InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unexpected ❯ New Student, New Project ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"…" = Talking `…' = Thinking

Chapter 1

~New Student, New Project~

Inuyasha ignored his homeroom teacher rambling on and on for the attendance. When his teacher announced his name, he gave a weak hearted "Present" and tuned out the teacher's voice.

Finally the teacher finished the role call. The door to the classroom opened, and a raven-haired girl walked in.

"Ah, you must be Kagome Higurashi," the teacher turned towards the class, "Class, this is Kagome Higurashi. Why don't you tell us about yourself dear?" It was more of a gentle command than a request.

"Sure Mrs. Kingston," Kagome said respectfully and turned to the class, "My name is Kagome Higurashi, as you already know. I'm 16 almost 17. I was born in Tokyo, Japan," she concluded.

"Thank you Kagome. You may sit…" Mrs. Kingston glanced around the room, "Beside Sango and Inuyasha over there," Mrs. Kingston pointed out the two people she named.

Nodding, she grabbed her books and plopped down in her seat. Mrs. Kingston began her lecture.

The bell rang, signifying the end of the class. The students grabbed their books and headed towards their lockers to get their books and materials for the next class.

"Hey Kagome!" Sango cried out. "What do you have for you're next class?" Sango asked.

"I don't know, let me check." Kagome rummaged through her books to find her timetable. She pulled it out and handed it out to Sango, who quickly skimmed through it and exclaimed: "Hey cool! You have the same schedule as I do! Great, I can show you around without getting late. Hey, we better get going; otherwise we'll miss biography. Mr. Kilburn will be furious if anyone is late. Let's go!" and with that, Sango dragged Kagome off towards their next class.

"Have you met the gang yet? I guess not, since they're not in our class before lunch except for homeroom; but you've never had a chance to get to know them there. Come on, they're supposed to meet us in the cafeteria." Sango lead her to the cafeteria, where a bunch of teens were headed.

Once they entered the cafeteria, Sango waved to two guys - once with black hair pulled in a rattail, and the other with long silvery hair who looked familiar.

"Hey Sango," greeted the black haired guy.

"Don't even think about groping me Miroku!" Sango yelled.

"I wouldn't think of doing such a thing!" Miroku said, trying to look innocent.

"This, is Miroku the Perv, and you already know Inuyasha," Sango said, introducing the two.

"You're such a beautiful woman - will you bear my child?" Miroku asked. He received two slaps - one from Sango and the other from Kagome.

Inuyasha just grunted his hello. Sango and Kagome just ignored them.

"It's so cool to have another girl in the gang. Now you can help me face Miroku!" Kagome sweat dropped. "Anyway, did you think that biology quiz was difficult? I did!" Sango asked, Kagome shook her head no.

"I'm starving. I wonder what mom packed me," Kagome, taking out her lunch bag.

Lunch quickly passed and Kagome found herself enjoying herself.

Kagome passed the rest of her afternoon with at least one person she knew. Soon, Kagome had to go to her last class: Science.

"Okay, Mr. Terse is the greatest teacher ever! He has these coolest projects and stuff. You'll love him." Sango said, with the guys behind her. (A/N You know who I'm talking about!)

"Okay class, settle down, settle down." The class immediately settled down. "I have this new project for you guys," the class cheered, "Since we're studying mechanics and such, I'm going to pair you guys up and you will have to create a remote controlled vehicle, using whatever you want. You can also create it in any form you wish. It doesn't matter. At the end of the project, we're going to race them against each other and find out whose vehicle is the best. Understood?" the class nodded.

"Okay, listen closely, I'm going to pair you guys up, then I'll leave you time to discuss what you guys want to do. Kirsten and Luke, Daniel and Lucifer, Macy and Diane…" At this point Inuyasha tuned out Mr. Terse's voice, until, "Naraku and Kikyo, Sango and Miroku - " a slap could be heard, followed by "PERV!", "and Inuyasha and Kagome," Inuyasha's head whipped around to look at Kagome, who was smirking.

`Oh great, I get paired up with the new girl! A girl! Now I'll have to do all the work, there is no way that she'd know anything to do with this! Damn!' Inuyasha thought.

"Ok, now that you know who you're paired up with, I want you guys to go and discuss about you're plans. I haven't set up a deadline yet, but I'll figure out something out, probably in a month or so. That should give you plenty of time. Now get going." Everyone met with there partners.

Sango went near Miroku and glared at him, "If you grope me one more time, I will give you so many lumps, you won't even have a human shape!" Sango threatened. Kagome grinned and shook her head when she heard this, making her way towards the now grumpier Inuyasha.

