InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Untitled As Of Yet ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Konnichi wa, peoples dumb enough to read this! Well, this is my new story (or it will be once I start typing it ^^;;;) Anyway, here's the full summary: Kagome's paranoid, especially about demons. One problem: Kagome lives in a world where demons are the dominant species and where humans are considered money donations. To help her overcome her paranoia, Kagome goes to a therapist that's specialized in… well… paranoia. Inuyasha is the son of the exact same therapist that Kagome goes to. In an attempt to help Kagome rise up and beyond her fear, her therapist makes Kagome meet with Inuyasha every time she goes to see her therapist, which is everyday of the work week (you know, Monday through Friday). Well, here's your story. Hopefully, it'll be better than Tomodachi, my first fan fiction.
Here it is:
~*~*~*~*~
Untitled As Of Yet
By Arhu
Chapter One
 
 
A girl of about fifteen walked down the sidewalk of Tokyo, always looking over her shoulder as if someone were following her.
A man with red eyes and pointed ears walked up to the girl, holding a sky-blue kimono that had a fire design on the ends of the sleeves and on the bottom of the garment, as well.
“Would you like to buy this beautiful kimono?” asked the man. “It would look gorgeous on you, I think.”
The girl started to walk a little faster. “No, thank you,” she said quickly.
“But you must! Come on, I'll give you a discount!” the man tried.
“No, thanks,” the girl said with a hint of fear in her voice.
“But—”
The man was cut off as the girl took off down the sidewalk, running inside of a building that had the words “Tokyo Central Therapy Offices” on the front of it.
~*~*~*~*~
The girl slid to a halt in front of the secretary of her therapist's office, panting wildly to try and catch her breath from her run through the city. "I'm… Kagome Higurashi. …I'm here… to see Kira… yama-san,” the girl said in between breaths.
“Oh! Of course! Please, go right in!” replied the secretary. “Her office is right down the hall, second door on the left.”
“Thank you.”
The girl, Kagome, walked down the hall the secretary had mentioned. She quickly found Kirayama-san's office, as her door had the name “Kaoru Kirayama, Professional Therapist”.
Kagome entered the room slowly, looking around cautiously.
She heard a slight rustling of paper to her right and turned to see a beautiful woman with dark brown hair secured tightly into a bun sitting at a desk. The woman looked up at Kagome, saying, “Hello and welcome! You must be Kagome! I'm Kaoru Kirayama, your new therapist.”
“Hello…” Kagome said slowly.
“Oh, please take a seat,” said the woman kindly. “We're going to start today off with a few simple questions about you,” Kaoru continued after Kagome had sat down on the couch that was in the somewhat cozy office. "We'll start off simple. How are you today?"
Kagome thought for a moment. "Um… It's okay, I guess…" Kagome answered slowly.
"That's good," Kaoru said. "Do you have any brothers or sisters?"
Kagome nodded. "I have two older sisters named Sango and Kikyou and a younger brother named Souta," Kagome said.
"Wow! What a big family!" Kaoru said unbelievingly. "I'm an only child myself, so I am very envious of people who have siblings. I'm even jealous of my two sons!"
Kagome smiled timidly. "Wow. I thought you looked too young to have children," Kagome said truthfully, looking down at her hands which were in her lap.
"I'm not entirely sure about that, but I'll take it as a compliment, anyways," Kaoru said, laughing slightly. "Thank you. Hmm… so, what school do you go to?"
"I go to Yurimoto's School for Girls," Kagome said, feeling somewhat uncomfortable coming here in her school uniform.
"That's an all girls school, correct?" Kaoru asked.
Kagome nodded.
Kaoru thought for a moment. "How do you like it there? Do you have a lot friends there?" Kaoru continued her interrogation.
"It's okay…" Kagome replied slowly, thinking about it. "I have one really nice friend. Her name is Rin. I'm friends with my older sister, too."
"Is your sister in any of your classes?"
"No. Sango goes to a public school on the other side of town," Kagome said, a little bit of sadness leaking into her voice.
