air leave her lungs with a whoosh. She also felt hands slowly helping her up and a growl in her ear. She relaxed against it, the sound comforting for some reason. She gazed up and into Sesshoumaru's golden eyes. 'He has amazing eyes." Kagome's eyes widened suddenly, and she disentangled from his arms. 'Bad Kagome. Bad, BAD! Don't even go down that road!'

Sesshoumaru stared at her, amused at how nervous he made her by just being near her. Her thoughts were funny as well, and as he thought of a way to respond to them without letting on that he could hear them, he suddenly remembered their fall and what caused it. Sesshoumaru glared at Aniki, who was getting to his feet. Aniki brushed himself off before looking up at them.

"I'm so sorry, Sesshoumaru-sama! I wasn't watching where I was going! Forgive me!"

Sesshoumaru half listened, watching the twinkle in Aniki's eyes. 'He did that on PURPOSE!' he realized, and his eyes narrowed in anger.

"You could have hurt one of us," he growled. Aniki bowed reverently. "Of course, Sesshoumaru-sama. It will never happen again."

"Don't worry about it, Aniki," Kagome chirped, still trying to remove herself from Sesshoumaru's protective grip. She gave up and lightly patted his upper arm. Sesshoumaru looked at her quizzically, then released her. Kagome smiled at them both.

"I'm sure it was an accident," she said as she walked back inside. "Come on, it's time for lunch."

Aniki gulped and attempted to follow her. Sesshoumaru growled and stepped in front of him, leaving Aniki behind. As he and Kagome sat down to wait for Aniki to come from the kitchen, Sesshoumaru glared at her.

"You do know he did that on purpose, don't you?"

What he wasn't expecting was "Of course I do. I'm just not as mad as you."

"Why?"

Kagome shrugged as Aniki came in with lunch. "After we eat, we will practice until Kagome's timing is perfect."

They nodded and ate. After lunch, they practiced until nightfall. Aniki dismissed them to their rooms,

promising to teach them more in the morning.

++++++++

Kagome awoke the next morning shivering. She quickly moved across the room to her pack. Flinging it open, she searched its innards for something warmer to wear.

"No skirts," she mumbled to herself. "Not after yesterday. I can't believe I'm stuck with two youkai versions of Miroku."

She jerked free a pair of gray wool, bootleg, low-rise pants and a white bell sleeve turtleneck that flared when she moved. Changing quickly; she darted out of the room, leaving the pack behind. She plunked down beside Aniki at the breakfast table. Kagome glanced around, noticing someone was missing.

"Where's Sesshoumaru?" she asked.

Aniki passed her a bowl of rice. "Our lord is training in the dojo. He will be with us shortly." Aniki scooted closer to her, eying her choice of shirt.

"What is this material?" he asked, rubbing one of the sleeves. Kagome shrugged. "I'm not exactly sure, but it's made to move with you. To stretch, you know?" Aniki nodded.

"And these?" he asked, reaching to 'study' the butt of her pants.

"Any lower Aniki and I won't be able to stop her," Sesshoumaru said as he came into the room. Aniki quickly moved to the other side of the table. Kagome smiled.

"Good morning, Sesshoumaru. Did you sleep well?"

"Not that it's any of your business, but do not have to sleep. "

Kagome fluffed her rice irritably. "A simple 'no' would suffice." Kagome smiled suddenly. "Sesshoumaru?"

'What now,' he thought irritably as he looked at her. The glint in her eye made him nervous, though his face didn't show it. "Yes?"

"Down."

>Flop!<

"Now, now, you two. Don't start that so early in the morning," Aniki scolded as he passed Sesshoumaru his breakfast. Sesshoumaru glared at Kagome. Kagome smiled back.

"It isn't nice to be so rude so early." she scolded. Sesshoumaru turned his nose up, his tail twitching slightly.

"I don't need to be told how to behave by a mere human. My brother's mate at that."

Kagome shook her finger at him. "How many times do I have to tell you, I'm not Inuyasha's mate?"

"Did I say mate? I meant whore."

Kagome's eyes widened in shock, then narrowed into bluish-gray slits. Aniki watched them warily. "Now now, you two…"

"Shut up, Aniki, unless you want some too," Kagome warned as she stood up. She stood in front of Sesshoumaru, bending over and shaking her finger at him.

"You listen here you smug sonofa-"

"A whore would use such language." Sesshoumaru teased. 'Why am I acting like a child?' he wondered as he watched Kagome start to shake. 'I should be more controlled than this. Instead, I'm encouraging her.'

'Ohh, you jackass! Down!"

>Flop!<

Kagome flounced off, leaving the room in a swirl of white cloth. One of her sleeves passed by Sesshoumaru's nose, and he caught a new scent to add to the three he already knew. 'Cinnamon. She smells like cinnamon when she's angry.' He smirked. 'I'll have to make her angry more often.'

Aniki ran after her, watching with interest as her sleeves swirled around her. 'Why must they fight? And why did Lord Sesshoumaru urge her on?' He thought about the little fight, and the look in Sesshoumaru's eyes. 'He…enjoyed it,' Aniki realized when Kagome finally stopped. Kagome paced the courtyard irritably, grumbling.