`This is gonna be fun. I'm guessing that Inuyasha is sad thinking that he's paired up with a mere girl who probably doesn't know what a screw driver is. Man, he's gonna be in for a surprise!' Kagome mentally laughed.

"So we're gonna be working together eh?" Kagome asked when she reached the grumpy person sitting there. Inuyasha grunted.

"So anyway, I thought we could head over to my place after school and start working, if you have nothing else to do." Kagome suggested.

That's when Inuyasha began to talk. "How about no. You probably don't even have any equipment at your place. Why should we? Even my place would have more needed stuff than yours. So if we're going to work after school, it's gonna be at MY place."

Kagome's mental grin widened. "That's probably true about my apartment, but…"

"But what?"

"Well let's just go over to my place anyway. I have to get something. This is a very unexpected project."

"Feh, whatever."

And the bell rang.

Sango and Kagome walked to their lockers, which just happened to be beside each other's, and put their books back.

"So, what do you think of Mr. Terse? That's gonna be a difficult project. Ugh, I can't believe I'm paired up with Miroku!" Sango exclaimed.

"I liked the project."

"So where do you live Kagome?"

"Apartment 42, 88 Sunset Boulevard."

"No kidding! That's where I live! In fact, I live in apartment 43 - that means we're floor mates! Cool!"

Kagome closed her locker and grinned.

"So do you take the bus?" Sango asked.

"No, I drive." Sango gave Kagome a stare.

"You have your own car. Man, you're lucky! I still haven't been able to get one yet!"

"Do you want a ride home? I'm sure it would be a lot better than the bus." Kagome suggested.

"You bet! Sure," Sango replied, closing her locker. Together they walked towards the front door, which when you took a right turn, lead to the parking lot. There, Inuyasha was waiting for them, and Miroku.

Kagome glanced at Miroku, "So I'm driving you home too right?" Miroku nodded.

"Well actually, all you have to do is drive me to Sango's. We're starting our project there." Miroku grinned. Sango muttered perv under her breath.

"Well let's get going."

"Which car is yours, Kagome? I bet it's probably a rundown Ford," Inuyasha said, smirking.

"Actually it's not, Inuyasha. It's the red one over there." Kagome pointed out her car and the other three's jaws dropped. (Anime style!) It was a red Ferrari.

"Holy Shit! How'd you get that!" Inuyasha yelled. "You probably stole it!" At that, Kagome stiffened.

"Actually, my parents left me a shit load of money when they died, and I just added to that fortune," she said coldly.

"Whoa, sorry Kagome," Sango and Miroku said. "It's ok, what's done has been done. You can't change it."

They got into Kagome's Ferrari, which earned a few whistles from some people passing by and they drove off.

Kagome turned the volume up as they drove to Kagome and Sango's place. It was a half-hour drive, since their apartment were near the edge of the city; close to the forest.

They got there and Kagome parked her car next to a motorbike. They got out and headed into the apartment building.

Kagome, Inuyasha and Sango, Miroku split up once they got to their floor. Kagome took out her keys and unlocked the door. They entered.

"Holy shit!" Inuyasha called out, for the second time he was surprised. The apartment was huge! Not too mention that Kagome had a huge plasma screen that took up most of one wall. There was a couch and a love seat, a coffee table. Then there was a door that lead to the dining room and then the kitchen. There was one sliding glass door that lead to a balcony. A hallway lead down to other rooms. Presumably the bathroom and the bedrooms.

Kagome walked down the hall, leaving Inuyasha to stare at his surroundings. She entered her room, grabbed a pair of keys and left.

"Ok, let's go."

"But I thought we were working at your place," Inuyasha said.

"Well I did say that, but after I realized that I didn't have any stuff here for our project, I decided that we should go elsewhere." Kagome pulled Inuyasha out of her apartment and they headed towards her car. Getting in, Kagome drove Inuyasha farther out of the city, until the reached this oddly shaped building.

"Where are we?" Inuyasha asked, puzzled.

Kagome pressed a button on one of her keys (A/N it was one of those mechanical key thingies, or whatever you call them. LOL, sorry, barely know anything about mechanics. ^_^) and almost one entire wall, which turned out to be a garage door, lifted up, revealing a gigantic sized garage.

"Holy Shit! God this is crazy!" and for the third time in less than a day, Inuyasha was thoroughly shocked.

~*~*~*~

FireRose18: That's enough for today. Hope you liked it! Please send reviews, though it doesn't really matter. I'd like it if you did!

Ok, so I don't really know anything about building stuff, especially like remote controlled cars, so bear with me, k? Thanks! Also this is my first fanfic, so go easy on me, K?

LOL, ciao for now!