InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unexpected ❯ Checkin' the Races Out ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"talking" `thinking'

Chapter 5

~ Checkin' the Races Out ~

~*~*~*~ Last time ~*~*~*~

Kouga looked shocked for a sec. But then regained his composure.

"Sorry dude, I didn't know that. It's her fault though, she wanted it, she got it."

"Sorry! Sorry! That's all you can say? My sister almost went mental because of it and all you have to say is sorry? You're whacked man," by now half the club was staring.

Inuyasha grabbed Kagome's hand. "Come on Kagome, let's go." They left, followed by Miroku and Sango.

"Sorry about that Kagome," Inuyasha apologized. He was still worked up about it.

"It's ok, Inuyasha."

"I'll be seeing you then. Bye," Inuyasha and Miroku said and left, leaving Kagome and Sango by themselves.

~*~*~*~ Onto the next chappie! ~*~*~*~

Sunday came, and Kagome invited Inuyasha over to her garage, so they could start working on their project.

Since Kagome, was an expert at this kind of thing, and she had some help, they had finished half of the project.

"Whoa, that was harder than I thought it would be," Inuyasha exclaimed, when they called for a pause.

Kagome smiled. "You get used to it."

Inuyasha left the workroom and went into the show room, where the four bikes were.

He stared at them, still shocked.

"I can't believe you own these." Then something hit him. If she owned those, then she must be the ten-time winner! The one who always! It couldn't be Kagome!"

"You're Higurashi! K. Higurashi! The one who would never tell anyone the first name when you race!" Inuyasha yelled.

Kagome smirked. "I guess I am K. Higurashi. Anyway, I'm hungry, you want head back to my pad and eat?"

"Feh," Kagome took that as a yes. They hopped into Inuyasha's car, since it wouldn't matter if she left one car at the garage.

It was getting late, and Inuyasha had long left Kagome's pad.

`Hmm, I should check out how the racing here goes. I heard there was a race down by the piers,' Kagome thought.

She quickly ate dinner and went to get changed.

She changed into a black leather suit, with gloves and boots and headed out. It was dark already by this time.

She headed towards a blue and white motorcycle, which nobody had really noticed. It happened also to be designed by her. She grinned and put on her helmet, which also happened to be designed by her. It allowed her to see well in the night, and let no one see her face. She never let her real name known in the races she participated in.

She headed down to the piers and sure enough was a huge group of racers and their bikes.

She made her way to a person who was obviously noting down the riders and who raced whom. It was a girl, about two years younger than her.

"You're a new racer, I don't recognize you," the girl said. Kagome nodded.

"I'm Rin. The rules here are simple. You play fair and square. You start at the bottom and work to the top. Got it?" Kagome nodded again.

"So what's your name?" Rin asked.

Kagome smirked. "Where I come from, I'm known as Black Fire. You can write down my name as such."

Rin nodded. There were a couple of riders who liked to keep their names a secret.

"Alright, Miss Black, I put you against the weakest rider. Your race will be in about half an hour." Kagome nodded and left.

During that half an hour, she quickly found out that she was the only female racer.

"Hey babe, why don't you show your face from under that helmet of yours?" a male with a sneer said, approaching her. She knew his type. She sighed.

"How about not?"

"I don't like being refused," the male said. Trying to get closer. Then he reached out for her. Kagome took this moment to grab his arm and twisted it.

"Don't even think about touching me, the next time you won't be so lucky. Next time you'll be writhing in pain on the ground. Understand?" Kagome hissed. The male nodded and Kagome let go of him. He walked back to his bike, trying to muster as much grace as possible.