"That jerk. He can't call me anything he wants to. Who does he think he is? Yesterday, he stares at my legs like a lecher, today he calls me a whore. What will he do tomorrow, strip and do the Mamba?"

Aniki listened curiously. "My lady, I'm sure he didn't mean it."

"Yeah right. People like Sesshoumaru say what they want because they think they don't have to apologize. Well, if he can dish it out, he'd better be able to take it."

"I'm sure he's sorry, Kagome-miko-sama."

"Don't apologize for me, Aniki," Sesshoumaru said as he entered the courtyard. Kagome grumbling turned vicious as she glared at him. Sesshoumaru dismissed her with a flick of a wrist.

"Don't worry. I plan to say nothing else."

"Good."

Aniki interrupted suddenly, wanting to head off another argument. "Today, I think we should practice subduing until lunch."

Sesshoumaru snorted lightly. "I believe the little wench has had enough practice for today."

"Down."

>Flop!<

"Jerk," Kagome mumbled crossly. She smiled at Aniki. "I'm all for practice, Aniki-sama."

"Good," Aniki stammered, watching Sesshoumaru's eyebrow tick. "We should get started."

At lunch, Aniki arranged a surprise for them. Kagome sat down first, followed by a smoldering Sesshoumaru. He was beginning to realize what Inuyasha already knew: the angrier Kagome was, the harder the subdue. He restrained himself from rubbing his sore back, and he just knew his tail would never be the same. Sesshoumaru watched Kagome warily as she waited for Aniki to reappear. When he did, he held an extra pillow.

"What's that for?" Kagome asked as Aniki dropped the pillow a little to the right and behind her.

"This is for Sesshoumaru-sama."

"Why?"

"Because it's time for:

Lesson Two: Table Manners."

Kagome twirled a strand of hair. "Unless Sesshoumaru eats like Inuyasha, I don't think he needs to learn any table manners."

Sesshoumaru silently agreed as he moved to the new pillow. This one was softer than the one he was on before, and soothing. Kagome waited for Aniki to respond.

"Sesshoumaru-sama does have table manners., but not these table manners. A protector has to taste the food of its master to make sure of the master's safety."

"You mean to see if its poisoned," Kagome commented. Sesshoumaru brightened.

"Tell me you poisoned hers," he joked. Kagome sighed.

"Down."

>Flop!<

"What else, Aniki? There are always two parts to these lessons."

"Nothing else. I just need to instruct you." He placed two bowls of soup in front of Kagome. "Kagome, the bowl in front of you is yours, the other is Sesshoumaru's. Pick up you bowl."

Kagome did as she was told, raising the bowl to her lips. Aniki bopped the top of her head lightly. "No, no. Not like that." He glanced at Sesshoumaru. "The next time I hit you, Kagome, and Sesshoumaru-sama doesn't growl in defense, subdue him."

Kagome nodded. "Aniki, what am I supposed to do with the soup?"

"Well, you don't know if it's poisoned or not, so give it to Sesshoumaru."

"I can't. He's subdued, remember?"

"You must feed it to him."

Kagome blanched, then leaned over and covered Sesshoumaru's ears. He was going to ask her why when her muffled shouts came in loud and clear.

"You pervert! This is just some sick way for you to get your kicks, just like yesterday when you ran into Sesshoumaru! I don't see why he trusts you, you lech!"

As she continued to shout, Sesshoumaru was glad she thought of his ears before starting, wondering why such a simple act would be so endearing. 'Endearing? Hm! I must be going soft, to think something so strange.' When Kagome took a breath, Sesshoumaru shook his head free.

"Kagome, calm down," he whispered. He was surprised when she did, taking slow, deep breaths as he talked to a cowering Aniki.

"Why does she have to feed me?" Sesshoumaru asked. Aniki sat up a little straighter, glad to be dealing with the calmer youkai lord than the enraged teenager.

"It is to make sure the slave is dependant on master, as well as to ensure the well being of the slave."

"Even though I have to taste everything she eats before she eats it?"

Aniki nodded. "I assure you, my lord, that everything I'm telling you is correct. I could find the book, if it pleases you."

"No, Aniki, that will not be necessary."

Sesshoumaru looked at Kagome, whose hands were on his shoulders as she did her breathing exercises. Her eyes were closed as she tried to calm down, cinnamon invading Sesshoumaru's nose. His eyes slid closed as well, copying her exercises. As she calmed, the cinnamon receded, leaving the vanilla and lilies behind. Their eyes opened at the same time.

"Now, continue the lesson," Sesshoumaru ordered, watching Aniki warily. When he opened his eyes, Aniki had a huge grin plastered on his face, and Sesshoumaru had a feeling why. 'Perverted old furball.' Aniki nodded and gave Kagome her bowl. Glaring one last time at Aniki, she moved the bowl to Sesshoumaru's lips. She tipped the bowl slightly, watching his throat move. At his signal, she placed it back on the table.

