InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unexpected Feelings ❯ Calling it a Night ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

R_S: look, I've said this before, it's going to take me a while to post. (To those I'm addressing, you know who you are.)
 
Kikyohater118: Jeez, chill-out. The chapter I was posting for that fic was prewritten from at least 3 before I put it up. I just haven't gotten a chance to sit down and write. Finals are coming up, plus I have 2 projects to do, and I'm experiencing extreme writers block. Let's not forget I'm currently in the process of writing 5 fanfictions (5th is on another site) and 2 original stories that I've not yet posted on Fiction Press. Also, with lack of new episodes, my interest in `Winx Club' is fading. It should pick up again with the new season, though. Maybe. Please don't spam my other fics, you wasted a lot of my since I was trying to find a way to delete pointless reviews on this site. I put a lot of effort into this story and if you aren't going to accept that, then don't read or review it. And I'm fully intent on finishing all my stories, thank you very much!
 
 
Chapter 12
Calling it a Night
 
They'd reached Kaede's village within an hour, the flight having taken a heavy toll on everyone. Rin had fallen asleep sitting in the saddle and Jaken was beginning to nod off with her. While stepping off of Haitchi's yellow form the boys' stiff limbs cracked, causing the girls to grimace. (An: I know, I called him pink last time. That was a typo, sorry!)
 
“I am definitely ready to call it a night.” Bloom commented, finishing the statement with a yawn. Almost everyone else followed in suit. Sesshomaru carried Rin into the hut and set her down on a mat. The child stirred a bit but did not wake.
 
“She's such a little angel.” Commented Flora as everyone settled down for some sleep.
 
“Indeed,” agreed Tecna, “she is quite adorable.” Inuyasha and Riven could be heard saying `Feh.' and `Hn.' in the background.
 
“Man, I'm beat.” Musa gave a little yawn.
 
“Well,” Brandon stretched, scratching the back of his brown mop of hair, “night.” He received a rather good chorus of similar responses in return.
 
As everyone settled down for sleep in the now cramped hut, a pretty brunette tiptoed over to the Demon lord.
 
“Good night.” Whispered Flora, a faint blush painting her cheeks, before she turned away and settled down on her own mat. Minutes later, when every soul was asleep on the floor but one, three words could be heard ringing out through the room.
 
“Good night, Flora.” Turning slightly, Sesshomaru lulled himself into a relaxed sleep.
 
Later that Night
 
The group awoke mere hours since they'd settled down for sleep. Well, most of them did. Four girls lay tossing and turning across the floor, painful moans erupting from their throats. They were switching between their clothing and their fairy outfits, though still in a deep slumber.
 
“What's going on?” Sango asked worriedly as the group watched their friends. Rin had attached herself to Jaken, close to tears. The demon was the same way, but because the death-grip on him was making his green complexion turn blue as a result of the cutting off of his circulation and air supply.
 
“What's happening to them?” Brandon exclaimed while leaning down beside the blond female he called his girlfriend.
 
“Nothing's going on, they're fine.” Bloom assured the group with a yawn. She received strange looks in reply.
 
“They usually do this?” Riven inquired in an incredulous, put-off way. Bloom rolled her eyes. Though he put up a cold front, his worried gaze never left Musa's thrashing form.
 
“No, this is what happens when our powers evolve.”
 
“What does that mean?” Miroku looked confused, just as almost everyone else in the room did.
 
“It means this is how we become stronger. Being a fairy isn't all fun and games you know, it can be downright painful. But, they'll be fine. A little tired and sore in the morning, but fine none the less.”
 
“How come you aren't evolving too?” asked Kagome with a furrowed brow.
 
“I already did not long before we left.” The redhead yawned a bit. “Look, I know it's a little unnerving to see them acting like this but we just have to let them be.”
 
“Is there not something I can give for their troubles? An herb of some sort?” Kaede wondered, eager to help the poor girls who were obviously in great pain.
 
“Well, there's a potion they can take tomorrow that'll make them feel better, but I don't know it. Only Flora can make it and we don't have the proper ingredients.” The old woman nodded.
 
“Very well, then I shall speak with her in the morning.”
 
“I don't know about you guys,” commented Timmy, “but I don't think I could sleep with them like this.”
 