Kaoru nodded in understanding. "Okay. That's it for the easy questions, as we're starting to run out of time. Here's a hard one, instead: what made you want to come to therapy?"
“Uh… well… my family and friends say that I'm paranoid,” Kagome answered, starting off slow, then ending in a rush. "I keep telling them that it's not paranoia, it's just the fact that I'm absolutely terrified of anything demonic, including demons themselves, but they always say the same thing.” Kagome paused.
“What do they say, Kagome?” asked Kaoru, taking Kagome's pause as a chance to speak.
“They say, `How can you be afraid of demons? You've lived with them your entire life!' The only person who actually agrees with what I say is my mother,” Kagome said, sounding annoyed.
“My, this is a serious problem,” Kaoru said after a moment of thought. “You must be terribly frightened just to walk out on the streets! Well, I think I might have some ideas to help you with your problem.”
"Like what?" Kagome asked curiously.
"Well, for starters, I'd like to get you into a public school," Kaoru answered. "I think being with other people and the opposite sex might… change your attitude towards demons."
"How, may I ask, will that change my attitude towards demons?" asked Kagome out of confusion.
"Being around other people's opinions on demons might change yours," Kaoru said. "Besides," she continued, "there's a public school that has someone that might be able to help you."
“Do you mean, `something'?” Kagome asked confusedly.
“No, I mean someone,” Kaoru confirmed. “Kagome, I want you to know that my son is a hanyou.”
Kagome's eyes widened. "Y…y-you're a d-demon?” stuttered Kagome, knowing that a hanyou had a demon parent.
“Oh, heaven's sakes, no!” exclaimed Kaoru. "I'm a human, just like you! My son's half demon, half-human. I make up his human side.”
"Oh…” Kagome said, feeling rather inadequate for making assumptions.
“Anyway, the reason I bring up the topic of my son is because he is the someone I had in mind to help you with your fears,” Kaoru said, changing the subject.
“Huh? B…but I thought I t…told you that I was afraid of anything t…that was demonic…?” Kagome stuttered with fear very evident in her voice.
Kaoru sighed. "I heard what you said, Kagome. I just think that maybe, if you had to come in closer contact with your fear, then maybe you'd get used to being around demons. I also think it would be good for my son, as well.”
Kagome sat for a while, thinking it over after what Kaoru had said. I guess she has a point…. Besides, Kirayama-san's son is half-human, Kagome thought.
“Alright, fine, I'll do it…” Kagome told her therapist reluctantly.
“Oh, wonderful!” replied Kaoru. “Thank you so much, Kagome, for considering my idea. I'll have my son come here after school instead of going home tomorrow so you can meet him. Well, I think your time here for today is up. It was very nice meeting you.”
“Yes, it was nice meeting you as well,” Kagome said politely back to Kaoru.
Kagome got up off of the couch she was sitting on and walked outside of the therapy building. I hope Kirayama-san's idea works Kagome thought uneasily. I just hope this son of hers is as kind as she was.
Kagome shook her head to rid herself of the nasty thoughts that suddenly came to mind as she thought about Kaoru's hanyou son.
Taking a deep breath, Kagome started walking home as confident as she could possibly be.
Kagome started to approach some of the side-of-the-road merchants. Kagome eyed the red eyed demon-man that had tried to sell her a kimono. Her confidence deteriorated.
"Please! You must buy this kimono!" begged the man, sticking that threateningly beautiful kimono in front of Kagome's face.
Kagome's eyes widened. "I said, no!" she screamed and took off running to get back home, the people around her staring at her as if she were insane.
The man stood there, staring after Kagome as well, the kimono still held up to where she had been standing. He said slowly with what looked like a pout on his face, "I only wanted you to buy the kimono…"
~*~*~*~*~
A/N: So there you go; the first chapter of the story that is, as of yet, untitled. Reviews are VERY welcome, flames are, too (basically, anyway I can improve this story). Sorry that this isn't a very long chapter, but, as it says in my profile, my brain is “kaput” when it comes to storylines.
 
Arhu