InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unshed Tears ❯ Cloud's Between Silver Lining ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Unshed Tears

By: Jonathan Reeves

Summary: It is the day of the new moon, which quickly turns to night. Inuyasha wants to leave the group for their sake, but they refuse. What happens when he sneaks away during nightfall when everyone is asleep? Can Inuyasha survive the night? Please R&R.

It was the dreaded time of month, the night of the New Moon. The Inuyasha-Gumi had set up camp early that day, to ensure that the night would go well. Inuyasha didn't see it as safe, and began to leave. "See you later", he said as he began walking into the forest. "And just where are you going?" asked everyone in unison. The monk turned around and said, "Let me handle this". Everyone agreed since they new the monk had a way of pulling information out of the hanyou.

"Why are you leaving?" Asked the delinquent houshi. "I am leaving because it seems whenever I turn human we always get attacked, so it will be safer for everyone this way". "Baka, we won't just sit here and let you kill yourself." Said the houshi. "Like you can do anything about it Bozu", said Inuyasha. "I still have most of my demon powers left, and I don't see Kagome around here to stop me." Said the irritated Inuyasha. "I have my ways", said Miroku. No later had he said that, Inuyasha was bound by Miroku's ofuda. "Sorry, but these don't come off until morning." Said the houshi with a smile. "This way we can get some sleep, and not have to worry about a certain `hanyou' running off in the night." Said Miroku to Inuyasha.

This was the bozu's mistake, because the ofuda that he had place on Inuyasha would only hold him while he had his youkai powers. Inuyasha knew this, but kept it to himself. "I'll play along with their stupid game for now, but when they are asleep I am outta here." Said Inuyasha. "Why do they insist on wasting their time and their lives on a worthless hanyou like me?" Thought Inuyasha to himself.

Inuyasha took a small nap, and woke up when nightfall had already set. His demonic powers gone, Inuyasha simply got up and walked off into the forest while everyone was asleep. "Damn that houshi and these stupid things", said Inuyasha angrily. He then began running deeper into the forest, but before long he became tired, and had to settle for looking for some place reasonably safe for the night. As soon as he spotted a place to hide, he heard a certain someone coming. Inuyasha quickly climbed into a tree. The figure came into view no sooner then he had settled himself. It was Kouga.

Well this chapter is done. If you are wondering about my other fic, Poison, I have written the other chapters, I just need to find the disk I put them on. A thanks goes out to Cosmic Castaway for the idea. Well I'm back in school now, and I don't think I will be able to write much in class, but please read and review, the next chapter will be out soon. I'll try my best to write as swiftly as possible.