InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Until Death ❯ Room for One More (Part I) ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A.N. Okay people! I want to thank all of you that took out the time to review my last chapter! You are all awesome! Plus, I woke up in the middle of the night with the rest of my story all planned out! Hopefully the chapters will come faster! So, enjoy!!!!
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha, if I did,I wouldn't be sitting at my computer at 2:30 in the morning typing up this fanfic.
 
Sesshoumaru's Beast
“Dialogue”
Thought
 
Until Death
 
Room for One More?
Part I
 
The next day came, the morning reveling in more tears of the sky. If anything, it was raining harder than it had been the day before. Having such a long day, everyone slept in, and it wasn't until almost lunch time that Rin came bounding into Kagome's room. Clad in a clean orange and yellow kimono and hair still damp from her current bath, the child ran into the room, not much more than a brightly colored blur as she jumped playfully onto the bed.
Despite the jostling the young miko had just endured, her face was set in a serene façade. Her mouth was opened just a hair, the slight, wispy sounds of peaceful breathing escaping the confines of her mouth. Her hair was fanned out around her face, a few misplaced strands standing stark black out amongst the porcelain smooth appearance of her countenance. Her body was settled in an intricate twist, one leg poked out from among the sheets and blankets, hanging delicately over the edge of the bed. One supine arm was settled daintily in the crook of her neck, the other hidden beneath the blankets.
Rin hesitated momentarily, the serene picture before her warranting at least a moment of silence, and maybe, a little more sleep. Rin shook herself from her thoughts. Sesshoumaru-sama told Rin to wake Kagome for lunch. Rin reprimanded herself as she bent down to shake the sleeping miko. Gently, as if afraid of waking her too quickly, Rin gave Kagome's upper arm a tender nudge. When this seemingly had no effect, she tried again, harder, adding the soothing call of her name. “Kagome, it's time to get up. Sesshoumaru-sama wants us to meet him for lunch. Rin promised we wouldn't be late.” Rin whispered as her shaking became firmer and less relaxed. She repeated her previous sentence louder and with more gusto. “Kagome, wake up!” she shouted frantically into the miko's ear, hoping for a response. There was no such luck.
Sesshoumaru, having heard all of the commotion from his quarters, noted the distress in his ward's voice, and made himself present. Upon entering the room, he had to stop and look around. The room felt bleak, and even though the sun shone heavily through the balcony the air held a chill, one that sent shivers coursing down your spine. Sesshoumaru walked effortlessly up to Rin, his hand placed lightly on her head, the only way he could bring himself to show comfort. “Rin, what are you shouting about?” he asked as though Kagome's motionless body wasn't reason enough to scream.
Rin looked up at Sesshoumaru, tears shining brightly in her eyes as she fought them back, knowing her master wouldn't approve of such a show of raw emotions. She fumbled for words, finally finding them as she gulped down her tears, one escaping down the side of her cheek, only to be hastily wiped away with the back of her hand. “Sesshoumaru-sama, Rin came to wake Kagome for lunch, but Kagome-chan won't wake up.' She said, her lips forming into a pout, though she was still trying desperately to hold back the waterworks; Sesshoumaru let out a breath and gave her head another gentle pat. “Why don't you go down and get lunch, Rin. This Sesshoumaru will wake the miko.” Sesshoumaru said as he turned towards Kagome. He had always taught the girl that crying before others was unsightly and showed weakness, but once by herself there was no reason to stop the string of tears he knew was coming. In fact, by the smell of the salt in the air, he had to say she had probably already started.
Turning his devote attention to the girl before him, he sank onto the bed beside her. He noted her breathing was normal, as was her heart rate and her other vital signs indicated any reason to worry. Upon further inspection, it appeared that she was in a deep sleep. Sesshoumaru pulled the blankets around Kagome's lithe form and a slight smile tugged at the corners of his mouth. For some reason, unlike Rin, he felt no fear for Kagome. His instinct told him she was healing from the previous day's events. This thought brought his smile into a frown. He would have to talk to her about using her energy wisely, and conserving what little energy she had. This must be especially hard for her. She's so used to having boundless amounts of energy, and now she's stuck in a body she can't control. Sesshoumaru thought as the information Kagome had told him about her disease surfaced to his mind.
He fought back the pity he felt for her, knowing pity was not something the young miko would accept. Taking his weight off the bed, he glanced at the sleeping angel before him and sighed. It's such a shame she's dying…
 
Author's Note: Okay, I know this is really, really short, but I'm really, really limited on time.I've been bombarded with loads of homework and my two jobs are fighting over who gets me for more hours! Anyway,I want to thank everyone for the reviews I received over the last chapter!Because the chapter is so short, I plan to upload another as soon as possible. Please Rate and Review!!!! Thanx!