Miroku spoke calmly while seated in a meditative position, eyes closed. “I agree. Not only would the noise wake us up, but the fact that our friends are in pain simply would not allow for a restful slumber.” The group nodded.
 
“How long do these… these horrid fits usually last?” Jaken asked rudely, causing everyone to glare at him.
 
“Only about two hours tops, usually they're only, like, an hour to an hour n' fifteen minutes.” Bloom said matter of factly.
 
“So we should all stay up with them until it passes, just to be sure.” Kagome stated, “I mean, it won't be much longer. Twenty minutes have already passed since they started.”
 
`It's so freaky to watch her like that, flailing about.' Timmy thought, `Poor Tecna…'
 
`I hope Musa wakes up soon… I'm so worried about her. If she doesn't come to soon everyone will start catching on that I actually do care. That can't happen, I've got a reputation to uphold…' Riven sat alone, worriedly pondering the raven-haired girl's condition.
 
`Hn. Humans certainly are quite weak… but they'd better wake up soon. I may be forced to destroy them myself if this goes on much longer.' Though outwardly appearing not to care of the girls' convulsions, Sesshomaru refused to admit to himself that deep down he was worried for Flora.
 
Most of the group wholeheartedly agreed to Kagome's aforementioned idea and stayed up for another hour to ensure their female companions' safety. After that, the whole group fell into an unnerving, dreamless sleep.
 
Meanwhile
 
“Naraku!” a beautiful demoness stomped into the evil being's castle, walking straight up to him.
 
“What is it, Kagura.” He asked, not turning from the young Kanna's mirror.
 
“Why did you not tell me of the girls' powers?” the female demanded angrily, drawing her fan from the obi of her kimono. With a flick of her wrist, the red and white weaponry flew open and she was ready to attack. Unfazed, Naraku summoned a glowing red ball within his hands. The slightest squeeze sent Kagura to the ground, clutching her fist to her chest and gasping for air as sweat poured down her face and neck. He smirked.
 
“Do not forget, Kagura, that I own you. In my hands I hold the balance of your life… and your death. Do not cross paths with me for you will not leave the victor.” He relinquished his grip on the odd crimson orb, “Now take your leave. I shall summon you when you are needed once more.”
 
Obediently, the raven-haired beauty stood from her kneeling position and bowed at the waist. Her face was emotionless, mouth drawn into a taught line. Her eyes burned luminescent, adding an eerie glow to the blackened room. Rage coursed through her. It ran through her blood, tingled on her skin, caused her bones to shake. She would have her revenge.
 
“Yes master.” She muttered sharply in compliance before exiting the room.
 
`Some day Naraku. Some day I will destroy you and be free.'
 
Meanwhile
 
“Here are those ingredients you wanted Icy.” Darcy said, placing three oddly shaped bottles on a small wooden table. The snow witch lifted one, grinning at it menacingly. Within the translucent, green glass flask could be seen hundreds of small insects, no larger than ants, swarming to break free. She grinned menacingly at it.
 
“Excellent…” uncorking the bottle, she dumped a bit of them into the boiling cauldron before her. They hit the bubbly, blue liquid with a hiss, transforming it into a purple color. Stormy, who was sitting at the table beside the cauldron, smirked.
 
“There's no way we can fail this time,” she commented cruelly, “those pixies are off their turf. We can finally destroy them once and for all.” The three girls laughed maniacally.
 
“That spell we cast on that Earth loser's well worked like a charm.” Icy drawled cockily, “The little annoyances can't leave.”
 
“We'll just hop a portal into that dimension, crush the little freaks, and be on our way. After they're out of the way, nothing can stand in our way to conquer the universe.” Darcy's evil smile widened a bit.
 
The head of the group picked up the last two bottles. Without even bothering to open them, they were tossed into the scalding vat. The mixing of the concoctions caused a mini explosion to occur, skull shaped smoke rose to the ceiling. The potion became a mixture of vibrant orange and sickly green. The girls filled six beakers with the grotesque, steaming mixture. They closed the bottles and looked at them, smiling with far away, insane looks in their eyes.
 
“Ladies, I think it's time we paid those little pixie losers a visit.” As lightning struck outside, the three laughed maniacally.
 
End Chapter
 
 
R_S: I know, not my best work. But I've been on a tight schedule! I'm gonna try and wrap this fic up soon n' then take a short break before I start the sequal, which I already have some ideas for. Leave Lotsa reviews!