"I hope you don't backwash, Sesshoumaru," she muttered dejectedly. After a moment, she placed his own bowl to his lips, waiting until his signal to put it down. They received the lesson all through lunch. When it was over, Aniki brought them back to the courtyard.

"Lesson two will be repeated at dinner tonight." A groan came from his audience, but he pressed on.

"Now we will have a sub lesson. We must see how well you can track Kagome-sama's scent, Sesshoumaru-sama." He pulled a black cape out of one of the courtyard statues. He handed it to Kagome, who put it on immediately. "Get on my back."

Kagome did and they were off, flying over the trees. They landed in a clearing not too far away from the house. It was filled with wildflowers, with trees surrounding it in a tight circle. Aniki waited until Kagome got down, then instructed her on what to do.

"When you put the hood on, you will become invisible. Only your scent will remain. Hide somewhere so Sesshoumaru can find you," he said as a cold breeze brushed past them.

Kagome nodded and Aniki was off again, leaving Kagome by herself. She hurriedly put the hood on, stood in the middle of the clearing, and waited. Sesshoumaru landed a few moments later, glancing from one end of the clearing to the other. Deciding that standing in the middle wasn't the best idea, Kagome tip-toed to the other side of the clearing. When she glanced back, she found Sesshoumaru looking at her. She gasped, then inwardly scolded herself as she tugged the hood down lower. Sesshoumaru followed every move she made. She finally decided to run. Turning away from him, she darted for the other side of the clearing. When she looked over her shoulder, he wasn't there anymore. Suddenly she crashed into something, arms crossing behind her holding her steady. Sesshoumaru tugged the hood down, and Kagome's scowling face came into view.

"How did you know?" she puffed. Sesshoumaru rolled his eyes. "Your scent. Plus you make enough noise to wake the dead."

Kagome frowned, her head tipped to the side. "We all can't be perfect like you, you know."

"I know."

Kagome shook her head. 'Arrogant-'

"If you insist on playing samurai, at least let me show you how," Sesshoumaru offered. Kagome blinked at him in surprise.

"You want to teach me?"

"You should learn some basic defense. It seems like Inuyasha has taught you nothing."

Kagome nodded in thanks. Sesshoumaru showed her how to move through the grass silently, placing her feet in the right positions. She watched, fascinated, when he demonstrated. When she copied him, he nodded in approval.

"Good. Now, let's try Aniki's exercise again."

Kagome nodded and moved to the edge of the clearing, leaving Sesshoumaru in the middle of the clearing. Kagome smiled as she lowered the hood, disappearing before his very eyes. Sesshoumaru followed her scent absentmindedly, pleased that she picked up what he taught her so quickly. 'Why should I care what she does?' he asked himself as his nose tracked her. 'Inuyasha hasn't taught her to defend herself. So what? Why am I so pleased that she paid attention to me?' The grass crunched in front of him, startling him out of his reverie. He looked down. A few inches in front of him was a small handprint etched in the grass. He sniffed silently, surprised to find Kagome's scent right in front of him. The wind stopped blowing, allowing Sesshoumaru to concentrate. 'She's right in front of me, and she's excited. Why?' Seconds later, something crashed into his chest. Sesshoumaru fell backwards, not attacking. He recognized Kagome's scent the instant she collided into him. He flopped to the grass below. Legs straddled his hips and hands held him down. Seconds later, Kagome yanked the hood off, a wide smile on her face.

"Got you, Sesshoumaru!" she giggled, her face inches from his. Sesshoumaru smiled, ignoring the warm feeling he was getting from hers. He also ignored the other feeling she was causing as her legs grasped his hips tighter.

"Surprised?" she asked, noticing how silent he was. He grabbed her waist suddenly and rolled over, pinning her to the ground.

"Are you?" he smirked. Just as Kagome opened her mouth to speak, a giggle fluttered from the edge of the clearing. They both turned to find Aniki smiling at them.

'Well, well, well. Here I am, back at the house, worried about you two. I come to make sure you're alright, and I find you two-" he stopped, tapping his furry chin. "What ARE you two doing, anyway?"

Sesshoumaru leapt up suddenly, leaving Aniki and Kagome in the clearing. Kagome blushed as Aniki helped her up. "Ready to go back, my lady? It is almost time for dinner."

Kagome nodded. She climbed on Aniki's back and he headed back to the house. As it came into view, Aniki turned to her.

"Thank you, Kagome-miko-sama," he whispered, a smile on his face. Kagome blinked.

"For what?" she asked.

"For making Sesshoumaru-sama smile. It has been years since he's done that."

Kagome blushed, but nodded, wrapping her arms around him. When they landed, she gave Aniki a big hug.

"Why did you do that, my lady?" he asked. Kagome shrugged. "I guess to say, 'you're welcome'."

Aniki smiled and lead her in the house. After dinner, (and Kagome nearly spilling Sesshoumaru's rice in the floor) Kagome went to bed. Sighing, she wondered again what Inuyasha and the others were doing without her.

-------